If Federation was like USA

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

If Federation was like USA

Post by Dark Primus »

If Federation was like the US from its very birth how powerful do you think it would have been in time for Nemesis?
I think the Federation would be called the sleeping giant in the Alpha quadrant. Their ship industry would probably be many times the size the Federation has currently today, and more powerful weapons then just phaser beams, photon torpedos etc.
They would have the balls to kick the Cardassians from Bajor since the Cardassians were acting like WWII German nazis, and not giving in to their demands by giving away colonies to them in order to make peace.

Any Borg invasion would have been crushed with relative ease with sheer firepower. The Dominion would have been seen as a medium threat instead of a big threat they represented. Dominion would see, go to war with the Federation would mean utterly destruction for them in both Alpha and Gamma Quadrants. Federation would not stop at just Alpha Quadrant but make invasions into Dominion space and liberate the worlds occupide by Dominion forces, the people would welcome them as their liberators and probably seek protection by Federation and therby Federation space will increase.

And the troops would be heavily armed, dressed in body armor and carrying heavy energy weapons or something.
What do you think would happen?
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Yeah that would happen if the US were white hats and out for the good of mankind since however they aren't it won't.

The cardassians would still have gotten beaten down but they wouldn't get any colonies (they may however get some sort of sweet deal as the Federation populace tired of war).

They wouldn't lift a finger to help Bajor unless they had something of worth in return and the same goes for those enslaved by the Dominion.

The Federation however would be more well armed and would also be larger as the Federation employed cunning tactics to try and force some worlds under its protective umbrella (with the various carrot and stick methods) and eventually have them join the Federation.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

TheDarkling wrote:
They wouldn't lift a finger to help Bajor unless they had something of worth in return and the same goes for those enslaved by the Dominion.
I was refering to after Dominion had taking over Cardassia and started the war. After that Federation would probably launch an attack into Gamma Quadrant to destroy their shipyards and their possibility to make war.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

If the Feddies were anything like the U.S. today they wouldn't have their head up their ass concerning the fleet and ground forces.

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

the borg would eat mcdonalds. yes!
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

mcdonalds already is borg.
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Galaxy
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Galaxy »

I think the federation would have alot more defiants and prototypes like the prometheus if it was like the modern U.S.
Piss off warsie assholes.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

TheDarkling wrote:Yeah that would happen if the US were white hats and out for the good of mankind since however they aren't it won't.
Oh sweet, sweet smackdown. My hat's off. :D
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

kojikun wrote:mcdonalds already is borg.
"We are the Borg. Do you take fries with that?"
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Re: If Federation was like USA

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Dark Primus wrote:If Federation was like the US from its very birth how powerful do you think it would have been in time for Nemesis?
I think the Federation would be called the sleeping giant in the Alpha quadrant. Their ship industry would probably be many times the size the Federation has currently today, and more powerful weapons then just phaser beams, photon torpedos etc.
They would have the balls to kick the Cardassians from Bajor since the Cardassians were acting like WWII German nazis, and not giving in to their demands by giving away colonies to them in order to make peace.

Any Borg invasion would have been crushed with relative ease with sheer firepower. The Dominion would have been seen as a medium threat instead of a big threat they represented. Dominion would see, go to war with the Federation would mean utterly destruction for them in both Alpha and Gamma Quadrants. Federation would not stop at just Alpha Quadrant but make invasions into Dominion space and liberate the worlds occupide by Dominion forces, the people would welcome them as their liberators and probably seek protection by Federation and therby Federation space will increase.

And the troops would be heavily armed, dressed in body armor and carrying heavy energy weapons or something.
What do you think would happen?
It has been said about the United States that it will do the right thing . . . after having exhausted all other alternatives, of course. Yes, the Federation will have much greater firepower and more hulls if it were like the US, than it does. However, remember that the US didn't get into WW2 until somebody went through the trouble of attacking actual American territory. Americans aren't saints, and an Americanized Federation wouldn't be any better.