A Board of Inquiry for the ST Producers

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

A Board of Inquiry for the ST Producers

Post by Uraniun235 »

I would love to see, on one side:

Berman, Braga, and the major players on the production team, all arrayed behind a big table. These are the people that have been the main creative engine behind ST for the past few years.

On the other sits a panel of Trekkers who grill the producers about the most glaring errors about their shows. Nitpicks be damned, these are the ones that make you want to jump up and punch a hole in the TV/movie screen, like the "autodestruct not working" or the "crack in the event horizon", crap like that.

Wouldn't be really damn funny to see B&B squirm, trying to bullshit their way past the questions, and then at the end, someone asks

"Sir, just what the hell have you done for Star Trek that hasn't been a detriment to the quality of the franchise?"

Too bad that'll never happen... but still... I'd pay good money to see that tape. I'd pay more to be there in person.
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

They wouldn't squirm, they would act all dumb and airheaded about their decisions.

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

EmperorMing wrote:They wouldn't squirm, they would act all dumb and airheaded about their decisions.
I don't know, Braga has always come across as pretty arrogant to me. I think he'd argue that everything he did was the right way to go.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Tsyroc wrote:
EmperorMing wrote:They wouldn't squirm, they would act all dumb and airheaded about their decisions.
I don't know, Braga has always come across as pretty arrogant to me. I think he'd argue that everything he did was the right way to go.
They're solutions to everything suck. They just look at the episodes and decide that it's up to the viewers to fix things. I think it was Rick Berman, answering a fan's complain about the ENT theme song, who said, "Turn the volume down." I guess that would be okay if that fan was either the only one complaining, or if that was a single issue, but it seems to be their attitude towards everything. "Your continuity sucks." "Oh well."

"The show is terrible." "Don't watch it."

"Wouldn't it have been better if..." "Write your own TV show."
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I prefer the Idea presented on my website.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/iimperi ... mesis.html

Hand the bastards over to the Tal'shiar, and give the Tal'shiar a copy of nemesis. Watch the torment. For years.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I'd like to see them exiled to Kiska, a fitting punishment.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Master of Ossus wrote:They're solutions to everything suck. They just look at the episodes and decide that it's up to the viewers to fix things. I think it was Rick Berman, answering a fan's complain about the ENT theme song, who said, "Turn the volume down." I guess that would be okay if that fan was either the only one complaining, or if that was a single issue, but it seems to be their attitude towards everything. "Your continuity sucks." "Oh well."

"The show is terrible." "Don't watch it."

"Wouldn't it have been better if..." "Write your own TV show."
They actually SAID those last three quotes? Jesus. I'm surprised somebody hasn't gone for one of their throats yet. I know I would have if they had dared say that to me.

And even if they haven't... I'm still surprised, eh? I know if I ever saw Berman walking down the street, I'd bug the crap out of him about his "work".

FYI, it was Braga who said "Turn the volume down".

And, I have to wonder just what John Logan has been smoking. "Fans should understand that Rick is the best friend they could ever have in the world of Star Trek." ?!?!??!
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Tsyroc wrote:
Arrogant, eh? No wonder the only Trek I like is SFB. That attitude is a real good way to loose your fanbase...

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Uraniun235 wrote:They actually SAID those last three quotes? Jesus. I'm surprised somebody hasn't gone for one of their throats yet. I know I would have if they had dared say that to me.

And even if they haven't... I'm still surprised, eh? I know if I ever saw Berman walking down the street, I'd bug the crap out of him about his "work".

FYI, it was Braga who said "Turn the volume down".

And, I have to wonder just what John Logan has been smoking. "Fans should understand that Rick is the best friend they could ever have in the world of Star Trek." ?!?!??!
I know that they told one fan not to watch their show if he didn't like it, and one of them did suggest to someone that he write his own show. I'm not, actually, sure that they said "Oh well," to criticisms on their continuity, but it seems like something they would say because that has been their general attitude when faced with continuity issues. Thanks for the Braga bit, though. To be honest, I have trouble telling them apart because they are so similar in so many ways.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Oh, here it is.
In addition, [Ronald D.] Moore is bothered by the show’s lack of continuity. "The continuity of the show is completely haphazard. It’s haphazard by design. It’s not like they are trying desperately to maintain continuity of the show. They don’t care, and they’ll tell you flat out that they don’t care.