SD.net Seapower (RAR!)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

havokeff wrote:Fuckin' A! I have Marines on my boat. And they are all sexy red heads. Admiral's Orders. 8)
A crew of sexy Irish lassies? Sir I salute your ideas and wish to copy them and join under your command with my own crew of boxum Irish ladies.

Of course sexy Irish ladies during there time of the month.... Yes I will be on do not disturb duty myself.

(Hey I got no problem ripping off good ideas! :twisted: )
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

So who's coast are we gonna raid first?
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Hey, if you're going coastal raiding, I want to come along, just so I can sail in company with a ship named the SS Mighty Penis.

I suggest Brazil. We can hit the beaches at Rio.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I vote for screwing with Cuba. They've got it coming.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Davey
Padawan Learner

Post by Davey »

Me? If we were organized I'd simply wait for orders, and carry them out when they're given.

On the other hand, if we aren't, I'd simply take the ship and go sail around the world.
"Oh SHIT!" generally means I fucked up.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Sorry, Scotty... But I'm going with the wookie's idea. I mean, Cuba's got everything we could really want for a good starter raid. Booze, babes, and good cigars. Besides, that'd put us close to Jamiaca, and I want to raid them for their ganja and booze next.

But yeah, you can hang with the SS Mighty Penis when we go all Blackbeard on people's shit.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Mr. Coffee wrote:Sorry, Scotty... But I'm going with the wookie's idea. I mean, Cuba's got everything we could really want for a good starter raid. Booze, babes, and good cigars. Besides, that'd put us close to Jamiaca, and I want to raid them for their ganja and booze next.

But yeah, you can hang with the SS Mighty Penis when we go all Blackbeard on people's shit.
I say once we get the People's Republic of FuckYeah established, we legalize gambling and turn Cuba into the best fucking vacation spot ever. Legalize everything, but regulate it so there's no freaky OD-ing.

Then, we go trolling for pirates on the horn of Africa. A little Mogadishu payback, says I.
ImageImage
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I say once we get the People's Republic of FuckYeah established, we legalize gambling and turn Cuba into the best fucking vacation spot ever. Legalize everything, but regulate it so there's no freaky OD-ing.
The People's Republic of FuckYeah... With the capital city being FuckingAville.
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Then, we go trolling for pirates on the horn of Africa. A little Mogadishu payback, says I.
Yeah, gonna have to teach them bitches not to try and compete with us. I mean, they aren't even realy pirates. Those are just assholes that like go around killing people and stealing their boats and shit. Not like they sail the seven, or even the eight seas going on adventures, scoring babes, drinking booze, and bitch slapping people for laughs.

Damned amatures gonna give us real Pirates a bad name, yo.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

You know, I bet that if I sold most of the weapons and sensor systems off my Halifax, and rented out some of the internal spaces, I could furnish a pretty sweet yacht. SDNS Insouciance would carry on the finest traditions of taking it easy on the deep blue, and would of course be available for SDN Navy PR and diplomatic functions in order to justify the free fuel.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Mr. Coffee wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Then, we go trolling for pirates on the horn of Africa. A little Mogadishu payback, says I.
Yeah, gonna have to teach them bitches not to try and compete with us. I mean, they aren't even realy pirates. Those are just assholes that like go around killing people and stealing their boats and shit. Not like they sail the seven, or even the eight seas going on adventures, scoring babes, drinking booze, and bitch slapping people for laughs.

Damned amatures gonna give us real Pirates a bad name, yo.
I have a feeling this is going to be a LOT like McHale's Navy. 8)
ImageImage
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be a LOT like McHale's Navy. 8)
And that is a very cool and intensely awesome idea there... All we need to do it find some US Navy Admiral to have a case of the ass with us so we can pull hijinks on him. Shouldn't be hard.

Ok, so I'll be driving the frigate SS Mighty Penis. What the hell are you, Havokeff, and Scotty gonna call your boats?
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

weemadando wrote:We have the technology. We can live...

Under the sea, under the sea,
In an octopus' garden under the sea!

*nuclear depth charges start detonating*
I think I love you. I'll agree to this plan only if the submarines are yellow.

Also, my apologies if this has been asked, but how many ships are we even talking about?
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Lots of ships, thousands of ships and about a dozen CVNs and hundreds of nuke subs. That is pure awesome.
With my frigate I will commit myself to defending San Francisco! :D
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Has anyone else realized that this scenario gives MKsheppard access to a fully armed ballistic missile submarine?

(Like he's gonna pick the kirov)
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

Sidewinder wrote:One important thing that Zor forgot to give us is the technical, tactical, and strategic proficiency to match our ranks and our commands-- without them, those warships will be nothing more than overpriced yachts, and just as useful in combat.
He gave us competant crew, so in most situations, I am going to have my second be in command and take over a figure head role.
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

fusion wrote:Lots of ships, thousands of ships and about a dozen CVNs and hundreds of nuke subs. That is pure awesome.
With my frigate I will commit myself to defending San Francisco! :D
I counted and we have 20 Carriers. Compared to the USA's paltry 14 I say we are the #1 super power.
The Guid
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Guid »

Each with probably 90 aircraft if they are fully stocked. This makes us a small air power even if we are an incredible naval power.

I say the best we can do is to basically say "Hi, we're friends of the NATO. Don't touch." At which point I daresay the US and allies, sniffing potential gains will of course agree to this. At this point we can organise, get to the bargaining table and hire ourselves out where necessary. To be honest I think we can turn into a global force that prevents piracy, slave running and other things of that nature whilst commenting on the world stage and maybe trading for some luxuries.
Self declared winner of The Posedown Thread
EBC - "What? What?" "Tally Ho!" Division
I wrote this:The British Avengers fanfiction

"Yeah, funny how that works - you giving hungry people food they vote for you. You give homeless people shelter they vote for you. You give the unemployed a job they vote for you.

Maybe if the conservative ideology put a roof overhead, food on the table, and employed the downtrodden the poor folk would be all for it, too". - Broomstick
SpacedTeddyBear
Jedi Master

Post by SpacedTeddyBear »

I'd probably loiter around the coast of Kenya with my frigate, and hunt down those wannabe pirates in their little speedboats. Next I'd head to the coast of Venezuala with a pirate flag hoisted next to an american one, just to see if I can give Chavez a heart attack.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Me and my sub would found SDN's underwater X-Com base to become the frontline ship against the TERROR OF THE DEEP.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

I want to add the Navy's new railgun to my boat, just because I can. (if it will fit)
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

The Guid wrote:Each with probably 90 aircraft if they are fully stocked. This makes us a small air power even if we are an incredible naval power.
Hm, how do you consider 90 x 20 small? That's 1800 aircraft, all modern. Does the United States literally have thousands on thousands of aircraft? If the Chinese have only 300 or so modern aircraft how can 1800 aircraft be small? There'd be more quality aircraft than anybody bar the United States.
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

With my frigate, I either go pirate hunting off Somalia (for kicks) or join up with one of the larger vessels as part of their battlegroup. I can toy with upgrades later.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Dave wrote:I want to add the Navy's new railgun to my boat, just because I can. (if it will fit)
*snickers*

Good luck with that.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Sorry, Scotty... But I'm going with the wookie's idea. I mean, Cuba's got everything we could really want for a good starter raid. Booze, babes, and good cigars. Besides, that'd put us close to Jamiaca, and I want to raid them for their ganja and booze next.

I second this motion. The capturing of Cuba for a liberty port is vital to all!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

brianeyci wrote:
The Guid wrote:Each with probably 90 aircraft if they are fully stocked. This makes us a small air power even if we are an incredible naval power.
Hm, how do you consider 90 x 20 small? That's 1800 aircraft, all modern. Does the United States literally have thousands on thousands of aircraft?
Yes. Counting USAF, USN, USMC and Army aircraft, of all types, the US military has a couple thousand aircraft.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan