First Federation?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

First Federation?

Post by Dark Primus »

Correct me if I am wrong, but was there a faction in TOS called First Federation? Is there any information on that?
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I think they appeared on one map on a wall (in a class room on DS9 I believe) but beyond that no I don't think so.

It was also on the map behind the queen of the parasite creatures here http://www.startreksite.com/maps/

Then go to Map number 1.
Last edited by TheDarkling on 2003-01-17 10:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

First time I heard of the First Federation was on SB.com when we had a ST story debate where everyone could pick a faction and someone picked First Federation and I went "HUH?" :?:

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

On you mean information in total not just information on what they have been up to recently.

Well they were a race that had scout ships that could take on the Ent-Nil and the scout ships linked up to ships 100-1000's their size.
They faced off against Kirk but he pulled the Corbomite manoeuvre on them and then they transferred some partially crazy crew member as an ambassador to them.

That’s about it.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Ahh, ok. Thanks. :)

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

The First Federation was also a SF culture reference. Writer Jerry Sohl was tipping his hat to First Federation, just about the first science fiction fandom society ever formed and the organisers of the first Worldcon in 1936. 8)
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

TheDarkling wrote:On you mean information in total not just information on what they have been up to recently.

Well they were a race that had scout ships that could take on the Ent-Nil and the scout ships linked up to ships 100-1000's their size.
They faced off against Kirk but he pulled the Corbomite manoeuvre on them and then they transferred some partially crazy crew member as an ambassador to them.

That’s about it.
Is there any info about what happen to the First Federation?
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Nothing except they are still on the map above during TNG.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Hey, Darkling, your link doesn't work.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Fixed.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

This might ring a bell

http://www.scifi.com/startrek/episodes/3.html

Title: The Corbomite Maneuver
Production: 3
Original Airdate: November 10, 1966
Stardate: 1512.2
Synopsis: Having destroyed the armed boundary marker of the First Federation in self-defense, Kirk and crew endure a battle of wits and waiting when that culture's commander, Balok, takes the Enterprise in tow with his immense ship, the Fesarius. Dwarfed by the vessel and its builders, who appear hideous by human standards, the Enterprise crew -- and junior navigator David Bailey -- are especially hard- hit by the stress of the cat-and-mouse game. Even so, Kirk refuses to give up his Starfleet ethics and uses a non-violent ruse to force an even more surprising first-contact encounter.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.