Worst Trek Episode

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Worst Trek Episode

Post by Captain tycho »

'Nuff said.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Woops.
Can a mod move this to the pure Trek forum?
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Captain tycho wrote:Woops.
Can a mod move this to the pure Trek forum?
It is done.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Voyager: "threshold"...the dumbest Trek episode ever...makes Enterprise look like a work of pure genious.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Sir Sirius wrote:Voyager: "threshold"...the dumbest Trek episode ever...makes Enterprise look like a work of pure genious.
I disagree. I think that "A Night in Sickbay" was by far the weakest.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

That was the one with Archer and T'pol getting all hot and weird with the dog needing something for a cure?

Whew reading that review was painful...can't imagine the episode itself.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

Emissary, Pt. 2. CHRIST! THERE IS MORE TO A TREK EPISODE THAN EXPLAINING LINIAR TIME TO WORMHOLE ALIENS!!!
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

SolidSnake wrote:Emissary, Pt. 2. CHRIST! THERE IS MORE TO A TREK EPISODE THAN EXPLAINING LINIAR TIME TO WORMHOLE ALIENS!!!
Actually, Emmisary wasn't that bad.
"A Night In Sickbay" was pure shit, nothing more.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

While a Night in sickbay was mind numming Threshold offended me in the worst way, I usually give trek a little leeway with its "science" but threshold crossed the line, in fact it crossed the line and set fire to it whilst doing so.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Impossible for me to say. "A Night in Sickbay" was the worst Enterprise episode I have ever seen so far but I don't think it can class as the worst episode of ST in general, there are so many crappy episodes to choose from.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Too many to mention. Most of Voyager.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

OS - Spock's Brain, Lights of Zetar, Way to Eden (60's hippies in space...my BRAIN hurts) were tops on my list

TNG - ALL of SEASON 1, Shades of Grey (clip shows ALWAYS bad), the vast majority of TNG was mediocre not bad, just not good either.

DS9 - MOST of Season 1, The Episode where they're stuck in the alien game, the vast majority of DS9 shows after Season 3 were actually quite decent and the war arch was excellent

Voy: GODAWFUL. ALL SEASONS only an extreme handful are even passable with ONE or TWO that are truly good.

ENT: Stopped watching after Ep 3. If you thought Voy was bad....a TRUE disappointment becaue for once I REALLY liked the premise and the way it was advertised I liked, I even enjoyed the pilot (for the record I never enjoyed a ST pilot except for Where No man has Gone Before..) But it went into a plung at Warp speed afterc that into the deepest pits of canabalized writing and retread ideas.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

DS9: Take me out to the holodeck. aggggghhhh the pain!

that and the one where quark and nog went back in time and crash landed in roswell new mexico...that sucked balls too. "Ohio? the aliens are going to invade Ohio?" ack!
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

Almost all episodes of Boobyprise. The first episode of season one was good.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Stravo wrote:TNG - ALL of SEASON 1, Shades of Grey (clip shows ALWAYS bad), the vast majority of TNG was mediocre not bad, just not good either.
Oh come on. 11001001 wasn't that bad, and I rather liked "Too Short a Season".
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I did NOT like Best of Both Worlds Pt. 2, mostly for one reason:

WHERE'S MY FUCKING WOLF 359?!?!?! :evil:
JADAFETWA
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Even the worst episodes of TOS are not as awful and unwatchable as what Berman Braga have been foisting upon the audiences for the last decade.

TNG is largely mediocre, even with the third and fourth seasons taken into account. But the show hit its nadir in episodes such as "The Naked Now", "Angel One", "110011001", "The Outrageous Okona", "The Dauphin", "The Samaratan Snare", "Shades Of Grey" (a fucking clip show), "The Loss", "Man Of The People", "Rascals", "Lessons", "Force Of Nature", "Genesis", "Masks" and the truly egregious "Sub Rosa".

DSN simply got pathetic the more they started outright ripping off storylines from Babylon 5 and incompetently to boot. But compared to utter shit like Voyager and Boobyprise it's almost a work of genius.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Threshold. Worst. Science. Ever.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

IG-88E wrote:I did NOT like Best of Both Worlds Pt. 2, mostly for one reason:

Buried under the ledgers of the almighty Budget.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

IG-88E wrote:I did NOT like Best of Both Worlds Pt. 2, mostly for one reason:

Best of Both Worlds was a masterpiece, you can only see parts of the battle at DS9 Emissary.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

The episode that sucks giant balls was on last night when Pickard, Roe, Guinen, and Kaiko get the age reversal syndrome after being transported aboard the enterprise. Okay, the premise of the show isn't all that bad..just the child actors who ham it up with bad accents and all.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Next of Kin wrote:The episode that sucks giant balls was on last night when Pickard, Roe, Guinen, and Kaiko get the age reversal syndrome after being transported aboard the enterprise. Okay, the premise of the show isn't all that bad..just the child actors who ham it up with bad accents and all.

"Right number one......um...he's my number one dad"
yea, that was pretty awful, but not as awful as the one where picard was trapped in the turbolift with the 3 kids.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Night in Sickbay was just plain stupid.

There were plenty of okay or even good episodes that were ruined by crappy philosophy/silly moralizing (ie: "Dear Doctor" lots of TNG episodes about the PD, etc) but that one was definately the worst.

Dog pees on stuff, dog gets sick, Captain gets horny for Vulcan bimbo subcommander, has goofy fantasies about her, Doctor clips his toenails, Doctor flosses his tongue, need I go on? Boring and stupid.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

It reminded me more of a fan-made parody of Star Trek than Star Trek itself.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

There were several bad DS9 episodes too (especially in the first two seasons), that I can't remember the names of... that one where the guy builds those "Bad Luck" machines in Quark's bar, and the one where people's imaginations appear as manifestations on the ship (leperachuans, baseball players, Dax being horny for Doc Bashir, etc).

Actually, now that I think about it, the Jadzia Dax episodes were probably some of the worst of DS9 in general (even Loxwanna Troi, Q, and Quark had more interesting adventures in some cases), either silly, boring, or completely unbelievable and stupid. The subplot with Kira's pregancy was pretty silly as well (though necessary I guess, as a plot device to keep Nana Visitor in the show whilst pregnant).