Pat Buchanan suggests civil disobedience against LGBT

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

SystemError
Redshirt

Pat Buchanan suggests civil disobedience against LGBT

Post by SystemError »

Ah, Pat. I remember that my grandmother admired him when I was a boy. She also voted for George Wallace in 1968. In Illinois.

Pat Buchanan Calls For 'A New Era Of Civil Disobedience' Against LGBT Equality | ThinkProgress

This is Pat speaking.
Priests and pastors marched for civil rights. Others preached for civil rights. But if the gay rights agenda is imposed, we could have priests and pastors preaching not acceptance but principled rejection.

Prelates could be declaring from pulpits everywhere that the triumph of gay rights is a defeat for God’s Country, and the new laws are immoral and need neither be respected nor obeyed.

Something akin to this could be in the cards if the homosexual rights movement is victorious – a public rejection of the new laws by millions and a refusal by many to respect or obey them.

The culture war in America today may be seen as squabbles in a day-care center compared to what is coming. A new era of civil disobedience may be at hand.
Do you know how amazing it would be to see Pat Buchanan lead a bunch of rapidly decaying Baby Boomers into the streets to protest equality? It would mark the final closure of the 1960s.
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."
- Stephen King, The Stand

"Ozone Man, Ozone. He's crazy, way out, far out, man." — George H.W. Bush, speaking about Al Gore during the 1992 presidential campaign
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Re: Pat Buchanan suggests civil disobedience against LGBT

Post by Terralthra »

I can just see that. Social security-receiving retirees chaining their walkers together to prevent people from entering city halls to get marriage licenses.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

He wants to be the Martin Luther King of homophobia.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I say go for it. The only way for it to work is for bigots to expose themselves by refusing to do their jobs. They will quickly learn something. Whats more important? Your bigotry, or your job? Only a handful of jobs are protected with absurd religious morality clauses (conscience laws for pharmacists are so fucking stupid).
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Elfdart wrote:He wants to be the Martin Luther King of homophobia.
Think he'll write inspiring letters from a Birmingham jail? Or have the courage to brave the state police attack dogs, fire hoses, and barbed-wire maces?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Whoever wrote this article is not too bright. Much as I hate Buchanan, and disagree with his prediction, this is a warning of what he thinks may happen, not a call to action.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

That's what it's supposed to look like, maybe.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog