LGB Model train Pics and video

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

LGB Model train Pics and video

Post by darthkommandant »

This thread is about me showing my LGB trains. These are G scale trains and are huge therefore. I also posted them in them in the SDN Facebook community.

This is my engine that I converted to digital. It runs off of DCC 12 volt 3 amp electricity. Also that is my wallet as 2 quarters for scaling.

This is a flatbed and a hinged roof gondola used as a tool car.

Two cars that I bought weathered and added a coal load to later.

Finally a limited edition green boxcar used as tool car on the harz narrow guage lines.
Tiger II fanboy
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: LGB Model train Pics and video

Post by Borgholio »

Neat train. But for some reason when I saw your thread, my mind saw "LGBT Model train..."

I need more caffeine...
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Borgholio wrote:Neat train. But for some reason when I saw your thread, my mind saw "LGBT Model train..."

I need more caffeine...
Yeah, let's not discriminate against the transgender model trains, people.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

It's actually the company name of the producer of the model trains. No discrimination intended.
Tiger II fanboy
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

darthkommandant wrote:It's actually the company name of the producer of the model trains. No discrimination intended.
We are totally fucking with you and do not actually believe in transgender model trains; it's just a funny name with regard to a current political hot topic in the US. ;]

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Hey no problems here with a little fun. :)
Tiger II fanboy
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

In all seriousness, I've always liked the larger scale trains such as O or G. HO and N scale are fine for indoors but you can actually but larger scales outside where, with the right landscaping, they look absolutely beautiful. Do you plan on putting these outdoors at all?
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

I have done outdoor temporary layouts before and will do so again after I move again in a week or so.

Edit: I also have O guage trains I use outside as well. A Union Pacific big boy steam loco to be precise.
Last edited by darthkommandant on 2014-09-27 02:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger II fanboy
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

We demand pics.
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

You'll have to wait until I move but when I do I can promise you there will be pictures.
Tiger II fanboy
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Excellent. One thing I hope to do when I get around to it is re-building my HO scale set in my new garage. Those things are so much fun but they can cost a lot of money if I'm not careful. :)
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Borgholio wrote:Neat train. But for some reason when I saw your thread, my mind saw "LGBT Model train..."

I need more caffeine...
That sounds like the premise of the most hilariously weird Thomas The Tank-Engine fanfic never written.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Zaune wrote:

I need more caffeine...
That sounds like the premise of the most hilariously weird Thomas The Tank-Engine fanfic never written.
Rule #34 pretty much demands a Thomas the Transgender Tank Engine trains-pulling-a-train-on-a-train slash fic, you know.

ETA: And the name "Big Boy*" is just too hilarious to leave alone.

* Full Disclosure: I was previously aware of this beast and there even exists a framed photograph in the possession of my father of me standing on one posing like a tiny boss at the age of 6 or so, but it's still kind of a hilarious mental image so I just had to go there. Apologies to purists.

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

And the theme song could be Tom Petty's "Runaway Train". Some of the lyrics could be creatively interpreted to represent a locomotive's sexual identity crisis.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Me and my big stupid mouth...

Oh, well, it's not like my childhood memories weren't thoroughly violated by the current rights-holder already.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog