Republic of Texas Tank

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

sotoolslinger
Youngling

Republic of Texas Tank

Post by sotoolslinger »

My first tank What If
Let me know what you think.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Republic of Texas Tank

Post by Mr Bean »

That a Lee with a Pershing turret topped with an twin barrel Oerlikon 20mm gun.

What barrel did you stick on the old Lee's 75mm gun? Or is it just a fancy muzzle break.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

SO many turrets, so little time...

Very cool model... Very uncertain as to whether there is any chance of something like that working :P
But yeah, it certainly looks awesome :P (By not working, I mean mainly because of the weight of the pershing turret on that hull...
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

You know the thing I always wonder about these multi-turret tanks is "how the fuck do they carry enough ammunition for all those guns."

Obviously it isn't a problem with Sci-fi tanks that use lasers or other energy weapons, but shell firing guns require ammo, and the tank above looks to require three separate types of ammunition. The top AA gun in particular would be under-supplied.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
sotoolslinger
Youngling

Post by sotoolslinger »

Actually the middle turret is a heavily modified M-41 Walker Bulldog. As to the ammo the center turret is only a 2 1/2 inch gun so the ammo is relatively small. I also made the main hull considerably larger in the rear specifically so it would have more room inside.
The muzzle brake on the sponson gun is a spare dremel tool chuck.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Well, perhaps we could imagine that the propellant for the ammo is produced on site/on demand using coal dust gasoline vapor compressed air magic. reduction in the amount of space the ammo takes up alleviates the supply problem somewhat.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

barnest2 wrote:SO many turrets, so little time...

Very cool model... Very uncertain as to whether there is any chance of something like that working :P
But yeah, it certainly looks awesome :P (By not working, I mean mainly because of the weight of the pershing turret on that hull...
Darksider wrote:You know the thing I always wonder about these multi-turret tanks is "how the fuck do they carry enough ammunition for all those guns."

Obviously it isn't a problem with Sci-fi tanks that use lasers or other energy weapons, but shell firing guns require ammo, and the tank above looks to require three separate types of ammunition. The top AA gun in particular would be under-supplied.
Let's just put it down to Texans being Texans and move swiftly on, hmmm?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog