Lore

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Lore

Post by Kuja »

WTF happened to him? Did he die in the series or something? Reason I ask here is that when I saw the previews, I expected to Lore to be one of the bad guys and have an all-out with Data at the end, and I felt cheated as hell when B-foul showed up.
JADAFETWA
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I believe he was permantly shut down and disassembled in Descent.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Watch the TNG episode "Descent"
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

What happened to the parts?

Because Shizon said that they had found B-4 and made modifications to him.

It could be lore, with his memory reset and some of his inteligence circits removed for the extrac memory port.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Probably the hack writers decided that since they'd already used Geordi's Visor back in Generations they'd try something else. Unfortunately that something else wasn't original since they used another Data, when there were only supposed to be the two androids in the first place. How the hell do they just find a prototype in pieces probably hundreds of light years away from Soong's lab anyway?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Probably the hack writers decided that since they'd already used Geordi's Visor back in Generations they'd try something else. Unfortunately that something else wasn't original since they used another Data, when there were only supposed to be the two androids in the first place. How the hell do they just find a prototype in pieces probably hundreds of light years away from Soong's lab anyway?
And 'conveniently' located next to the neutral zone where the Enterprise will be cruising within detection range of said android...

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I meant how the romulans found them in the first place.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Baron Mordo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Mordo »

Didn't Data find parts of other Soong androids in a first season episode? They found Soong's old lab. It might have been "Datalore."
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Couldn't the Romulans or someone else dug up the pieces of Lore and put him back together? Here's TWO blown opportunities in creating the villan for this movie: instead of Retarded Data and Skippy, you could have had Lore and Sela Yar.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Baron Mordo wrote:Didn't Data find parts of other Soong androids in a first season episode? They found Soong's old lab. It might have been "Datalore."
Datalore it was- however the parts Data found were Lore's parts, I'm pretty sure (saw the episode several months ago).
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I nevr liked Lore, he was a wannabe villain who never did much on his own merits. He was either molesting borg or taking it from the crystal entity or something. Data should've just disabled him and made the parts into much smaller parts and those smaller parts into much smaller parts and so on. Whatever happened to the ruthles efficiency of a machine.

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

There is nothing in the movie that would lead us to think that B-4 is Lor.

I thought that Lor was an interesting character, but putting him in charge of the rogue Borg was quite stupid. It reminded me of something the Voyager writers would do.