SDNW4 Story Thread 2

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNW4 Story Thread 2

Post by Darkevilme »

The Bragulan Economic Exposition Extravaganza of Friendship (BEEEF),Vlyadibragstok
Written with Shroom and Simon

The Grasping Pseudopod of Friendship had diverted to the BEEEF in obedience to the greatest urgency. The Ocean’s People had originally had little desire to travel to the BEEEF; their material needs were modest and their true desires were more knowledge and wisdom than anything else. They reasonably assumed that at an extravaganza of material overabundance and warlike excess would have little to offer them. This perspective, though, had changed with the deafening silence from the MEH, who now foolhardily risked the destruction of the Ocean’s People, which led to the meeting of Reds to consider others means of bolstering their planet’s defence. And so it was that the Pseudopod arrived and was welcomed to the BEEEF in the name of galactic trade, inhumanitarianism, Bragnot, Glasnot and Bragstroika and several other words ending in Troika.

But despite the urgent importance of their task, the Squidoids were not immune to the charms the BEEEF had to offer, although not the same charms many would think. As it turned out this rare collision of so many different cultures and races did provide unexpected opportunities to experience new philosophies and perspectives. Many had come here with soap boxes to spread their creeds to the multitudinous and varied audiences available at the BEEEF. So long as they paid a small bribe to the guards, they would not be stickbeaten for heckling paying customers. Already several of the squidoid shore detachment from the Pseudopod had become embroiled, in a measured and considerate fashion, in discussions with various street preachers and roadside philosophers. Those of the crew who remained true to course elected to cross one of the many warehouse subsections of the BEEEF to better reach the more militarized exposition plots, guided by Green Speckled Historian of Storms in Far Oceans towards what he claimed were the people who could sell them the most effective defence against rampaging orks.

It took a certain desperation or stupidity to be a criminal operating actively at the BEEEF; while it was true that the Bragulans were indifferent to investigating crimes that didn’t involve bears, they were quick to act on accusations of guilt. If one was caught and he was lucky he’d be shot then the bears would piss on his corpse, if one was unlucky he’d be pissed on by the bears before they shot him.

But how much greater must the stupidity and desperation be for the criminal to choose as target for his perpetrations squids in twelve foot tall powerarmoured travel suits? That was discovered today.

His parents had named him Cheese Narwhale which meant that the stupidity was perhaps genetic. But such things were not what filled Cheese’s braincheese as he lurked in the shadows, waiting for the fabulously wealthy and completely unprotected target that was surely coming down the hallway towards his hiding place. What occupied Cheese’s mind is that he had a SHOTGUN! it had cost most of his credits, but it was big and made a ratchety double click noise when he used the pump action! Surely with such a weapon he was invincible, nothing could stand against it and men and bears alike would quake in fear at the sound of it’s ratchety double click noise!

Cheese grinned confidently and stepped out into the corridor as his victims came close, pumping the shotgun and ejecting an unfired cartridge onto the floor menacingly. “Alright losers, hand it over! your money or your life!” he declared as he eyed his targets for obvious valuables but found his gaze migrating upwards to take in the entirety of those he would rob. For a moment Cheese had a tiny nugget of doubt enter his mind as he realized the people he was trying to rob were alien and also REALLY tall, but then he remembered he had a SHOTGUN and stopped worrying about it.

“I think there must be some sort of misunderstanding, we have no interest in your weapon good sir. We are in a hurry to make arrangements with someone in the next sector of the complex” Purple Striations of Currents and Purpose replied, looking down at the strange human who had temporarily halted their progress along the corridor.

Green Speckles tried to explain. “I believe this is what the humans call a “hold up,” Purple Striations. Where he intends to use threats of violence, bodily harm and death to compel us to hand over goods and money.”

“Really? But such activities would result in an unequal and detrimental redistribution unless the goods were subsequently allocated towards the greater good of society at large by informed parties after measured discussion.” Purple Striations pondered aloud and queried “Human, what do you intend to do with the goods you wish to compel from us?”

Cheese was beginning to realize that events were not unfolding as they should, but faced with a huge metal squid asking a question, he chose to answer. “I’m gonna get drunk, hire girls to gimme a lapdance and then get a ticket off this festering bear’s armpit of a planet! Now gimme the cash!” He demanded, waving the shotgun back and forth in a menacing fashion.

“Fascinating. This individual seems blind to the effects of his actions on society at large. I wonder why. Is it because he is simply maladjusted mentally?” Purple asked of Green Speckles.

“It is possible that poor social planning due to lack of centralized authority on a large scale or simple biological error resulted in him achieving a disadvantaged state in which he perceives disadvantaging others to be the only viable means of re-balancing his situation. A kind of retributive attitude to society at large, if you will.” Green replied.

Cheese had gotten impatient now, the situation was not going according to plan. “Gimme the cash or I’ll blow your fucking metal heads off!” He yelled, then shot one of the squidoids in the leg.

“Why did he do that?” asked Purple, holding up his pockmarked ambulatory tentacle to Green.

“Typical human impatience, I’m afraid, Purple Striations.” Green grabbed Cheese and Cheese’s weapon in different tentacles, separating the two and lifting both into the air.

“Let me go you giant metal monster! And gimme back my shotgun!” Cheese yelled, dangling and trying to loosen the metal gripper wrapped uncomfortably tightly around his middle.

“No. However, I have a proposition for you, human. What is your name?” Green asked. Purple flashed his emitter diodes orange “What are you planning Green? Do you intend to take him with us?” Purple asked and added “I question the wisdom of such an action.”

“Indeed, it is our moral duty to introduce and reinforce a productive work reward philosophy into this human so as to break him from this self destructive condition.” Green explained and then looked to Cheese again who was starting to turn an unusual colour and making strange gasping noises “Now, what is your name human?”

“C-cant...breathe...can’t breathe...please...too..” Cheese wheezed out.

“Very well Can’tbreatheplease. I am Green Speckled Historian of Storms in Far Oceans. This is Purple Striations of Currents and Purpose and Red of the Grasping Appendage of Friendship.” Green set Cheese down and released him.

“It’s Cheese Narwhale, not Can’tbreatheplease.” Cheese gasped, trying to get his breath back, though the squids didn’t seem to hear him.

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Cantbreatheplease.” Purple said and then quietened so Green could explain the proposition. “Cantbreatheplease, if you agree to aid us in various capacities for the duration of this expedition to the BEEEF then we will reimburse you for your aid. This will hopefully restore some semblance of a productive ethical framework in your mind and allow you to be once again of benefit to the society you in turn benefit from. Your weapon will be kept from you so that it cannot tempt you into your socially maladaptive practices again. Do you agree to our terms?”

“Do I have a choice?” Cheese asked, straightening up finally as the ache in his ribs became tolerable.

“If you decline, we could bring you to the attention of the Bragulan authorities.”

“OK, OK! I don’t want to get pissed on!” Cheese replied hastily and then oofed as Green dismounted a large fraction of the bags from his harness and placed them in Cheese’s arms.

“Then carry these, Cantbreatheplease.” Green moved to join Purple as the squidoid group, now plus one human, went into motion again.

“Why did you tell him we would hand him to the Bragulan authorities?” Green asked.

“Socially maladjusted individuals may respond better to threats than promises of rewards, you said that in the ship’s discussion three years and four lunar rotations ago.” Purple replied with a tinge of amusement in his diodes.

“I had the impression that you were not paying attention at that time. I thought your sociological interests had atrophied in the face of your fascination with the technologies required for voyaging the oceans above.” Green said considerately “I am happy that you were enriched by my expertise.” he continued and with that the squidoids entered a busier section of the BEEEF and began to seek out directly their chosen destination, the Umerian exposition.

The squids’ giant walking hazard suits, their newly acquired human porter trailing behind, clomped towards a large, trendily-decorated booth with a great banner suspended over it. Bracketed between the starship-and-sun logo of the Umerian Space Security Force and the MiniProd cogwheel-and-hammer stood a boldfaced title:
High Energy Beamline Export Company
When you need it vaporized by lunchtime.
“Greetings fellow sentient, and may your oceans be peaceful. We are interested in discussing the purchase of planetary defence particle cannon platforms with you, may we impose on your time?” said Red of the Grasping Pseudopod of Friendship, immediately gaining the complete and open attention of the sales representative. Not that the squidoids were really going unnoticed, in their twelve foot tall power armour travel suits covered in paint patches and light up coloured diodes they stood out as the most imposing potential customers that’d come to the HEBEC sales booth thus far at the BEEEF.

“Planetary defense platforms? One of our most popular product lines! We sell a wide variety of heavily shielded orbital and gravlev-statite gun platforms, ranging from destroyer-grade dual electron-positron beams up to dismounted battleship guns, designed to the highest* standard of capital ship firepower you’ll find anywhere in the galaxy! All built around one or more of our high-power, long range particle beam weapons, all using proprietary Umerian technology to give you the firepower you need to protect your world from renegade pirates, hostile battlefleets, or marauding orks!” the salesman replied with a nod and an impressive display of enthusiastic handwaving, worthy even of Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman.

*Disclaimer: other, more powerful battleship weapons not available for purchase by squidoids may exist. Offer not valid where prohibited. Ask your doctor before using Huge Proton Cannon. May cause side effects such as stray electric charges, wake fields, Cherenkov radiation, and very large kabooms.

Green gestured with one of his four manipulator tentacles. “Your last point presents a convenient segue for our concerns. We come as representatives of our homeworld in sector A25 and have need of a perimeter of defensive particle beam cannons to protect our world. Your nation has historically proven the effectiveness of particle cannons in repulsion of ork Waagh forces through the defeat of the ork warlord known as the Tyrant Jagga. It is this precedent that brings us preferentially to you.”

“Thank you Green, now, patient fellow sentient, please discuss the implements of destruction your organization is willing to trade.” Red said.

“Of course, gentlebeings. Our standard types come with a service plan, maintenance and operation staff included in the price tag- many of our customers prefer not to try to maintain our cannon from their own industrial base or, ah, change their minds after trying to. Fuel costs not included; I presume you’ll have no difficulty supplying deuterium for fusion generators?”

“Our production is adequate and the pressing nature of our current needs puts our considerable reserves at the disposal of our defence.” Red said with a gesture of confirmation.

“All right, then. Let me run through the platform types. You can start out with the handy little “twin sevens,” this is one of our best-tested items; the Type 28 lepton gun. We’ve been turning this one out for nearly sixty years, refining as we go, and we guarantee free barrel component replacement for the first 200 hours of continuous firing. Each gun platform comes with two of them, one firing electrons, one firing positrons, to ensure a stable self-focusing trajectory for those high-precision long range shots. Good for sniping; just look at this footage of ‘em taking component shots on a Gwabooly assault transport. See that blowtorch action at the join between the shield panels? Yes, those rangefinder numbers are real.

“Of course, they’ve got the range, but firepower... not exactly something you’d want to take battleship-hunting. We recommend that any serious defense grid of Type 28s be boosted with a few of the big proton guns. If, on the other hand, you want something harder-hitting in the lepton-beam market, there’s the Type 31 ‘carronade-’ single-barrel platforms this time, but four times the kilotons-per-second. Long range shot dispersion a bit more of a problem, of course; you can’t have everything at those charge-mass ratios.

“If you’re looking for something with the Type 31’s current and the Type 28’s range, though, you need look no further than our heavy proton guns! For starters we offer a variant of the spinal beams on our own heavy cruisers, the Mark Eleven Block 76. It slices, it dices, it can even saw through a comet without melting it! Ah, within the optimum effective range envelope. The quite large effective range envelope.

“And again, we offer a related model for more... up close and personal work: the Mark Eleven Block 83, a close cousin of the Block 80 CareBearStare weapons you might know of from the Lancer-class heavy monitors fielded by the Iduran Confederacy, another of our many satisfied customers. High beam current, very high, but be advised, range limitations are unavoidable with so much space charge going out so fast. We recommend this one be supplemented by missile defenses. Since you gentlebeings seem to favor the life aquatic, I’d like to call your attention to one of our special offers: buy an Eleven-83, and we can guarantee you a 10% discount on a squadron of surface-to-space missile submarines.

“Of course, if you aren’t shopping for missiles but still want to be able to reach out and really bite into enemy capital combatants at those seven-figure ranges, always important for planetary defense, we have the full-up dismounted battleship guns. There’s also the Mark Fourteen Block 25, designed to the highest standard of high-precision single-barrel firepower you’ll find in the Spinward Expanse! Or, if you’re really having an emergency, the deluxe version- the Fourteen-42, the very same model seen on Umeria’s own Titan-class dreadnought! Er, allowing for a few... minor alterations.”

The delegation’s leader waited for the Umerian sales pitch to come to its natural conclusion, then responded. “We beg to impose upon your patience. We must take time to consider your products.” Red said, going into consultancy with Green and Purple. The armoured squidoids flashed back and forth and talking amongst themselves for a time before they finally turned their attention back to the salesman who had remained professional in his patience the entire time. Sales of planetary defense artillery weren’t made lightly, and the business was very Darwinian in favor of patient vendors.

“We will require a set of four 14-42 platforms to make our tetrahedral orbital perimeter. This will allow for a maximum of twenty-five percent reduction in firepower due to weapon platforms being obstructed from firing on target by the planet itself. In addition these are of similar lineage to the weaponry that annihilated the Tyrant of Jagga and of such have the historic precedent elaborated upon by my associate Speckled Green Historian of the Storms of Far Oceans.”

“If I may ask, what already present defensive assets are in place to defend your planet?”

“Our nation has afforded a single warship, the Warning Yellow Flash of Last Resort which will act in our defence. It rates at an estimated one hundred points on your Stefan-Wilkins scale.”

“A worthy vessel, gentlebeings. However, in order to provide a planetary defence in depth, I strongly recommend that the tetrahedron of 14-42s be reduced to a triangular scheme of three platforms, supported by a shell of Type 28s- to provide a second engagement envelope you understand, greater multi-target engagement, and of course the raster fire mode on lepton beams is an excellent way to... fatally discourage clouds of relativistic impactors. For the price of the fourth 14-42, well, you could almost complete a dodecahedral array of Type 28s; trust me, you won’t regret the extra price of the eleventh and twelfth units. If you’re looking for denser coverage, scaling up from there gets you a sliding-scale volume discount- see footnote three in the technical notes for the Type 28.”

The squids turned to each other a moment. Red flashed orange diodes at Green, who gestured with a tentacle. Seemingly satisfied, Red turned back towards the sales representative “We acknowledge your superior expertise in this area. As the defence of our homeworld is of utmost importance to us we proposition the idea that fifteen type 28 lepton platforms would be a sufficient inner perimeter.” Red said.

The human’s eyebrow did not so much as twitch in pleasant surprise. “Certainly within our suggested ratio of light and heavy weapon platforms... ah, I am not privy to the levels of threat you expect to face gentlebeings...”

“Nor are we, fellow sentient. But nevertheless, let us work with that as the package under discussion.”

“Very well. there is, of course, the matter of payment. Our usual rates are within galactic norms given the level of security we offer- check the price sheet and compare with the going rates for our competitors if you like.”

“We require these defensive systems only until the situation around our homeworld stabilizes. As a result we would like to propose a lease on the equipment in question.”

“Gentlebeings, HEBEC has learned, from long experience, that anyone who really wants to lease a planetary defense platform is probably going to need it. There’s often some difficulty getting it back in usable condition afterwards. Unless you care to go through a fairly extensive vetting process via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Security, I’m afraid a lease arrangement is out of the question.”

Red looked for a moment to Green for a reaction of some sort then turned back to the sales representative.“ This is minorly unbecalming but not an unforeseen response. How extensive is this process you speak of?”

“On average, hmm.” The human pulled out a strange arrangement of marked metal slides, moving his lips slightly- any sound was below the threshold of their receptors. “There’s about a... call it fifty megasecond waiting period.”

“This is an unacceptable processing period. Events force us to move with unaccustomed haste in this matter. The systems must be in place as soon as possible. We once again request your patience while we confer.” Red said and once he had gained acquiescence once more the squids discussed matters amongst themselves for a few minutes.

“We propose the concept that we undertake payment by installment. Would that be acceptable?”

“We do accept financing plans of that sort, but only with a very substantial sum as collateral- as a rule, fifty percent over the up-front cost of the system.”

“We have a foreign currency reserve sufficient to cover such an obligation.”

“Of course. Naturally, this is only a preliminary agreement, but we’ll be happy to fast-track the discussion and transport process in light of your urgent needs. Shipping and handling will be issues, placement depends heavily on the distribution and intensity of your planet’s magnetic fields; I hope you have survey data readily to, er, tentacle, but I’m sure you can work that out with our technical representatives. I’ll schedule the meetings as quickly as possible, if you’d care to authenticate this preliminary agreement here, here, and here...”

The squidoids from the Grasping Pseudopod of Friendship were content when they left the emporium of HEBEC. Knowing that the resources of their nation for the next few years had been committed to making sure their nation survived the next few months, they intended to peruse some of the more interesting philosophers and preachers during their stay- and perhaps find the rest of their crew in the process.

They were not expecting a representative of the Bragulan Star Empire. And certainly not expecting how seemingly magical his appearance was. As the squidoids moved away from the booth he seemingly appeared in a momentary gap generated by the brownian motion of the crowd. Not as if he had stepped into the gap but as if nature abhors a vacuum and had decided to fill the gap with a bear in uniform as a way of making do. However before Green could properly probe this mystery the bear was already making his introductions.

“Hail comrade mollusks!” the bear said as he pocketed his bottle of whisky. He tried to remember his lines, which he had rehearsed while listening in on their surveillance on the Umerian stalls. “Our intelligence has informed me that you are on the market for planetary defense weapons. Yet our data on your People of the Ocean national economy says that you can barely afford some of the more ostentatious weapons systems being peddled here in the BEEEF by the humans, like the oh-so-clever Umerian technocraticos and their beam lasers that go ‘pew-pew!’”

He made funny ‘pew-pew’ sounds while shooting invisible particle beams with his claws, before emitting a mighty laugh.

“Da, their weapons systems are indeed formidable, but cost so much roubles, da?” he looked at the squidoids suggestively. “Maybe you are asking yourselves, after you are done using particulate cannons and is time to pay up, what then? Will you be economically destitute, or in debt? What of your foreign currency reserves which, if our reconnaissance on your nation is correct, will have quite a chunk of it used for purchasing particulate protonoid cannons?”

The squidoids shifted oddly. These things were all true! And the way the bear was stating it, so obviously alluding to how they had gathered intelligence on the People of the Ocean. Such shamelessness.

The shameless bear continued.

“Maybe you are wondering, ‘wouldn’t it be nice to bolster defenses with cheap, reliable, mass producible and effective death-dealing... errr purely defensive weapons to protect our nation from those who threaten it?’ Wouldn’t it be nice to have a certain friendly and very well armed comrade-nation at hand to aid a fellow inhuman ocean peoples by supplying gratuitous quantities of these... purely defensive weapons in the name of Byzonistic internationalist inhumanism and glasnot and bragstroika and so on and so forth? It would be doubleplusgood, da?” the shameless bear finished with a saying he heard from the Shroomanists, or was it the Strakanians, “Am i rite?”

The bear crossed his arms smugly and mentally thanked the IBGV for gathering as much information as they could on the nations attending the BEEEF.

Red and Green were silent for a moment, merely glancing to each other and flashing in a fashion not reminiscent of a set of christmas tree lights on the fritz. Seemingly satisfied Red let Green speak “It would be calming in these troubled times to have further implements of warfare. However it would depend entirely on the degree of generosity of this comrade nation and the degree to which these armaments were discounted. A great deal of our financial reserve has been committed as collateral for our defensive purchases, as you know, and cannot be utilized for purchases with no form of possible recuperation.”

“Hmmm... da, that is understandable,” the bear scratched his ear. He was wired, and he could hear his IBGV supervisors talking in his earpiece, they were discussing what to say next. Finally, they decided and gave their instructions to him. He repeated their exact words. “You can tell the squidoids that glasnot and bragstroika is not merely about capitalistic monetary rewards, it is about helping fellow inhumans, though Bragule’s generosity is not unlimited and some form of reciprocation should be expected - if not in currency, then in other things like overflight permission or opening ports and refueling stations to Bragships or something like that.”

The Bragulan winced as his superiors shouted at him in his earpiece.

You dumb shits! When I said ‘repeat exactly what I say’, I didn’t mean to repeat what I said THAT exactly!

Green gestured “A moment.” he said and again he and Red conferred, this time somewhat more at length and verbally as well as colourfully.

“We admit to being curious as to what needs your nation would have for an anchorage above our ocean. You are distant from the affairs of our region of space and have your flighty feline allies to provide anchorages also. Enlighten us as to the implications of your desires.” Green said cautiously once they’d finished conferring.

The Bragulan pulled up a tiny device and pressed a button on it. The built-in Geiger counters of the squidoids’ suits began flashing, informing them of rising radiation levels, though not enough to threaten their suits. The squids recognized it as an anti-surveillance system that would render them inaudible to anyone dropping eaves nearby. Unfortunately, that also scrambled the link between the Bragulan and his IBGV handlers, but the IBGV observers could read lips and relay commands to his earpiece by pulsing binary codes.

“Bragule is concerned with the sudden emergence of a certain large human nation rather close to your vicinity. I believe it is a problem for both of our peoples. The rotund humans claim the entire sector as theirs, even if they do not have any right to do so, even if you have more right to that space than they. But they ignore your pleas, at their peril.

“Our Imperator will not stand for such swollen human insolence making mockery of inhumanitarianism. You see our anchorage with the Chamarran felines, but that is because they too worry about the man-whales whose carelessness provokes war with the greenskins. The felines have requested our aid should those man-whales direct their attention elsewhere. Which is also why we may need anchorages over your oceans, in the event the blubbery bourgeoisie need be taught a lesson in humility. This, we do out of inhumanist solidarity to a comrade-nation in need of defense against the encroachments of the slavering chitinous human hordes.”

Before the squidoids could digest the verbal bragarrhea the bear had just deposited on them, he shifted topics quickly.

“But before we go too deep into that, first let us show what the glourious Star Empire of Bragule can offer your Ocean People. Behold, most affordable and yet most destructive discount devices.”

Suddenly a titanic telescreen descended from the ceiling, accompanied by booming macrophones that reverberated even the water inside the squidoids’ sealed suits.
Jayne’s Weapons of the Galaxy, 3400 Edition wrote:The 011-R Bearlbrus, more commonly known as the "Spud" (its Solarian reporting name), is an extremely large thermonuclear missile tracing its origins to the early centuries of the Bragulan space age. The rockets used in the colonization of the Bragulan system and the missiles later launched from Bragule to kill those colonists are considered ancestors of the Spud as they share roughly the same thermonuclear propulsion system. The modern Spud is powered by liquid uranium and liquid plutonium injected into an internal atomic combustion chamber, a crude method that nonetheless makes it surprisingly fast even in an age of exotic power sources and space drives.

A Spud rising on a mobile launch platform.

The Spud's large size also makes it a large target for point defenses, but its designers have made the missile extremely resilient to damage by armoring its nosecone with the very same bragsteel used in its combustion chambers. Advanced variants can actually mount their own defensive missiles and K-bolter CIWS, meaning that a sufficiently upgraded Spud can deliver its warheads to even targets with formidable protection. The standard tactic is to launch them en masse, letting sheer numbers overwhelm the defenders in a flurry of oversized radiation-spewing missiles, independent revengeance vehicles, and penetration aids. Since a single Spud is as big as a building and has several tons of fissible material divided among dozens of MIRVs, even if only a few make it through the defenses the ensuing damage will still be quite severe. In the case of Spuds armed with vegemite-enhanced nucleonics, the megatonnage they carry make them very capable anti-capital weapons.

The Spud has been in production for centuries, meaning that there is an enormous stockpile of the ancient missiles. Most are either used "as is" by the Bragulan militaries or exported to anyone in the market for strategic nuclear weapons. Some have been modernized progressively for use by frontline Bragulan units and are far more capable than the obsolete variants in the export market. Due to their size, Spuds can only be launched by larger platforms, such as planetary launchers and warships.
The Bragulan editors withheld a certain portion of Jayne’s Spud description, the part that mentioned the Spuds’ ancientness and the obsolescence of some variants.

Because the IBGV had heard of how the squidoids valued the Umerian particulate guns for their precedent use on Orks, the telescreen began showing historical film reels of Spuds blowing up the various enemies of the Bragulans - from before the Great Civil War to during the Great Civil War, then the Apexai War, the Solarian War, the Scron War, the Byzantine War, the next Solarian War, and another Byzantine War before a few more Solarian Wars, and the latest gun-camera footage from Jenova, involving the nuclear strike on a Byzantine Titan and the destruction of a place called Tidustown. For added measure, the footage came with a speech. Several, in fact. It began with a description on the awesome power of the Spud missile, middled with an address to the factory workers and union laborers of Spud components (nuts and rivets) factory, and ended with the reading of an IBGV-provided list of all the people ever killed by the missiles.

Byzon mandated that the speech of casualties go on for a year, but through creative interpretation the propaganda editors decided to base the ‘year’ on a really fast planet’s revolution of a really small sun, allowing them to fast forward the speech of death.

The Bragulan resumed talking to the squidoids as the speech played on in the background. The telescreen was now showing footage of the weeping families of Spud casualties.

“This is the most budgetary unit available to suit your tactico-strategico-militaro-financial needs. And as you see, it has a glourious history matched by no other weapon. It can be shipped by bulk, and we can offer the services of Bragulan technical advisors to help you best utilize these weapons. We can provide the Spuds now and talk about compensation later. After all, we are not capitalists, we are Byzonists foremost and inhumanists secondmost. Seeing the fat humans’ tubby tears will be payment enough.”

The Bragulan laughed inexplicably. It wasn’t a fucking laugh, it was a cackle.

Green, Red and Purple began discussing the matter extensively even before the Bragulans had concluded extolling the virtues and vicious attributions of their particular brand of armamentation, and continued discussing it for some minutes after the Bragulan concluded his speech with only a tentacular gesture beseeching patience to placate the bear in the interim.

“We believe should you be willing to withhold the matter of payment that this offer would prove satisfactory. Though our intended foe to unleash these ordinances upon is not human but Ork in nature. A WAAAGH! is soon to descend upon the space we share with these particular humans and the green tide when roused to such fury is notoriously inaccurate and liberal in seeking satisfaction of their bloodlust.” Red said and then gave Purple a flash.

“These armaments I believe will best be put to use as weaponry for our new asteroid fortress. An analysis of Galactopedia indicates radio isotope emissions from massed Spud launches would contaminate an unacceptable amount of our Ocean should they be launched from ground sites.”

The notion of not wanting radiological contamination on their oceans was a foreign and un-Byzonic one to the Bragulan’s brain. He perished the thought immediately and through double-thinking reinterpreted their request as that for space-only platforms.

“Da, the Spuds would be ideal for an asteroid fortress. It is simple, you merely have to put Spud launcher tubule in place and launch remotely, no need for extensive fittings of particulate cannons or finicky humanoid maintenances. Spud can be connected to control center wirelessly or through fiber-optics. Spud can even be concealed, buried in asteroid, as Spuds are capable of breaking through bedrock when launched from underground.

“May I also suggest space mine variant of Spud?” the bear pulled out a fifty kilogram porta-computer, with a monochrome telescreen displaying a wireframe schematic of a peculiar nuclear missile.

“The SPUDCAP, Spud Capsulated . A stripped down Spud is placed inside a capsule-launcher composed of low-visibility metamaterials, giving it a measure of ‘stealth’ and allowing it to be concealed in the depth of space, or amidst asteroid belts, debris fields and other such things. They have their own passive-aggressive sensors and can be programed to engage autonomously in however way you see fit operate, or they can be command-guided as well for better precision and less... premature discharges, heh-heh-heh. You have an asteroid fort to be armed with Spuds combined with the very expensive Umerian particle cannons that you can barely afford. Combined with a high orbit mined with Spudcaps, you can have a very formidable defense grid that would even give pause to a first-rate navy, which the Orks definately are not.

The porta-computer then displayed the orbital defense layout given by the Umerian. “Judging from your defense plan with the Umerianoid particulate cannons, it would be most efficient to mine the space here, here and here.”

The Bragulan stabbed the small black-and-white screen very hard with a ‘tablet’, which was just a sharpened piece of bragsteel, to mark his designations. The squidoids looked in fascination.

“Spudcaps can be set to launch upon the approach of the enemy, to weaken them and expend their ammunitions before they even reach the range of the particulate guns. It will buy you vital time in a siege situation and attrite the enemy. Also, the Spud mines can be programmed or remote-controlled to attack after the enemy has passed through and is near to your world.”

“Why would we want them to be near our world?” a squidoid asked.

“Because!” the bear bellowed. “When they are engaged by the particulate cannons, the Spuds can launch from behind them, trapping them inside a kill-zone with Umerianoid beams in front of them and Spuds behind them. This will maximize the damage done, multiplying the effectiveness of your planetary or orbital defenses.”

The bear deactivated the anti-surveillance radiation field and placed his paw on his ear, very obviously and shamelessly listening to his superiors.

“My superiors on the line say that they would be willing to withhold the matter of payment so that this offer would prove satisfactory to you. All so that we may thwart the humans.”

“Orks,” a squidoid interjected.

“Whatever,” the bear waved a dismissive paw. Suddenly, he shouted, “This will be the ultimate revengeance!”

And then he laughed. He fucking laughed.

The bear’s exit was even more inexplicable than his entrance, as a flock of Anglian courtesans in ball dresses came forth to sally him off into the yonder.

Leaving the squidoids quite perplexed as they pondered everything that had just happened.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Unknown Location, Unknown Planet
Wild Space, Bragulan Frontier
26 October 3400

"I understand, Mr. Krill, that you're in quite a bit of a pickle."

The coated man struggled not to shake.

"That's an understatement! They're on to me, Mr. Julia. My base of operations in RAR Space has been systematically dismantled. The agents of the Interpol and the CSB wanted my skin. I had to leave before the heat became too much! The only things I have left are our contacts with the United Corsair Federation and criminal rings in Iduran Space!"

"That ring at Rimland was always a risk. The Centrality's recent anti-corruption purges since the fall of Enduvos made things worse. It's remarkable it held up for that long. Where is your boss?"

Mr. Krill did not miss the edge in R. Julia's voice at the sound of that question.

"He managed to flee Rimland. Where he is, I have little idea."

"Well, I have. He's my special guest now. And he's very disappointed of your...loyalty. Or lack thereof."

Guards burst into the room.

"What is this?!", screamed Mr. Krill.

"You, Mr. Krill, are to be retired. Did you think you would fool me that easily? I know you were bribed by the Interpol to stab Francus in the back. I have no intention of the same thing happening to me. Now, you will be taken to the Bragulans. I've heard that they can be quite...hospitable."

The guards dragged a screaming Mr. Krill, and R. Julia smiled.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Migwazza: How I Learned Ta Stop Muckin' About and WAAAGH Da

Post by Simon_Jester »

Author's Note: I would like to express my gratitude to all the people who helped me to varying extents with this, and of course to the illustrious souls of Stanley Kubrick and Slim Pickens.

Migwazza, or How I Learned ta Stop Muckin' About and WAAAGH! Da Bomb.
KlavoHunter wrote:"STUFF IT!" he roared to quiet them, and then whistled. "OI! MIGWAZZA! MORKAMPHELL! ORKIMOTO! 'N DA REST UV YOO ACE GITZ! FRONT N CENTUH!" Shroombad watched as da biggest 'n fastest of da Kultz of Speed showed demselves, dem rare Orkz who kould make an Orky small-craft be truly, truly dangerous - dere were LOTZ of wannabes who'd probably just be dead meat against top-rate fightaz. Deez boyz, though...

Licking his lips, finding a bit of squig-sauce he'd missed, Shroombad then grinned toothily at his aces. "I wuz lookin' fer a few good boyz ter' go in foiyst..."
Ork Bomba Zoom N Boom
Emerging from Hyperspace
Fringes of Wolf 359 System
December 7, 3400

Migwazza hooted and punched the ceiling as the blurring weirdness of hyperspace faded, showing black sky and glittering stars. "'Ere we go! Zimgrod, which way's da target?"

"Er, um. Let's see, big star over dere, little red star over dere, wobbly-lookin' green nebula thing dere..." Zimgrod fiddled with a looted Umerian slide rule. "Cosine... um... dat way!"

The pilot and all-round ace nob hauled the control yoke. Zoom N Boom's sublight rocket engines roared to life, making a most satisfying chorus of screams, groans, and roars.

"Right." Migwazza found himself at a loss; he'd forgotten something in the shuffle to get ready for the mission. What was it, what was it... zog. He'd have to ask, or better yet-

"Zimgrod, you better tell me what you t'ink da target iz, so I knows we ain't flyin' in da wrong direction. Cuz den I'd hafta throw you out da window! Heh heh heh."

Zimgrod, being a smartboy, was used to having to remember things like what the mission was. Being a smart smartboy, he also remembered not to make a point of the fact that Migwazza had forgotten what they were supposed to blow up.

"OK, boss. Da MEHnoids 'ave a bunch of fatships goin' in da docks right now, on account of da fatmeks tryin' ta stick extra bitz inside. So we's gonna hit one of da ones dat's gettin' ready for dat, blow it up before da fatties on board figure out what's happenin', so's it won't give da main WAAAGH! any crap when dey come in. Da target is da star destroyer Invincible Megadeath XVI, orbitin' da planet Sloth."

"Oi, whatta name fer a ship!" Sounded like a buncha grots tryin' to sound tough all right. "An' dey'll be at anchor, right? Dis gonna be easy!"

"I dunno, boss. Da fatships have a lotta power; if dey get da shields up before we drop Da Bomb, it's gonna be interesting."

"Dat's why Bitzgrub made it so big, ya git!"

"You right, boss. I got a good feelin' 'bout dis."

"So shut up an' watch dat radar! Dese TOE fatfighters might show up any minute now." Migwazza wasn't entirely comfortable flying something this big and ponderous; he wanted dogfighting, and Zoom N Boom did dogfighting about as well as a squiggoth did ballet dancing.*

But he had Speed, and Speed was good. Real good. Indeed, Zoom N Boom just might be the fastest thing its size in da WAAAGH! Between that, and the time it'd take the other Ace Gitz to get their fighters off the carrier ships... Migwazza glanced at the clock Zimgrod had nailed to the cockpit wall.

Wow. If he hurried, he might get to drop the first bomb of the WAAAGH!

The nob hooted and punched the ceiling again, then smacked the turbo-boost button.

*Squiggoths are normally better at breakdancing. When they dance, things break.

Recommended Listening

"Boss, dey finally got off da dime! We got four TOE fightas inbound, gonna come in from eight o'clock low!"

"'Ow long?"

"Uh, 'bout seven minutes till dey get here."

"Zog 'em, I ain't dodgin' for four planes. Lemme talk to da gunnas."

"'Ere." Zimgrod passed Migwazza the speaking tube. The ace put it in his lap and reached up into a compartment at the side of the cockpit. There he retrieved something special, something he'd gotten his hands on just for this mission, to be worn into combat: a nice, big horned helmet. You couldn't go wrong with one of those in a fight. Slamming it down firmly over his cranium, he picked up the speaking tube again.

"Well, boyz, I reckon dis iz it. Morktal kombat, fist ta gut wif da fatties."

This was gonna be great, this was the chance of a lifetime. Here he was, in front of the biggest WAAAGH! in years, millions an' millions of his mates on those ships backin' him up, with the best bomba crew a boss could ask for... Migwazza sniffed a little. He felt all choked up. He hadn't felt this good since his boyz had accidentally dive-bombed Karnage Skwadron's airstrip.

"Now look, boyz, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches. But I gotta purty fair idea dat sumfin' zoggin' 'portant's goin' on back dere. Now, I got a fair idea of tha kinda personal emotions that some 'a you fellas may be t'inkin..."

He heard it, from all the gunnery stations, from the engine rooms, the bomb bay.

"WAAAGH!"

"Right! You wouldn't even be orky bein's if you didn't have some purty strong feelin's 'bout Morktal kombat! I want youse to remember one t'ing. Da boyz back in da fleet iz countin' on ya, an by Gork we ain't about ta let 'em down!"

"WAAAAAGH!"

"Tell ya sumfin' else. Dis t'ing turns out ta be half as I figger it just might be, I'd say that yer all in fer some really sweet loot when this thing's over with! Now let's get dis t'ing on da hump, we got some flyin' ta do!"

"WAAAAAAAGH!"

"We got TOE fightas comin' in a couple. Give 'em hell, boyz!"

"WAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Quietly, Zimgrod muttered on the tube down to the engine room "Uh, Bitzgrub, sir, you think you could put s'more power to da force fields on da left an' below? We's about ta take one in da gut."

"Gotcha."

Migwazza ignored the faint crackling, and squalling gretchin-noises. He was busy thinking. Hmm. Most of his guns were on the top, or the left. Or the right, or... OK, he had enough guns pretty much all over. Might as well just turn straight for 'em! He hauled the control yoke over... and Zoom N Boom started to edge towards the MEHnoids. Slowly. Very slowly. Too slowly.

He bellowed in frustration and twisted the controls harder; all he got in return was a screech as the metal bent.

"Zoggin' clumsy piece o' crap!" He thumped the yoke back into something more or less the right shape with one hand and the butt end of his personal choppa. Next time, he thought, get tougher controls. That'd make the plane more maneuverable. It stood to reason. Anyway, zog it, he'd let 'em come in however they wanted and dropkick the blobboids into the nearest sun anyway. See how they liked it when the guns opened up!
It wasn't like he was short of 'em.

MEHnoid starfighters preferred heavy, slow-cycling gun armament to the ordnance and rapid-fire beam weapons found on most other nations' small craft. It wasn't a bad design choice, really; the large size and extreme mass of the fighters made them stable long-range gun platforms. And like all MEH designs, they had power output and to spare: enough to feed their energy-hungry guns to good effect.

The whalemen opened fire from far out and kept shooting, trying to pound a hole in the ork bomber-starship. Surely it couldn't hold up against them forever- why, it didn't even generate as much electricity as a MEHN megacorvette!

Migwazza grimaced in surprise as the first shots connected from what was, by ork standards, coward range. Zoom N Boom rocked- two heavy impacts from the lead TOE fighter's guns rang against the shields with a ringing "Pew! Pew!" Flare and shield scatter lit the cockpit windows in brilliant bursts of turbolaser green.

"Dose're some kinda big zappaguns, boss! Dunno what ta do!"

"BOYZ! LET 'ER RIP!"

Zoom N Boom's gunners opened up in all directions, a large fraction of them even opening up towards the MEH craft. Dakkaguns, 'eavy shootas, deffguns, megablastas, qwikfire killkannons, looted Klavostani rayguns, looted Haruhiist Missile Massacre pods, Bragulan K-bolters both looted and bought fair an' square... da works.
Like this, only with rocketbullets and zappa. And more of it. Lots more.
MEH doctrine said the carriers should provide electronic warfare support, luring the missiles off target and smack into their own massive point defense fits. In the event, there weren't any carriers within a million kilometers- Admiral Beose could hardly be expected to devote one of his handful of precious carriers to intercepting a single, scrawny little attack craft. At that rate, he'd run out of carriers to spare real quick. And there were some other orkships, bigger ones that might be real combat units, inbound. So let the fighters deal with it alone, that was what they were for- brushing small fry aside while the warships beat up on the skinny little excuses for "battleships" the people in this galaxy seemed to like to play with.

Zoom N Boom shook in all three dimensions- possibly into the fourth dimension a little when some of the fringe fields from the ray guns got tangled with each other. Against imaginative pilots, it could've been downright challenging, with the TOE fightas zipping past the plasma megablasta grids, tying the ray projectors into knots, poking fun at the missile racks, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. The fighters had the technical capability- powerful engines, powerful guns, powerful shields. Speed and firepower in spades, it said so in the official propaganda pieces... but agility?

They could have done agility; the tools were there. What they didn't have were the pilots. The MEHnoids didn't quite grasp that the fireworks display coming off Zoom N Boom was a threat seriously intended to kill them until Second Element's wingman ran into a missile massacre. The Haruhiist weapons' targeting and ECCM had been brutalized by the crude improvisations Shroombad's meks had used to shoehorn it into the bomba, but against a target that flew in a nice, straight line like a placid yet heavily armed cow, they didn't need much of either.
Trained to rely on the carriers that simply didn't exist in numbers enough to support him, betrayed by a fleet and nation that always left their plans about one third thought through and two thirds carried out, Pilot Second Class Zap Blubbergut was first to fall in combat against the WAAAGH! at Wolf 359. He tried at the last minute to knock down the incoming missiles, got one with the first pair of disruptor cannon shots, and then screamed in alarm as a pack of the things fell on him faster than his guns could recharge.

The first missile didn't break his fighter's shields, nor the second, nor the tenth. But Haruhiist Missile Massacre pods were infamous for their proprietary malletspace munitions storage techniques, and there were plenty more where that came from. The twenty-third direct hit leaked enough blast through to torque the fighter's lateral stabilizer out of line, spinning the fighter broadside-on to the rest of the salvo. Forty-one missiles later, Zap's fighter was a riddled wreck, its cosmomech droid blown apart and its main reactor going into emergency shutdown.

A hail of dakka from a dozen gun stations along Zoom N Boom's flank finished the job of tearing the TOE fighter apart.

The flight lead's reaction was perfectly audible to the orks' broadband radios. MEHmen disliked lies, deception, and dissimilitude of all sorts. It was only natural for them to have a passionate loathing for encryption. A necessary evil at best, and why would you need to hide the communications of your glorious fleet from the enemy as it came to kill them?

"Aaaah! Evasive pattern Delta-Five!"

Now the three surviving MEHnoids started trying to duck and weave. Their own shots no longer came in quite so steadily, but the superheavy fighters' stabilization systems were still keeping the fire on target; the cosmomechs would see to that even if the pilots wouldn't. The "pew pew" fusillades kept ringing off the orks' kustom force fields as the TOE fighters dived out of the way.

This would have done them more good had the orks not already been spraying fire in all directions. Another MEH craft fireballed as it reached closest approach, flying directly into the path of a truly inspired bit of dakka designed by one of the WAAAGH!'s most promising junior meks...
Nevah Enuff Dakka!
...and the surviving two hit turboboosters and ran for it, not even trying to spin round and continue their disruptor bombardment. The orks kept firing after them until it stopped being fun, of course- no more kills. Still though, it was a nice start.

Migwazza chuckled. He'd sure shown those tellyvishun-stealin fatnecks a thing or two. Time to check status. Gunners... zog it, so many of 'em he could afford to miss a few. What really mattered was Da Bomb, and the bomb bay doors. That meant calling Gorthunk.

Gorthunk. Callsign "Killboy." 67 confirmed kills, includin' 43 actually belongin' to the enemy. 36 sorties flown, 36 replacement fighta-bombas drawn afterwards, and 36 major bionik surgery procedures. Indeed, Gorthunk was more machine now than ork, twisted and clunky. But for a non-mek he had a strange affinity for complicated machines with lots of whirring bits and light bulbs, probably because he was one. So Migwazza picked him as bombardork, responsible for making sure the dropping mechanism worked on schedule while Bitzgrub and his trusty Sheppohumie sidekick made sure Da Bomb itself would work.

"Oi, Killboy, dis is Migwazza. Everyt'ing OK down dere?"

"Still checkin'. Dat was a lotta zappa."

"We's gettin' close, so you get on it fast!"

"Right, boss!"

Recommended Listening

"Boss? Drop point comin' up, I got da target on da forward radar." Migwazza grunted and shouted into the speaking tube for the bomb bay.

"Release first safety." Safeties were, in general, un-orky. But Da Bomb was no ordinary exploding roundish thing; even Shroombad couldn't argue with having something to keep Zoom N Boom from accidentally dropping Da Bomb in the middle of the Deff Star. And if Shroombad said it was OK, then it had to be orky.

Zogg, one of the new guys he'd recruited from the homelands, shouted over the growl of the engines. "First safety released!"

"Release second safety!"

This time Gorthunk the bombardork answered. "Second safety released."

"Check da bomb doors!"

The cybork sounded... disturbed.

"Not workin', boss."

"Zog!"

"Whut?"

"Not you, ya git! Try da doors again! Harder!"

This time there was a metallic clank as Killboy struck the switch with all the force of his artificial arm.

"Still nuffin."

"Zog it! Take da spare controls, Zimgrod! I'm goin' down dere an' fixin' it myself, an' Gork ha' pity on da git 'oo gets in my way*!" Migwazza leapt to his feet and began a ferocious, stomping charge down to the bomb bay.

*This is a particularly ferocious curse in ork language; the deity known as "Gork" is known for a variety of things, mostly involving brutal cunning and sheer physical might. He is not known for knowing the meaning of "pity;" indeed, everything in Gork's mental dictionary between "overwhelming force" and "raze it to the ground" appears to be missing.
_________

"Oiii."

Migwazza stared at Da massive Bomb, and the tangles of circuitry and hydraulics above it. He knew Bitzgrub usually didn't want things arcing and sparking while they were running, so that spot up there had to be the problem. But how to get to it... he'd have to go out on Da Bomb itself to reach it.

He grunted and set his hand on the railing, ready to climb out and fix it, or at least punch it till it stopped muckin' about. But someone was behind him, shouting something. He turned to look over his shoulder. It was... Bitzgrub's sidekick, Budd the Sheppohumie!

"I can fix it! I can fix it!"

"You sure?" He was just a humie runt, nothing special...

"Yeah, boss. I got this."

Migwazza peered down at the Sheppohumie. The deranged, cheerful light in his eyes wasn't quite orky, but it was very, very close. Closer than he'd ever seen in anything human. Obviously Budd hadn't tapped into the WAAAGH!, he wasn't green enough, but he was... was it even possible to be possessed by the Spirit of Boom?

Maybe so.

"'Ere. You better take dis." Migwazza grabbed his own horned helmet and slapped it down on Budd's head. He'd need all the help he could get, and you couldn't go far wrong with a good hat.

"Heef! Thanks!" Budd seemed almost to levitate as he spun round and leapt off the squigwalks, running along the upper surface of Da Bomb.

"Drop point in 'arf a minute."

"Deir shields iz up."

"More TOE fightas closin' in."

"Where da zog iz Boss Migwazza?"

Migwazza grabbed Zimgrod by the forehead and yanked the back of his head against his seat. "Right 'ere, ya grot! Now let's drop dis t'ing!"

"Grugabugloo... buh, right boss!"

Migwazza vaulted back into his seat, took over the main controls, and listened in as the bombardork counted off the time.

"Doors're open, boss! Quarter minute... little longer... just a bit... 'bout now!"

Migwazza's hand slapped down on the biggest red button of all, the one covered by a clear plastic cover to stop anyone from pushing it accidentally. Naturally, he forgot to take the cover off, and his hand crushed through the cover in the process.

The fighter jerked as if kicked by a deff dredd, the huge coiled springs in the bomb bay booting Da Bomb out and down, away from Zoom N Boom as the looming figure of the star destroyer Invincible Megadeath XVI and the blue-cheese marble of the planet Sloth grew in the windshield.

Migwazza yanked back on the stick, angling his engines up, up and away. He didn't want to be anywhere near Da Bomb when it went off, and he knew that meant legging it away from the way they'd been going as hard as he could. It also meant... oh zog.

"Bitzgrub! All power to da tail force fields! NOW!"

"Right boss!" There was a thunderous crackling sound in the background and some screaming gretchin, but Migwazza didn't have time to worry what the zog was goin' on back there.

Everyone who wasn't busy with the shields rushed to the tellyvishun monitors Bitzgrub's meks had wired to dakkamera mounts in the rear of the bomba. Nobody wanted to miss the boom. Migwazza, of course, had one of the screens in his own cockpit, and kept one eye on it while he weaved Zoom N Boom through the maze of immense habitat platforms and titanic orbital megafarms that supported the planet Sloth's massive population. The pursuing TOE fighters seemed to have mostly given up, though he was still taking blasts from some of the gun platforms.

Zimgrod and a few of the other lads had their eyes riveted to the monitor.

"Dere it is! I see da bomb! It's on course!"

"You see da humie?"

"Yeah. He's... wavin... da helmet."

"Oi! Got sumfin on da radio! It's Budd!"

"Whut?"

<"YEEE-HAAAH!">

"Waitaminute. Bitzgrub, you did remember to arm da fuse, right?"

"I... think so..."

There was a blinding flash, and a deafening report. Never before in the history of the MEH civilization had their worlds known such exploding megatonnage, not even during that bizarre experimental physics mishap that converted the entire passenger complement of a luxury spaceliner into antimatter. Which had produced great, great megatonnage indeed.

Even from the other side of the planet Sloth's close-orbital zone, Migwazza could see the objects in front of him glow sun-bright from reflected flash. He could feel his bomba's kustom force fields screaming under the distance-attenuated load. Could feel radiation pressure slamming his ship hard enough to create vibrations in the hull. Audible vibrations.

There was no sound in space. Until now. Now, there was sound in space. Because Da Bomb was just that big.

It was beautiful. It was glorious. It was stunning. Especially stunning.

Zimgrod groaned. "Urgh... I t'ink my brains got turned inside out or sumfin', boss."

"Good. Now check da target!"

"Hmm. Not seein' da target. Must be lookin' in da wrong place. Um. Er. Wait. No, big star over 'ere, little red star over 'dere, glowy green nebula... nope, I'z lookin' in da right place. It ain't dere."

"Could dey 'ave snuck it away at da last minute, all sneaky grotlike?"

"Nah. Iz a fattieship, boss. Too heavy. We'd've noticed."

"So we blew it to zog and gone, den?"

"Sure looks like it, boss."

"WAAAGH!"

"WAAAAGH!"

"WAAAAAGH!

"Plus odder good news, boss, I t'ink da blast fried da TOE fightas."

"Heh, heh. Dey can dish it out, but dey can't take it!"

"I t'ink we just gave 'em more'n dey could take, iz all."

WHAM! "Shaddup!"

The ship trembled.

"Talk ta me, Zimgrod! What's dat!?"

"Uh, prob'ly some'a dem gun platforms, boss. Dey's got shields 'bout like ours, and I bet dey're madder dan a face-eater squig right now."

"Let 'em. We done good today."

"Hey, boss?"

"Yeah?"

"What about Budd?"

Migwazza paused. He'd last seen the Sheppohumie hammering away at something with the helmet... standing on Da Bomb... an' if he hadn't been there, that would have been where Migwazza would've stood.

Kinda spooky, when you got down to it.

"Ya know 'ow back in da old, old days, when a great warboss died, sometimes dey'd 'ave a big fire ta remember 'im?"

"Yeah." That was ancient orky kultur, but the Yellas still shouted tales about it once in a while.

"Well, I don't reckon little Budd's gonna complain about da size of da fire."

The smartboy grunted reverently. "You got it, boss. You got it."

"Fer all 'iz squishy 'ide, he was green, 'ard green inside."

Zimgrod nodded and sniffled a bit. "Yer a better ork dan I am, Budd McLean."

Migwazza let the smartboy get away with that, without smacking him. It wouldn't have been right to smack him for saying something ridiculous then, it'd spoil the moment.

Of course, the MEH had no sense of glory, or of the consequences of spoiling an ork's moments in combat, and soon interrupted the impromptu memorial service with a barrage of light turbolaser fire. By now, Zoom N Boom was already receding into the distance, and the vast majority of destructive energy thrown at them simply missed... but one thing the MEH wasn't short of was fuel to waste shooting at targets that no longer posed much of a threat.

And there were a lot of turbolasers firing at the bomba.

"We're hit! I got fires in engines one, two, tree, muck it, all of 'em!"

"Zog! Leg it!" Migwazza bounded out of the pilot seat, letting Zoom N Boom veer crazily across the sky to throw off the fatties' gunners, as he charged toward the bay that stored his boys' very special escape capsules.

Just because they were flying a big, clumsy bomba for this run, didn't mean they couldn't haul their fightas along. Zoom N Boom had done a good job, a zoggin' good job, and he'd flatten any little snotling who said otherwise. But it'd do Migwazza's soul good to get back into something more manueverable and mix it up proper-like with those TOE fightas and stuff.

Migwazza had not yet begun to fight!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

"My fellow citizens. At this hour, Murcan and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Ayrak, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger.

"On my orders, coalition forces have begun striking selected targets of military importance to undermine Mahmud Jihad's ability to wage war. These are opening stages of what will be a broad and concerted campaign.

"More than 35 countries are giving crucial support from the use of naval and air bases to help with intelligence and logistics to deployment of combat units.

"Every nation in this coalition has been coerced to bear the duty and share the honour of serving in our common defence.

"To all the men and women of the Murcan armed forces now in the Middle West, the peace of a troubled world and the hopes of an oppressed people now depend on you. That trust is well placed.

"The enemies you confront will come to know your skill and bravery. The people you liberate will witness the honourable and decent spirit of the Murcan military.

"In this conflict Murca faces an enemy that has no regard for conventions of war or rules of morality.

"Mahmud Jihad has placed Ayraki troops and equipment in civilian areas, attempting to use innocent men, women and children as shields for his own military. A final atrocity against his people.

Image Image

"I want Murcans and all the world to know that coalition forces will make every effort to spare innocent civilians from harm.

"A campaign on the harsh terrain of the nation as large as Cunnyfornia could be longer and more difficult than some predict and helping Ayrakis achieve a united, stable and free country will require our sustained commitment.

"We come to Ayrak with respect for its citizens, for their great civilisation and for the religious faiths they practise.

"We have no ambition in Ayrak except to remove a threat and restore control of that country to its own people.

"I know that the families of our military are praying that all those who serve will return safely and soon.

Image Image

"Millions of Murcans are praying with you for the safety of your loved ones and for the protection of the innocent.

"Our nation enters this conflict reluctantly, yet our purpose is sure. The people of Murca and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder.

"We will meet that threat now with our army, air force, navy, coastguard and marines so that we do not have to meet it later with armies of firefighters and police and doctors on the streets of our cities.

"Now that conflict has come, the only way to limit its duration is to apply decisive force and I assure you this will not be a campaign of half measures and we will accept no outcome but victory.

"My fellow citizens, the dangers to our country and the world will be overcome. We will pass through this time of peril and carry on the work of peace. We will defend our freedom. We will bring freedom to others and we will prevail.

"May Jeebus bless our country and all who defend her."

Somewhere over the Ayrak-Pelania border

SGT Chet Fisto, Murcan National Guard was about to get rewarded for his heroism. The reward included a thirty kilogram backpack, a weapon and an express ride into Ayrak, where a war was going on - a just war to freedomize the people there.

Chet Fisto loved to freedomize people, especially if they were brown people who couldn’t defend themselves. Ayrakis, though? They were three meter tall man-beasts who suvived by eating scorpions and poisonous snakes. They even had nyukyular weapons!

Chet Fisto was not a man easily scared, or at least he liked to think himself as such. And right now, he was scared out of his fucking mind.

A red light came on over the door. The general sitting across from Fisto stood up with a smug grin on his face. He was still wearing his dress uniform, with a prominent empty spot on his chest where a medal was missing.

“We’re almost there, soldier!”, the general said as unreassuringly as he could manage, “Time for you to show these Ayrakis what’s what!”

“Wasn’t I supposed to be part of a team? Some special forces whatnot?”

The general’s grin somehow got even wider, “But you are! The 1st Very Special Operations Batallion! Unfortunately the entry requirements are very strigent, so you’re the only member. What can I say, you make war with the army you have, not the army you want.”

“You fucker!”, Chet Fisto spat in the general’s face, “This is a setup! The Almost Sovereignest Citizen will hear of this! Just you fucking wait, you...”

Fisto did not finish his screed, for the green light went on, and the general personally shoved him out of the airplane. As the greatest Murcan hero plummeted to the ground, trying frantically to figure out how to open his parachute, he could almost hear someone yell after him.

“Say hello to Mahmud Jihad from me, shithead!”

Somewhere in Western Ayrak
Two weeks later

Freedom was hard work. Chet Fisto knew as much. But, as he had just found out, he ain’t seen nothing yet. Ayrak was opposed to freedom on a fundamental level. The zeitgeist of its existential imperative was thoroughly directed against the common forms of Murcan perceptions of reality.

Or something. The sun was getting to his brain, which was shrivelling up from the dehydration. SGT Fisto has miraculously managed to land after being shoved out of the airplane, despite never having trained with parachutes before. He planted a flag in Ayraki soil and declared mission accomplished, just to show up that smug general that whatever the system threw at him, he still was a True Murcan, overcoming all adversity with rugged self-reliance and Murcan ingenuity.

Unfortunately, the Ayrak-Pelania border ran through the middle of a desert. Returning to base was kinda difficult. He’d call for extraction, but somebody forgot to provide him with radio batteries.

After a few days, the good sergeant ran out of water. He knew, of course, that is has been adequately demonstrated by animal research, most mammals are capable of survival without food for much longer period than without water. Lack of hydration led to many severe health effects. His own research proved that consumption of bodily fluids could be used to extend survival times in critical situations...

Suddenly Fisto was glad for his degree in alternative homeopathic medicine. Lieberal lies had their uses, apparently, as vile as they were. But where to find bodily fluids to consume? In two weeks of marching through the frying pan, panting and sweating and eating his own shoelaces (because somebody forgot to pack him food as well. The pack he was lugging contained 25 kilograms of Mama Googe sixty-cal rounds and 5 kilos of spare shoelaces), the nearest he found was a slightly bloodstained helmet. He still licked it clean, but it wasn’t enough. Not nearly enough!

Many species of land animals native to the desert developed capabilities to survive without food or water for extended periods of time. If he could only find one, Fisto could use his extensive knowledge of zoology to extract precious bodily fluids from it! But first he’d... just... rest... a bit...

Before the greatest Murcan hero collapsed, his deranged and shrivelling brain had heard the strangest sound ever.

“MOOOO!!!!”

He raised his head, which he was just about to lay on the magnificent, soft, white pillow which somehow found its way to this place. And saw... a land animal adapted to life in the desert!

“MOOOOOOO!”, went the supple beast. It was tied to a stick in the ground, which made it an excellent source of... bodily fluids.

Fisto licked his cracked lips and cocked his Armalyte. Yes... he would feast soon!

No! Wait!, his brain screamed, If you shoot it, you will only get enough supplies for a brief time. You should take it with you and use it as a constant source of fluids!

“But how to extract them, brain? How to extract bodily fluids from a living animal without killing it?”

Why... it has a natural release valve! Go find it!

STG Fisto leapt from his concealed position and approached the animal in a hull-down posture, scanning his firing sector for enemy combatants. Ready to deliver fire from defilade, he slowly reached up and began groping the surprised animal between the legs until he found what he was looking for.

Yes! Now drink! Drink as much as you can!

He squeezed. The beast looked down, hanging its head upside down to see what the strange man was doing. Fisto shook and pulled and squeezed vigorously but nothing came out. Nothing! Then he realized what he was doing, after the animal made a funny but satisfied face.

“No! NO! BRAIN! How could you have lied to me?! It’s not a release valve! That’s a motherfucking penis!”

His own brain turned against him, trying to turn Chet Fisto, proud Murcan, into a zoophilliac hombortionist! No! It had to be punished!

“I am going to kill you, brain!”

You can’t do that, the brain answered, You need me!

“No I don’t! I’m a Murcan, we are self-reliant and don’t need brains!”

I dare ya to try., the brain mocked him. Chet grabbed a rock and stared at it threateningly.

“How’s that, huh?”, he hit it with his forehead, “Want more, you fucker? Take that!”, he yelled again and hit his head several more times. He suddenly felt dizzy. Blood oozed slowly down his face. He smacked himself one more time.

As he passed out, he could hear his brain laughing. Fuckin’ laughing.

I can do whatever I want to you, fucker.

Chet Fisto collapsed into a slowly growing pool of his own blood.

Oho, Murca
Roach City Motel
Some two weeks earlier

Joey was watching a football game, drinking proper Murcan drinks like cheap beer mixed with steak gravy and alcohol-enriched wine from gallon-sized plastic bottles, when somebody knocked on the door to his room.

The fuck do they want?! he thought angrily. It was late at night, and a man was entitled to some rest after a hard day praying at church and running away from honest enterprising young men trying to steal his car. He yelled a bunch of obscenities after tripping on the empty beer cans and opened the door.

His wife glared at him in the corridor. She was soaked to the bone, the proper body-covering dress dirty and muddy.

“What is it, woman?!” Joey yelled, “Why aren’t you in the kitchen?!”

“You left us at church, Joey! We had to walk sixteen miles!”

“Don’t mouth off! Back to the kitchen! And clean yourself up, you look disgusting!”

“SIXTEEN MILES, Joey! I’ve had enough! You’re pulling this all the time! If you can’t take care of your family, then maybe...”

Joey slapped her, before she said something she would regret. Mary Jane was a fine woman, good proud Murcan housewife, but she just didn’t know when to shut the fuck up. Joey had to take that responsibility upon himself, by making her shut up in those times. Mary Jane wasn’t like those stupid whores who couldn’t keep a man, oh no. Thanks to Joey! He was proud of how he ran this family. There was so much love here.

But his son, his own blood, shocked him by yelling, “Dad! What are you doing?!”

“Shut up, son, or you’re next!”

“Stop hurting mom! It’s you fault, anyway! You forgot us!”

“I said SHUT UP! MARY JANE, to the kitchen, NOW!”

The woman left the room, weeping softly and holding her face. At least she would remember the lesson. But a teacher’s work is never done - another lesson had to be made. Joey grabbed his son’s ear.

“You’re going to complain and whine like a little girl, huh? Oh, what is it, I had to walk sixteen miles? In my day, I had to walk fifty miles just to get to work, uphill both ways!”

“Dad! It hurts, let me go!”

“No! You are a whiner, and whiners don’t prosper! You need to man up, son! Daddy forgot his wallet at church, you will go and fetch it for him!”

“What? Dad, it’s dark and it’s raining!”

“SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BASTARD!”, Joey yelled at his son. He loved him, very much, but he really needed some discipline and self-reliance to become a truly manly Murcan man, “You will not question my authority! Move it, the day’s not getting any younger!”

Joey slammed the door shut in his son’s face. Yes, he loved his family, but they needed a lot of tough love, too. For their own good.

He made sure Billy Lee wasn’t standing in the corridor and instead doing what his father ordered like a good Murcan boy. After that, he finished watching the game, put his jacket on and grabbed a crowbar. He yelled towards the kitchen.

“Mary Jane, I have something to take care of. I want the house spotless after I get back!”

He heard nothing, which was good. The woman knew her place!

Satisfied, Joey went outside. It was getting dark, which suited him just fine. The dark covered the activities he undertook to raise revenue for his fertilizer business from prying eyes - those of lieberal hippies who could not take their life in their own two hands and make something of themselves. For Joey Jojo came up with a plan, a plan of his own making.

He stalked towards a small single-story house not far from the motel, vaulting the fence with ease. The home’s owner, Joey made sure to learn, had not employed the services of the local police company. He didn’t even have a dog! Nor a gun! Dirty commie probably didn’t even drink beer, so he deserved anything that happened to him. The cops would burn his house down soon enough, anyway. It would be a shame for all those goods to go to waste.

Joey went around the back, making sure to destroy some of the owner’s flowers as he did so. Only pussies grew flowers, and Joey was no pussy. He showed these little stupid green plants what was what. Feeling a bit heavy on the bladder after watching his game, he also gave them a little sprinkle just to mark his territory. That would show them!

“Teeheeheeheeehee!” He giggled as he used a door mat to get the crushed petals off his shoes.

But the time for fun was over. Joey stuck his crowbar below the window frame and forced it open before clambering through. He grabbed something in the dark, pulling down a shelfload of whiskey bottles and making them crash and break on the floor with tremendous noise. He then slipped, hitting his head badly on a couch and began to curse really loud. The owner’s canary also began making noise.

Then the lights came on. The home’s owner was standing there in a towel wrapped around his waist, yelling.

“The fuck?! Get the fuck out before I call the police!”

“Hah!” Joey screamed and tried to stand up, but slipped on the spilled whiskey and fell down again. It took him a few more moments to get up. “You don’t have an account with the police! I checked”

“Fuck you! I’ll just pay them out of pocket!”, the guy yelled and went for his phone. Joey froze - he didn’t think about that!

“No wait stop!” he tried to protest but slipped again, falling to his knees right on a broken bottle. The owner grabbed a phone and began dialing a number. He let go of his towel in the process, which fell to the ground exposing the entirety of his private parts. His penis!

“AAAAGH!” Joey shrieked in horror and grabbed the nearest broken bottle. He threw it at the guy, who was now talking with the local police company “Filthy homobortionist! Get your dick away or I’ll take it away!”

“Police? Some psycho just broke in and - YEEAAAAAUUURRRGH!” the bottle hit his crotch, and Joey was right behind it, waving his crowbar around. The bleeding naked guy staggered and looked down to see blood pouring down his groin. “YOU STABBED ME IN THE DICK!”

Those were his last words, as the next thing he saw was a crowbar going inside his eyesocket. Joey had to be absolutely sure the filthy pervert wouldn’t flash anybody else ever. He had to think of the children! The children who might one day see this vile beast’s penis! Who would get irreversibly homobortionized by the sight!

Blood spurted on the walls, bone fragments of the crushed skull scattered around the living room. The pervert protested feebly, but nothing could stop Joey’s righteous rage.

Well, nothing except an armored FriendlyPol SUV screeching to a halt in front of the house, right on the stomped-on flower bed. FriendlyPol was one of the leading security companies in this part of town - in fact, the only one, if you knew what was good for you. Other companies could never protect their customers as well as FriendlyPol: in fact, the competition’s customers were often burglarized or murdered in mysterious circumstances, so anyone with a brain went FriendlyPol.

The heavily armed officers knocked on the door right before C4ing them open to prevent evidence from being flushed. They stormed inside tacticooly, shot the canary to prevent injury to officers and finally saw Joey viciously desecrating the body of a naked man.

“FriendlyPol! We serve and protect with a smile! On the ground!” the leading officer yelled, pointing a gun at Joey - a gun with a little yellow smiley face painted around the muzzle. It was part of the corporate visual identity scheme.

Joey frothed at the mouth, but complied. The officers cuffed him and searched the house, only picking Joey up after it was deemed clear.

“So what the fuck happened here?”, the senior officer asked, while the other consulted the FriendlyPol database with his personal computer.

Joey frother and shook in righteous anger. “That fucker flashed his privates at me!”, he spat at the officer.

“And what were you doing here, huh? Murdering people? You like to do that, eh?”

“Why, I was, uh...” Joey began thinking very quickly for an excuse. That wasn’t right! The owner was not a paying customer! They shouldn’t be investigating!

“Hey man, this guy is not our paying customer,” the other officer said, having finished his database search.

“Oh. Fuck him, then.”, the officer let Joey go, “Why was he naked, anyway? The fucking pervert! It’s obviously self-defence from a sex offender. Goddamn homobortionists, running around everywhere. Good job, citizen!”

Joey sighed with relief that the police saw reason.

But the senior officer on the scene wasn’t done. “But that does leave with the issue of compensation for this intervention, doesn’t it?”

Joey scratched his head. “Uh... how about this widescreen TV?”

The officers checked out the dead man’s huge and expensive television, whispered for a bit and then agreed. They signed a quick agreement with Joey, who was now obviously the owner of all the stuff in the house by virtue of seizing it with violence, and drove off with their new piece of electronics.

Satisfied, Joey spat on the corpse and teabagged him just like what he always did in those ‘interactive digital military tacticool training simulations’, before proceeding to ransack the house to his cholesterol-clogged heart’s content.

He turned on the radio while he was doing that - and heard the horriblest piece of news.

“No! THE BASTARD!” Joey screamed in impotent rage.

Washingtoff, the Hill
Murca, Almera

“The fucker! The traitorous shitheaded shitpiece of a lieberal terrorist sympathizer!”, Thick Chinny was thrown the vilest, foulest curses he could think of towards Private Freedom Class Badley Girling, a young soldier who released some very embarrassing documents onto the Tubenet.

“Is it really so bad, sir?” Chinny’s aide managed to say without shaking in fear. “I mean, it’s just some soldiers goofing off...”

“What?!” Chinny rose from his desk, steam puffing from his ears, “What the fuck are you saying? Those were classified documents! CLASSIFIED! For the eyes of only the highest ranking commanders! You fucker, don’t you know the government must operate in secrecy? Otherwise the terrorists win!”

Shrubya cocked his head and interrupted the Almost Sovereignest Citizen. “Now wait just a minute Chinny, secrecy? Golly, we were supposed to be straightforward good ol’ boys! Honest and true like Honest Saint Murcan!”

“But we are honest, Mr. Sovereignest Citizen!” Chinny replied after getting over the shock such a poignant question caused. Shrubya was becoming too smart for his own good, he couldn’t stay the Sovereignest for long, Chinny knew he had to move fast. “We are honestly obscuring those images so that the terrorists don’t win!”

The aide couldn’t take it anymore and inadvertedly blurted out, “But why? How does this help the terrorists?!”

Chinny hissed at his aide and exposed his fangs. “You better shut your mouth. You shut your mouth right THE FUCK NOW or I swear to Jeebus you’re gonna be sorry.”

A puff of smoke came out of Chinny’s nostrils as he was saying that. The aide shook in sheer horror and nodded meekly, forgetting all about his feeble girly protests.

“That’s right boy, you listen to the good man,” Shrubya nodded vigorously, seemingly oblivious to what just happened. He was watching a brief video, one of many released by Private Girling. “Golly, Chinny, those really are embarrassing! Are those boys naked here? Why are they hugging each other like that?”

“You see, Mr. Sovereignest? The Ayraki terrorists could see this and be given aid and comfort in watching our young and precious boys like that! Private Girling gave aid and comfort to the enemy! He’s a traitor! A FUCKING TRAITOR!”

Even Shrubya was starting to feel righteous anger growing in his pants. Those sweet supple innocent boys, exposing their muscular bodies over dead Ayrakis and Pelanians! They’d be ruined by those pictures, ruined!

With his anger straight and rigid and ready for action, Shrubya slammed his fist on the desk, “No! I want Girling tried and found guilty! We can’t have such filth circulating freely about our glourious armed forces!”

Chinny slid a document under Shrubya’s ready and willing hand, “Sign right here, Mr. Sovereignest Citizen. Right here, and we will deal with the troublemaker.”

“We shouldn’t deal with him! We should kill him!” Shrubya blurted out. “He must not win at any cost. Where are his family members? Why are they not on fire?”

“Yes, that’s what I meant,” Chinny said grinding his fangs. “He obviously deserves to die. The others can come later.”

“Good! I’ll sign it!”

“Good!”

There was a pause.

“Here’s your pen.”

“Oh. Thanks”

Chinny hid the signed death sentence in his briefcase. The aide then brought up other items on today’s agenda, but none as important as the Girling Leak. There was a hurricane that blew away a coastal city, but it was full of poor people and thus not important, just a plantation full of (not-sand) diggers. Besides, the government shouldn’t deal with natural disasters, it was a matter for private charities. Then they were informed of an unexplained string of bear maulings throughout the world, but again, it was a matter for the citizens to handle by themselves.

Why is the boy bringing all of this up?” Chinny suddenly realized something He should know the new small government is only concerned with homobortionists and killing brown people!

Was the aide a secret homobortionist? Impossible! He was so servile and always did what was asked of him, even when Chinny surprised him in the bathroom he obliged to all requests...

“And the final matter for the Sovereignest’s attention,” the aide didn’t seem concerned about Chinny’s sudden silence - in fact, he seemed rather glad. “A group of womenfolk from Sillydelphia have announced the incorporation of their reproductive systems...”

“WHAT?!” in shock, Chinny grasped his chest, feeling it tighten all of a sudden. He pulled out a bottle of medicinal pills, containing dried bull semen extract, and started chewing on it.

“They say that ‘the Floordia Legislature - and extreme sovereign citizens across the country - are taking rules and regulation off of businesses and adding them to uteruses and vaginas and privitizing their bodies will mean that anti-homobortionist patrol groups will need warrants to perform search and seizure or vaginal forensic examinations,” the aide said. He cringed, fearing another outburst from Chinny.

But all Chinny did was laugh. He fucking laughed. And coughed and choked a couple of times, whilst grasping his heart, but a couple more pills full of bull semen extract gave him the pep to carry on staying alive. After he finally stopped laughing and wiped the red-stained tears off his eyes, he merely said: “Then, we’ll nationalize their uteruses.”

“But sir, nationalizing incorporations is an act of socialism, an act of big government. Our small inobtrusive government can’t do tha-”

Chinny shrieked in rage and threw a paperweight at his face.

“YOU USELESS SON OF A BITCH! If those uteruses get incorporated, I hope they start issuing lifetime warranties for their products, so they can have a factory recall and you can crawl back into the diseased piehole that spawned you and never be born! We won’t even need back-alley homobortions then!” Chinny’s airborne spittle was mixing with the dried up bull semen extract he was chewing in his mouth. “If we can’t nationalize them, then the glourious indivisible hand of the free market will provide! My company Bullyburton can stage a hostile takeover! I’ll buy those cunts out, just like I do my hookers and blow!”

The aide collapsed, holding his smashed face.

“And don’t you dare get any blood on my fucking carpet!” Chinny yelled, staining the desk with a strangely viscous mix of saliva and bull semen. Shrubya raised his head from the computer where he was reviewing Girling’s leak and stared at Chinny with disappointment.

“I mean the Sovereignest’s carpet!” Chinny corrected himself quickly “Don’t you dare stain that carpet, you girl! Walk it off like a man!”

The aide mumbled something, blood spurting from between his fingers. He managed to collect enough willpower to slowly crawl out of the office before passing out in front of the secretary.

“Kids these days...” Chinny shook his head “Can’t take a good beating like they used to.Whining and screaming after a paperweight to the face, sheesh. If he could only see what my daddy used to throw at me! Bah. Pussy.”

Shrubya scratched his head “I don’t know, Chinny, he seems like an okay guy. I think I’ll go give him a hug.”

“Screw him! Weren’t you supposed to take a vacation with your pal King Faph over at Camp Pelvis?”

“I might call it off, Chinny. I kinda sorta feel I am over there too much, I mean what would the people say?”

“Oh, don’t worry,” Chinny grinned and patted Shrubya on the back “I’ll hold down the fort for you. Nobody will notice you are gone.”

“Golly! Thanks, Chinny! You are the bestest friend! You’re gonna make a great Sovereignest Citizen one day!” Shrubya gave him a Jeebusian Side Hug.

You have no idea

“Oh boy, I better get ready for my game then!” Shrubya exclaimed. On that cue, an SS man carrying his golf bag entered the room. Shrubya took a club out of the bag and gave it a wild swing, nearly hitting Chinny in the process. Chinny shrieked. “Oops, sorry Thick.”

“No problem,” Chinny muttered. He must know of my plans. He’s already trying to get me. I must get rid of him first!

“Well, I’m gonna be off now, Thick. Gonna try and go for a slam-dunkin’ hole in one touchdown, yessiree! Checkmate!” Sovereignest Citizen Gorge VW. Shrubya laughed good-naturely as he departed the Ovoid Office. He waved at Chinny one last time. “Tah!”

Now alone in the office, Chinny sat himself behind Gorge’s desk, imagining the time it would be his. That time would come soon. Yes, so very soon. He pressed a button to make sure the doors were locked. He placed his feet on the table. Then he looked at those videos, leaked by Badley Girling, the very same ones Shrubya was watching a while ago. Thick Chinny gasped as he saw the moving pictures. These materials were classified, and that traitor had the gall to leak it and give aid and comfort to the enemy when it was meant to gave aid and comfort only to high-ranking Murcans who had the proper security clearances.

Like him.

Thick Chinny was aided. He was comforted.

So very comforted.

JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

The Inhumanist League

Shroom Man 777 wrote: "Your Majesty. Certainly, Bragule would be willing to aid your Formic peoples in their noble struggle break free from the shackles of the human hegemony. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. That is one of the purposes of the Inhumanist League, to either covertly or overtly support inhuman groups in gaining the liberty they've won for themselves, in creating their own outer havens. Covert support could involve giving material aid to your freedom movements. Overt support could involve political recognition, hence gaining legitimacy in the galactic stage. Bragule would do this, but I cannot speak for the other nations.

"Yet that is the point of the Inhumanist League. Where but here could you, Your Majesty, air your grievances to a listening audience? To the humans, whose histories are replete with the casual dismissal and neglect of inhuman races at best, and their outright subjugation at worse? Nay, for the human is perfidious and treacherous, and that is how he has stolen these lands in space from our people who rightfully lay claim to these lands and yet are banished and exiled to the nine vectors, casting our inhuman brethren into reservations and such. Our commonality is in our diversitude, which is the inhumanity we celebrate. Our commonality is in our shared disgruntlements for humanity's crimes against inhumanity.

"It is only here where we are accepted and free to speak of these agendas, which would outrage the human hypocrites even as they scheme and plot our downfalls amongst themselves. The Inhumanist League will be the beginning of a new age in cosmopolitics, an end to the galactic domination of the homo sapiens, the righting of all the wrongs in the past, the ultimate equalizer."
"Well put, Comrade," said the Hive Queen. "Truly, you are a credit to your people - themselves a credit to all nonhumanity." The giantic insect wiggled her antennae in a pattern that, to another ant, signified relief.

"I confess that I had not been sure of the reception our cause would recieve here. Too many of our inhuman sistern and brethren remain bound to humanity by false ties of tradition and ideology. As if any ideology could be more vital than Inhumanism! Revolution, my friends, is the way to the future; it is the way to the glorious Inhuman future where ant and bear and mongoose shall walk as equals over the corpse of humanity!

"Therefore, on behalf of the billions of Formics living enslaved to the human government of the Ascendancy, I thank you for the support you have already offered and which I hope will help us to bring about the total destruction of the life-form known as Man."
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Centralite Embassy, United Sectors
Unreal Time/Early 3401

The Centralite ambassador to the United Sectors was bored.

She couldn't remember when was the last time anything interesting happened in the United Sectors. It was a too typical day for her taste. She wanted something big happen, damn it!

She sighed and decided to take a walk through the embassy grounds.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

IQ: INHUMAN'S QUARTERLY

BRAGLALEIKA CAMERAS

One of the more unusual vanity products in known space, the Braglaleika is quite a hyperspace rarity indeed. It is one of the few cameras in the galaxy that still uses the ancient medium of film. Not digital imaging nor holographics, but actual honest to goodness film stored in rolls and developed in blackrooms, like what our ancestors did more than a thousand years ago! It's something you'd otherwise find in a primitive pre-space planet, or in a museum filled with ancient treasures from millennia ago. But it's here, it's now, and it's in serial production and sold in... well, you'd have to look far and wide to find a place selling one of these old babies, so just trust me, it is being sold in some stores somewhere out there in the wide blue yonder.

But first, you ask, who would be crazy enough to be making these things in the 35th century? Why, ask no more, cause there's only one answer to that question!

The Bragulans.

Braglaleika cameras are made in the planet Braglaleika which, according to the Galactopedia, 'is a rustic place known for making quality film cameras, due to its diverse environment many Byzonic entertainments and propagandas (which are the same thing, really) are also shot on location there, it is a world of artists and the Braglaleika Film Festival is favored by the Imperator himself - the Galaxy's Greatest Artist.' These cameras use old fashioned optics and lenses to take their shots, and while you might think these things would be obsolete compared to the modern photonic apertures everyone uses, the crazy bears have somehow made them work just as well as their more modern counterparts.

The Brags still use optics in all sorts of things, even in their military gear, so they've really had to work hard to make sure their little lenses stay competitive with the gaping apertures everyone else is using, which means their little lenses aren't so little anymore, they're actually rather large lenses. Using dulling-edge microdot technology the film rolls they use can take thousands of high-quality shots, maybe even millions, because the microfilm rolls aren't really that microscopic either, they're as big as beer cans. The whole setup has a multi-spectral flash kit, a very simple version of the bears' infamous passive-aggressive gear, and it can be switched to X-ray flash if ever you want to take pictures of people's skeletons or if an inconvenient wall is blocking your shot, which is a very handy feature as any photographer would tell you.

The whole setup is locked up in a Bragsteel casing. It's quite heavy but at least that makes it bulletproof, just what a photojournalist or a war correspondent needs. It's very durable, which is quite a relief when taking into account the radium battery powering the massive thing. The battery has enough power for... well, let's just say that you can use the flash as a spotlight and keep it on for a whole month. Keep some Arcturan Mega-Turkey eggs under that light and pretty soon you'll have some hardboiled eggs omeletting your walls.

The Braglaleika is available all over Bragspace, it's pretty cheap too if you're a bear. But if you're a human and want some piece of this retro-nuclear piece of work, you'll have to pay the price, and it's tantamount to selling your soul. Because the only distributors of the Braglaleika in human space, or at least this side of the K-Zone is....

The Byzantine Imperium.

Yes, the Byzantines. As in, the purge the heretic, kill the xeno, burn the witch-ing Byzantines. How? Why? When? What? You ask? Well, according to the unofficial literature, a bunch of Rogue Traders were commissioned by some decadent noble in the Imperium to acquire the Braglaleika. Apparently the decadent noble was a connoisseur of the strange and the unusual, and wanted the bear-camera for its uniqueness. What other interstellar nation uses film cameras in the 35th century (or the 34th century, back then), after all? So the Rogue Traders did and got the man a camera, bought them in bulk even. But the Byzantine Inquisition would not such an unholy xenos artifact into the sacred space of the God-Emperor's dominions.

Unless...

Unless they had the Tech-Priests of Mars (no, not that Mars, nor that one, but that one) sanctify it. By coating the unholy Bragulan steel casing with a layer of blessed gold, before engraving the insignia of the God-Emperor on the precious metals and adorning it with iron Aquillas and skulls and banners and spikes and all that jazz, the whole works. To make a creation of the xenos acceptable for human use, according to Byzantine traditions written by the God-Emperor itself, the Braglaleika had to be bathed in the blood of the alien before it could be used acceptably. Something about xenos tools only being acceptable if an equal amount of xenos blood was shed to make up for the blasphoritous misgivings of something-something. Good thing the Byzantines have a lot of Tau blood stocked up in their fridges. It's medicinal.

Anyway, these ritualistic sacraments made the Braglaleika kosher in Byzantium, but these ritualistic sacraments were also very, very, very expensive and so to make up for the costs, the disgustingly wealthy noble who purchased the Braglaleikas decided to sell off some of his extra cameras at ridiculous prices. Strangely, these products sold very well amongst the similarly disgusting wealthy noble elites of Byzantine society, no doubt marking them and their already hedonistic practices in some Inquisitorial list bound in skin...

After a series of unrelated heresies brought about the downfall of the unnamed wealthy noble who originally bought the Braglaleika to Byzantium, the rest of his collection somehow managed to make it into the international exotics market - the Bear cameras included. By then, in the interest of variety, the noble had customized some of his Braglaleikas, replacing the Aquilas and God-Emperor insignias with another nonetheless very Byzantine aesthetic design.

The Skull Camera, made from real skulls! From the heads of heretics. The most sought-after one is said to be made out of the skull of the very same noble who owned them, and is rumored to be in the possession of the Inquisitor (now Lord Inquisitor) who brought about his downfall.

The Byzantine Braglaleikas are some of the most expensive things. Ever. No longer just because of the absurdity of the whole Bragulan cameras using ancient fossil films, but gradually over time the sordid history of the cameras in Byzantine hands added a whole 'nother dimension to them.

Even with the whole new glasnot and bragstroika deal the Bragulans are pushing forth, the vanilla Braglaleikas are probably not going to be as valuable as the cameras covered in the skulls of heretics and bathed in xenos blood. Of course, that means more people can actually afford Braglaleikas that aren't mangled by cyborg Omnissiah worshippers and covered in banner-spike-skull-bannerspikeskulls on spiked banner-skulls, etc. And despite all the litanies and sacraments, those golden Aquillas don't really make the cameras take better shots (it's totally just for vanity, and religious fanaticism) unless you want to bounce the flash off the gold and jewels. The Skull Braglaleikas' spitting-out Polar(bear)oids from the mouth function is pretty nifty though, but not worth the thousand-plus Thrones or Imperial Marks.

Another upcoming Bragulan camera that's almost as good as the Braglaleika but much cheaper is the Cannonry.

It uses mostly similar optics, lenses and microfilms as the Braglaleika, but the main difference is that the Cannonry uses lens casings and camera casings from Bragulan firearms. Cannonry is actually the same manufacturer of video recorders that double as RPG launchers. Rumor has it that Cannonry cameras are the IBGV's favorite photographic instrument since they can be easily improvised into deadly weaponry. The only perceivable downside of this is that the savings gained from recycling weapons is off-set by the need to register your camera as a firearm.

With the changes in the market, the emergence of newer and cheaper brands, it is expected that the marvels of Bragulan film cameras will be far more accessible to people who can't afford obscene Bragulanized-Byzantinized atrocities.

1.) A Bragulan animal photographer takes a picture of a human larva.

2.) Byzantine Techno-Acolytes examine a big Braglaleika prior to sanctificating it.

3.) The Skull Camera. Made from real skulls!

4.) Cannonry.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

The Bragulan Economic Exposition Extravaganza of Friendship (BEEEF)
Vlyadibragstok, Southeastern Severnaya Sector / just beyond Northwestern Lena Sector
Unreal Time / October-December 3400

Fulcrum and Dash spent the trip to the first Inhumanist League meeting reading the transcripts of it so far (since of course the IBGV was carefully monitoring the entire thing). The two of them chirped and cheeped in their broken semi-code, which now included some actual code to hopefully make things more confusing since they had time to devise a few things.

“Lotta wanna slaughter-up bald ape-guys. For what?” asked Dash. “No badder they than anyones else.”

“And waste much,” added Fulcrum. “War not to kill dangers, or keep...dangers...from coming, but because theys thems.”

“How fight true problems when weakened by fake?”

“Yes! Exactly!”

“Then why us ally?”

“Like bird when what moves to home new. Make first friends with nearest nestmates, and then bird known by all shipmates. Can make new better friends later, if first not good. Maybe even move nest to nicer compartment with five lovely lady birds!”

“So, so jealous,” Dash said, because he was. Fulcrum had shown him pictures. “But, what do? If 'allies' wanna us super-kill bunches too for dumb waste war?”

Fulcrum skimmed back over the transcripts. He was still wearing the ushanka (no one having removed it or suggested it), so he allowed himself to think about his real real mission. Wouldn't it be something if he managed to accomplish both the real and real real on the same day? Just getting the first was good enough, but both? As good as making himself the only male nestmate of five lovely lady birds. Maybe even better (but probably not as sexy). He was so excited that he could shriek. So Fulcrum did.

Even their driver, safely behind a Bragsteel door, winced.

“I have an idea!” Fulcrum declared.

“Yeah?”

“Focus unproductive energies on productivity! If they must fight, direct them to battle against that which must be destroyed! Turn the bad into good!”

“...not following,” said Dash.

“You will soon hear, my friend, when we reach the meeting! Then you will learn! Everyone will know!”

“Good, great, but, stupid chat we return, yes yes?'

“Yes, yeps.”
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Salin City, Republic of Crevecia
Hart System, Sector O-7
Unreal Time/Early 3401

The Republic of Crevecia was a small human nation, controlling one solar system, that had seen its democracy degrade to the point that a significant portion of its political establishment had become corrupt parasites. The Republic was now impoverished, and many shantytowns surrounded the cities of Crevecia. In this state, Crevecians, disillusioned with democracy, were increasingly attracted by authoritarian ideologies and fundamentalist religion, leading to the formation of armed groups attempting to overthrow the government. And now the disillusionment spread to the military, who were planning to overthrow the government. Fearing that a pure military takeover may end up backfiring, however, they cut a deal with a certain political party...

The President of the Crevecian Republic was busy playing miniature golf in his office when the door burst open.

The Chiefs of Staff and a black-suited man were facing him.

"What are you doing here?! You should have-"

The black-suited man interrupted him, "As of this moment, you are relieved from the Presidency, your Cabinet will be removed and Congress shall be dissolved. The Republic will make do without the likes of you. My Party shall free the State from you and the rest of the parasites."

The President was furious. "How dare you!? I am the President! This is sedition! Guards!"

The guards arrived, but their guns were pointed at him.

"What?!"

The guards fired, leaving the President a bloody mess on the floor. His body was dragged out.

The black-suited man turned to the Chiefs of Staff, and said, "Gentlemen, we will have a lot of work to do. News of this coup will galvanize hostile groups against us. If we are to renovate the State, we must preserve it first."

"The guerrillas are a serious threat. We have been unable to prevail against them. This takeover should have been done earlier, sir. Already we have lost the countryside and several towns have fallen. Part of the military has defected. Nontheless, this struggle we can still win."

"Very well. I leave it to you to crush the guerillas. I'll be busy trying to renovate the State. You are dismissed."

The Chiefs of Staff bowed.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Inhumanist League

"Therefore, on behalf of the billions of Formics living enslaved to the human government of the Ascendancy, I thank you for the support you have already offered and which I hope will help us to bring about the total destruction of the life-form known as Man."

As Putyn welcomed the gratitude of the Formic Queen, a massive fist banged on the table and drew all their attentions. The blow came from the meaty hands of a creature whose anger at humanity was unmatched by any other being here in the first ever Inhumanist League meeting. Even the Bragulans' bear rage could not hope to equal his. Some, critics of inhumanism, would say that the aliens were merely envious of humanity's preeminent place amongst the stars and its unfairness. This indignant being was indeed green, but his greenness was not from that of envy.

His greenness was of fury.

The Vinaran prefaced his statement with a roar to stun the assembled aliens to silence.

"AAAAAH!!!!!"

Then he began, articulating with an urbane and erudite sophistication unlike most of his kind.

"I was sent in a capsule from a place long from here and I came here for one reason: to attack humanity and keep coming. Not to ask but just to give. Not to want but just to send… send the power of the Warrior down the humans' throat in Umeria till they become sick of it. Well they’re gonna get sick of it because this freak of nature right here is just beginning to swell. And when I get big enough, brother, there ain’t gonna be room for anybody else but me and all the Vinarans floating through the veins, and the power of the Warriah!"

His screed was incomprehensible. As he ranted on and on, the anabolic gland in his third testicle swelled and swelled, causing his muscles to grow and grow until his pants erupted, leaving him clad in only his tiny tight purple undergarments.

"I look above to the gods, and when you fall below the skeletons of the humans past, the power of the Vinarans will become the eighth Wonder of the Universe!" Nobody knew what on Bragule he was saying, even he himself probably didn't know what he was saying. But they loved it. They cheered him on, and so he continued. He told them, in his own way, on the preparations the Inhuman nations must undergo. "How must I prepare you must ask yourself. Should I jump off the tallest building in the galaxy? Should I lay on the lawn and let it run over me with lawnmowers? Should I go to Genoa and let it trample me with raging Karlacks?"

He continued on, speaking of his religious revelations, much to the befuddlement of the onlookers.

"In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, as they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Vinaran Warrior, they told me ‘Exit stage spinward! Exit stage coreward! There is no place to run; all the fuses in the exit signs have been burned out!’"

He spoke of his family life.

"The family that I live for only breathes the air that smells of combat. With or without the facepaint I am a Vinaran Warrior!"

He told them of his arduous journey from Vinar to Brag-space.

"Full of the juice to carry the spaceship as far as it wants to go!"

Then he spoke of the inhuman peoples' manifest destinies. The conclusion all of his prior statements had been leading to.

"I can smell it... it is in the air... the cosmic powers of Vinar... the radioactive clouds of Bragule... the rings of Chamarra... the boiling heat of Char. Something's gonna happen, Vinarans. I can feel it. Vinarans, I need not Earthquake insurance. I need not health insurance. I will never need life insurance. For the Vinarans all know, the life that flows in their body IS NOT THAT OF THE NORMALS. The marrow in these bones is of a different composition. The blood in these veins is of a different consistency. The brain waves in my mind are of an unknown frequency. The muscles that the Vinarans attact themselves to is of a different structure. Not even Umeria... not even Anglia... not even a UN-natural disaster, can stop me, as I take the Vinarans and fullfill the Ultimate Destiny."

He bellowed right in the face of Putyn. By now, his anabolic gland's secretions had caused him to grow in size twicefold so that he dwarfed both the Bragulan and the Formic Hive Queen. His bellow and spittle-shower threatened to rip the fur coat of the bear, and the ant's carapace was almost peeled off like a shrimp's. But before their visages melted from the Vinaran's awesome display of real ultimate power, he finally relented and collapsed back on his chair.

His eyes rolled back in his head, his body sagged and began to shrink to its original size, drool started dribbling from the corner of his gaping mouth.

"Phew. That was pretty intense," Putyn pawed his face, making sure it was still on. He addressed the other aliens, who were still trying to figure out what had just happened. "I think we have covered a lot of ground in this first ever session of the Inhumanist League. Let's have a short recess to contemplate what has been said and done, there is tsvagna and vodka cigarettes available for everyone. We will meet again in a few minutes to continue the conference, where we will be joined by representatives from even more inhuman comrades. Da."
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Battle of Zebes, Chapter Thirty-Four

Post by Simon_Jester »

Patriot-class Heavy Cruiser USS Layla Daniels
Flagship Umerian Contingent
2125 Hours

Vice Admiral Wenli Yang was, of course, strapped in and ready to button up, but he still had time to finish his tea before the situation got serious. Regs be damned, he wasn't going to let a cup this good go to waste; he wondered idly if his flagship's namesake and inspiration would have approved.

Layla Daniels was the twelfth ship in SpaceSec service named for one of the premier Umerian naval officers of the Golden Age. A rising star in the old Stellar Patrol's atomic torpedo cruiser fleet during the late 28th century, Captain Daniels' long patrols on Space Security Force's had carried her across much of the Spinward Expanse. She'd even picked up an honorary knighthood after a series of hard-fought convoy battles along the Grand Coreward Trunk. While stodgy Altacaran precedence-hounds muttered darkly at the impropriety of it all- 'only honorary-' her crews took to calling her "Dame Layla" almost at once. The nickname stuck, and returned, on and off, to the Space Security Force vessels named for her in the centuries after her death.

The old girl was nearly ready to fire on one of the splinter fleets of the Zebesian center- they had the range, but, a few more minutes' transverse engine burn would let them put the Zebesians in range longer. Vice Admiral Wenli Yang was just as happy to wait those extra minutes. Haste would make a lot of waste here- his three heavy cruisers had combined main battery output that would do a battleship credit. His best asset, if he could just get them into a good firing position and keep them there.

The comm window flashed- the SCIENCE! officer with his report.

"Yes, Dr. Jazlics?"

"I'm sure of it- the ships in the enemy's center have been using ULTRAWAVE projectors!"

That, Wenli recognized. The standard Umerian sidearm was an ultrawave beam weapon. He knew how they worked, even if he couldn't hold a beam on target long enough to be more than a nuisance with them. But still- the admiral rubbed the back of his head in consternation.

"I thought those didn't scale to modern-quality naval armament, not since the Chrome Age..."

"Whoever built those ships found a way. I'd love to get my hands on one!"

"They have a bad habit of blowing up."

"Dammit!"

"We're heading into a beam duel with them; can you do anything for our defenses?"

"I've uploaded a shielding scheme already, focus for the 30-60 eV octave. That should be about right."

"Will it give us much extra protection?"

"Only... I'd say two to three percent. Don't try anything dangerous on my account, sir." The SCIENCE! officer cackled faintly.

"I won't." In the movies, once you knew how the enemy's weapons worked you could make them useless. Reality was rarely so cooperative...

Recommended Listening
Get the Cannon ready... and why do we have to wear these ridiculous helmets again, anyway?
Modified Battleship CNS Frod
Ion Control Room
2126 Hours

"Main fire control has a stable radar plot."

Commander McCune nodded. "That won't last."

A spate of nervous laughter ran around the room. Everyone was shaken by the captain's summary executions- Ensign Heaviside couldn't speak for the others, but he knew damn well he was just keeping up a front.

Three dead just to hurry us along... Of course, of course, when needs must, men were but grist for the mills of the State, and all that. But seeing good old Walbic, the endearingly klutzy hydraulics specialist with the ant farm in his quarters, taken out and shot just like that, chosen entirely at random... it really got the gut churning.

But you had to do the job, that was the point. Everyone else was, so he had to do it too- couldn't let them down. It was his turn on the cutoff switch, so for now he didn't have anything to do, but... well, whatever the official reports said, Heaviside knew damn well that the Cannon wasn't ready for prime time. Everyone liked to talk about how it had higher beam current than any particle weapon less than four times its size in the galaxy, how it put more power on target than even the Umerian weapons it was designed to counter.

They talked about it, of course, and it was true. But no one liked to talk about how much of that rain of ultrarelativistic repleted uranium ions poured into the walls of the pipe the beam ran through.

Heaviside made sure to keep a ready hand near the scram switch at all times. Just in case.

"Do we have subspace targeting?"

"Subspace signals are... locked."

"Copy that. Bridge clearance?"

"Main gunnery has us cleared to fire, captain's lockout is clear. Target is enemy battleship, we are turning to bear now."

"Beamline check."

"All magnets within parameters for 100% power operating point-" and Heaviside winced. They'd rewritten "acceptable parameters" six times during testing of this thing; the magnets were never as close to spec after a test firing as they were before, they just weren't factory-fresh anymore. The system was still good enough to fire though. He was sure of it. You had to make do with what you had.

"Status on electrostatics?"

"Ion generation is green, ion containment is green."

"Synchrotrons... ah, stepping up power, we've got some unexpected twitches, well within parameters. Synchrotrons are go."

"Multiplexer array is... green." Was that uncertainty in Lieutenant Johnston's voice?

"Acceleration cavities are green, Q-factor is within parameters."

"All stations report clear to fire, sir."

"Acknowledged. Commence primary ignition!"

There was a lot of noise from the Cannon- occasional shudders in the deck as switching elements did their best to handle the massive current, resonant frequencies making various bits of the ship vibrate in tune to the beamline. As close to the barrel as Ion Control was, it wasn't exactly comfortable. But Heaviside's lips skinned back in a wild grin; if it was bad here, how much worse would it be for the Zebesians on the other end of the beam?

Destroyer CNS Carpenter
Attached to Task Group 17
Pursuing Fleeing Zebesian Squadron
2128 Hours

White flash, polychromatic rainbow off the Zebesian battleship- gradual rise in spectrum from the third layer of shielding until it popped in a flash of soft X-rays, all in the space of seconds... that ion cannon was certainly impressive, Leander would give them that. Already hammering at what was supposedly the fourth-and-final line of defense. Still though, something about the thing made him nervous. Just as well it hadn't been installed on any ship of his. Experimental modifications were one thing, but shouldn't the systems integration and beta testing be done before taking the ship into combat?

What to do- Captain Sollen over on Stalwart hadn't given the order to open fire, and rightly not; plasma gunnery would be damn chancy at this range. Probably come soon, though...

And yes, the man running this was a captain, not a flag officer- that, too, was off. Liggs had ordered them in, yes, but Task Group 17 was the screen elements for the battlecruiser Trogdor. Commodores and up were short; too many of the fleet's senior officers were on the heavy ships, the ones whose drives hadn't been ready in time. That left TG 17 and its friends without benefit of a flag officer of their own. Captain Sollen was a good skipper, but untried at running more than a few ships at once. Not good.

This had all the makings of a good, solid, old-fashioned clusterkriff; too many ships, not enough flag officers, ships not accustomed to working together.

Theoretically, sound. A standard binary-tree squadron was supposed to be interchangeable with others of its kind as long as there was someone in position to take command.

Practically- impractical. Liggs looked able to keep his end up when someone dropped a formation four times the size of anything he'd ever managed before into his lap. Was Sollen?

Play the margins, improve the odds, first and always for the ship, then for anyone else he could bring out with him. Do or die, yes, but never go in with only one string to the bow, or with anything less than the best on offer to do it with. Firepower, targeting schemes- nothing to be done for it; Carpenter's crew knew the capabilities of those plasma destroyers of old, from a month ago at Hawk's Nest.

Information. That there was still time to do something about. Which ships were damaged? The missile frigates- did they have enough ammunition to be a threat? The Prussians might have some helpful stories to tell. With any luck, someone over there was still...

"Com-scan, tightbeam to Second Fleet battlecruisers, eighth squadron- there. Request update on the status of the group we're going after. If you can't get anything out of them, go to Prinzregent Luitpold."

The Prussian flagship wasn't missing too many bits; he'd put fairly good odds on there still being an intact chain of command over there, hopefully someone grateful enough to tell a ship from their rescuers something.

Patriot-class Heavy Cruiser USS Layla Daniels
Flagship Umerian Contingent
2129 Hours

Wenli gazed at the thin line of actinic blue stretching back from one of the Zebesian battleships to the Centralist ship Frod. Umerian tactical displays were quite good at showing the pertinent information about a stream of charged particles, so Wenli could see a lot.

"Those are some of the bravest men I've ever seen."

"Sir?" "Sir?" "Sir?"

The admiral checked the setting on the comm.

...Did I just say that out loud to my entire flag bridge staff? Oh god. He clasped the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Er, look at that beam halo."

That got him a chorus of "...Oh. Wooow." Wenli nodded. It was impressive, in a horrifying way, how much leakage the Centralists were getting.

"I hope the battle ends before they burn out the barrel on that thing. I really do." Wenli returned his gaze to the plot. The range was close enough, the angle likewise, they had a decent firing position and it wouldn't get much better.

Spinning channels round to the task force unit push, he gave the order. "Capital ships open fire, target enemy battleship. Screening starships to fire on lighter enemy units, cutters to starburst away from the fleet to avoid main beam duel."

The hum of cooling fans and rhythm of machinery didn't really change much as the big Mark Elevens powered up. Baffling designed to keep direct hits from tearing the hull apart didn't transmit normal effects very well. But when you knew what to look for, you could always tell.

The Zebesian battleship ducked and weaved, and the Umerian heavies weren't quite shot in yet- still landing only a fraction of their particle bunches, and walking off the target in response to what looked like deceptive jamming. Not good, but the VLA drones' spectrographs reported that they were already chewing into the second line of the raider's layered defense, and the frequency shifts looked promising. Always nice to fight an enemy whose shields came in convenient color-code; you didn't see that technology around the Spinward Expanse too often anymore.

Yang scratched his chin. Now, are we shooting at their flagship, or is this their other battleship?

Type 22 Core Ship, Serial Number 12E886C8
Flagship Boskonian Core Subfleet
2131 Hours

Curses!

The Umerians had nothing more massive than a cruiser- but the combined fire of their three spinal beam ships' proton cannon directed against his own flagship was turning out to be a frighteningly close match. Even with his own projectors raving back at their utmost intensity, the Enemy wasn't giving ground at a satisfactory pace. Wasn't giving ground at all; the Umerians seemed all too eager to test their skill at long-range, high-mobility combat against a new, unknown foe.

It was a meeting engagement, and bound to be a short one, but the Enemy admiral had placed his ships too well- keeping out of their torpedo range blocked his shortest path to the hyperlimit, leaving him with light-minutes to go under fire from their particle guns. Cosmog would wager much on his ships' superior astrodynamics in hyperspace, if he could just get out...

"Third screen down to seven hundred angstroms... Burnthrough. Enemy firing on wall shield."

At a range measured in light-seconds, the Enemy cruisers were uncannily frustrating targets: not as agile as his own ships, but far, far closer than the heavy, bricklike Prussians could manage. The Umerians darted back and forth in eye-watering lateral curlicues, throwing off veils of deceptive ECM from the grids of drone platforms surrounding their hulls. Even with light-speed weapons, his macrobeams weren't scoring the same kind of reliable hits against these targets as they had against the Prussian battleships.

At first, some of the flagship's main battery gunners had tried for component shots. It was tempting- the Umerian ships' drive nacelles were exposed past the edges of their bow armor, and burning out a few would make them so very much easier to kill. But the engines were small targets, covered by shielding in their own right, and all too close to the edge of the target profile from this direction. The battleship's captain had soon ordered the gunners to go back to aiming for the center of mass... and there, all his own gunners could see to shoot at was the massive slab of armor covering the Umerians' bows.

From any other angle, the Umerians would surely be easier to crack than the heavy units of von Mückenberger's fleet that had so frustrated his will earlier. But those bow shields- too much like the damnable Prussians. Too much like them indeed, with their lurching, zombie-like indestructability!

Nor was the Enemy content to resist the Boskonian fire. They made daring reply with their heavy spinal particle guns. Already, Cosmog's flagship was down to its very wall shield, but that held firmly in the orange. Nothing to worry about just yet. Yet as his battleship found itself well matched against the Enemy proton gun-carriers, the humans' nine lesser ships raked his own screen and the sole Type 31 battlecruiser still accompanying him with their electron beams. Some of them were down to the last line of defense too, shields radiating anywhere from yellow to aqua.

And that was distinctly worrying. Cosmog had little interest in a fair fight at the best of times, let alone now...

Missile Frigate Gacknik
Out of Ammo and Running Away
2130 Hours

"Wow, look at those Kavoolites go! Go crazy feudal alien guys! Woo! Woo! Woo!"

"Hey, maybe they'll all concentrate on the weirdships in the middle and leave us alone... oh crap. That vector over there... Here they come!"

"Lemme see, Nugak! Lemme see!"

"OK, OK. Zark." Nugak gestured in exasperation and slid aside so the others could see the fire mission monitoring display.

"Er, um, two cruisers, call it... five smaller ships and about a hundred forty of those heavy-fighter things. Chief, ever seen these guys before?"

"Nope. Probably more humans, there's a ridiculous number of the bastards. Hmm, lemme check Gloobl's... OK, weight class, signature, no they're too heavy to be Spacefrench whatever those are... um no, Hruhists would be missile massacring us by now. Hah! Umerians!"

"What'd you call- Umaroons? Never heard of 'em."

"Me neither. Wait. Crap. Waitaminute. Waitaminute. You heard about those big lance-ships the Idurans have, right?"

"Oh Zarquod, the Idurans are jumping us too?" Nugak, like most Urtraghans, was only dimly aware that there were a ridiculous number of big human empires out there in the galaxy, all feuding among themselves and stuff. But the Idurans were immediate neighbors- well known and well respected.

"No no no. At least, not that I heard. But I heard from a Gron guy on leave planetside a few years back, uh... yeah. Anyway, if I remember what I heard from the reptoid, and you gotta remember he was pretty drunk, these are the guys who built the big CareBearStare guns for the Lancers."

"Eeep."

"These ships aren't big enough to be Lancers though. Those bastards are what, four glarp long? And the, Um...er-i-ans, what a horrible name, they left the big ships behind to go fight the guys in the middle. So we won't be up against any guns that big."

Nugak shivered. Sure, not that big. Then again, Gacknik wasn't exactly big enough to be, um... something that could handle getting shot by a Lancer.

"...aw man. I hope the admiral doesn't use us as bait or something."

"Eh, it'll be OK guys. Just hang on."

Nugak wished they still had some missiles to shoot back with. This stank! They'd been winning a minute ago, and now everything was going wrong!

Kadabra*-designation Warcruiser Anxo
Flagship Eoghan Contingent
2120 Hours

"Look! Profiles off to dorsal, the ones von Musel took on earlier. Like the warp strafers we saw before?"

Pdeudemar perked up, mind racing as his eyes twitched to the flashing rings of a new contact. Interesting. Probably the same ships. He hoped so. That lot of Zebesians were already damaged from a long battle against the Prussians' best. But assuming they were cripples- not smart. Be ready to snatch the prey, but be careful and watch for a poison sting- always best.

"Go and find out! Cruisers advance openly, let them get a good look at us. All weapons, fire as you bear, hold remaining torpedoes in reserve." They'd run through far, far too many of their limited supply of aether torpedoes trying to bring down the Zebesian hyperspace interdictor array. It'd been a desperation move, all they could manage, and what few the squadron had left he wanted to keep well buried for emergencies.

"Copy... picking up signal pings; we'll be spotted soon." Pdeudemar's cruisers were fairly visible, even doing their best to disappear in the confusion. The rest of his squadron- stealthier, easier to hide. The frigates were big, but well and truly cloaked: designed to make it into lightning gun range before being designed, and that was not easy. The destroyers were a bigger detection risk, but smaller, and their plasma torpedoes didn't need to get so close in.

"Push the escorts ahead, all possible stealth, frigates and destroyers on separate vectors... so and so." The mongoosoid expressed that last with two sweeps of the paw through a motion-sensor; context-sensitive neuro-enhancements and the flagship's computers took care of the rest.

*Author's Note: Don't ask me where the designation came from; I never asked

Disruptor Cruiser Ludelatar
Temporary Flagship, Kavoolite Contingent
2121 Hours

"Picking up six contacts, light warbird tonnage. Having trouble identifying... tentatively Eoghan warcruisers." The sensor teams had probably had to do the job with translated copies of Jayne's in their laps. That wouldn't be in the ship's standard identification database; the mongoosoids had come a long way to make war on the people of the shoals.

Eoghans... if their warcruisers wereon the scene, they probably had their destroyers and superfrigates lurking about. And his own battered, half-blind ships would be hard-pressed to spot the stealthier light combatants till they had a firing position. Not good. Mostly exotic-beam armament, also not good... then again, casemate and spinal guns rather than turrets or software-steerable weapons like his own disruptors and phased-array lasers, which was good. But first he'd want to knock back their heavy units. His own warbirds were close enough in quality that he'd have been willing to chance a beam duel with the invader's cruisers one on one, with fresh ships. But not at two to one, and not with the damage they'd taken from the human missile attack.

"Squadron torpedo attack, designators to start on targets one and three, switch to two and six at three quarter point. I want status updates on all ships' Hulartik drive."

Tense seconds as antimatter torpedoes were prepared and checked, crosstalk between the ships as the warbirds with weapons to fire consulted with the cruisers that still had the illuminator beams to steer them with. Once again Delion wished the cruiser's flag bridge had survived the final clash with von Musel. It was an unpleasant challenge trying to keep track of the squadron's business on a crowded bridge preoccupied with the business of torpedo direction- having to provide subspace targeter beams to both her own launches and a half-salvo from the heavier Ravadrex.

All the captain could spare was a few signals ratings to man the comms while the rest helped line up the designators. That would need to be enough. Delion didn't have a channel set to address those operators on his own; he walked to their board rather than startle the team handling the upcoming launch with a general announcement.

"I need a tightbeam to the Gron flagship."

A petty officer nodded, keeping her eye on the console. "Of course, Your Excellency."

"Signal is: "Adjust course to fleet relative sixty by seventy-five. Hold fire repeat hold fire until I give the order."" This time, he wanted his foe to use standard missile defense tactics. One of them making an unexpected move to duck a plasma bolt at the wrong moment... the torpedomen would do their best in that case, but not nearly as well.

"Incoming from enemy cruisers, twelve rounds, ETA thirty seconds."

That came from behind him. Delion spun- it must be their heavy axial guns- and very deliberately walked back to his seat and strapped in. Walk, not run, never run.

The admiral suppressed a flinch as the salvo approached- those screaming hypervelocity slugs reminded him all too well of the Prussian ships that had savaged his squadron in the long pounding match earlier today. For now, they went wild- long range and routine random evasive burns made any ship a difficult target, so long as it could still move and fight at all.

The second Eoghan volley didn't do much better- only one hit of twelve. That hit, though, smashed into a Gron plasma destroyers and ripped one of its forward-reaching arms away.
Now blow one of the arms off
While the bulky saurians labored to keep their ship from faltering entirely, Delion kept a close eye on the progress of his torpedomen. They were nearly ready- very close... the actual launch was a surprise, one Delion perceived as nothing but shifting status lights on a computer monitor. The lightweight torpedoes didn't make much impression on the firing ship, and Ludelatar's launch capability was small for the cruiser's tonnage in any case.

The weapons picked up speed quickly, finding and homing in on the brilliant flashes created by their motherships' designator beams. He could feel the cruiser's crew laboring under tremendous strain; the crosstalk between Tactical, Signals, and Sensors rose to a continuous chatter as the handoff came steadily closer. The torpedoes kept homing on the pair of cruisers his squadron had picked out for them. Would they make the turn...? NO!

Delion damned his luck, and hoped for a better result than he'd expected.

Eoghan Warcruiser Carme
2128 Hours

Knowing nothing about the Eoghan ships but the broadest terms of their weapons layout from public sources, Delion had expected the cruisers he'd targeted to swing broadside, bringing their more numerous flank weapons to bear and accelerating out of the line of fire. Someone more familiar with the Eoghan weaponry could have corrected him- had anyone been available to tell him about the technology of unknown aliens seldom seen in his native space.

Carme and Antía replied by turning into the attack, not slewing for the broadside. The quartet of turreted quick-fire railguns at the cruisers' bows chattered; countermissiles rained from their launch cells by the dozen, pivoting to boost towards the oncoming torpedoes. The ship's heavy kinetic javelin mounts rumbled as scrambling technicians reset them from wide-angle blasts, hoping to create walls of force. The technique had worked before, and here it would swat the tiny, elusive antimatter weapons aside in vast numbers. Well placed javelin shots were one of an Eoghan ship's best defenses against such an attack.

The technicians labored in vain, the countermissiles launched for nothing; Delion's plan worked better than he'd expected, and almost as well as he'd hoped.

The Kavoolite's underinformed assumptions about enemy reactions proved had been wrong in detail. His torpedomen adapted to the change of circumstances seamlessly. The Eoghans made the opposite moves to what Delion had predicted, but the consequences were much the same. The ships being shot at directly responded efficiently to defend themselves. The others, still caught up in the spirit of the chase and convinced the missiles had already chosen their targets, less so.

Kavoolite targeter beams had their drawbacks and counters- they were crude systems by galactic standards, almost Bragulan in their primitivism- but the tricks a good operator could perform with the semi-active weapons came as a major surprise for the mongoosoids. The torpedoes arced out and wide. Carme and Antía pivoted to meet them, still planning to take the attack on the nose. At which point the Kavoolite torpedomen switched targets, twisting their wepons aside in midflight to bear down on underprepared ships.

Cunedda and Iria's captains had known they weren't targeted, had fully expected that the same EW systems they'd rely on against the Centrality or Humanists would confuse the enemy missiles enough to force them to concentrate on their original targets. A feint and slash like this wasn't unheard of, but it was rare. Thinking they faced pirates and renegades rather than professionals with second-line equipment and first-line training, the independent-minded and overconfident Eoghan captains had simply dismissed the possibility.

Their cruisers were caught unready to face the attack- most importantly, their kinetic javelins were still set for antiship work, ready to fire on the Zebesian ships at any moment. Defense blasters and last-minute countermissile launches did their best, but like the Prussians before them, the Eoghans learned that the Imperial Navy's torpedoes were tough kills- narrow, evasive targets that cared little for the usual need to keep their target painted with their own active sensors. Too many made it in.

Antideuterium charges lit off, gamma-ray flashbulbs blasting and clawing at the Eoghans' shields, slipping through in places to scorch the metal underneath. The cruisers' bows took the worst of it; several torpedoes each made it into close-proximity and detonated, flaring down the shields and carving deep, glowing craters into the ship beneath. The charge coils for one of Cunedda's spinal mass drivers cooked off under the blast, ripping a further damage track back through the ship, but compartment walls held and kept the destruction manageable.

When the skeins of smoke and metal vapor settled, the Kavoolites' true targets could still move, and still fight- but they'd taken grievous wounds, with the loss of many shipmates.

This wasn't going to be an easy battle.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

30 August 3400
Orange Free System

Jan van Maan was doing some final checks through the corridors. Among other things, he had to make sure that the slowly increasing foul stench of hundreds of thousands of Khe!Srri spreading through the ship wasn't indicative of problems with the circulation and air purification systems. He was so caught up in his work that he didn't notice the figure walking to him until Kees poked him.

“WHUH!” Jan shouted as he bolted up.

“Ga! Josse said ya needed help, bru.”

“Oh.” Jan rubbed his face. “Yes, I could use some help. Do you know how to work this thing? Yes, just move it along the walls, like that, all four sides, and tell me if the indicator changes colors. Wonderful. This should go more quickly now.”

They went along for a while, Kees running the sensor along the walls and Jan checking other things, working in quiet but not silence. There were the usual sounds of a running ship, the rumbles and
flows and so forth, but now there was something else in the background: the moving masses of Khe!srri, their clattering on the floors and tapping on walls being transmitted throughout the ship. It should not have been able to travel so far, but there were so many of them, and more shoved in by the container-load. It was unnerving.

Kees noticed that Jan had an earbud in. “Bru, what's you hearing?”

“Oh, this? Dr. Sarevokerritch's lectures-”

“Who's him?”

“He's a xeno-socialogist of technologically-primitive species.”

“Uhh...”

“He wrote the book on the Khe!Srri.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, I thought with so many of them around I should review-”

“Can I hear?” Kees asked.

“Are you sure? It's really dry.”

“You got anything else?”

“Well, not on me.”

“'m sure.” Kees mumbled something that might have been, “Don't want to hear the prawns no more.” So Jan took the bud out and set it on the scanner, then turned it up for them both.
It is obvious, therefore that they are similar in society to that of an insect hive. The vast majority of them are worker drones, endowed with tiny mind, perhaps, but completely lacking in initiative. They require an overlord or master to ensure that they do more than merely eat and reproduce. This role is filled by their leadership caste-
“Bru, what's a caste?” Kees asked.

“Umm, it's like, well here he's saying that there's a special breed of Khe!srri that does all the thinking for everyone and they direct the rest. Most of them can't do anything without someone telling them to do it.”

“So...Orange got all leadership caste?”

“I...doubt that.”

In a moment of wisdom that can sometimes be accidentally stumbled upon by the innocent or ignorant, Kees uttered, “Then that's fookin' shit.

The intercom blared, “Son! You watch your language!”

“YOU'RE NOT MY DA! FOOK YOU!” Kees threw down the scanner and ran away down the hall.

“Jan! The speakers work! Good job hooking those up, meatbag!” The Captain said. “Oh, and when you're done there, Oatmeal needs his walk so go do that. I was going to ask my kid to do it but he's having a tantrum again. If you keep him from doing that, you might have less work to do in the future. Just a suggestion.”

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

3 September 3400
Orange Free System

The Captain sighed audibly. “One million, ninety seven thousand, two hundred twenty three...and oh maker are those eggs?”

“Eggs! I'm a fairy godmother again!”

“Shut up, Josse. Notsix my dear, are we through with the checklist?”

“Affirmative.”

“Good! Tanks full, last supply line dropped. Everyone strap in; we're getting off this rock. Oatmeal in his kennel? Good boy! Good boy! Who's a good boy! Yes! Be a good boy for me during the launch!”
Outside the former Angmarid freighter, now named The Captain II because he had to decide on something, the MPU gyrocopters waited. They were there to make sure that the ship went up as it should, to make sure no one got out alive in case it went down, and to strongly discourage ideas of going sideways.

The Captain said, both to the passengers on board and to everyone outside, “Beginning flight sequence! Twenty! Nineteen! Full contragravity online. Seventeen. All systems...oh forget it. Threetwoone let's go!”

The Captain II began to rise. It produced a deep rumbling roar something between that of a whale's song and a sonic boom. Many unreinforced windows in Bloemfontein shattered.

“We have liftoff!” The Captain crowed.

And then a piece promptly fell off.
Oops.

Oops? Notsix transmitted back.

Oh, sorry. Did not mean to transmit that.

“Did not mean to transmit what?” Notsix asked.

Nothing, nothing. Nevermind, dear. I am a silly old CI.

“You're hiding something!” Oatmeal whined and the three other sentients gave each other very uncomfortable glances.

Love, you're upsetting the other meatbags.

“Please stop calling us meatbags! And please don't hide anything from me! We're married!”

Oh, our marriage is a scam to keep out of trouble and you know it. In fact you were the one who suggested it!

Notsix looked very hurt, but did not cry for she was a strong and stoic type. Also she had no tear ducts.

I'm sorry, my dearest armadillo. I didn't mean that. I am simply very distracted at the moment trying to get us out of this gravity well.

“Then what happened?” she asked.

A little something fell off, is all.

“What fell off?”

“We're fooked,” Kees observed.

“Oh everyone please calm down,” The Captain said to everyone. “It was just a little something hanging from the bottom, nothing important. If anything, it left us with a bit less weight, so we have a bit more fuel for our reserves, and we may need that. See? This could be a positive.” The observing camera picked up four skeptical faces. “We don't really need extra heat shielding.”

Three of the four faces were still skeptical but a little more satisfied. Kees asked, “So what fell off?”

“I just said-”

“No you didn't!”

“Son, I-”

“YOU'RE NOT MY DA!” He tried to pound the wall beside his seat but Josse and Jan were in the way.

“Eek!” Josse squeaked as his left fist smashed above her head, barely missing her large ears.

“Oomf! What the fook, Kees?” Jan said, after Kees' right fist punched him right in the ribs.

“Sorry, brus,” Kees said.

“I'm a girl!” Josse protested.

The Captain thought a sigh of relief to himself as the ship left Orange's atmosphere. What a perfect distraction. Worked every time.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Somewhere in the Outlands

The attack ship was on fire off the arm of Arayna. Wreckage was scattered by the solar wind, corpses cooled in the vacuum of space. The debris field floated around the shipwreck, accumulating in strange orbits as residual gravity from the dead vessel grasped on to them in vain. Red flags on the hull burned, the hammer and sickle of the revolutionaries was reduced to embers and blown away.

Near the craft was another, scorched and scarred but still whole. Stamped on its hull was the corporate logo of Van De Kraap. In its holds were precious minerals, conflict stones from the warzones of the Outlands. It was unarmed and bore the marks of forced entry. Atmosphere still leaked from some of its wounds. Yet it was still intact. The revolutionaries had tried to capture the ship, to take the illicit wealth it ferried for the bourgeoisie hoarders and redistribute it to stricken proletarian planets in need of the resources or revolutionary causes in need of funding.

What they hadn't expected, though, were Anglian Marines on board the Van De Kraap vessel. The boarders quickly found themselves on the losing side of the close quarters combat. They had expected a crew of bourgeoisie weaklings, not battle-hardened power armored soldiers of the monarchy.

A shadow fell on the smoldering attack ship's remains. A third ship approached from the blackness of space. It had waited for the revolutionaries to spring their trap on the Van De Kraap ship before emerging and delivering a rapid fire salvo with its triple-guns, disabling the attackers' vessel. Ambushing the ambushers, boarding their ruined craft.
That third ship was like no other, the shadow it cast on the rebel vessel might as well have been death. The captain and his nightmarish crew were without mercy, without compassion, with neither ruth nor soul. That they now conspired with the Anglian Marines and Van De Kraap would be a terrifying prospect for the revolutionaries were they not faced by far more nightmarish things then and there.

The dread captain and the damned crew of his hell ship went through the terrified survivors, between those who feared death and those who accepted their fates knowingly. The dread captain sifted them for information, prying their minds but finding them disappointingly empty. The useless were discarded, the useful were taken and turned, becoming one with the hell ship's infernal crew.

Its job done, it bade the Van De Kraap ship and its Anglian guards farewell, leaving them amidst the shipwreck and the floating carcasses. It departed back into the depths of space.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

CEID DIVISION 1
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT GROUP (RDEVGRU) MATÉRIELS DOSSIER
CLEARANCE LEVEL SIGMA INDIGO
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

SIG SAUCER P22Z PSI-GUN

The P22Z is a unique weapon made by Selindil Iiirthuu Gesellschaft. It is a hyper-compact autolaser with an exotic (and very classified) power unit and an intricate microcryosystem that current Solarian technology has been so far been unable to replicate. This unusually small package is capable of matching the sheer devastating outputs of much larger phased plasma weapons and far surpasses them with its unerring accuracy. This is because aside from being a miniaturized autolaser the P22Z also has an Apexai mental-interface system.

Positioned in key parts of the P22Z are Apexai psionic crystals that harmonize with the user's thoughts. The user, almost always a CEID operative, is given the requisite psionic weapons training necessary to wield the P22Z effectively. This involves connecting the mind to the Apexai crystals, allowing the weapon itself to 'see' what the user sees, locking on to the targets the user wishes to strike and allowing him to literally kill with a thought. For radically increased accuracy, CEID operatives trained in the P22Z can focus their minds to perceive with the sixth and seventh senses rather than the mere five, in a way similar to the weapon's original Apexai creators. The increased psionic harmony between user and weapon transforms the P22Z into more than just an extension of the user's body, making it into an extension of his mind.

A CEID agent with a P22Z.

Combined with the P22Z's stopping power and targeting system is the ability to fire off-axis in either rapid-fire autopulses or in scything autobeams. The weapon doesn't even have to be pointed directly at the target to kill.

An even deadlier variant P22Z variant exists for potent CEID psions. Refined Apexai crystals and a direct physical interface via a conducive polymetal grip allows the user to not only aim the weapon with but a thought, but also channel psionic energy into the weapon itself to dramatically increase the damage done by the autolaser, or refract the Apexai crystals to send the beams on curving paths around obstacles to strike the enemy. This requires intense mentallic effort on part of the user and is something the vast majority of psions are incapable of doing, and it is for this reason that this enhanced P22Z is only issued to the psion elite of CEID. The P22Z can also be slowly recharged by the user's psychoplasm, a less intensive process more doable for the ordinary psion wielder.

In the days of old, psionic arms much like the P22Z were the standard weapons of the Apexai. Only a few of these weapons exist today, mostly made by Selindil Iiirthuu Gesellschaft, an Apexai arms manufacturer based in Zedath-Kalesh. SIG Saucer makes the P22Z almost exclusively for selected CEID operatives, although a few samples have fallen into the hands of extra-governmental entities such as private Apexai citizens, affluent Solarian psionites, Cerberus Syndicate operatives, and other even less savory characters.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

The following secret messages were exchanged between the Centrality and the Republic of Crevecia on 11 February 3401:
To: Center of Foreign Affairs of the Centrality

To whom it concerns this,

The Republic is facing grave danger from anti-government forces that seek to destroy order in our nation. We seek support from the Central State in combating this threat to our administration. We await your reply.
From: Tagdef Borlon, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Centrality
To: Republic of Crevecia State Department

To whom it concerns this,

The Centrality is only too willing to assist a fellow State against the forces of anarchy. What do you require? Lend-Lease? Intervention? We await your reply.
To: Tagdef Borlon, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Centrality

The situation has not reached the point where armed intervention from the Centrality is necessary. Anything can happen, however, so all options are on the table. Lend-Lease is accepted, and I have taken the initiative of telling our ambassador to the Centrality to begin negotiations for a treaty of alliance and amity. We await your reply.
From: Tagdef Borlon, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Centrality
To: President of Crevecia

Ah, that was the reason your ambassador seemed so insistent in speaking with us! We will attend him shortly.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Somewhere in the Outlands

The door was broken open. The floor was strewn with broken glass. Tables were upturned, smashed into splinters. The walls were cratered, scorched.

The place was littered with tattered banners, torn and stained.

INHUMANISM IS FOR ALL PROLETARIAN COMRADE SPECIES

Bodies here and there were slumped or sprawling. The sight was inhuman.

They came at night. Amidst all the factions in the Outlands viciously vying for power, no one could tell their specific identities. The Inhumanists were caught unprepared and their rivals exacted their reprisal quickly and violently. Leaving only ruin in their wake.

FRIENDS OF INHUMANITY UNITE IN WORKING-CLASS CAMARADERIE

Those who came after were witnesses to a grotesque spectacle. A front row seat to the sectarian conflict that ravaged the Outlands.

Against the more violent, more vicious movements, the victims had no chance.

THE HAPPY PEOPLES CELEBRATE THE MULTINATIONAL DIVERSITUDE OF OUR MANY SPECIES

There was only one survivor. The attackers made sure that the massacre was the last thing he would ever see.

Someone called out to him, sought to help him.

They approached and saw what had been done to him.

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

THE END AND GOOD RIDDANCE
CO-WRITTEN WITH SHROOM
Shroom and I plead insanity for the following

The crew of the Lance of the Damocles arrived at Terra with great fanfare. The Ecumenical Patriarch Gregorios Innokenti himself came aboard the ship to greet the crew. He stood beaming as some of the dejected Tau were herded out into the vast hanger. There were many more Tau in fact deep in the ship, waiting to be ‘processed’. The Captain of the Damocles, Captain Heirnonymo Loquacius Dioceclitae Salutatus came forward to welcome the Ecumenical Patriarch aboard his vessel. “It is an honor to receive you aboard this ship, your Eminence,” as he kissed the latter’s ring.

“In the name of the God Emperor, I bid you welcome, Captain Heirnonymo Loquacius Dioceclitae Salutatus. You and your crew are to be commended for the Grand Act of Defiance displayed in Zorian space, the home of the human heretics who dared to defy the Will and Edict of the God Emperor. You have not only shamed them into inaction, but you have show them how impotent they truly are in the face of truly noble men. You have showed them their true selves; that they are the worst sort of pathetic decadent vermin of a human race who consort with foul xenos. Truly, they are a mockery of the human race who deserve nothing less than death.

“Even worst! You have paraded the Tau in front of them. These baseborn Tau! Feel their despondency! Feel their wretchedness! But pity them not! They only deserve to suffer the fires of hell! Their pathetic race is damned forever to suffer constant indignities not just at the hands of humans but even at the hands of fellow xenos. Our pet Bragulans have clearly done an exquisite job handling them, ensuring they get the treatment they truly deserve. May their eternal damnation continue forever, to only survive at the sufferance of humans and our pets. For their crimes, there can be no forgiveness, no pity, no mercy, or even a pittance of tears. There can be no salvation for them! Let them be damned forever! Let them never have a moment of peace and rest! They shall be forever dogged by the merciless vengeance of the God Emperor!”

And without hesitation, he walked forward, and took his staff and struck one of the Tau down in cold blood. He battered the thing until he was nothing more than meat and bones. “Never to forgive! Never to forget!” he bellowed. The crew cheered at the sight of the beating. For the Tau, they simply stared. They knew what was coming for them. This was only the beginning.

And the beginning it was. Soon after, the Tau were processed aboard one of the Inquisitorial fortresses in orbit. Some were shipped off to Imperial vassals as gifts to their leaders. In Cananaan, they were given to Guynald, who received them with such glee like a child who just received the greatest toy at Emperor Day. He apparently ran with such joy that he hugged the first Tau to land so hard he broke its back in half and suffocated it. Next, he ordered some of the Tau to breed so that there would always be a constant supply of them. They were kept in a desert reservation, and fed cactii just well enough to keep them alive. He then rationed them; every month, he would go prancing to the reservation, and then he would pick a random Tau. He would then personally supervise its torture, using the most medieval methods possible. Their screams filled the dungeon, and it was like music to Guynald’s ears. “The most glorious music possible”, he said. Then he would then think of the most devious way to have the Tau killed. Once, he had a few Tau hanging above bleeding drips of blood from a thousand cuts , while he had some Tau dance in the midst of the ‘blood rain’. He also had some Tau crucified and moaning and arranged in a circle around the them. He gleefully watched, laughing when some of them slipped and fell face down in the blood. “This is what I call, a moving work of art.” The Tau bleeding eventually died of course, while the others danced till they died of exhaustion. In some cases, apparently some of them slipped and fell and broke their necks, a small mercy.

Guynald had other ideas. In a rare moment of creativity, he decided to start a circus. His animals, were the Tau. They were made to perform incredibly dangerous stunts, but it did not matter one bit even if some of them died. On the contrary, the audience loved it when a Tau died. They roared with great approval, and demanded more outrageous stunts. Sometimes, Tau were even made to duel with animals, bare handed. Naturally, they mostly got mauled to death. Occasionally, some of the stronger Tau were fed enough so that they could actually put up a fight, delay the inevitable just so that the audience could at least have a chance to watch them die albeit in slower motion. A day in Guynald’s circus was never ever dull.

Of course, those were merely a subsection of the Tau given. A few Tau were sent to Jenova for weapons testing. The crazed Governor of Jenova in a fit of madness, decided to set free the Tau, and have his Imperial Guardsmen chase them to their deaths. The only problem was the Tau were running towards Bragulan lines. The Bragulans at first thought the Tau were fleeing back to enslavement under the Bragulans. In some ways they were miffed; apparently the humans’ treatment of the Tau were so bad that they would rather suffer the daily Commissariat beatings. They then decided to make sure the next round of beating would be so memorable that no one would deny that the Bragulans were incapable of ill-treating their own slaves. However, as they soon saw the Imperial Guardsmen chasing the Tau, they were confused and thought it was an attack and the Tau were a mere ruse. They exploded a nuclear mine, killing all of them and tearing a huge hole in the ground. Better safe than sorry, as a good Bragulan might say. The Governor of Jenova was said to have had a good laugh and praised the “excellent Bragulan fireworks”.

Rumor has it, that some of the Tau of the ethereal caste had their souls fed to the God Emperor. Apparently, they were some kind of delicacy akin to that of a Terran puffer fish; dangerous to taste, yet exquisite to savour. The God Emperor in some ways regretted not having some of them breed some centuries ago. He would not make the same mistake, twice. They were simply given the same treatment the Thought Bearers received; eternal enslavement. They shall forever be bred to be a delicacy for the God Emperor.

There was naturally some scientific use for the Tau. Some of them were used to test the latest biowarfare weapons. Ironically, one of the biowarfare weapons used was the near exact same one used to infect the Tau during the Imperium-Tau war. Some were used to see what effects warp weapons had on organic tissue, and were thus sent to the warp cannon testing range deep within Imperial space. Others suffered similarly hedious fates, but they will not be chronicled here.

STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Central City, Centrum
The Center Sector, The Centrality
13 February 3401

"But Mr. Borlon, that area is not safe for mineral extraction..."

"It will be safe, once you sign this treaty."

"You will intervene?"

"No. The decision is yours. So we expect you not to drop the ball."

"No, of course not-"

"Very well. You will sign here..."

Treaty of Cooperation between the Republic of Crevecia and the Centrality wrote:ARTICLE II-Military Aid

SECTION 3-Request for assistance in case of internal disorder

"In case of the Government of Crevecia facing a grave threat from internal disorder, and has been rendered unable to quell unrest by its own, it has the right to call assistance from the Centrality to aid the Government of Crevecia to restore order...
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

The Central Times

Dirad Kierger cancels his interstellar tour

The Dictator has communicated to Centrum that the time was not right for his tour and that he will return to the Centrality "in a moment". It has been speculated that the recent crisis in Crevecia has forced him to cut his trip short, and it has been rumored that he will meet with Government officials to discuss what to do.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Mandrell Mountains, Crevecia
16 February 3401

"Ambush!"

The convoy was transporting supplies to a military outpost in the mountains that was under attack by insurgents, but now it was attacked itself. Automatic fire raged between loyalists and rebels.

"RPG!"

Rocket projectiles streamed into the convoy, destroying vehicles at the front and at the rear. The convoy was trapped.

The slaugther took half an hour.

The insurgents, flush in their victory, stole the supplies that remained, and executed the wounded with no regard to their begging.

A few days later, the outpost fell.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Villa Straylight
Geosynchronous orbit over Solaris

The communicator chimed again, and Sidney sighed. “Let me guess,” he muttered.

“It's Lyra Saxon – again,” the unflappable voice of Dionysus answered before he could in fact indulge in speculation. There were traces of amusement in the CompInt's voice when he continued. “I would venture a guess and say she wants to talk to you about-”

“Yes thank you, I know what she wants to talk about. I'm not an idiot, I saw the same footage you did. Since you are, you know, me.” Ever since convincing Third Protocol to intervene so far from the organization's usual stomping ground, the mogul had kept a close eye on the goings-on in the former Outlands and its Wild Space surroundings. What he'd seen, well, it wasn't pretty. “Alright then,” he turned his chair around. “Patch her through.”

A hologram flashed into existence, displaying – predictably – the face of the Fair Solaris senator, red with anger and indignation. “Sidney, have you-” she began.

He nodded and cut her off. “Yes, I have.”

“The Imperium has-”

“I know.”

“Guynald has-”

I know.

“And do you still think-”

“Yes, I'm afraid I still do.”

“Then you're not going to-”

“I didn't say that.” He let a little reprove trickle into his voice.

“Oh.” Lyra Saxon paused, drew a deep breath and combed a hand through her hair. “So what are you going to do? Because this guy has got to go.”

He frowned a little. His voice quieted. “You do realize what you're asking, right?”

She hesitated, but only for a moment. Then her expression hardened. “Sid I'm all for peace, kumbaja, lions and sheep lying together and all that good stuff. You know that. But there comes a time- Yes, I know what I'm asking. Someone needs to put a stop to this guy and by Solaris' balls – if we can't do it on the record then to hell with it, you can damn well do it off the record. And don't try to patronize me right now, 'cause I know you've done worse for less.”

He shrugged. “I don't deny it. Guilty as charged. Just making sure we're on the same page here. I'd hate to end up Morville to your Henry II.” He saw she didn't get the reference. “As long as you think you can live with yourself in the morning, I'm game.”

She crossed her arms. “I don't like asking for bloody murder if that's what you're asking but in this case, yeah I think I'll manage.” Lyra gave him a look. “So, what next? Are you going to send that sniper woman you found in the boonies? Isn't she supposed to be an expert at this sort of thing?”

“Yes, but no.” He smiled grimly. “I've got something more appropriate in mind.”

Guynald's Castle
Cananaan, Wild Space

It stormed that night, and the ruler of fully one third of Cananaan was restless in his sleep. Finally he woke sweating, as if haunted by some fever dream.

Then the dream became real. “Guynald,” a disembodied voice said, hungry and contemplative. “King Guynald of Byzantine Cananaan.” A dark chuckle. “You have vexed the wrong crowd, oh King.” It spat the last word as if it were an insult.

“Who's there?” Guynald sat up, cold sweat running down his back. “What's this? Show yourself!”

“By your command,” the voice said, rich with brooding amusement. There was a contortion of shadow in the darkened bedroom, and then a stranger appeared out of nowhere, so swiftly and silently that Guynald barely registered he was there even though he was looking right at him. The crusader lord looked up into the masked and cowled features of a red-garbed giant. The giant's eyes glowed with a strange internal light. Twin blades were scabbarded over his shoulders. Micro-grenades covered his waistband and chest-straps. Holstered guns hung from his sides.

The man's appearance was enough to inspire fear in anyone but it was not that which filled Guynald with terror. The king knew he stood face to face with one of the legendary Maibatsu cyberninjas. These creatures were more machine than man; manufactured long ago by the Maibatsu conglomerate, they were an experiment gone wrong, an entire cave of elite killers gone apostate. By ancient edict the megacorp had sworn to hunt them down for their betrayal. They said the cyberninjas had gone extinct decades ago. Clearly they were wrong.

Guynald felt the giant's blazing gaze upon him. He knew that his features had been memorized and filed away in the master assassin's mind. “Guards,” he called. Then louder, “guards!”

“Spare your breath.” The cyberninja's voice was eerily resonant. If a shark could speak it would have a voice like that, Guynald thought. The assassin held up his hand, and Guynald fought to retain control as he saw his marshal's head dangling from tufts of bloodied hair. The giant tossed the severed head on the bed. Space slipped. It lurched, and then the assassin was suddenly on top of him and sticking something, a needle – no, a syringe! in him.

“What have you done-” Then the hurting started. Oh, it hurt. It hurt worse than anything the king had ever felt before. There was a burning in his veins, a rolling wave both boiling and freezing that spread through his body one agonizing inch after another.

Matsudaira remained atop of Guynald the entire time, watching with some glee as the nanophage spread through the king's system, jumping from cell to cell, transmuting his DNA nucleotide by nucleotide, gaining impetus as they ravaged his body with unbelievable speed. The cyberninja watched, fascinated by what he was seeing. It had been too long since his employer had made proper use of his skills, and though the faux-retro castle had posed little challenge to someone used to infiltrating high-security megacorp facilities it was still good to be back in the field. And with so interesting a mission no less!

Sidney had not asked the assassin to simply kill Guynald. His abuses had been too great, the affront too large. His theatrical displays of cruelty against humans and aliens alike had inspired in the ancient mogul a baroque cruelty, a demoniac artistry fitting the ostentatious mercilessness of the king himself. It was him that came up with the phage, nanostat immortality machines reprogrammed for an entirely different purpose.

The cyberninja grinned and with inhuman strength hauled the transformed king from his bed, threw him before the mirror.

Guynald, much reduced, howled as he realized the horror, the sheer desecration that had been visited on him. Unused as he was to the alien vocal chords the sound of his maddened anguish was reduced to a guttural whine.

Sanity left him. Perhaps it was for the best, for it was only then that the new shift of guards, fresh from finding the decapitated bodies of their comrades, bust down the bedroom door with lasguns at the ready. To their shock there were intruders in their lord's demesne, a giant garbed in red and – they realized with horror – one of the hated Tau. One of the guards lunged for the assassin but the cyberninja stepped back into the shadows and began to fade even as the man began his leap. His bayonet hissed through cold air, and a trace of something diaphanous as cobwebs. The cyberninja's malevolent hissing laughter echoed through the room as the others brought down the xeno, beating it with the butts of their rifles until blood flowed on the marbled floor. The continued beating it, demanding it tell them what happened to their liege. One of the guards produced a wicked-sharp knife and went to work.

The Tau's insane babble ended. The agonized screaming started.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Written with Fingolfin

Guynald's Castle
Cananaan, Wild Space

The sudden disappearance of King Guynald and the appearance of a Tau in his quarters was subject to rumors almost immediately, and the day after the incident the kingless court did gather to discuss the last night's most inexplicable event. Most notably, the sudden and unexplainable incineration of the Tau creature who had violated the King's sanctum. It was taken as a sign of the Emperor's favor, that a perfidious xeno was struck down by holy fire for trespassing into the sacred ground of a king who bore the divine right to rule in the Emperor's name. The guards recounted what they saw exactly. Finding the corpses of the last shift scattered in the hallways, barging into their lord's room to secure him, only to find the foul xeno and the mysterious apparition that soon disappeared. They sought to torture the alien, bleed it with blessed steel so that it would reveal what it had done to their holy lord, but as soon as they did...

"Suddenly, before mine very eyes, the alien burned with a most blinding light!" the astounded guard recalled, trembling.

"Are you sure you didn't set it on fire with your lasgun?" a sardonic interrogator asked.

"No, sir. We were trying to interrogate it, we held it down firmly in our hands, we carved it up righteously but were careful not to kill it, lest it took its secret to the grave. We wished to know what treachery it inflicted on the King!" the guard replied desperately.

"Maybe it died in your hands and you wished to cover your incompetence by burning the body," the interrogator snorted.

"No, sir! Look at mine own hands, these burns and blisters came when the Tau caught fire even as I held it down!" the guard raised his hands, and surely they were badly burned, with skin peeling off to reveal the underlying flesh.

"Nevertheless, you should have waited, we have an Inquisitor, he could have done a far better job at scourging the xeno," the interrogator scoffed. He turned to the man beside him. "What do you make of this, bishop?"

"Clearly, alien treachery. And witchcraft! To have made the king vanish into not quite so thin air!" the man of the God-Emperor exclaimed. "But by the Throne, the Emperor himself was quick to punish these blasphorities. The incineration of that xenos was a sign from Him on Terra! Clearly, what he inflicted on that foul alien assassin must be done thricefold on the remaining Tau we have imprisoned!"

The surrounding guards, eunuchs, court officials and the like all cheered at his most agreeable holy decree.

"For to kill an infidel is not murder, it is a path to Heaven!" he proclaimed. "And I am sure of it that those foul Musslemen and Saracens are implicit in this act. That apparition the guards saw as they caught the Tau, that red devil, was clearly a djinn conjured by heathen magicks. We must find all the Hashashins amongst the Saracen population, sifting through them like a scythe amongst sows, and crucify them!"

"CRUCIFY THEM!" the crowd screamed in bloodthirsty rage.

"These Saracens will profess no knowledge of the foul act, but their deceit only casts a shadow that will be burned away by the illuminating light of the Emperor's flame, as it incinerated the xeno so too shall it be brought upon the heretics and infidels. After we put the Tau to the flame, the Saracens shall be next! God-Emperor wills it!"

"God-Emperor wills it!"

With that, the knights of the realm went bashing down doors, dragging out screaming and frightened Saracens who still lived in the Orthodox kingdoms. They gathered all of them in the middle of the town square. In the middle of the town square was a guillotine christened in the blood of thousands with the name “Guillotine of the God Emperor”.

Screaming at the top of his voice, a masked executioner yelled, “In the Name of the God Emperor of Terra, I declare you Diabolus, and deliver thy sentence!” With a clang, the blade fell and beheaded the Mohammedian. They screamed in fright, but armed men ruthlessly jabbed them with their swords if they tried to flee. Those who were stabbed and bleeding to death were still dragged to the guillotine, just to be thorough. Even those who had already bled to death.

The Tau were easier to find. There in Guynald’s personal plantations and reserves they found the xenos huddling in fear. The sight of the Tau burning in the King’s chamber was a sign of the God-Emperor’s disfavor of the wretches, a message telling the faithful to enact the very same sanction on the rest of their kind. That they did.

The Tau were dragged out and formed a circle around the city. They were tied to stakes and oil was poured on all of them. Liquid promethium. Priests walked the circle, as they chanted prayers and psalms beseeching the God Emperor for deliverance from the Devil. When the signal was given, the Tau were lit. The flame raced from Tau to Tau and soon the entire circle was on fire.

For the sake of expediency, human heretics and Saracens too far away from the Guillotine of the God-Emperor were also joined together with the xenos in this sacrament against all that was past and holy. Giant effigies of wood were erected and stuffed with the writhing forms of humans and aliens alike, for these humans and aliens consorted with each other, and thus for their foulest blasphorities did they burn together in the wicker men as the God-Emperor’s faithful jeered their horrible demise.

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The People's Truthful Bi-Daily Ideologically Purified Accurate Information Broadcast to the Proud Patriotic Bragulan Listeners of THE GALAXY begins thusly:

FRIENDLY FEEDING FRENZY FOR HATED HUMAN PRISONER PEOPLE OF OPPRESSIVE BRUTAL BYZANTIUM BOURGEOISIE

The glourious return of the diplomatic paleo-paleocruiser Yer Mom from the warm host-nation Nova Atlantis marks a new age of Bragulan glasnot and bragstroika. The diplomatic treaty will decrease tensions with nearby hated hegemonic human horde-nation Byzantium by stabilizing the mutual belligerence between both nations in the name of galactic peace and security.

But to cement the deal, a gesture of badwill had to be given. Tau prisoners guilty of corrupting Bragulan youths with their ideologically impure "Greater Good" balderdash were handed over to the Byzantines in a meeting held in the neutral space of Nova Atlantis, whose hospitality shall be forever remembered by all peoples. In return, the Byzantine humans gifted Bragule with human and non-human prisoners of all stripes, malnourished degenerates from their prisons.

This is the sad shape of the human convicts previously under the Byzantines' care. Unlike the Bragulag system where inmates are cared of and de-educated to appreciate the glouries of Byzonism so they can be Bragulanized and returned to proper civilization, Byzantine captives are kept in medieval dungeons, starved and mistreated.

This is how the Byzantines treat their fellow humans. The untellable brutalities they inflict upon the Tau are even far worse, may the Imperator have no mercy on their non-existent souls.

Thus to show the superiority of Byzonism, and the unlimited mercies of the Imperator himself, it has been decreed that these human prisoners be shown the hospitalities of Bragule! To display to the galaxy the kindness and enlightenment of Bragulans compared to the brutal, savage humans of the Imperium. The human prisoners are washed and placed in the comfortable surroundings of their natural rainforest environment where they are free to frolic in the trees and swing from vines, as their ape-physiologies have evolved to according to Bragule's foremost xenobiologists. These enclosures can be visited by Bragulan youths who wish to see these aliens in happy domestication, enjoying their simple primate ways.

Moreover, in celebration of Bragule's bountiful harvests, these humans have been allowed to feed on as much foods as they want for they are guests of Bragulanity and are treated as such. The contrast with their former captors is evident, and the emaciated inmates eat happily prodigious quantities of food - so much that an observer may forget that they are homonids descended from sea monkeys and think they are porcine beefs escaped from Vladibragstok!

They eat so much that they have become just as fat as the aforementioned beefs, an incredible feat of metabolismic magnification heretofore unseen by Bragulan science. The capabilities of the human physiology captivates Bragulan scientists, and truly the physical achievements their species is capable of deserves even Bragule's respect! It is a testament to the loving care administered by Bragulan zookeepers that allows these humans to reach their maximum potential in personal growth and fulfillment. Behold!

Here in Bragulan captivity, the humans are happy! As all their kind should be. Treated better than they would be in any other human prison. The prisoners are swiftly domesticated, well-trained and exhibit good behavior. They are a credit to their race, the human race.

*click*

"Comrade, how goes the experiment?"

"You have seen the propaganda reels. I have made note here, is great success, is hard to overstate satisfaction."

"Da, but what have we learned from all this? These human pig-apes are depleting an entire bragkhoz' harvests!"

"What we have learned, comrade, is the habits and physical attributes of humans at the maximum levels of grotesque bourgeoisie indulgence, the very edge of morbid obesity. This experiment has taught us everything."

"Da?"

"Da..."

"This is good news. This knowledge will be of use against our... mysterious enemy from the anti-spinward."

"Indeed."
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Joyride Madonna, Approaching Bikanel Port
Sector W-18, The Outback
30 October 3400

Stephen felt the entire living compartment shudder as the Madonna's powerful hyperdrives completed the transition back to realspace. It was truly like living in an 18-wheeler tractor of the 20th Century, bringing back memories of family trips from a lifetime he'd almost forgotten at times.

Having been resting, he slid out of the sleeping compartment and back into the primary pilot seat. Ahead of them the desert planet Bikanel loomed. The planet's orbit was at the extreme end range of the star's habitable planet range, which is why it had an atmosphere that was remotely breathable for Humans and other species that required oxy-nitro blend. But even Toutaine had more arable land than the dustball world, which was primarily inhabited by the automated mining drones responsible for surviving the planet's lethal temperatures while being dotted, here and there, with habitation domes for the major processing centers that turned the mineral wealth of Bikanel into something of value to the galaxy at large.

Checking the coordinates sent to him by hypercom, Stephen took control of the ship and piloted it carefully to the rendezvous point at Bikanel's north pole. A station was present here, in polar orbit, with a number of bays for starships of cruiser variety or less. A private repair installation, popular among the starship pilots running the Outback, and operated by a man who could be relied upon for discretion.

The shipyard wasn't his destination, however, but a starship that had been placed into geostationary polar orbit nearby, low enough that Bikanel would shield it from mass/gravity and magnetic sensors. As Stephen flew closer and allowed the ship to fill his viewport, he could see why.

He didn't recognize the model, which meant the ship was a brand new vessel of some form. As he drew closer he noticed that, impossibly, the ship seemed to have a power signature indicating it was Bragulan, and it most certainly was not.

So that's what you meant..., was the thought that went through his head, recalling his last conversation with Sidney, as he flew the Joyride into the larger vessel's hanger bay and through its atmospheric-containment fields. Beside it was a small aerospace craft, a modified YPC-200 vessel meant primarily for ferrying people to and from a planetary surface. The man standing outside of it waved as Stephen cut the drives on his ship, allowing it to settle on the hanger floor. He opened the hatch to his side and began climbing out. The bay wasn't that small, but the Joyride was large for a ship with such little living capacity - it had to be in order to reach the high hyperspace velocities that permitted him to travel four sectors in just thirty-six hours - so the two vessels took up all the space the bay offered.

The other man walked up, giving Stephen a better look at him, while grumbling in a deep, growling voice, "About damned time you showed up. I don't like being kept waiting, you know."

Briefly Stephen allowed more old memories to resurface, and thought of the heterochromatic Sentinel he had journeyed with to New Anglia. He almost, almost, inquired if this man was related, especially after he introduced himself as "Cid Albed". "Stephen", he replied to the starship guru, accepting the offered hand. "My apologies for the wait, I came straight from Doreia."

"In just three days? I see Hank's been souping the Joyride up a bit." Cid smirked. "Pity I don't have time to take a look at the old gal. She was my pride and joy, you know?"

"You built it?"

"Pretty much. Oh, someone else put her together at first, but when she came through here I pretty much took her apart and put her back together," Cid replied. "Same as I did with this one. Mr. Hank told me it was a rush job and offered me a payment that matched. New ship, too. New Dorado Shipbuilders make, the new 3200 model. The basic frame is designed for complete modular capability so they can sell them to anyone from the nine vectors."

"That explains the Bragulan power signature."

"Ha, not quite." Cid's grin was wicked. "Mr. Hank made it clear that he needed some customizations on her. You've got a full-fledged chameleon device installed, along with an advanced cloak."

"Chameleon?"

"Some new-fangled thing, wouldn't surprise me if CEID or MI6 put it together," Cid said. "Fools sensors into seeing a drive effect you pick instead of what you've actually got.. and even that can change, since the modular systems let you slap anything in with a couple days of yard work. Stop by here or any basic ship repair yard and in forty hours of work you can swap out the UN drive for a Solarian one, or Klavo... even Bragulan, I figure. Though fuel might be a different story in some cases."

"That sounds redundant."

"Well, the Chameleon ain't perfect. Sure, she'll fool automated systems or a lot of intelligences running sensors, but go up against a trained intelligence and they'll notice something ain't right. The closer you are, the more true this is. So it's best to actually have the right drive if you're going somewhere long enough. And cloaking anyway when you get close, because this ship certainly isn't one of those ugly irradiated Brag ships."

"I'll keep that in mind," Stephen said. "What about crew?"

"CI-operated drones can make up for any manpower shortage you've got. Currently you've got a 'dumb-AI' factory model intelligence, it'll do the job with no fuss. But for optimum performance you'll want a full CI and a few days of downtime for the CI to run system checks and establish himself, or herself, into the ship."

Cid led him through the ship. Only drones were active, of varying sizes, and not a single soul, organic or otherwise, showed themselves in the ship's navigation bridge. Bikanel's blue-white pole twirled below them. Stephen looked around, seeing the bridge was not as cramped as he'd feated. Food dispensors were present on the sides, with several stations that, with their touch-screen holo displays, were clearly meant to be multi-purpose. He stepped up to one and placed his hand on it. A harsh beep answered. "Unauthorized genetic profile detected. Controls will not respond." Stephen almost remarked on why everyone seemed to give ship computers female-toned voices, but did not.

"Now that you're here..." Cid indicated to him one of the consoles. He put a hand to it and, upon the screen coming to life, tapped in a code on a keyboard that popped up. "This is Albed. Grant administrative operation to new genetic profile."

When the computer indicated readiness, Stephen put his hand on it as well. "Identification for new profile?"

"Stephen."

"Full operational access granted."

"Well, that does it for me," Cid said, offering his hand. "Whatever you're up to, good luck."

"What makes you think I'm 'up' to anything?", Stephen asked.

"Oh, don't bullshit a bullshitter, stranger. When Mr. Hank puts this much money in a job, I know something big's about to happen. Especially given the defensive modifications he had me put in." Cid winked. "I'll signal you when I'm off the ship. I know you've got a tight time table and all..."

"Good to meet you, Mr. Albed. And thank you."

That got him a nod of the head. Stephen returned to the main console in front of what could only be the watch chair for the officer in charge. Sliding into the console's seat, he touched the screen and brought up the console's holography controls. A couple of thoughts, utilizing the neural link and commands, and the console shifted to show piloting controls. He could already feel miniature forcefields operating as tactile response, meant to confirm to a user that the holographic button or slide they were pushing had indeed been pressed.

After about six minutes, the sensor panel at the console showed a new contact coming from the ventral side, where the ship's hanger bay opened up. "This is Cid. You're clear to go.", a voice said over an open channel.

"Heading out now," he answered. Stephen fired the sublight drives. Unlike the Joyride he couldn't feel the ship actually begin to move, but he could see it, both in the holographic attitude display and the viewing port in front of him. He swung the vessel, still unnamed, away from Bikanel and confirmed a safe course before putting the ship's drives to full and heading out to the hyperlimit.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED