Maurader's Idiocy

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

kojikun wrote:Is it legal to launch tactical nukes on Paramount?
There is no law against it and if there is one you can blame it on Saddam :mrgreen:
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Reminds me of a Rock video from 91 where Arnold was plaing a termie in it and meets the band at the end he scans all of them and leaves them alone after coming to the conclusion they would be a waste of ammo B+B and Paramount are in the same category
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Darth Wong wrote:
HemlockGrey wrote:
Did you say "deuterium miners?" What the fuck do B&B think deuterium is?
Well, in the episode, deuterium was a very rare and very valuable resource that was pumped out the ground and used to fuel starships.
Well, in reality, deuterium is a radioisotope of hydrogen, and is formed by neutron capture. Water composed of D2O is called "heavy water". There will be minute traces of heavy water in any natural body of water, but there will NOT be a natural wellspring of heavy water.

Yet again, B&B urinate on the audience's brains.
In the description of the Fenari's "Homeworld" it was a heavily Volcanic "Tundra World" High Gravity (Very Large), but far enough out from it's primary to be cold, the planet is full of Hot springs, heavy elements, including many, many radioactives. The biggest impossiblity was that I included a "Dead Sea" of concentrated Deuterium (Knowing it was just "Heavy Water" I figured that such a convaience could be swallowed by some..... Purhaps I will rethink that....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

TheDarkling wrote:
Originally, 'Dear Doctor' was supposed to end in a different manner. "The ending that had initially been created I was fairly comfortable with. But the head of the studio suggested some revisions on the ending. What do you do? I wasn't as happy with the revisions, but it's not my show, you have to sort of adjust, even if sometimes it does seem a bit of a contradiction in terms for what your character is supposed to be about."
So how did the ending change? "[In the original version,] in this crisis of conscience, the Doctor essentially does something that violates the standard issue hierarchical obligations of a crewmember to his captain," he explains. "In effect, he makes a decision that's rooted in 'I've got bigger fish to fry,' rather than honoring his captain's wishes. The network essentially felt that no, it was important to essentially make sure that everyone was here to support the captain's decisions. Personally I thought, 'Well, I think you've kind of lost something interesting in this potential tension.' But, that's not my call."
Well, aren't we good little fascists? :x
JADAFETWA
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

oooo no conflict amongst the main characters........BORRRRRRRRRRIIIINNNNGGG .This is what made B5 good they main chars often disagreed with each other and voiced there opinions
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Typhonis 1 wrote:oooo no conflict amongst the main characters........BORRRRRRRRRRIIIINNNNGGG .This is what made B5 good they main chars often disagreed with each other and voiced there opinions
TOS as well. One of the best character scenes in all ST history was from the episode "Obsession"; when McCoy fails in his effort to reason with Kirk, he lays it on the line when he tells him flat out, "I am preparing a medical log entry, on my estimation of the physical and emotional breakdown of a starship captain. Which requires a witness of command grade." And in enters Spock.

Good writing allows the characters of a series to be human beings. This is why it seems that BragaTrek™ is populated by drones, blow-up dolls, and cardboard standees.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Darth Wong wrote:
HemlockGrey wrote:
Did you say "deuterium miners?" What the fuck do B&B think deuterium is?
Well, in the episode, deuterium was a very rare and very valuable resource that was pumped out the ground and used to fuel starships.
Well, in reality, deuterium is a radioisotope of hydrogen, and is formed by neutron capture. Water composed of D2O is called "heavy water". There will be minute traces of heavy water in any natural body of water, but there will NOT be a natural wellspring of heavy water.

Yet again, B&B urinate on the audience's brains.
Aaaargh! It burns!

Oh wait . . . I don't watch Enterforaprize.

I just have a headache, nevermind.
Baron Mordo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Mordo »

Darth Wong wrote:Yet again, B&B urinate on the audience's brains.
Thanks, Berman and Braga. (glub, glub)
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
TheDarkling wrote:Blame the network for Dear Doctor, in the original ending the Doctor and Captain disagree badly and Archer orders the Doctor to help them (I believe the Doctor refuses) however the network didn't want conflict among the crew :roll: and thus ordered the episode to be changed.
I hope to a dear god that is sweet and merciful that you are lying! They didn't want conflict amongst the crew? WTF!? That's called CHARCTER DEVELOPMENT B&B!!!!!! ARGHH!

Oh well, ENT can't get any worse in my eyes anyways.... :evil:
B&B are not UPN, nor are they Paramount.