Stargate vs Star Wars

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Shrykull
Jedi Master

Stargate vs Star Wars

Post by Shrykull »

So, what about this scenario? Some Stargate species have highly superior transportation, like the Asgard who's ship went from Earth to thier homeworld (which is in another galaxy) in just a few hours. Don't know about weapons though. Only ship weapon I've seen is the one the Asgard used to erase the Goa'uld pyramids. I haven't seen all the episodes yet, watching sci-fi's 4 eps every Monday night.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Stargate vs Star Wars

Post by fgalkin »

Shrykull wrote:So, what about this scenario? Some Stargate species have highly superior transportation, like the Asgard who's ship went from Earth to thier homeworld (which is in another galaxy) in just a few hours. Don't know about weapons though. Only ship weapon I've seen is the one the Asgard used to erase the Goa'uld pyramids. I haven't seen all the episodes yet, watching sci-fi's 4 eps every Monday night.
We don't have enough info on Stargate tech to make a conclusion.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Just as long as Jack O'Niell doesn't set foot on any imperial vessel, they might have a chance. :D
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

There is a new piece of technology that the Asgard have. They have a time dilation device which can slow the passage of time in an area at least .16 lightyears(I think this was the figure) big.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

There is a new piece of technology that the Asgard have. They have a time dilation device which can slow the passage of time in an area at least .16 lightyears(I think this was the figure) big.
What use would it have?
Concession accepted - COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION
Elite Warrior Monk of SD.net
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
HAB Special-Ops and Counter-Intelligence Agent
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

jaeger115 wrote:
What use would it have?
When deployed you can effectively freeze stuff in place. Something like time inside passes a day to your enemy and you get a couple of hundred of years to increase your technology. Or you can try shooting into the field(what would happen wasn't explained). So to you, the enemy moves really slowly and you move normally. And to them, you move really really quickly. A nifty trick.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

When deployed you can effectively freeze stuff in place. Something like time inside passes a day to your enemy and you get a couple of hundred of years to increase your technology. Or you can try shooting into the field(what would happen wasn't explained). So to you, the enemy moves really slowly and you move normally. And to them, you move really really quickly. A nifty trick.
:shock:

I want one of these.

:twisted:
Concession accepted - COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION
Elite Warrior Monk of SD.net
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
HAB Special-Ops and Counter-Intelligence Agent
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

jaeger115 wrote:
:shock:

I want one of these.

:twisted:
It gets better, as you can reverse the effect. And make time inside the field run much much faster than outside(a few days outside equated to a few hundred years inside).
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.