The Tribbles survive

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

The Tribbles survive

Post by FaxModem1 »

This is somthing noticed when I was 7, and always loved to watch Star Trek films as a kid(Kirk kicks butt is always great to watch.)

In Star Trek III, when Mcoy is at the bar, we see a couple petting 3 or 4 tribbles, do you know what this means? The tribbles are on Earth, its going to be overrun with Tribbles!
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: The Tribbles survive

Post by Isolder74 »

FaxModem1 wrote:This is somthing noticed when I was 7, and always loved to watch Star Trek films as a kid(Kirk kicks butt is always great to watch.)

In Star Trek III, when Mcoy is at the bar, we see a couple petting 3 or 4 tribbles, do you know what this means? The tribbles are on Earth, its going to be overrun with Tribbles!
Only if they are dumn enough to feed the Tribbles. Remember McCoy discovered that if you don't feed them they don't breed.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

This is the Federation we are talking about. The populace is very stupid. And now, a line from the movie.

"GENESIS!!!"

"Yes, Genesis, how can you be deaf with ears as big as those?"

Great movie.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Double Post
Last edited by TheDarkling on 2003-01-18 02:28am, edited 1 time in total.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

The Klingons managed to wipe them out so I guess they must have sent covert ops teams to earth.
Last edited by TheDarkling on 2003-01-18 02:41am, edited 1 time in total.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Isolder74 wrote:
FaxModem1 wrote:This is somthing noticed when I was 7, and always loved to watch Star Trek films as a kid(Kirk kicks butt is always great to watch.)

Only if they are dumn enough to feed the Tribbles. Remember McCoy discovered that if you don't feed them they don't breed.
Um, if they don't eat, how are they supposed to live?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

My guess is you'd only feed it enough to keep it alive, in that case.

Personally, I'd bet that someone (maybe even Cyrano Jones) started making sterile Tribbles and sold them across the galaxy. Except for Klingon territory, it'd probably be a hot seller... not only would they not be pests, they'd insure that your customers came back for more.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

neoolong wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:

Um, if they don't eat, how are they supposed to live?
I dunno ask McCoy!
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

They were probably just fixed........ (They wouldn't have to worry about feeding accidents that way).
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Don't forget, Tribbles breed out of control on starships and starbases because they don't have any predators there. They're basically chattering plush toys. On Earth, they'd be an easy meal for cats, dogs, rats, snakes...just about anything that likes its food moving.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

In one of th books it was discovered that Tribbles gave off special phereomones that told others it ws ok to breed so they wouldnt run out of food .The quadrotriticahli wreaked havok on there system and made em multiply so out of hand.In the cartoon series the Klingons had a tribble predator they created and Cyrano Jones had found a way TO sterilize the tribbles.Yes both are noncannon but still.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Think of the possibilities for SF Intelligence, just keep a sterilised tribble at every important installation, and you never have to worry about Klingon infiltrators again.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

*L* or the roms could just drop a few million on a Klingon planet for Sand G
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!