Sovereign class upgrades?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Sovereign class upgrades?

Post by Alyeska »

It seems that the Sovereign class indeed got some upgrades since we last saw it.

http://kier.3dfrontier.com/forums/showt ... adid=41958

Its possible they added 3-6 new torpedo launchers and a half dozen more phaser arrays to the model.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Re: Sovereign class upgrades?

Post by Kuja »

Alyeska wrote:Its possible they added 3-6 new torpedo launchers and a half dozen more phaser arrays to the model.
Maybe that explains why they seemed to ru nout of torps so damn fast.
JADAFETWA
Magashi
Redshirt

Post by Magashi »

Alyeska wrote:It seems that the Sovereign class indeed got some upgrades since we last saw it.

Its possible they added 3-6 new torpedo launchers and a half dozen more phaser arrays to the model.
I was too busy gawking at the ridiculousness of the Scimitar. I didn't even see them sneak that non-sense into the situation. the E-E, last I checked, measured in at 650 meters in length, and the Scimitar dwarfed it by at least a hundred meters. They might as well have called it the Star Destroyer class, add to that it has a world devestator tucked snugly into it.

Then again, I guess its only fair.... ST has to give their fans some sort of vague attempt at being able to keep up with the Warsies. 8)
https://www.amazon.com/author/jerrythompsonjr

"Warp Field Stabilized." ~ The Arbitur Tribunal

"On a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!" ~ Prince Vigo the Carpathian. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Magashi wrote:
Alyeska wrote:It seems that the Sovereign class indeed got some upgrades since we last saw it.

I was too busy gawking at the ridiculousness of the Scimitar. I didn't even see them sneak that non-sense into the situation. the E-E, last I checked, measured in at 650 meters in length, and the Scimitar dwarfed it by at least a hundred meters. They might as well have called it the Star Destroyer class, add to that it has a world devestator tucked snugly into it.

Then again, I guess its only fair.... ST has to give their fans some sort of vague attempt at being able to keep up with the Warsies. 8)
Just WTF was the entire post about? This has NOTHING to do with Star Wars.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Stop smoking crack please.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Magashi
Redshirt

Post by Magashi »

Alyeska wrote:
Magashi wrote:

I was making a comment, that you obviously missed, that Trek ships to date have not had this much armament. I found it funny, and made a comment about calling the Scimitar a "Star Destroyer Class" bird of prey, rather than a "REMAN bird of prey"

Next time you reply to one of my messages, see if you can be a bit more constructive than this. Did you find the Scimitar to be anything other than an insane exageration? Firing while shielded and cloaked, trek fighters, world (population) destroyers, and more armaments than ever before? Maybe you can add, I don't know, some sort of useful opinion on the topic.

"On a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!" ~ Prince Vigo the Carpathian. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.
Magashi
Redshirt

Post by Magashi »

:shock: okay, by that picture, the E-E is 750 meters long, and almost 270 across ..... thats a bit larger than I had thought it was, thank you for the correction.

The Scimitar is 273 meters long, and 1477 meters wide ... which falls within my estimate of dwarfing the E-E by over a 100 meters. And that puts it at 1.4 Kilometers on its side.

Interesting.

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Magashi wrote:
:shock: okay, by that picture, the E-E is 750 meters long, and almost 270 across ..... thats a bit larger than I had thought it was, thank you for the correction.

The Scimitar is 273 meters long, and 1477 meters wide ... which falls within my estimate of dwarfing the E-E by over a 100 meters. And that puts it at 1.4 Kilometers on its side.

Interesting.
Um, what?
1 ft = .30480 meters
It works out to
Sovie:
L: 2250 ft or 685.8 meters
W: 800 ft or 246.72 meters

Valdore:
L: 1980 ft or 610.632 meters
W: 2980 ft or 919.032 meters

Scimitar:
L: 2920 ft or 900.528 meters
W: 4430 ft or 1366.212 meters

And I'd like to know why you think that at 273 meters the scimitar is over 100 meters longer then a 750 meter enterprise. You know, since 273 < 750.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I'd just like to gloat at Alyeska that I told him there was a torpedo launcher above the aftmost shuttlebay.

Nyah nyah nyah!
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Howedar wrote:I'd just like to gloat at Alyeska that I told him there was a torpedo launcher above the aftmost shuttlebay.

Nyah nyah nyah!
Only for Nemesis. Wasn't always on the model.

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Magashi wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Magashi wrote: I was too busy gawking at the ridiculousness of the Scimitar. I didn't even see them sneak that non-sense into the situation. the E-E, last I checked, measured in at 650 meters in length, and the Scimitar dwarfed it by at least a hundred meters. They might as well have called it the Star Destroyer class, add to that it has a world devestator tucked snugly into it.

I was making a comment, that you obviously missed, that Trek ships to date have not had this much armament. I found it funny, and made a comment about calling the Scimitar a "Star Destroyer Class" bird of prey, rather than a "REMAN bird of prey"

Next time you reply to one of my messages, see if you can be a bit more constructive than this. Did you find the Scimitar to be anything other than an insane exageration? Firing while shielded and cloaked, trek fighters, world (population) destroyers, and more armaments than ever before? Maybe you can add, I don't know, some sort of useful opinion on the topic.
Lets see... Your claiming that the Scimitar was insanely armed. Your not taking into account its size. Your ignoring the fact that its photon torpedo launchers were inferior to the Enterprise. Your forgetting that its disrupters were equal to the Enterprise phasers. All things considered, the Scimitar is UNDER ARMED for its size. You also ignore the likes of the Akira with 15 torpedo launchers. The Nebula with 2 large and 8 small torpedo launchers. The Defiant which is armed to the teeth for a small ship. The Prometheus which has more then 20 phaser arrays. The Galaxy-X with mind boggling numbers of enhancements and weapon systems...

Maybe you can shut the fuck up and leave out the Star Wars mention because it doesn't belong.