Stewie commentary

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude »

Stewart at SDI wrote:I solve problems, not do "basic research". The rest of my friends gather when we need to. Our specialty of thinking "out side the box" is not in large demand
What a surprise. :lol:
but when "unconventional approches" are needed, we can set our price. Why would we want to talk to large numbers of people with the same ideas? The value of anything is inversly porportional to the number of people selling it. Would you rather be one of the many or the only shop in town?
You get called on your bullshit and we get the typical science-pretender buzzword rhetoric: "unconventional", "outside the box". :roll:

Go open an herbal medicine or magnetic healing stone shop or something.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Stewart, please give me a real example of some of the past work your company has done. And by that I mean things like:

Project names
Project detales
Start/completion dates
Clients
Etc...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Stewart wrote:In the first case I never attended classes more than once or twice each but passed all the finals(twice, they thought I was cheeting) after reading the various books.
Bullshit. I don't know how they did things in "Germany," but here at U of I, your ass is dropped automatically if you don't attend a course.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Stewart wrote:In the first case I never attended classes more than once or twice each but passed all the finals(twice, they thought I was cheeting) after reading the various books.
Bullshit. I don't know how they did things in "Germany," but here at U of I, your ass is dropped automatically if you don't attend a course.
Actually there is no attendance requirement in Australian universities either (excluding of course tutes and pracs). Lecturers are come-if-you-want affairs.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Stewart at SDI wrote: I solve problems, not do "basic research".
:lol: Is anyone honestly surprised by this? Honestly?

Stewart, your ignorance is showing yet again. You cannot solve problems if you don't understand the basic concepts involved.
The rest of my friends gather when we need to. Our specialty of thinking "out side the box" is not in large demand, but when "unconventional approches" are needed, we can set our price.
I thought you said you were paid a salary of thousands of dollars a week for your work. Why would anyone who isn't in high demand, and who doesn't even have a frickin' office building want to pay you to do the minimal amount of thinking you've shown yourself capable of?
Why would we want to talk to large numbers of people with the same ideas? The value of anything is inversly porportional to the number of people selling it.
Obviously you're a frickin' moron. If you work for a god damn company, the clients pay your COMPANY to solve the problem for them. YOU are then paid by the company, but the client shouldn't give a fuck about whether it took ten thousand people to come up with something or just one. If it works, great, and they pay the fee.

The other reason why you'll talk to someone else is because they're going to help you solve the problem in the first place. And, BTW, you claimed that if I sent you a request to do some work then your mysterious employer would send me a list of PEOPLE and THEIR qualifications, who would then work on my problem. It seems your lies are piling up on you, doesn't it Mr. Expert?
Would you rather be one of the many or the only shop in town?
The only shop in town, but that assumes that I could do a job as effectively as I could if I was one of several shops that all produced the same products so we could specialize in working in different sub-fields. For example, let's say I owned a bike shop. I COULD work on mountain bikes, racing bikes, city-bikes, dirt/stunt bikes, etc., OR I could have a shop that made city bikes while other stores made the rest. In this way, we could sacrifice TOTAL market share in order to specialize in a particular field, lowering both labor and machinery costs and therefore increasing productivity.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
GySgt. Hartman
Jedi Knight

Post by GySgt. Hartman »

Yay, The Wong (tm) is back - and he's sweeet as usual, refuting the same claims as the last n times in a way even my nonexistant two-year old sister would understand. Someone will have to come up with some evidence, and it`s not Mr. Wong.
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Stewart, please give me a real example of some of the past work your company has done. And by that I mean things like:

Project names
Project detales
Start/completion dates
Clients
Etc...
Ssssh. It's SECRET. You know - military stuff. Can't tell you any more, or I'd have to kill you.
"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon,
you will be a minister of death, praying for war." - GySgt. Hartman

"God has a hard on for Marines, because we kill everything we see." - GySgt. Hartman
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

Stewart at SDI wrote:Ok, if you are so confidant in your research, $3,000 it is. Wire the money to an escro account in Mchenry savings bank, that will be in existance by the end of the week, I will post the routing and account numbers as soon as I have them. Or go online and set up the account in any local bank. Have your lawyer draw the agreement for transfer of the funds and over night it to me for my inspection and approval. Or I will have mine do it if you wire me $200 in US dollars. ( It's your challenge for the high stakes and therefore your responcability to insure fairness for both sides.)
Considering that i wont win squat with even that amount of money when all expenses are covered in just getting there, it still isnt worth my time.
Truly Stewart, im confident in my research when i know that information is coming from legitimate sources, and from own experience. So far, you have NOT shown to have information from legitimate and reliable sources nor own experience on ANYTHING.
This is typical of people with no real expiriance. They read something somewere and think it applies to everyone everwere. Do more research. A friend of mine has a Raven .22 miniature pocket pistol with a 2" barrel. If anyone there is willing to give me odds in porportion to the differance in barrel lengths between my H.S. .22 with 7.5" BBL and Geo's 2" gun, I'll put up another C-note to your $350 on that wager.
This is damn hilarious. Get this to your head moron, the maximum effective range of a weapon/round is not selective on who is using the weapon/round. Its a statistical fact. And i wouldnt be talking about this subject if i didnt have my own experience at that area. I've been shooting with .45 weapons all the way from the DE .45 to Glock .45 guns at targets in ranges from 15 to 50 meters, and i can be pretty sure about the validity of those specificational facts.
I have done all the research i need, and every single piece of information i have found ANYWHERE about this matter points out that you are flat out spatting bullshit. Since essentially, you are overcoming the maximum effective range of the rounds.
I know what I can do and I know what passes for knowledge on this site. I am prepaired to back up my bost's with cold hard cash. Are any number of you so willing?

Or is this just more BS walkin?
Stewart boy, what you can do in your dreams and what you can do in reality are two different things. And you have shown your "knowledge" or more accurately your lack of it, quite clearly.
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Wow, this was such a hard reply, that I can't wait for Round IV!

By the way, what happened to Steward's "hot date"? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

He ran out of cream and the heating pad for his hand broke?
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Anyone notice that as the thread progresses, Stewie's spelling and grammar get worse and worse. For that matter, the grammatical and spelling skills of Mike's opponents in general seem to be getting worse as time goes on...I think I've counted (so far) 3 different ways Stewie has spelled the word "Magnitude", just as one example.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Perhaps it is due to immense preassure he is feeling in coming up with something to reply against Mikes excellent logic.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I also notice, that Steward's posts get shorter and shorter... :lol:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Stewart at SDI wrote:Ok, if you are so confidant in your research, $3,000 it is. Wire the money to an escro account in Mchenry savings bank, that will be in existance by the end of the week, I will post the routing and account numbers as soon as I have them. Or go online and set up the account in any local bank. Have your lawyer draw the agreement for transfer of the funds and over night it to me for my inspection and approval. Or I will have mine do it if you wire me $200 in US dollars. ( It's your challenge for the high stakes and therefore your responcability to insure fairness for both sides.)
1. Do you know what ESCROW is?

2. You'll be posting account and routing numbers you say? Aside from the hilarious escrow mistake...you ummm...probably don't. But truly you might as well invite Bubba to violate you while you grab your ankles.

3. I see you need a binding contract and it's within a process of how long are you prepared to wait?

And oh RFH gets to spend $15 American to confirm this....this gets better and better.

Stop using words you don't know, and if you honestly want to challenge these people on something set up a Paypal account, dumbshit.
Last edited by Ghost Rider on 2004-02-18 10:26am, edited 1 time in total.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Stew certainly reminds me of somebody on the web who claimed that he is a "enginreer masters" who's going to work for "british aarow space". :lol:

On the otherhand: Is it just my imagination, or has anybody else noticed inconsistencies with Stew's spelling? It seems to be little better than alphabet diarrhea one minute ( :D ), and normal the next. Think he's getting outside help?
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

C'mon Stewart, I already promised up the money plus plane ticket if you want to come down. My time window before deployment is short and I cant wait forever to see if you're actually going to come down or not. Let' go already ro do you have to shoot at your range and are somehow afraid that coming aboard Lejeune would cause your pistol to malfunction?
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

But you didn't offer to pay the plane ticket for his mommy, daddy, or babysitter, so he can't come by himself.

I mean, he obviously needs help crossing the street, so getting on a plane would be most difficult for him
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Stewart at SDI wrote:No, We are not online. If you want to hire us, send a writen synopsis of your problem and we will send you a quote and contract, specifiing; terms, paramiters, time to compleation and the qualifications of the person(s) who will work on your needs. Upon receipt of funds, we will beguin to work on your problem.

Stewart Davies,
Strategic Defense Institute,
4801 Barreville Rd.
Crystal Lake, Il. 60012
Yahoo Yellow Pages wrote:Sorry, no strategic defense found in or nearby Crystal Lake, IL 60012.
Strategic Defense Institute has neither a listing in the Yellow Pages nor is it listed with the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce. Can you produce any evidence that this place really exists, Stewart?
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I know where the place now is!
Steward had to hide it quick, so he stuffed it into is ass! :lol:
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Stewart at SDI wrote: No, We are not online. If you want to hire us, send a writen synopsis of your problem and we will send you a quote and contract, specifiing; terms, paramiters, time to compleation and the qualifications of the person(s) who will work on your needs. Upon receipt of funds, we will beguin to work on your problem.
You know Stewart, I had a Mafia hitman contact me the other day to offer his services and he described his business in the exact same way (although he put quotes around the word "problem"). Funny how that works isn't it?
Geran
Redshirt

Post by Geran »

Ted C wrote:
Stewart at SDI wrote:No, We are not online. If you want to hire us, send a writen synopsis of your problem and we will send you a quote and contract, specifiing; terms, paramiters, time to compleation and the qualifications of the person(s) who will work on your needs. Upon receipt of funds, we will beguin to work on your problem.

Stewart Davies,
Strategic Defense Institute,
4801 Barreville Rd.
Crystal Lake, Il. 60012
Yahoo Yellow Pages wrote:Sorry, no strategic defense found in or nearby Crystal Lake, IL 60012.
Strategic Defense Institute has neither a listing in the Yellow Pages nor is it listed with the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce. Can you produce any evidence that this place really exists, Stewart?
Probably because he gave us the Home Adress of "Kit S. Davies"

WhitePages

Can anybody be so stupid?
Shall we phone Kit Davies and tell him what his Son is doing? (No doubt Stewie will tell us he is Kit Steward Davies, but who will believe that?)
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Nice job Geran! I believe you just officially fucked Stewie in the ass with a large, spiked club.

I'm giving 10:1 odds on the chances of him coming back. Any takers?
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

The Kernel wrote:Nice job Geran! I believe you just officially fucked Stewie in the ass with a large, spiked club.

I don't gamble, but he strikes me as the really stubborn type. He'll probably be back. I don't know if he'll go another round with Mike, but he probably will. Its not like the other times have affected him much. :wink:
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The Kernel wrote:Nice job Geran! I believe you just officially fucked Stewie in the ass with a large, spiked club.

Someone SHOULD phone that number.

If it's some stupid kid (odds are), imagine his parents reactions to him saying 'send me money' and POSTING HIS ADDRESS on the internet.

If he's an adult, that's either his mom, who will tell him to get a job, or his wife, who would learn what a brain-dead morun he is.

Either way, he loses, and we all get a good laugh

Anyone from that area code?
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Geran wrote:
Probably because he gave us the Home Adress of "Kit S. Davies"

WhitePages

Can anybody be so stupid?
Shall we phone Kit Davies and tell him what his Son is doing? (No doubt Stewie will tell us he is Kit Steward Davies, but who will believe that?)
Bhahahahahahahhah. I've been reading this and the debate thread and have enjoyed it to a high degree. But I couldn't resist posting a laugh at this, this is just too good to not publicly laugh at.

Hahahahhahahahahah*wipes tear from eye* Bhahahahahahahahahahah
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Oh my God!! :lol: