The Stewie has already backed down thread

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

User avatar
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 9092
Joined: 2002-07-06 01:24am
Location: Land of the Crabcake
Contact:

The Stewie has already backed down thread

Postby CmdrWilkens » 2004-02-21 11:46am

I already told you to man up and you've backed down. I've, unfortunately, run out of time in which to co-ordinate my challenge. However having made it three times since Tuesday evening, well, the fault rests with you. Enjoy this top level reminder that you're a pussy who isn't willing to put his skills to the test when someone else man's up.
Image
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia

Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE



"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven

User avatar
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master
Posts: 1201
Joined: 2002-09-29 05:31pm
Location: Finland

Postby Rightous Fist Of Heaven » 2004-02-21 11:49am

Im sure that Stewie has a perfect reason for not answering, like being on a "hot date" or solving a "problem" for somebody :roll:
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.

User avatar
Solauren
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 7362
Joined: 2003-05-11 09:41pm

Postby Solauren » 2004-02-21 01:19pm

Or being grounded....

User avatar
Lancer
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3957
Joined: 2003-12-17 06:06pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: The Stewie has already backed down thread

Postby Lancer » 2004-02-21 03:22pm

CmdrWilkens wrote:I already told you to man up and you've backed down. I've, unfortunately, run out of time in which to co-ordinate my challenge. However having made it three times since Tuesday evening, well, the fault rests with you. Enjoy this top level reminder that you're a pussy who isn't willing to put his skills to the test when someone else man's up.


Shouldn't this post be in announcements?

User avatar
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997
Posts: 17313
Joined: 2003-11-12 01:10pm
Location: Classified
Contact:

Re: The Stewie has already backed down thread

Postby Rogue 9 » 2004-02-21 05:22pm

Matt Huang wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:I already told you to man up and you've backed down. I've, unfortunately, run out of time in which to co-ordinate my challenge. However having made it three times since Tuesday evening, well, the fault rests with you. Enjoy this top level reminder that you're a pussy who isn't willing to put his skills to the test when someone else man's up.


Shouldn't this post be in announcements?

No, because he's not a mod and therefore can't post in Announcements.

User avatar
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard
Posts: 13503
Joined: 2002-09-16 11:13pm
Location: A video store in Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Postby Gandalf » 2004-02-21 10:22pm

Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:Im sure that Stewie has a perfect reason for not answering, like being on a "hot date" or solving a "problem" for somebody :roll:


Or busy serving lemonade. :D
"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin

"People tell me, 'Bill, let it go. The Kennedy assassination was years ago. It was just the assassination of a President and the hijacking of our government by a totalitarian regime — who cares? Just let it go.' I say, 'All right then. That whole Jesus thing? Let it go! It was 2,000 years ago! Who cares?'"
- Bill Hicks

User avatar
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 70027
Joined: 2002-07-03 12:25am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Postby Darth Wong » 2004-02-21 10:48pm

I like the way he claims to be the best in the world at pretty much everything, obviously figuring that this will actually be plausible because it's not technically impossible.
Image
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html

User avatar
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance
Posts: 27779
Joined: 2002-09-24 01:48pm
Location: DC...looking up from the gutters to the stars

Re: The Stewie has already backed down thread

Postby Ghost Rider » 2004-02-22 12:21am

Rogue 9 wrote:
Matt Huang wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:I already told you to man up and you've backed down. I've, unfortunately, run out of time in which to co-ordinate my challenge. However having made it three times since Tuesday evening, well, the fault rests with you. Enjoy this top level reminder that you're a pussy who isn't willing to put his skills to the test when someone else man's up.


Shouldn't this post be in announcements?

No, because he's not a mod and therefore can't post in Announcements.


Ummmm...he could persay.

But it would get shoved instantly back.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete

User avatar
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997
Posts: 17313
Joined: 2003-11-12 01:10pm
Location: Classified
Contact:

Postby Rogue 9 » 2004-02-22 12:38am

No, I just tried it and it said that only moderators may post in the forum.

User avatar
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance
Posts: 27779
Joined: 2002-09-24 01:48pm
Location: DC...looking up from the gutters to the stars

Postby Ghost Rider » 2004-02-22 12:43am

Rogue 9 wrote:No, I just tried it and it said that only moderators may post in the forum.


Hmmm something I never cared for either way...just that I thought odd anyone would ask for a SW vs ST topic persay done in Annoucements.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete

User avatar
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 70027
Joined: 2002-07-03 12:25am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Postby Darth Wong » 2004-02-22 02:11am

Ghost Rider wrote:Hmmm something I never cared for either way...just that I thought odd anyone would ask for a SW vs ST topic persay done in Annoucements.

Stewart is nowhere near important enough to warrant his own thread in the Announcements forum. He's probably a precocious 15 year old, copying chunks of a relative's life story and embellishing the shit out of them for effect. Real 54 year olds generally do not engage in the kind of infantile "I'm a world-class sharpshooter and I kicked my kendo instructor's ass and I'm really strong and ... oh yeah, I have superhuman reflexes too" posturing that he does. That's a really immature teenager "badass wannabe" thing.
Image
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html

User avatar
harbringer
Padawan Learner
Posts: 479
Joined: 2003-12-01 09:02am
Location: Outreach - Lyran Alliance
Contact:

Postby harbringer » 2004-02-22 06:10am

Precocious doesn't quite cover it. Personally I would like to see him get a 10ms transport on a 110 format camera - I had one as a kid nothing like 10ms lmao. The big problem he doesn't understand with his "exposure" theory is that it would affect every object in the frame unless the frame was deliberately composited - which of course would mean that George Lucas REALLY ment for the object to appear to flare into incandesance (which would neatly support Mike's position).
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)

User avatar
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance
Posts: 27779
Joined: 2002-09-24 01:48pm
Location: DC...looking up from the gutters to the stars

Postby Ghost Rider » 2004-02-22 09:38am

Darth Wong wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Hmmm something I never cared for either way...just that I thought odd anyone would ask for a SW vs ST topic persay done in Annoucements.

Stewart is nowhere near important enough to warrant his own thread in the Announcements forum. He's probably a precocious 15 year old, copying chunks of a relative's life story and embellishing the shit out of them for effect. Real 54 year olds generally do not engage in the kind of infantile "I'm a world-class sharpshooter and I kicked my kendo instructor's ass and I'm really strong and ... oh yeah, I have superhuman reflexes too" posturing that he does. That's a really immature teenager "badass wannabe" thing.


Oh hell I know. Literally it's a comment of a comment of a comment. I actually thought persay anyone could concievably do something in annoucements but figured any mod would instantly delete it.

My thought to this...is 15 year may even be too much(though enough to see enough mommy's and daddy's financial something to use big words no one knows or cares for). But it fits since he's claimed he works for some super secret thing tank organization, earn hundreds of thousands(but doesn't have the brains to grasp simple financial jargon), makes Jelly Bryce look pathetic, makes Bruce Lee look like a rank amatuer, is by his own accounts the next Telsa/Einstien combination and somehow is completely unknown all the same.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete

User avatar
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3508
Joined: 2002-08-18 03:07pm
Location: The Adirondacks

Postby Andrew J. » 2004-02-22 10:49am

Ghost Rider wrote:Ummmm...he could persay.

But it would get shoved instantly back.


Ghost Rider wrote:Hmmm something I never cared for either way...just that I thought odd anyone would ask for a SW vs ST topic persay done in Annoucements.


Ghost Rider wrote:Oh hell I know. Literally it's a comment of a comment of a comment. I actually thought persay anyone could concievably do something in annoucements but figured any mod would instantly delete it.


[Inigo Montoya]I do not think that word means what you think it means.[/Inigo Montoya] :P
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.

User avatar
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance
Posts: 27779
Joined: 2002-09-24 01:48pm
Location: DC...looking up from the gutters to the stars

Postby Ghost Rider » 2004-02-22 10:59am

Andrew J. wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Ummmm...he could persay.

But it would get shoved instantly back.


Ghost Rider wrote:Hmmm something I never cared for either way...just that I thought odd anyone would ask for a SW vs ST topic persay done in Annoucements.


Ghost Rider wrote:Oh hell I know. Literally it's a comment of a comment of a comment. I actually thought persay anyone could concievably do something in annoucements but figured any mod would instantly delete it.


[Inigo Montoya]I do not think that word means what you think it means.[/Inigo Montoya] :P


true...Persay isn't a word, but is a slang to indicate that "one could express " :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete

User avatar
Tribun
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2154
Joined: 2003-05-25 10:02am
Location: Lübeck, Germany
Contact:

Postby Tribun » 2004-02-22 11:01am

My thought to this...is 15 year may even be too much(though enough to see enough mommy's and daddy's financial something to use big words no one knows or cares for). But it fits since he's claimed he works for some super secret thing tank organization, earn hundreds of thousands(but doesn't have the brains to grasp simple financial jargon), makes Jelly Bryce look pathetic, makes Bruce Lee look like a rank amatuer, is by his own accounts the next Telsa/Einstien combination and somehow is completely unknown all the same.

Hundret of thousand what? Liras?
That's a lot of money..... :lol:
Vader: "Ja Admiral?!"
Piett: "Unsere Schiffe haben den Rasenden Falken gesichtet mein Lord! Aber er ist in ein Asteroidenfeld geflogen, und wir können es nicht riskieren..."
Vader: "Asteroiden interessieren mich nicht, Admiral! Ich will dieses Schiff haben! Und keine weiteren Ausflüchte..."
Piett: "Ja Lord Vader!"


Image

User avatar
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover
Posts: 7988
Joined: 2002-07-07 03:04am
Location: Wasting time instead of money
Contact:

Postby Ace Pace » 2004-02-22 11:10am

Tribun wrote:Hundret of thousand what? Liras?
That's a lot of money..... :lol:


Or worse.... Iraqi $?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |

User avatar
Straha
Lord of the Spam
Posts: 7750
Joined: 2002-07-21 11:59pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby Straha » 2004-02-22 02:06pm

Tribun wrote:Hundret of thousand what? Liras?
That's a lot of money..... :lol:



Wait!

It's 1,330,500.00 Lira to every dollar right? Thus fifty cents gets you 665,250 Lira. Hence every time his institute sells a cup of lemonade technically he is making hundreds of thousands of dollars. :)
"My annoyance is exacerbated by the fact that the suffering I am witnessing now cannot exist on its own, it has to fall into the hierarchy of a “lesser animal suffering.” In the made-for-TV reality of American culture, the only acceptable genocide is historical. It’s comforting—it’s over. Twenty million murdered humans deserve to be more than a reference point. I am annoyed that I don’t have more power in communicating what I’ve seen apart from stuttering: “It’s like the Holocaust” " - Susan Coe

User avatar
Straha
Lord of the Spam
Posts: 7750
Joined: 2002-07-21 11:59pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Postby Straha » 2004-02-22 02:07pm

Ugh Damn lack of edit. wasn't supposed to put in the "of dollars"
"My annoyance is exacerbated by the fact that the suffering I am witnessing now cannot exist on its own, it has to fall into the hierarchy of a “lesser animal suffering.” In the made-for-TV reality of American culture, the only acceptable genocide is historical. It’s comforting—it’s over. Twenty million murdered humans deserve to be more than a reference point. I am annoyed that I don’t have more power in communicating what I’ve seen apart from stuttering: “It’s like the Holocaust” " - Susan Coe

User avatar
General Zod
Never Shuts Up
Posts: 28660
Joined: 2003-11-18 03:08pm
Location: The Clearance Rack
Contact:

Postby General Zod » 2004-02-22 03:14pm

just out of curiosity what exactly sparked the stewie debate? i don't watch the ST vs. SW forum much myself, so i kinda missed most of it.

although i was laughing my ass off in the debate when he brought up the remark as to why you couldn't see the vapours of the asteroid when it was disintegrated. apparently i know more about basic science than someone with a supposed degree. though it is supposed to be a General Science degree, which is relatively worthless for anything unless you plan on specializing in one field or another.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."

Image

ImageImage

User avatar
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997
Posts: 17313
Joined: 2003-11-12 01:10pm
Location: Classified
Contact:

Postby Rogue 9 » 2004-02-22 03:30pm

Ghost Rider wrote:
Andrew J. wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Ummmm...he could persay.

But it would get shoved instantly back.


Ghost Rider wrote:Hmmm something I never cared for either way...just that I thought odd anyone would ask for a SW vs ST topic persay done in Annoucements.


Ghost Rider wrote:Oh hell I know. Literally it's a comment of a comment of a comment. I actually thought persay anyone could concievably do something in annoucements but figured any mod would instantly delete it.


[Inigo Montoya]I do not think that word means what you think it means.[/Inigo Montoya] :P


true...Persay isn't a word, but is a slang to indicate that "one could express " :P

Actually, I'd been thinking of calling you on that. per say (two words) means "in itself."

User avatar
The Aliens
Keeper of the Lore
Posts: 1482
Joined: 2003-12-29 07:28pm
Location: hovering high up above, making home movies for the folks back home.
Contact:

Postby The Aliens » 2004-02-22 04:25pm

[nitpick] Isn't it generally per se? [/nitpick]
| Lorekeeper | EBC |
| SEGNOR | Knights |

..French....................Music..................
|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|::::::::|
.................Comics...................Fiction..

User avatar
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997
Posts: 17313
Joined: 2003-11-12 01:10pm
Location: Classified
Contact:

Postby Rogue 9 » 2004-02-22 04:36pm

The Aliens wrote:[nitpick] Isn't it generally per se? [/nitpick]

Damn. You're right, I got caught up in the one error and didn't fix the other one. :banghead:

User avatar
Gunshy
Padawan Learner
Posts: 176
Joined: 2003-12-06 12:41pm
Location: <sigh> Bakersfield, California

Postby Gunshy » 2004-02-22 05:37pm

Darth_Zod wrote:just out of curiosity what exactly sparked the stewie debate? i don't watch the ST vs. SW forum much myself, so i kinda missed most of it.


He started two threads, spouting off random shit. One was obnixiously titled "The Technology Question Answered" and another was on "Turbolaser Power" I believe he quickly got his ass handed to him on the former... as he did on the later, but he is being very stubborn or ignorant on the later. Eventually, since so many people were challenging his points, Darth Wong called him out, and here we are.

What I don't understand though, is why he spends so much time talking about his shootin' skillz during a debate over sci-fi...Or for that matter, his martial arts skills, his dating skills, his income, his war metals, his huge cock (He hasn't really mentioned that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did).
"In the new trilogy, Anakin Skywalker portrays a damning indictment of technology's modern dehumanization of mankind through Hayden Christensen's lifeless, almost inhuman performance. There is a river of tragedy in every robotic line he utters, a horrific monotonal indication of his cyborgal fate."-Dr. Albert Oxford, PhD

User avatar
J
Snuggly Swimmer Babe
Posts: 5615
Joined: 2002-12-14 02:23pm
Location: YHM

Postby J » 2004-02-22 05:54pm

Gunshy wrote:What I don't understand though, is why he spends so much time talking about his shootin' skillz during a debate over sci-fi...Or for that matter, his martial arts skills, his dating skills, his income, his war metals, his huge cock (He hasn't really mentioned that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did).


It's because he touches himself at night, and incidentally that's probably the only skill he has any proficiency at.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects


I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins


When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker


Return to “Star Wars vs Star Trek”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest