Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill, British statesman (1874-1965)


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: ANDREW JOSHUA TALON PostPosted: 2003-08-29 01:38am
Offline
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-03 12:25am
Posts: 70015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Since you still appear to be here despite your whiny claim that you were leaving, here is a challenge for you.

Make a SWvST argument and defend it.

Not a series of claims about how we're "biased", and not a bunch of whiny defenses of the deranged helpdesk operator with delusions of grandeur known as Darkstar, and not a lot of whiny bullshit about how you think we were mean to him, but a SWvST argument.

You claim to be familiar enough with this subject to have judged my arguments against Darkstar's arguments. Therefore, this should be easy for you to do, no?

Of course, if you would rather admit that your balls have retracted so far into your cowardly pelvis that they're bulging out of the ears with which Darkstar grabs your head for satisfaction, you are welcome to do so.



Image
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 01:58am
Offline
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: 2002-11-04 08:48pm
Posts: 2658
Location: Philadelphia PA
Behold it in all its majesty! The guantlet has been thrown down!



Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 06:57am
Offline
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-04 12:28am
Posts: 5946
Location: New Zealand
So, Mike, can we assume you are not best impressed with this person? :)



Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 08:34am
Offline
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-03 11:49pm
Posts: 35155
Location: Passchendaele City, HAB
Stuart Mackey wrote:
So, Mike, can we assume you are not best impressed with this person? :)


Tune in next time for another exciting episode of Stuart Mackey
, Master of the Obvious!



"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 12:53pm
Offline
Spirit of Vengeance
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-24 01:48pm
Posts: 27779
Location: DC...looking up from the gutters to the stars
Given his last remarks and that he's avoided this particular forum because according to his own words

Quote:
Therefore, fuck this pitiful excuse for a board


As well as

Quote:
It fills me with anger to see such trash at the top of an otherwise wonderful BBS


I don't believe he'll step up. I maybe be wrong, but somehow I doubt it in this case.



MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 10:34pm
Offline
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-04 12:28am
Posts: 5946
Location: New Zealand
Sea Skimmer wrote:
Stuart Mackey wrote:
So, Mike, can we assume you are not best impressed with this person? :)


Tune in next time for another exciting episode of Stuart Mackey
, Master of the Obvious!


*sniff* Thank you, my wonderfull audience..Its a hard job, but someone has to do it..I Know I make it look easy, but its taken many years to get where I am today...
*runs offstage, persued by a shower of rotten eggs..*



Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 11:00pm
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-30 11:12pm
Posts: 11165
Location: Illinois
Not gonna happen



Nuclear Navy Warwolf
*
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
*
ipsa scientia potestas est

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-29 11:36pm
Offline
The Legend Rado Tharadus
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-20 10:03pm
Posts: 5079
Location: My personal sanctuary from the outside world
I'm going to bet four dozen eggs and a cow that AJT isn't going to meet the challenge.

Assuming he even decides to post in here, more than likely he will, at best, break down, get really huffy and agitated, make some long-winded "you guys just aren't fair" speech, about how critically analyzing the tech levels of SW and ST 'kills the spirit of both series', act like 'Battle Hymn of The Republic' plays in the background as he speaks, and other such pompous trite which totally misses the point that the only reason versus debates *ever* got blown past the casual observation scale is because of deceptive lunatics like Darkstar, and subjective shitwits like himself. Oh, and miss the fact that Star Wars' tech is several orders of magnitudes more advanced than Star Trek's, but that's fairly obvious to most.

I will spoil it for you now, but like the rest of his posts (there aren't many, but you can read them and see how little his tactics have changed), it will not win any awards.


Either that, or he'll just repeat the usual about Wong being deceptive and complaining that we don't smile when we clean up his shit. :?



By His Word...

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 12:42am
Offline
Sith Marauder

Joined: 2003-08-28 08:16pm
Posts: 3980
Poor Mike... spending all this time defeating stupid Extremist-Trekkies. One must only hope he doesn't believe in Intellectual Osmosis.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 01:07am
Offline
The Legend Rado Tharadus
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-20 10:03pm
Posts: 5079
Location: My personal sanctuary from the outside world
MRDOD wrote:
Poor Mike... spending all this time defeating stupid Extremist-Trekkies. One must only hope he doesn't believe in Intellectual Osmosis.


Mike's presence on this board hardly qualifies as 'all of his time'. And actually, most of the retorts were done by other people.

I think Mike's just pissed of that Andrew has the audacity to make his claims without any sort of evidence or argument whatsoever (other than us 'acting mean').

Asking him to 'put up or shut up' is a good way to handle it, I'd say.



By His Word...

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 01:11am
Offline
Sith Marauder

Joined: 2003-08-28 08:16pm
Posts: 3980
He does all of this and still has free time? The wonders never cease.

I hope Andrew is stupid enough to try to win.. it'd be interesting to watch someone who has no argument, not even a stupid one like Darkstar's, try to fight off Mike. In the "Looking at a car crash" sort of interesting way.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 09:27am
Offline
Pretty Hate Machine
User avatar

Joined: 2002-11-19 05:40pm
Posts: 9608
Location: Cork, Ireland
Wow 10 replies, make that 11 now, 418 views and yet the cowarly wee fucker has nothing to say for himself. He attackes the integrity of the baord yet shows none of his own. Can we VI this dick already?



RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 12:35pm
Offline
Sith'ari
User avatar

Joined: 2003-05-20 12:49pm
Posts: 6528
Location: Calgary, Canada
MRDOD wrote:
In the "Looking at a car crash" sort of interesting way.


More like an M1A2 driving over a skateboard.



Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 12:58pm
Offline
Sith Marauder

Joined: 2003-08-28 08:16pm
Posts: 3980
You give him a skateboard's chance? Mike's shredded too many people to be just a M1A2. It's more like a quardipelgic gerbil versus the Executor. If we're nice, the gerbil might have a paper helmet, too.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 03:17pm
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-10 05:35pm
Posts: 6730
Location: Where The Sea Meets The Sky
We need a "chicken" title...



Image

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 04:12pm
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-03 05:00pm
Posts: 7102
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Can we come up for another title for people like this instead of VI? Maybe something like UI for Unwanted Idiot?



Milites Astrum Exterminans

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:08pm
Offline
Sith'ari
User avatar

Joined: 2003-05-20 12:49pm
Posts: 6528
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kamakazie Sith wrote:
Can we come up for another title for people like this instead of VI? Maybe something like UI for Unwanted Idiot?


Well, trolls are sometimes called: Worthless trolling palm fucker



Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:17pm
Offline
Rabid Monkey
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-04 06:29am
Posts: 1340
Location: San Francisco
Personally, I'd like to see "Cowardly Little Gutless Shit" or some variation thereof for his custom title



Image

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:18pm
Offline
Rabid Monkey
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-11 10:04am
Posts: 1937
Location: Fuck knows. I've been killed again, ain't I?
Don't waste your time, the guys a tit and thats that. Either he retorts or he skulks away like a badger in the wind.



Image

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:24pm
Offline
Youngling
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-18 06:13pm
Posts: 114
Location: Earth, a planet of dreams...
Very well, Lord Wong. I accept your challenge.



"Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics..." Admiral Rickover


Wolverine: Woah! It's me...
Cyclops: Oh yeah? Prove it!
Wolverine: ... You're a dick.
Cyclops: ... Okay then...

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:26pm
Offline
Rabid Monkey
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-11 10:04am
Posts: 1937
Location: Fuck knows. I've been killed again, ain't I?
Ah, so you're not a badger in the rain?



Image

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:29pm
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2002-07-30 11:12pm
Posts: 11165
Location: Illinois
Andrew Joshua Talon wrote:
Very well, Lord Wong. I accept your challenge.
A debate between the ambigiously gay uno and Wong. This should be good.



Nuclear Navy Warwolf
*
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
*
ipsa scientia potestas est

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:31pm
Offline
Rabid Monkey
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-11 10:04am
Posts: 1937
Location: Fuck knows. I've been killed again, ain't I?
Indeed. By the way Ender, would I be right in saying that thats a fine Sam Vines avatar!



Image

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:31pm
Offline
Spirit of Vengeance
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-24 01:48pm
Posts: 27779
Location: DC...looking up from the gutters to the stars
I guess I was wrong.

This should be...interesting.



MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject:  PostPosted: 2003-08-30 06:32pm
Offline
Youngling
User avatar

Joined: 2002-09-18 06:13pm
Posts: 114
Location: Earth, a planet of dreams...
I probably should have been more specific: I was leaving this forum, rather than the site itself. The rest of the site is fine. It's this particular forum I have a problem with.

And yes: I shouldn't have been a whiny bitch. My debates before were fueled by anger. However, since I merit enough attention for a challenge from Lord Wong, I accept.

Quote:
Ah, so you're not a badger in the rain?


On one hand, I'm amused by the irony of associating me with a badger, given that, in a Harry Potter RPG I'm part of, I'm a Hufflepuff.

On the other: No, I'm not a badger in the rain, though I must admit, the imagery of myself and Wong dueling in the rain ala Ruroui Kenshin style came to me from this comment.

Finally, I shall forgo any further use of my usual vocabulary use, and say simply:

Bring it on. If my beliefs and knowledge are true, I will prevail. If not, (shrug).



"Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics..." Admiral Rickover


Wolverine: Woah! It's me...
Cyclops: Oh yeah? Prove it!
Wolverine: ... You're a dick.
Cyclops: ... Okay then...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group