Now that this is the Pure ST forum...

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Now that this is the Pure ST forum...

Post by Kuja »

Will the 'EDIT' button be kept? Or will it disapper, like in the SW/ST and PSW forums?
JADAFETWA
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

Should it?
Concession accepted - COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION
Elite Warrior Monk of SD.net
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
HAB Special-Ops and Counter-Intelligence Agent
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

It should be taken off.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
BenRG
Padawan Learner

Post by BenRG »

As much as I loathe the absense of the 'edit' and 'delete' buttons on the other forums, the argument that led to their removal on the other forums applies here too. We can't have debates sabotaged by post-rebuttal editing of your original arguments. I mean, I'm sure that we are all too honorable to do something like that, but why take the risk of newbie abuse? Or the deliberate actions of fanboys who would rather edit the past to create a procedural delay than admit defeat?

So, I think that it is better if the edit button goes. :(
BenRG - Liking Star Trek doesn't mean you have to think the Federation stands a chance!

~*~*~*~

Waiting for the New Republic to attack the Federation
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Leave it until it gets abused. There's no point in taking away something that isn't doing any harm as of yet.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
AWACS
Redshirt

Re: Now that this is the Pure ST forum...

Post by AWACS »

IG-88E wrote:Will the 'EDIT' button be kept? Or will it disapper, like in the SW/ST and PSW forums?
Why oh WHY have you said this? If you'd just kept quiet they (aka the mods, Wong etc.) might never have noticed (that the edit button had been left on in this forum). But now that you've drawn it to their attention they're sure to remove it.
This is your butt on the street: (_*_)
This is your butt when you get arrested: (_._)
This is your butt in jail: (_O_)

Don't go to jail!
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Now that this is the Pure ST forum...

Post by Enlightenment »

AWACS wrote:Why oh WHY have you said this? If you'd just kept quiet they (aka the mods, Wong etc.) might never have noticed (that the edit button had been left on in this forum). But now that you've drawn it to their attention they're sure to remove it.
The mods don't have the privilages necessary to alter fourm settings. Wong (or more specifically, his Kanos persona) is the only one who can do that.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I doubt that it would be necessary to be taken off. Don't take it off until some troll comes around and it becomes necessary to take it off.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.