An IGN article/review some of you may find interesting

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

An IGN article/review some of you may find interesting

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/380/380136p1.html

They really loved it ;) It's supposed to be a review of Nemesis but it's more of an article bashing the current direction of Trek than anything else for the most part.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

I agree. It was very good written and anylized.
And yet I find it strange that everyone can see the fucking problem but not the producers. Are they really that blind? :?

B&B wants to take as much money from the franchise as possibly, putting them in their pockets without thinking of the fans.
I hope they wont get any more jobs in Hollywood after ST. Everyone in Hollywood should stay away from them.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

best part of the article
Star Trek is about "boldly" going "where no one has gone before". There is nothing bold about Star Trek anymore – it has been artistically and stylistically neutered (it's a pretty sad state-of-affairs when the original television series – filmed in the 1960s – seems more stylistically refined (camera movements, shot compositions, score usage, etc.) than a considerably more high-tech and "enlightened" series made today). It has been beaten into a mushy, lifeless visage of a once daring and vital franchise.
"artistically and stylistically neutered" will now go into my favorite phrases list.[/quote]
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.