This Is The Kind Of Gig Kate Mulgrew Is Getting Now...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Freefall
Youngling

Re: This Is The Kind Of Gig Kate Mulgrew Is Getting Now...

Post by Freefall »

I'm no fan of Voyager, and even less of Janeway, but I'm not going to hold this against Mulgrew, especially after admitting she'd been duped. This just reminds me of all the sneaky, biased dishonesty that went into editing things like "What the BLEEP we know" or Ben Stein's stuff, or most reality TV. You can use creative editing to make people look like they say all kinds of crap they don't really mean. Hell, every time I look at Richard Dawkins videos on youtube, in the column of related videos there are always several pathetic amateur edits titled things like "Richard Dawkins gets OWNED by creationist!" "Richard Dawkins epic FAIL!" which obviously just edit out his actual answers and leave in the pauses and "um"s and such.

Sure, you could still blame her for not researching a narration gig as deeply as possible. Personally, I think it is more appropriate to blame the dishonest asshats who actually conceived, edited, and produced this garbage.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Crown wrote:
Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:You don't get any credit if you're a week late, you know.
My first thought was to check the date.
Right? I saw Lawrence Krauss and a Star Trek actor attached to a geocentrism video and thought "uh, it's not April Fools anymore."
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Oh, right. I thought someone else had already posted it.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog