I kept an old set of orange gear for the day when you can finally rip out the armoring and set bonus from gear. That said, I will take the Knight PvP gear any day over the Sith Warrior (either PvE or PvP) or the "MORE SKULLS I SAID MORE SKULLS!" on the Death Knight gear from WoW.
For those interested, there's a bit of speculation about 1.2 at IGN.
Some issues I'm interested in:
1. This will effectively kill Ilum, even more so than it is now. No objectives, just killing fields. If they're doing this, they should really put the crafting material nodes back in. The conspiracy theorist in me is starting to believe BW knows they fucked up large scale battles and are doing what they can to keep players away from them so they don't notice the deficiencies in the engine.
2. "Void Star will be changed so that Republic can fight Republic and Empire can fight Empire, a team format shared by Huttball and Novare Coast." If this doesn't come with X-server PvP, it will make the faction imbalances even worse. The one thing that keeps the larger faction playing is that they don't have queues. What also makes them insane is same faction huttball over and over, so some have actually swapped factions. Now they can go back.
3. Win/Loss keeping: This is dumb unless they can ensure that matches will not begin until it's 8vs8 and disconnects count as an automatic loss (or are tracked separately).
4. "We wanted to make it so Biochem wasn't the only viable elder game crafting skill. We've done a lot of changes there that'll make the crafting system a lot stronger." - First off: Elder skill? And seriously, this can't come soon enough. Outside of all sanity, I've kept with Synthweaving. I would be content with BoP augment slots, but there would need to be multiple to keep up with the awesomeness that is biochem and would also make the profession profitable. On our server, you can't sell medpacks because everyone has biochem anyway.
5. "Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight," : FUCK.
I have way too much shit on my bar already.
6. "We want to put in some guild features, like the aforementioned capital ships, " - Shut up and take my money! Anything, and I mean anything that will get me off the Fleet Station is a good change.
7. "For the interface, it sounds as though nearly every element of it will be modifiable in some way." - This just needs to come. I'm stuck with 4 bars, the side ones of which get covered up in PvP. I could get by with just a 3rd stacked on top of my original 2. But they better not be fucking with us on this. They should take a page from Star Trek Online.