SD.Net World(RAR!) MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shinra army base, post-ceremony reception

King Paul was slowly coming to the conclusion that the hardest part of the visit was handshaking.

Now that the visit turned into a semi-formal reception, a lot of people wanted to shake hands and have a quick chat. It was hard enough to just remember all their names, but his wrist was starting to ache.

His wife was also shooting him tortured expressions. On the Earth That Was she far hardly a "royal" type of person, and while she learned to put up a good act and posessed an angel's own patience, this reception was a bit straining even for her.

Still, the people in the gym didn't mind. They came, they shook hands and were genuinely thankful to trade a couple of words with the King himself, and Kamila with two assistants took care of most of the names. She seemed to really enjoy this job, despite the stress.

How the hell did I become so famous? There are dozens of larger and more powerful countries..., the King thought, but almost immediately had to speak with another guest.

"Hello! I'm Lt. Col. Jacob McClane, XO of the 10th Rangers."

"Pleased to meet you, colonel!", the Queen exclaimed, appearing genuinely happy

"Likewise! I can see the tales of your beauty were not exagerrated, your highness."

"To what do we owe this pleasure, colonel?", the King asked with a pleasant smile

"I just wanted to trade a few words with you, sir. I supervised training of your 1st Independent Airmobile Company here in Shinra."

"Oh! And how did you find our soldiers?"

"Competent, dedicated and mean on the basketball court, sir."

All the assembled laughed a bit at the colonel's joke.

"We are actually planning to expand the Company into a full-fledged batallion, so you will be able to meet them again shortly.", the King responded, alreay warming up to this man.

"I'm looking forward to that, sir."

The colonel said goodbye and merged back with the crowd. While the queen excused herself in order to use the bathroom, the president took the opportunity to trade a few words with her husband.

"Great speech there, Paul. I may have to hire your writer."

"Well, as cliche as it sounds, I usually write them myself.", Paul smiled, "You really liked it?"

"Yeah, and not just me. My people tell me you're pretty popular with the troopers right now."

"Because of the salute?"

"No, because you said 'thanks, we really appreciate it'. Soldiers rarely get that."

Paul nodded solemnly. One of the shittiest jobs in the universe, and simultaneously one of the most important ones.

"Listen, if there is anything we can do for the widows, let me know."

"Of course. But they're well taken care of."

"Nevertheless, we owe them big. If they need anything, even just a vacation, have one of your people call my people and we can work something out."

"Sure thing, Paul. Sure thing."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours laters, at the presidential residence

There was a second reception awaiting them that day, and for some reason, the King was far more nervous this time. Sultan Ibrahim would attend a formal dinner at the presidential residence, and unlike the army base meeting, where it was hard to offend anybody, in this case there was real potential for harm.

His wife, always supportive, brushed off a speck of dust from his suit.

"Ready, honey?"

"Can't be any more. Let's do this."

The portier announced them, and the King walked with his wife into the huge dining hall, immersing himself in the music and the chatter and the glamour of power.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Presidential Residence, Shinra Republic

Sultan Ibrahim was still quite puzzled from his earlier visits to the Muslim community today. While they varied on beliefs of some teachings, the location of Mecca, or the Lunar sightings, they all coexisted well together as well as with their infidel neighbors. It was an amazing sight. Something one didn't often see in Terra Libertia. Although the Sultan didn't "leg" people for believing that Mecca was on the Western Sea, communities often rejected or stoned people over such issues. And it was taken for granted in Libertia.

However, the purpose of this visit wasn't to discuss Muslim teachings. The Sultan set aside his confusion, and cleared his mind. He entered the dining hall, greeted the King and Queen of Pezookia, and sat down.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shinra Republic, presidential palace, dining hall

The King shook the Sultan's hand and looked him in the eyes. There was something...strange in them, as if the man was filled with quiet contempt over being surrounded by infidels. Or maybe he was simply aloof, or just plain lost in thought? Ibrahim was a man used to hiding his feeling behind a stone mask ; It would be difficult to read him.

"Your Highness, it is a pleasure to meet you", the King said, and the translator immediately repeated these words in Arabic. A known diplomatic courtesy - both the King and the Sultan knew English very well, but a translator gave a little time to consider an answer for both sides.

"There is no need for a translator here. Let us dispense with diplomatic facades and talk as equals.", and here came an abrubt and harsh response form a harsh man.

The King nodded and waved the translator off.

"As you wish, your highness. If you please, I would like to discuss the matters concerning your home land in Terra Libertia. The FUN would be most eager to begin introducing aid to the Sultanate. Under the proper conditions, of course."

"As long as they are not unreasonable...", the Sultan was naturally cautious. For very long, he considered the north-eastern world to be the enemy, and only recently did he realize they bore no ill will towards the Sultanate.

"We surely hope so, but of course, they are up for negotiation. The FUN would, first and foremost, desire that your highness does not declare another jihad against us in the future. I am sure you understand why."

The King took a glass of water from a nearby waiter. No alcohol was served at this reception, and the King supposed it was only better.

"Second, we will need permission to train your local people in policing and medicine, which naturally brings us to gender issues. I won't hide that it would seem to be most efficient to train both men and women at the same time, without separating them."

King Paul paused to gauge the Sultan's reaction. This was the most sensitive issue, dealing with Shari'a law. In addition to clearing up this requirement, the Sultan's reaction would tell the King something about how serious he was about enforcing religious law in the Sultanate.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Coilerburg Northern Squadron created, sets sail for Canissia

In what PFL Iler called a "landmark occasion", the Coilerburg Northern Squadron has been formed. The first Coilerburg military unit to be based abroad, it left Navalopolis for Pearl Point, Canissia earlier today, after Canissia's government gave its OK for the vessels to be based there.

Currently the Northern Squadron consists of only two Island-class patrol boats, three Stingray helicopters, a company of marines, and the support personnel needed to maintain the vehicles.

The Northern Squadron will perform coast guard duties of patrol, navigation assistance, and search and rescue in the Northern Sea, and will cooperate fully with the Canissian authorities.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Seaside Palace, Canissia

Life was getting back to normal, and in a way that King Arik Coyotus-I of the People's Republic of Canissia liked. Tension was still there, but it was ratcheted down to more manageable levels. In fact, it felt like there was just enough stress to feel as if responsibilites were being had, but not overwhelming, destruction-of-life-as-we-know-it issues.

Man, I hate those kinds of issues, Arik thought.

Currently, he had taken a break from his responsibilities with family to see to government details.

"We're getting some houseguests," he said as he discussed things with his Navy Chief of Staff, Admiral Ken Hurvitz, and his Marine counterpart, General Red Collins. "The Coilerburg navy will be ready to move in at Pearl Point?"

"Yes, Excellency," Admiral Hurvitz assured, "We're ready for them, and it's good that many of our ships normally based there are up at Neverhood, now. We have time to expand facilities at Pearl."

"Good deal," Arik said, "Now, General Collins, are the Shinra Republic's 1st Marine unit settling in well?"
"Indeed they are, sir, we've pretty much given them the run of the Amphibious Assault School at north Tauron beach. Our cadre has a full schedule for them, getting them to go through all the basic amphib assault tables."

"Excellent. Gentlemen, you're my leading edge. As we found out in the UAR war, it's the guys that get wet that we're learning from. Admiral Hurvitz, I'd like you to assemble a training team made up of some of our captains, petty officers, and lower enlisted that were involved in the South Seas conflict. Let's make them available to other MESS members who can benefit from their experience. We can send them on TDY orders for limited periods of time to share their knowlegde."

"Will do, sir."

Results:
Canissian Royal Navy combat vets form training team, available for other MESS members (actually, we'll entertain requests from just about anyone who asks).
SR 1st MEU begins training at Tauron Shores Marine Base.
Coilerburg North Squadron made to feel at home at Pearl Point.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

"The FUN representative did help us a lot in ending the Civil War. So currently we are allies." The Sultan carefully chose his words. As far as he knew, the FUN people seemed to glorify their sinners in calendars. A very strange culture.

"As for the training, women will be allowed to train as long as they maintain their hijab. Contact between different genders during training would be minimal as well. If it's ok I would like to have the Mutaween to monitor the training." The Sultan said.
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

News from Alexandria

The new legal code was posted throughout Alexandria today. It essentially codified what most people in the nation already thought to be the law. Contract and other such laws have also been codified. Legal experts say the laws are fairly standard, if fairly pro business. the observers also note that they belief the court systems are likely to be extremely overworked, there are simple not enough courts for a nation the size of Alexandria and quaified personnell to run them are in short supply.

Punishments are quite severe however. Jail time is rarely used; most offenses penalties are hard labor in the mines with the option of capital punishment on the table for murder and other serious crimes. Many citizens welcomed the new laws and courts but there may be storm clouds on the horizon as some of the more independent communes, with their own militias, have reportedly not accepted the laws.

General Alexander made a long speech glorifying the new laws, in which he also announced the formation of a national police force. It is widely expected that ProTec will be given the job of helping to set up the force.

In money news, the Alexandrian Mark has stabilized somewhat since its introduction, but inflation remains a problem and many people in outlying areas still do not use the currency.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

FINALLY!

After delays of over a year due to international tension-- most recently, and infamously, due to the threat of nuclear war-- the 1st NovaTerran Olympics are ready!

The world has been invited to attend, and athletes have been training for the classic events for the Summer phase. Winter phase will be held later this year, in the snowy high mountains of Tauron Province.

Running, archery, triathalon, volleyball-- just a handful of the many competitions that will be held. The Olympic City was completed two years ago, and opened to fanfare, but the events themselves were put off-- until now.

Canissian teams are ready to go, and are expected to do well in Track & Field and Triathalon events. Fierce competition from Shroomania is expected in the beach volleyball competition, and the Bear Republic is seen as the odds-on favorite for the archery competition.

In a surprise move, it was announced also that the Republic of Saddamistan will send a team as well.

"I very much look forward to meeting the Saddamistan team," said King Arik Coyotus-I at the Seaside Palace earlier today, "It will be a good day for global competition in Canissia-- I look forward to the day when endeavours such as athletic and scientific triumphs are the primary source of international competition in our world."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

CANISSIAN ROYAL NAVY OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATION:
ANUKET /BLOCK-II LITTORAL COMBAT CORVETTE

Anuket Block-II -class Littoral Combat Corvette

ANUKET IN-GAME VERSION ("Anuket" was the goddess of the Nile in ancient Egyptian mythos-- very tempramental)
Displacement: 560 long tons (569 t) standard, 660 LT (671 t) full load
Length: 59.3 metres (194.6 ft)
Beam: 12.6 m (41.3 ft)
Draught: 2.4 m (7.9 ft)

Machinery: 3 shaft COGAG turbines at 11,000 hp each
Speed: 48 knots (89 km/h)
Range: 1650 at 14 knots (26 km/h), operational autonomy for 10 days.

Armament:
1 Mk 75 76 mm OTO Melara
1 RIM-7 Sea Sparrow SAMs
1 Phalanx CIWS (Block 1B)
2 blocks (amidhsips) HARPOON anti-shipping missile-packs
2 TROPHY RPG-denial systems
2 Penguin-class ROVs
1 Zodiac boat with 7.62mm MMG.
Crew: 60

Image: Partially-completed Anuket /Block-I has been hastily modified to Block-II standards for prototype testing purposes:
ROVs pictured in foreground, prior to loading.

Potential problems:
It was hoped that replacing the TLAMS with smaller, lighter missiles would result in a lighter vessel, but the addition of ROVs and TROPHY systems have resulted in little weight loss, so the Block-II version will not offer any significant improvements in range, speed, maneuverability or freeboard as hoped. Operating ranges will remain about the same, however, for a littoral combat ship this should prove to be minimally problematic.

Once the missiles are launched, however, there are improvements in performance. It may be recommended that Harpoon missiles are transported seperately by supply ship, and then loaded at point of destination, if Anuket /Block-IIs are to be deployed beyond Canissian littoral areas.

The hopes that a small helicopter landing pad could be included has been dashed; however, small drones can conceivably be carried and launched.

[OOC: Pictures taken from the "Tarantul"-class corvettes; stats modified from the original Nanuchka class.

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:"The FUN representative did help us a lot in ending the Civil War. So currently we are allies." The Sultan carefully chose his words. As far as he knew, the FUN people seemed to glorify their sinners in calendars. A very strange culture.

"As for the training, women will be allowed to train as long as they maintain their hijab. Contact between different genders during training would be minimal as well. If it's ok I would like to have the Mutaween to monitor the training." The Sultan said.
"This is acceptable, your highness. I ask this only in the interest of efficiency.", the King said, satisfied. A more extreme Muslim would be likely to outright deny any attempts to have men and women train together, especially for things like nursery or medicine, "After all, if Shari'a law is to be obeyed, you will need female doctors and nurses as well, correct?"

The Sultan nodded. This much was correct.

"Excellent! I will inform the FUN governments of this development.", the King really hoped that Shroomania would refrain from their usual half-naked men antics in this case.

"How have you found your visit to the Shinra Republic so far, your highness?", the King asked as they were seated for dinner.
Last edited by PeZook on 2008-06-09 01:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

ROM Navy Invites Canissian Royal Navy Training Team

The Ministry of Defense has agreed the request from Fleet Command to invite the veteran training team from the Canissian Royal Navy for improvement to the Republic of Mangka Navy.

The ROM Navy, due to its limited scale, has had modest role in MESS joint expeditions. Also compared to the Central Sea, the waters around Mangka are quite peaceful with less conflict and lower pirate activity. However, this doesn't mean the military should not be constantly improving and refining their tactics, strategy, and mindset. The experience from the veterans would definitely be very enlightening and helpful for the ROMN.

Mangka Olympics Team Arrives at Canissia

The Republic of Mangka Olympics Team, lead by the National Sports Association Chairman T.N. Wen, has arrived at Olympic City, Canissia, to participate the 1st NovaTerran Olympics. "The athletes are eager to compete in this worldwide event, and meet friends from other nations." said Wen.

Numerous Mangka citizens have also arrived at Canissia, getting ready to support the ROM Team, or their favorite foreign athletes. Overseas Mangkas in Canissia are also ready to enjoy the event. The Mangka Office in Canissia prepared 2000 flags for spectators, which were quickly exhausted in an afternoon.
Member of Justice League
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Massive amounts of PeZookian spectators flock to Canissia

More than thirty thousand PeZookians of all ages flocked to Canissia by boat, airplane and zeppelin to witness the first ever Olympics competition.

Many count on the PeZookian soccer and light athlete teams to bring home medals, while anticipating the epic duel of weight lifters between Shroomanian and Red Technocracy sportsmen.

PeZookian spectators cheer on the Republic's Olympics team during the opening ceremonies.

"This is awesome!", said one tourist, "I have been here for two hours, and I already met a lot of friends from other countries! I mean, we've had vodka with some Technocracy guys, and then tried to hand-wrestle with a Shroomanian guy, and after then played darts with a bunch of Shinra and Byzantium guys! I'm loving every minute of it! I gonna go and try to hit on those cool Langley chicks now, excuse me!"

It's already obvious that Canissian hotel infrastructure is being rapidly overwhelmed. Impromtu camping grounds are being set up by enterprising Canissian land owners, and more than a hundred thousand house owners decided to rent rooms to foreign tourists.

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

PeZook wrote:"This is acceptable, your highness. I ask this only in the interest of efficiency.", the King said, satisfied. A more extreme Muslim would be likely to outright deny any attempts to have men and women train together, especially for things like nursery or medicine, "After all, if Shari'a law is to be obeyed, you will need female doctors and nurses as well, correct?"

The Sultan nodded. This much was correct.

"Excellent! I will inform the FUN governments of this development.", the King really hoped that Shroomania would refrain from their usual half-naked men antics in this case.

"How have you found your visit to the Shinra Republic so far, your highness?", the King asked as they were seated for dinner.
"Thank you for your support, your Majesty." Despite the odd culture, the FUN leaders seemed quite friendly. This made the Sultan looking foward to his next stop, Shroomania.

"As for the visit, it was quite eye opening. I have been in Saddamistan, a strong nation. Shinra is also a strong nation, but the societies are quite different. The people are more open, more dynamic, they enjoy life.

"Besides the dynamic, openess of the people, the coexistence of diversity is quite shocking. The Muslims here I counted 10 different beliefs of the location of Mecca, while in Libertia and Saddamistan there are probably only 5. However, all 5 are enemies between each other, while the 10 here seem very peaceful." The Sultan drank his water after he finished.
Member of Justice League
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

News briefs from the Qudlivun Free State

Qudlivun Free State to participate in 1st NovaTerran Olympic Games
The Grand Duke of the Qudlivun Free State has announced that they will be sending a delegation to participate in the First NovaTerran Olympic Games. The expected delegation is expected to number at minimum 300 participants, not including support personnel and families of participants. The Grand Duke will attend the event as well but will not participate.

Olympic leave policy for Self-Defense Force Personnel Announced
Active duty Maritime and Ground Self-Defense Force personnel will be permitted special leave if they qualify to participate in the upcoming NovaTerran Olympic games. The personnel will not be charged any leave and will continue to be paid during the games. The Ministry of Defense expects at least 100 of its personnel across both services will take part.

Ministry of Finance announces 4% GDP increase, spending slowing
Thanks in part to the start of multi-year infrastructure improvements the Ministry of Finance has announced a gross domestic product increase of 4%. The full budget for financial year 2011 is available for viewing on the Ministry of Finance intranet site. The Minister of Finance has stated that the government will be passing no new special appropriations bills this year to allow for the government's reserve funds to rebuild.

QFSS Freyr to begin shake down and sea trials in 2 months, Halifax-class undergoing refits
The sole Freyr-class frigate in the world will soon be completed and will undergo its shakedown cruise and sea trials. The crew has been formed and are expecting good performance from the MSDF Flagship. All of the Halifax-class frigates purchased from the U.K.B. are currently undergoing operational refits and security sweeps. Upon completion of all of this work, expected to take two months, all ships will be transferred to their assigned commands.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
General Deathdealer
Padawan Learner
Location: In a Thunderhawk enroute to the Blood Angels Battle Barge

Post by General Deathdealer »

Baal Daily News

Duchy To Send Team to Olympics

It was announced today that the Duchy will send an Olympic Team to compete in the upcoming Olympics to be held in Canissia. The team will be made up of citizens from all over the Duchy and will compete in all of the competitions there. The team is said to number roughly 300 strong with some competitors competing in multiple events.

It was also announced that His Grace Duke Sanguinius will accompany the team to the Olympics to cheer them on. It is also anticipated that the Duke will be accompanied by his personal bodyguard Ms. Gina "Crush" Carano.
"Don't fuck with The Mess. Unless you've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt, shut your cakehole." - Me
"By the Blood of Sanguinius" - Blood Angels Battlecry
"The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines." - Anonymous
"This can't be good" - Sherriff Jack Carter
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shinra Republic, presidential palace, dining hall

President Shinra had stayed relatively quiet while King Paul and the Sultan spoke. After all, this was as much about Paul and the Sultan meeting as anything else; he and Ibrahim had already had meetings prior to the PeZookian visit. But now it was time to eat.

He smiled, and said, "We like to think of our diversity as a strength. We hope to recognize that there are differences amongst us, that is only natural. But we seek to prevent those differences from dividing us. Our membership in the MESS has doubtless helped us; our member states are quite distinct from one another, with people of many backgrounds and faiths. Yet we show that our governments can work together, and be unified. So then why shouldn't the same hold true for the common person?"

He gestured to the dining table, which had been finished being prepared. "Perhaps we can continue this discussion over dinner?"
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Indhopal was sending team to the olympics. Their team was small competing in the shooting events, judo, fencing bi and tri-athalons and a few other events.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shinra Republic, presidential palace

"I agree, Mr. President. I can see you have quite a meal prepared here for us.", he smiled and raised the water glass

"I must agree with the President's sentiment. For better or worse, different peoples have managed to co-operate on many various endeavours in this world. Even in the FUN, countries as varied as Shroomania and the Red Technocracy co-exist together peacefully. I like to think that it is respect which allows for that - respect for any nation and all people, however governed.", he nodded to the Sultan. He didn't particularly like the man, although it turned out the Sultan was far more amicable than Paul expected from a man who once declared a holy war, "Cultivating trust between nations requires extremely hard work, and I hope all of the fine people gathered here are comitted to it.

Allow me to make a toast at the opening of this fine dinner. Please forgive the cliche, but I would like to make a toast to peace.", Paul looked at everybody assembled and drank his water.

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

MINERVA

Zorian Olympic Team ready to win for the nation

Tauron Province: With the blessings of His Majesty himself, the Zorian Olympic Team. Among the ranks of this years Olympic team is our Elite men and woman Soccer Team lead by Former Commonwealth Cup champions David Shusler and Winnifred "Freddy" Choi and the rigorously trained Olympic Swim Team. An estimated five thousand Zorian Citizens have come to this year's Olympic Games and the King Himself attended the opening Ceramony from his private box.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Presidential Palace, Austin

Lonestar opened and closed his right hand several times.

"Strained wrist Matt? I don't know what you'll do now." Secretary Mironov said with a grin as he walked into the office.

"Shut up Evan." Lonestar muttered. "I just shook hands with the Olympic team. And Toombs."

"Ah." Toombs was the great hope for the wrestling medal, and might have been a close relation to Sasquatch.

"What do we got?"

"The Emperor of Byzantium would like to make a State visit."

"Sure. Send an invitation."

"Also, Mark Cuban is pissed that the new building codes is putting a work stoppage to the Mavericks-o-dome."

"Tell him he'll have to suck it up. What else?"

"Well, it occurs to me that we have no outer space treaty signed..."

"And? I'm sure as shit not going to ban nukes in space."

"I was referring to the 'claim celestial bodies' part. Do we want to just leave that hanging, or, as the space programs heat up again, try to come to an international agreement?"

"Hmm, send some feelers out. See what opinion in the MESS is."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constantinople Times

The Church of Constantinople lights the Olympic candle in Athens

Though no one professes to the ancient Greek religions, nevertheless, out of sentimentally, the Archbishop of Athens, Cyprus Christodoulos II, today, with the blessings of the Ecumenical Patriarch Chrysostom I, lit the Olympic candle placed at the site of the original Temple of Athemis. Blessing the Athletes due to go to Cannissia for the Olympic games, he told them to go forth and bring glory to the Roman Empire.

Imperial Byzantine Admiral Himerios visits Cannissia in a goodwill visit to foster ties between the two nations' navies

Admiral Himerios, Admiral of the fleet, will visit Cannissia in a goodwill visit to foster ties between the two nations' navies. Both navies are keen to meet occassionally for exercises and to share thoughts on strategy, training and other naval matters.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The Ashford Times

SPECIAL REPORT: LANGLEY AT THE OLYMPICS!

A member of the Langley women's soccer team

OLYMPIC CITY, CANISSIA - After being delayed for over a year due to international tensions, the 1st Nova Terran Olympics have finally begun in earnest, and like the rest of the world, the Duchy of Langley is there to participate.

Langley's teams have been ready to go for quite some time now, and they will be facing extremely stiff competition from their counterparts in other nations: PeZookia in soccer, the Bear Republic in archery, Indhopal in combat sports, the Lonestar Republic in wrestling, and Shroomania in beach volleyball, to name only a few. However, Langley's athletes are determined to claim medals, no matter who their opponents may be. "We are prepared to fight to the last woman," one of the members of Langley's women's soccer team said. "If nothing else, we will compete gallantly against our adversaries."

Athletes are not Langley's only contribution to the Olympics, however. Small numbers of Langley citizens have also journeyed to Canissia to support both their national team and their favorites among the foreign athletes.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

"Caesar I" sets sail from Pezookia

A Pr.775 type Large Assault Ship today was christened "Caesar I" and set sail under the sights of applauding audicences on the banks of the Pezookian top shipyard.

Escorted by the fleet of smaller RTN vessels, it was guided to the harbors of the Shadow Empire.

Massive delays in the ship construction due to civil turmoil and nuclear scare in PeZookia have shifted the date of commission, however, the works were largely complete and it only took several days after the civil order in Pezookia was restored to complete the job.

Yet another hypersonic missile fired from a Tu-160 bomber

- Those Kh-90 hypersonic missiles serve as testbeds for our Tu-2000 program, - informed the public a Ministry of Proliferation spokesman. - In fact, the smaller 1:2 hypersonic testbed of the Tu-2000 is being constructed, and soon we shall test it also.

- The Kh-90 will become the standard issue missiles for all our supersonic craft: the Tu-22M, Tu-160 and T-4. Despite it's high price, it's hypersonic speed and penetration capabilities are a worthwhile investment. Considering the amount of money people blow on ABM, we sure seem to be on the right way.

The Tu-160 christened "Red Fist" is apparently carrying two Kh-90 missiles in it's bomb bays at all times. Our reporters managed to produce a speculative drawing based on what the military could disclose:

Test Photo. Credit: People's Commitee for Defense.

Red Athletes at the Olympics!

WE VILL KICK YOUR ASS. :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Dining Hall, Presidential Palace, Shinra Republic

"Yes, for peace." A word which meant a lot. "And our gratefulness for the Shinra Republic and the FUN."

Wonderful dishes began to show upon the table.

"Honorable leaders, I would be grateful for you to be frank here. What is your opinion of Terra Libertia?"
Member of Justice League
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

New Patria Cuts Tejas Order, As Firefox over-runs abound.

The Natively produced Tejas Fighter is losing out to the Bear Republic's Firefox. It is known that all of the two seat versions will be produced, but the number of single seat fighters will be cut.

Refugees accepted from Shepnukistan.

A plane landed in New Patria Today, carrying one Major Harris and Family. Major Harris was a minor figure in the Sheppard administration, and served the role of body double for President Sheppard until his death.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev