More on Terri Schiavo--UPDATE: Schiavo dead 31 Mar 05

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Assassin X wrote:Im not reading through 21 pages to see why you people think i cheating spouse has any right to say whether his disbaled wife should live or die.
Then shut the fuck up and keep your ignorant opinions to yourself.
While i have said over i think she should die.....i still think letting him say she should in the first place was wrong.
That's his right as a husband, to decide the fate of his spouse when she's irrevocably incapacitated.
Do you think he really cares about her anymore? He just wants her to die so he can "get some" without having to think about this whole thing.
What the fuck do you know about it? Have you read the thread?
And if you think otherwise then maybe your signifigent others should think twice about being with you. Thats really sad.
Fuck off. I may not be married, let alone have a significant other, but I know the importance of informing one of my wishes should I become irreversibly injured.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Assassin X wrote:Im not a snot nosed teen or young adult. I dont care if anyone cares. Like i posted above, im not here for pity. I just posted for my reason above. God get a grip.
You certainly sound like a snot-nosed teen. Then again, I guess that's a general trait of nihilists.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

This cheating bullshit really pisses me off. His wife's been dead for fifteen years. Every half way decent person wants their spouse to remarry and be happy should something terrible happen to them and they throw this "cheating" shit at him. It just proves there is no depth they won't sink to.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

Assassin X wrote:Im not reading through 21 pages to see why you people think i cheating spouse has any right to say whether his disbaled wife should live or die.
His wife has been brain dead for 15 years now.
"I have also a paper afloat, with an electromagnetic theory of light, which, till I am convinced to the contrary, I hold to be great guns."
-- James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879) Scottish physicist. In a letter to C. H. Cay, 5 January 1865.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Anyone stop to think about what it's like for the family of the hospice patients who aren't involved in this? Having to walk a gauntlet of scumfuck, hysterical morons who have nothing better to do than involve themselves in someone else's life while your loved is dying in there?

How would you enjoy being confronted with a weepy teen holding a sign screaming "murderer" when you've just had to come to a decision like withdrawing a feeding tube?

There's been a lot about this that's pissed me off, but the security needed against this unthinking mob meant that a family member couldn't be present when her grandfather died yesterday. She missed it by 1 minute due to having to go through multiple security checks, despite being in pajamas and barefoot. A hospice staff member to vouched for her so she could avoid going through the entire battery of tests, and she still couldn't be there.

Bunch of worthless, shit for brains motherfuckers, if there was such a thing as a god, I'd be on my knees right now fervently praying that these protestors all will need hospice care someday, and that care will be beyond their reach.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Then you need to find some other thread to crap up with your nihilist posturing.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

You don't have to. Just read whats been shown from the evidence.
While i have said over i think she should die.....i still think letting him say she should in the first place was wrong.
Who do you think SHOULD decide? That idiot currently sitting in the white house?
Do you think he really cares about her anymore? He just wants her to die so he can "get some" without having to think about this whole thing.
He spent the first SEVEN years trying to do anything to help recusicitate her. The last EIGHT have just been the court battles.
And if you think otherwise then maybe your signifigent others should think twice about being with you. Thats really sad.
They'll KNOW what my wishes are and I hope they'd make it clear to me what their's are if they are ever in a permanent vegetative state.
Screw it....forgot what i said. I agree she needs to just die.
Plain English translation: I don't want to argue. I can't prove my point. I have no case. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
And for the record i only bring up "my life" because on most boards if i mention hating crap like long coverage on 9/11 or whatever people rip me apart and threaten me and crap and say "Your a terrorist" and sh*t.
Interesting. The only way I can see anyone saying you're a terrorist is if you posted something in FAVOR of 9/11. Did you?
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Oh for christs sake on a popcycle stick. She's been dead for 15 years. He's been trying to end this for~8 years. He's actually moved on while still trying to honor her wishes. Can you say the same for the parents, the ones that want a sick-o sack of meat in the corner they want to call their daughter so they don't have to grieve?
If your spouse can't, who can?

And if you think otherwise then maybe your signifigent others should think twice about being with you. Thats really sad.[/qoute]

Your about a sick son of a bitch, aren't ya? She died. He spent 7 or so years tending to her in hopes that she could recover in some capacity. She's dead. He spent another 8 fucking years trying to apply her wishes if she ever got into a state where she found her self.

Durring that time, he grieved, then moved on with his life and found another woman and fell in love and had kids. All the while, still fighting to honor Terry's wishes to die if she ever found herself in such a fucked up situation.

Why is he fighting? Because Terry's goulish parents haven't moved on nor grieved so they can move on. Rather spent their time trying to save and gain custody of an empty shell that once was their daughter. Creepy, really.

I'm really sick of this bullshit argument about how Michelle Shrivo shouldn't be the one to decide if she dies or not. She decided and he's acting on her wishes. If your spouse doesn't have that right/obligation, who the fuck does?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Plekhanov
Sith Marauder

Post by Plekhanov »

To The_Nice_Guy I know you’re an ideologue and as such somewhat divorced from rationality and reality but I really have to know how can you simultaneously in one post argue:
The_Nice_Guy wrote:The law and precedent are not always just. The whole mess could be interpreted as the courts claiming the power of life and death over individuals, and while I don't believe the courts would abuse that power, the possibility and opening exists.

I regard the courts as just another manifestation of Leviathan, and there has been some discussion concerning the gradual expansion of legal powers. If they can decide on pulling the plug on Terri, in a mater of life and death, they can very well decide to prohibit teaching the theory of evolution too.

That scares me a great deal.
This is of course is a bog standard mis/ill informed libertarian rant against the state however bizarrely earlier in THE SAME FUCKING POST replying to HemlockGrey’s concise response to an earlier bizarre argument by you you posted:
The_Nice_Guy wrote:
HemlockGrey wrote:
If there is even a single person in the whole wide world willing to devote finances, time, love, and tears on another human being in this condition, then what right do we have to stop the good samaritan/s? Easy, we don't. We let them do their works.
If you did that to me, I'd come back from the fucking grave and haunt you. We step in when the Good Samaritan flagrantly violates the wishes of the victim.
Easy. Leave a written will that tells everybody to quickly administer a drug that kills your body. Or death by dehydration or starvation if you prefer. :wink:

It's when people don't leave any form of indication as to what they want that's the problem. Solution is simple too. Upon reaching adulthood, every adult has to register some document or somesuch as to their wishes in such events.

For those yet to reach adulthood, the responsibility still lies on their parents or legal guardians. Then maybe we can avoid such messes in the future.
Are you insane? How the fuck can you rail against “the leviathan” and courts “claiming the power of life and death over individuals” (which of course they have always done if you don’t like this please state who or what else should do this essential task). Whilst simultaneously arguing for a massive increase in state power and interference in individuals lives and deaths by creating some kind of a massive government bureaucracy of officials taking the still breathing corpses away from their still grieving families and giving them over to whichever “concerned parties” (ie religious whack jobs) want to fetishise them.

Please do explain to me I’m fascinated how can someone with a hatred of the “leviathan” argue for the creation of a system in which “every adult has to register some document” to prevent their brainless body being taking from the control of their loved ones (by the leviathan) and used as a plaything for religious lunatics?
Plekhanov
Sith Marauder

Post by Plekhanov »

Course he fucking cares about her you ignorant prick he cares enough about her to refuse $1,000,000 YES THAT’S RIGHT 1 MILLION DOLLARS just so that he can carry out her wishes and let her brainless corpse rest.

He cares so much about her that he’s willing to battle through the courts to carry out Terri’s wishes whilst his insane in-laws, the equally insane religious right and the utterly unscrupulous and immoral right wing media viscously slander him.

He cares so much about her that he’s willing to brave death threats to do what she asked him to do.

He cares so much about her that he’s willing to have a million ignorant fucks like you pass judgement on just so that he can carry out the wishes that she clearly stated to him and numerous others before HER BRAIN DIED.

Don’t you get it you fucking idiot he’s doing this because he cares and hopefully for the final time SHE’S NOT “DISABLED” SHE’S BRAIN DEAD there’s a big fucking difference.
Assassin X
BANNED

Post by Assassin X »

She is "NOT" brain dead.

You people are so misinformed its. With how "Prove it with facts" you are i cant believe you dont realize how stupid the media is. YEs, she can not speak. Youve seen the videos on the news, she does...mumble. Its not audible buts its communication.

THE MEDIA is dumb. The media is unreliable. Everyone knows this. If you ask about 100 media places around the US about the story nearly 3/4 of the storys will be mixed up. Media never gets it right.

This is what ive hear diffrent media places says that her doctor has said:

"She is brain dead"
"She is not brain dead"
"She can feel pain"
"She cant feel pain"

Small examples buts there tons of mistakes if you took the time to compare. The media never gets it right. Originally when this wasnt a media circus. The original story that came was around had the accurate information. HER DOCTORS original statements were she IS NOT BRAINDEADeven though she can barley talk(mumble) or think.

At this point like i said i dont care though.

Anyways.....did you hear the new news that her parents want her to take communion? First thing i thought of was they want her to do it because she'll get a small amount of food and water. Im sure the courts will figure that out though.
My E-mail is rchosen@visn.net
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

If you bothered to read this thread before jumping in you would realize that abundant evidence has been posted about the state of her brain.

Yelling about the media is a red herring. Back up your claim with evidence or shut up.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

She's already been given last rites under the court's approval. Yes, her parents are just trying to delay the inevitable, again.

And yes, AssX, she IS brain dead.
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Assmaster wrote:insert insane ramblings
Someone posted a scan of her brain, clearly showing that it is a puddle. The only thing going is automatic functions. I suggest you look through the thread till you find it.

In the mean time shut the fuck up.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Assassin X wrote: Its not audible buts its communication.
It is not communication. See here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7303236/

The only asshole that's saying she's actually communicating is the quack hired by her parents and all the corpsefuckers surrounding the hospice and in Congress. All the reliable doctors whose expertise is actually neurology say she IS brain dead.
Assassin X wrote: THE MEDIA is dumb. The media is unreliable. Everyone knows this. If you ask about 100 media places around the US about the story nearly 3/4 of the storys will be mixed up. Media never gets it right.
Which is why we're not relying on them, see this: http://jtrun.mine.nu/cc/fox/catscan8cg.jpg
That's a CT scan of her brain. Notice the GIANT FUCKING HOLE! That has been posted here several times, wait I forgot, you don't want to go back and read the thread.
Assassin X wrote:At this point like i said i dont care though.
Then why the hell do you keep arguing about it?!?
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

She is "NOT" brain dead.
Yes she is, and so are you, you fucking moron.

Did you even see the fucking CAT scans? You don't have to be a fucking neurologist to figure out that there's nothing fucking there.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Here is a scan of Terri's brain. As I know you won't bother to go back and look for the scan already posted. There's clearly nothing in there, kinda like yours.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Anyways.....did you hear the new news that her parents want her to take communion? First thing i thought of was they want her to do it because she'll get a small amount of food and water. Im sure the courts will figure that out though.
And then promptly choke to death, because she can't swallow, unless they feed her the body of Christ through an IV.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

She IS brain dead; just because you can hear mumbling is not indicative of her being consciously alive. People in their sleep will make weird noises of all sorts without intention. Its a natural thing which happens when air just simply passes through the vocal chords and causes them to vibrate. And if you don't care so much, please kindly stop making fallicious claims and accusations and then quickly retreating with your "I don't care" statements. The medical experts have already put forth the evidence that who she once was is gone forever and what remains is nothing but an empty shell which the parents are fighting with every ounce of muscle to keep alive.
Plekhanov
Sith Marauder

Post by Plekhanov »

Assassin X wrote:She is "NOT" brain dead.

You people are so misinformed its. With how "Prove it with facts" you are i cant believe you dont realize how stupid the media is. YEs, she can not speak. Youve seen the videos on the news, she does...mumble. Its not audible buts its communication.
Wrong if you’d READ THE FUCKING THREAD you’d have seen abundant evidence that a bit of air being pushed thorugh her vocal cords doesn’t count as an attempt at communication.
THE MEDIA is dumb. The media is unreliable. Everyone knows this. If you ask about 100 media places around the US about the story nearly 3/4 of the storys will be mixed up. Media never gets it right.
Many thanks for pointing this out to me till now I’ve been going round attempting to simultaneously believe all the contradictory stories I’d heard about this and every other news story. It had never occurred to me to use some discernment before :roll:
This is what ive hear diffrent media places says that her doctor has said:

"She is brain dead"
"She is not brain dead"
"She can feel pain"
"She cant feel pain"

Small examples buts there tons of mistakes if you took the time to compare.
Now this is just too much, where do you get off telling me to “take time to” look at information sources, unlike you I “took the time” to read the thread and other stories not linked from the thread, which is why unlike you I have some understanding of the facts and issues surrounding this case.
The media never gets it right. Originally when this wasnt a media circus. The original story that came was around had the accurate information. HER DOCTORS original statements were she IS NOT BRAINDEADeven though she can barley talk(mumble) or think.
Would you care to link to this fabled “original” “accurate” “story” about Terri?
Well this just proves that you don’t know what the fuck your talking about because SHE’S BRAIN DEAD AND CAN’T SWALLOW WHICH IS WHY SHE WAS BEING FED THROUGH A FUCKING TUBE consequently giving her communion would do absolutely nothing to prolong her life.
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

guys calm down
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

They are calm.

This is perfectly normal 'round here.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

You know for someone who doesn't care and spews too cool for the room nihilism bullshit you certainly seem to care very much by posting so fervently in a thread you could care less to read. What you don't seem to care about is looking like a total and complete ass since every fucking point you've dragged up has been refuted or addressed in this thread. If you're going to participate in a topic you purport not to care about it would be best if you actually read through the thread.

Now you are receiving the anal rapage you so richly deserve.

But then again - you don't care, right? :roll:

Oh and maybe people get pissed at you when you post how you're sick of 9/11, etc because you storm into threads you don't cared about and fling your monkey shit like you were in a zoo and then act all outraged and profess your I don't care attitude in response to the poster's frustration with your fucking cluelessness.

Do us a favor and stop caring enough to leave this thread. You're embarassing yourself.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:let's also not forget that there are biblical prohibitions against non-manual labour, air conditioning or even fans, and it says it's ok to rape and loot.
Out of curiosity...where? I'd like to use those the next time I run into a literalist.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

ahhhh now I understand why they're called "flamewarriors"