A GSV in the DBZverse

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Penultimate Ninja
Youngling

A GSV in the DBZverse

Post by The Penultimate Ninja »

The GSV The Doctor is IN decides to cure the DBZ universe of overpowered freaks. What fun and messy ways does it come with to stop this disease?

The GSV can use effectors, EDust Assassins, drones, and any other methods it is capable of. The only thing it can't do is bring peace, love, and dirty sex to the universe. Can it succeed? What happens?
Proud Citizen of The People's Republic of Kalifornia

"We have terrorists in the country and those people in Berkeley, they think of any way to go against patriotism or the president. If the president goes north, they go south. You can't trust them; when they grow up they become no-no's, just anti-anything."
The Penultimate Ninja
Youngling

Ok I sincerely apologize for this thread, since it was a knee-jerk reaction to the DBZ thread. But since I made the thread anyway, what kind of mayhem will happen in the scenario?

"We have terrorists in the country and those people in Berkeley, they think of any way to go against patriotism or the president. If the president goes north, they go south. You can't trust them; when they grow up they become no-no's, just anti-anything."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I see much butt love and random nuttiness...
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

There was one or two LONG and convulated debates on a Culture ship (GCU I think) vs Goku. This topic is similar enough.

Meaning that the Culture wins. Displacing all the air out of the DBZ fighters is one way. Another is displacing their brains out.

The only obstacle to the GSV that I can see is Buu. Don't know what could happen.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
The Penultimate Ninja
Youngling

Well maybe we could leave in the dirty sex part.

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Throwing a black hole at Buu should do for him, as would displacing him into one. A gridfire implosion on him might also do the trick.

Btw, only back temporarilly, home for the weekend, after that I'm still pretty locked out.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

An EDust Assassin could take M. Buu. It would need to get into his body through the many many places open to the air and destroy everything inside.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Assuming that unleashing an anti-galaxy blast, then wishing everything back via Dragon Ball isn't a viable option . . .

The only real chance for DBZ to win is if Buu absorbs everyone. The resulting monsterity will simpy Shukan Idol aboard the ship, and then rip it apart.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Buu can still reform even if a single molecule is left of him.

However, I doubt even a single quark will still be left after a Gridfire incursion followed by several nanoholes being thrown in his general direction.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Yogi wrote:Assuming that unleashing an anti-galaxy blast, then wishing everything back via Dragon Ball isn't a viable option . . .
You know the DBZ galaxies are absolutly tiny compared to a real-life galaxy?
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

ggs wrote:You know the DBZ galaxies are absolutly tiny compared to a real-life galaxy?
Out of curiousity, what proof do you have of this?

And the DBZ verse has a chance due to the fact that killing them doesn't mean they have to stay dead. They can just teleport back to the mortal plane (Namek in particular), gather the Dragonballs, then wish the Culture into the stone age, wish themselves back to life, and then wish for a snack to eat while they go to town on the former galactic power. From what I'm given to understand, The Culture doesn't do well against sublime powers like divine magic.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Actually they do...they Sublime themselves...become gods, reverse time and then the dragon balls meant absolutely nothing, except finally tick off the Culture.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Ghost Rider wrote:Actually they do...they Sublime themselves...become gods, reverse time and then the dragon balls meant absolutely nothing, except finally tick off the Culture.
Time Travel in the DBZ universe doesn't work quite that way... It's kinda like Time Travel in the MU, without the "Really kewl character" loopholes that guys like Legion and Doctor Doom have, in that you can't alter the past, just an *alternate* past. When you return to your own time, nothing's changed but you.
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Yes honey, he was."
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Stupid lack of edit function and 56K modem...

Alright, tack onto my last post: ...But I suppose you have a point about sublime beings probably being immune to the Dragonballs, but do the sublimed Culture people still have interests in helping the rest of their race, or do they become the "too cosmic to care" type beings that are shown in some forms of fiction? This isn't a jab, but since all I know of the Cultureverse is from third parties, it's an interesting fact I'd like to know for further debates...
"What killed him?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Actually they don't, but if you try to do anything that screw with say Time Space/reviving dead and matters that the Culture proper cannot handle...you risk their ire, and they will *correct* that mistake.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

The Drunkard Kid wrote:Stupid lack of edit function and 56K modem...

Alright, tack onto my last post: ...But I suppose you have a point about sublime beings probably being immune to the Dragonballs, but do the sublimed Culture people still have interests in helping the rest of their race, or do they become the "too cosmic to care" type beings that are shown in some forms of fiction? This isn't a jab, but since all I know of the Cultureverse is from third parties, it's an interesting fact I'd like to know for further debates...
Actually, most Sublimed are 'too cosmic to care', hence why the majority of the Culture hasn't sublimed. There are, however, small parts of the Culture that have become as gods, and even the existing Sublimed get very touchy about things that muck around with what they see as 'right'.

In other words, don't bet on time travel or wishing, and if Buu ever touches a Planet Of The Dead, he is fucked nine ways to infinity.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
FBHthelizardmage
Padawan Learner

Post by FBHthelizardmage »

Yogi wrote:Assuming that unleashing an anti-galaxy blast, then wishing everything back via Dragon Ball isn't a viable option . . .

The only real chance for DBZ to win is if Buu absorbs everyone. The resulting monsterity will simpy Shukan Idol aboard the ship, and then rip it apart.
actually that wouldn't work. the ship could just stay in hyper and attack from there.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Not all Sublimed are apathetic. The Dra-azon care for a number of Dead Worlds, worlds which have befallen some catastrophe, usually due to the actions of those worlds' inhabitants, and are maintained as monuments and warnings. There are the creators of the Airspheres, which have been known to remove civilizations which attempt to colonize them. The Chelgrian-Puen have semi-active roles in the lives of the non-Sublimed Chelgrians. Surely others which have not been mentioned. It's possible that the Sublimed Culture would disband, but it's not guaranteed.
「かかっ―」
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Ghost Rider wrote:Actually they do...they Sublime themselves...become gods, reverse time and then the dragon balls meant absolutely nothing, except finally tick off the Culture.
Buzz. Wrong. Unless of course you have evidence of the sublimed travelling in time?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

NecronLord wrote:
Buzz. Wrong. Unless of course you have evidence of the sublimed travelling in time?
Then I stand corrected...and thank you, proves an old argument I had with a Culture Vulture.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Ghost Rider wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
Then I stand corrected...and thank you, proves an old argument I had with a Culture Vulture.
Really?

Explanation : The phrase, they were as gods (paraphrased) doesn't prove that they can do such a thing. The C'tan in WH40K for example are frequently described as 'godlike' but they can't travel in time on a whim.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

NecronLord wrote: Really?

Explanation : The phrase, they were as gods (paraphrased) doesn't prove that they can do such a thing. The C'tan in WH40K for example are frequently described as 'godlike' but they can't travel in time on a whim.
Nicer explaination of it.

The problem I had was that character A was a plot device that used Time Travel as a power to do what he will

And the retort was the Culture would just 'Sublime' and go time traveling with him.

My reading of Bank's book have been only a couple and didn't sound completely insane given the readings I have done...which was my presumption.

Thank you though for the correction.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

There is one way the culture could possibly travel in time.

Establish a wormhole (not sure if they can do it, but given the existance of displacers, they probably can) between two ships, then send one (Ship A) off on relativistic accelleration, say at 1 G for ten years (ship A time) and decellerate for ten years and due to the diffrernt time flow, entering the wormole aboard ship B twenty years after ther beginning of the project you would step off 50,000 years (IIRC) later relative to ship B. Neat huh?
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

NecronLord wrote:There is one way the culture could possibly travel in time.

Establish a wormhole (not sure if they can do it, but given the existance of displacers, they probably can) between two ships, then send one (Ship A) off on relativistic accelleration, say at 1 G for ten years (ship A time) and decellerate for ten years and due to the diffrernt time flow, entering the wormole aboard ship B twenty years after ther beginning of the project you would step off 50,000 years (IIRC) later relative to ship B. Neat huh?
There are lots of fun ways, including rotating a cylinder of sufficient length.

Of course, what comes to my mind upon seeing this is Buu causing lots of damage, the Galaxy folding up.. And the words SIMULATION OVER blinking for a moment.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

displacing the brains of the Z fighters wont work they hardly use them anyway
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!