new star wars film boycott

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Re: new star wars film boycott

Post by Sidewinder »

Back to the OP, has anyone seen Rooster Teeth's Star Race Wars?
Rooster Teeth wrote:Tune in to the newest intergalactic comedy series where the hardest part of being a black storm trooper is dealing with life, love, your Jedi neighbors, and your wife's meatloaf. No matter how bad it gets you'll always have each other. This is Troopin!​
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

What is white genocide supposed to be? There are claims that diversity is only for white countries. And yet, I have never heard any quote from anyone claiming that white countries have an exclusive duty to allow anyone and everyone to immigrate there regardless of ethnic descent. In fact, a Stanford University economist wrote a book about migrations which defeats this notion.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

White genocide is supposedly the idea that pure whites (argument can be destroyed right there if you want, but I digress) are being replaced or bred out by other races. For instance, encouraging inter-racial couples means that mixed babies (like mine are going to be) will eventually mean the extermination of the pure white race. It's an evil Liberal agenda since they are the ones forcing tolerance on other people. :-/
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

amigocabal wrote:There are claims that diversity is only for white countries. And yet, I have never heard any quote from anyone claiming that white countries have an exclusive duty to allow anyone and everyone to immigrate there regardless of ethnic descent.
I think it's down to what you do when you get there. Very few African countries would have an issue with a white European moving there to start a small business or take a teaching position or something, but if they bought up the mineral rights to several hundred acres and started a strip-mine while paying terrible wages and slipping the county council huge backhanders to expedite the planning application they'd be a bit less enthusiastic. Same way we white European liberals are generally pretty relaxed about the Polish fellas working on our building sites or the Turkish family running a kebab shop on the high street but less so about the Russian property billionaire who thinks income tax is for people too poor to hire a really clever accountant.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

Borgholio wrote:White genocide is supposedly the idea that pure whites (argument can be destroyed right there if you want, but I digress) are being replaced or bred out by other races. For instance, encouraging inter-racial couples means that mixed babies (like mine are going to be) will eventually mean the extermination of the pure white race. It's an evil Liberal agenda since they are the ones forcing tolerance on other people. :-/
Inter-racial couples can easily be explained by a combination of sexual attraction and emotional intimacy. The former can be influenced by race- just as it can be influenced by other superficial characteristics.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Yeah they're not arguing the reasons behind inter-racial breeding, they're simply arguing that it's wrong and should be avoided.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Borgholio wrote:White genocide is supposedly the idea that pure whites (argument can be destroyed right there if you want, but I digress) are being replaced or bred out by other races. For instance, encouraging inter-racial couples means that mixed babies (like mine are going to be) will eventually mean the extermination of the pure white race. It's an evil Liberal agenda since they are the ones forcing tolerance on other people. :-/
There's kind of a mix of mentalities from what research I've done. The main thrust of one of them is "diversity for the sake of diversity is bad." But these types only really concern themselves with entertainment. They are so far away from anything related to race-mixing or immigration, it doesn't register for them. This is why even though the Star Wars bit was a troll, it was picked up and parroted as another example of how "those in power" or whatever, are trying to force their perspectives on us. This is also telling because the ethnicity of the actors in Star Wars literally does not matter. They aren't Earth humans. Chewy has more to talk about WRT slavery than Lando does. By contrast, Benjamin Sisko in DS9 had multiple story-arcs dealing with real-world racism, so Brooks being black actually did matter in some areas.

But for Star Wars, you can literally cast whoever you want and I'm sure it pisses them off even more because "why not just make them all white then?".
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

Pff. I'd say "why not just roll the dice, then?" (to select actor ethnicity for a role in Star Wars)
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.