Count Chocula wrote:
Yes, revealed in post #1 with one word, then NOT MENTIONED AT ALL until Page 35 of this trainwreck. They're a non-profit corporation. Who else is behind OWS? I know; do you? By the way, dumbass, that "conservative email forward" is what I pulled FROM THE OWS WEBSITE. Gee, where do they get the money to have a Web site? Who makes their computers? Isn't Twitter a corporation? How many Dells, Droids and iPhones are in OWS protestors' hands? Shit, I hope their tents and sleeping bags weren't made by Gander Mountain or purchased at Big 5 or Wal Mart! And those sons of bitches better not be wearing Levi's! Oh, the irony.
The OWS movement is not anti-corporate in the sense of "destroy all corporations" you stupid fuck. This is what you're saying:
Count Choculol wrote:
How can they criticize wealth distribution when they themselves are made of capitalism???
You are making exactly as much sense as that. The organization is criticizing wealth distribution. If you really think that the alternatives are "exactly as today" and "destroy all corporations", then you're literally too stupid to understand OWS and you should stop trying to.
Furthermore, even if they were anti-corporate, society in America is so heavily corporate that you cannot escape benefiting from it without significantly reducing your ability to thrive. All you're doing is, well all you're doing is repeating talking points, but all your bosses
are doing is trying to delegitimize any form of dissent. In other words, you are trying to crush and kill freedom of expression by destroying people's ability to express themselves. If you actually understood and believed anything about American
freedoms, you would be kicking yourself right now for being such a fuckin' idiot. But you don't, so you can advocate denying any form of criticism that comes from within, and with the shield of American exceptionalism at your side, you can deny any criticism that comes from without. I'm reminded of a Beatles song at this point.
I find the entire OWS (bowel) movement laughable and irrelevant for the following partial list of reasons:
- No message
- No objectives
- Disruption of "99 percenter" businesses
- Unreported rape as a matter of policy
- Shitting in public
- Pissing in public
- Masturbating in public
- Felony assaults against police officers and media
- Theft and vandalism, even among their own
- Promises of violence
- Desire to literally eat the rich
- Rampant medieval diseases at camps
- Litter and filth so bad that occupiers are forced out by police so sanitation workers can clean their literal shit so they can squat some more
- Rebellion without a cause
- Did I mention no objectives?
I'll actually address these in order.
1-2) Wrong. There's no point into going into why you're wrong, because you'd just ignore it and clap your hands over your ears.
3) Protests are designed to be inconvenient, you stupid fuck! That's the whole point of civil disobedience- it doesn't work if people can ignore you!
4) Prove that this is "a matter of policy". Do you realize that this is an accusation of facilitating rape directed at the whole of the movement? Do you realize that you just accused Losonti of facilitating rape? Oh, no, but you didn't actually mean that because you type words and sentences without understanding them.
5-7) Oh my god! It's almost as though they were doing this strange thing called "occupying" which requires that you "live" in the "area" you're "occupying" and when nobody provides you with any assistance in setting up proper sanitation, your options are limited. Oh wait, this is literally "pee pee doo doo they are bad people."
8 ) Your only source for this is a right-wing blog. In fact, I bet all of your sources are right-wing blogs or maybe Fox News, the New York Post, and other extensions of the will of Rupert Murdoch. But even then, the only source from within the blog is a police spokesperson who said that some officers got hurt while they were pepper-spraying and shooting the crowd with rubber bullets. So were these people all Snidely Whiplash and trying to kill cops, or were they flailing out after getting their eyes filled with pepper spray, or were these accidental results of trying to push past a police line? We may never know, and so it's ridiculous to treat all OWS protesters as "cop-beating menaces". But you love to be ridiculous, though you're never ridiculous for the reasons you think.
9) N-no! A few people have committed crimes when in crowded areas? These monsters should all be hanged!!!! This is just the latest expression of the criminal mind, which absolves good, decent folks, (like yourself) from ever being considered... criminals
10-11) From significant proportions of the OWS protesters? Yeah, that never happened and you're taking cranks as emblematic of the movement. I'm willing to bet that higher proportions of Tea Partiers called Obama a nigger than OWS protesters seriously advocated cannibalism. Oh dear!
12) "Medieval diseases", huh? What, are those just regular diseases but spelled differently? "Fevre" is much more dangerous than "fever"? Or is this some real St. Vitus' Dance action going on here? Oh, wait, it's just another talking point where people try to score points with "pee pee doo doo they are smelly hippies." I see now that it's tuberculosis. One goddamned third of the world's fucking population is infected with TB right now you shitheads! A tenth of the American population has it! It's not a fucking "medieval disease" you smug, ignorant fucks! Stop rimming out Andrew Breitbart and Tucker Carlson and look at the real world for a fucking change.
13) No, that's not why they were forced out. They were forced out because the people in power are worried enough about the movement that they tried to kill it. New York didn't even bother to try and work out deals with OWS- because their goal was never to clean the park, but to use that as an excuse to try and kill the movement. So "pee pee doo doo they are smelly hippies" is getting a bit tiresome at this point.
14-15) Still wrong, still unwilling to listen.
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums