She Only LOOKS Harmless...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

StarSword
Jedi Knight

Re: She Only LOOKS Harmless...

Post by StarSword »

Oskuro wrote:Sad part of this story? You probably won't get to be there to see the Pumpkin's face when someone explains to her how much she has screwed up.
I hope whoever does that has the foresight to install a hidden camera, because they could sell tickets to that.
I mean, from a neurological standpoint, it'd be fascinating to hook her up to a neuroimaging device and see how her brain lights up when her ego has to face the massive narcissistic injury she is about to receive.
Funny thing, you know who the GDPH reminds me of?

Gul Dukat, pre-season 6 mental breakdown. Same galaxy-sized ego that says "I can do no wrong, therefore the world must be out to get me," but with an added dose of stupid. Broom had the right of it earlier when she said the story reads like fiction.
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Difference is that Dukat actually was a smart and capable tactician.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Then again it means Broomstick is playing the part of Bejamin "don't fuck with the" Sisko, quite properly even despite the lack of punching. :)
unsigned
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

How interesting.... which episodes are you referring to? I really must go back and watch them...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Thanas wrote:Difference is that Dukat actually was a smart and capable tactician.
Hence the "extra dose of stupid" I referred to.
Broomstick wrote:How interesting.... which episodes are you referring to? I really must go back and watch them...
For starters, I direct you to SF Debris' playlist of the Occupation of DS9 arc. There's a number of references to Dukat having a ... highly overworked mental editor, for lack of a better term. Also, see this exchange from the "Best of DS9" thread up in Pure Star Trek:
JME2 wrote:
darth_timon wrote:Then there's his 'why isn't there a statue of me on Bajor?' remarks to Weyoun in 'Sacrifice of Angels'.
I love the look Weyoun's giving Dukat as that scene goes on.

It's like the Vorta's finally realizing that Dukat has an ego the size of a spiral galaxy.

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Well, if you can't point to just one or two episodes it will have to wait, I just don't have the time to watch a season or two right now. Sure there isn't just one episode to recommend?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

The one where he and Captain Sisko get stranded on a desolate planet together. It's the first episode Dukat's in after his daughter is killed.

Which suggests the analogy might be even more apt, as Dukat was a smart and capable tactician for all his egomania up until then, at which point... something snapped.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Zaune wrote:The one where he and Captain Sisko get stranded on a desolate planet together. It's the first episode Dukat's in after his daughter is killed.
"Waltz" is the one you're thinking of, and @Broom, I wasn't saying watch the whole season 6, just the first six episodes ("A Time to Stand" through "Sacrifice of Angels").

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

OK, I'll check it out.

Once I get done with the unemployment office - now that's turning into a saga, thanks to the Pumpkin Harpy, but I need to deal with it before I tell it here.

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Note to self: Avoid government offices on Mondays, any other day of the week will have shorter lines.

StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Broomstick wrote:Note to self: Avoid government offices on Mondays, any other day of the week will have shorter lines.
Not so much. I tried to visit the IRS to get some paperwork for the financial aid department and waited an hour before finally deciding "fuck it" and requesting the paperwork be mailed to me. And this was a Wednesday.

My advice, bring a paperback or two (depending how fast a reader you are) and be prepared to curl up in a chair for a while.

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Normally the busiest days are Mondays and Fridays then Tuesdays and Thursdays with Wednesdays usually being the quietest*.

*that of course isn't always true.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

StarSword wrote:
Broomstick wrote:Note to self: Avoid government offices on Mondays, any other day of the week will have shorter lines.
Not so much. I tried to visit the IRS to get some paperwork for the financial aid department and waited an hour before finally deciding "fuck it" and requesting the paperwork be mailed to me. And this was a Wednesday.
Only an hour?

Yesterday I waited 1 hour 40 minutes (I can be remarkably patient). Today... about 15 minutes.

StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Broomstick wrote:Only an hour?
I didn't think to bring a book 'cause I didn't know you can't bring electronic devices inside, and they were severely understaffed for how busy it was. The line was hardly moving at all.

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

StarSword wrote:you can't bring electronic devices inside

Really? I'd go batshit insane there...
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Thanas wrote:Difference is that Dukat actually was a smart and capable tactician.
^ This.

I had an insomnia attack last night and wound up watching a couple of DS9 episodes. Yeah, there's a certain similarity there, but Gul Dukat actually had some brains, skills, and talents. As opposed to Pumpkin Harpy.

By the way - Pumpkin Harpy left me a voice mail today. Apparently she has NOT paid the court-ordered $100 for this month (which would explain why I haven't received a check). She wants to "work it out woman to woman". I am not going to reply to her, because all communication goes through the lawyer, but if I was going to speak to her....

Well, holy shit, bitch, if you can't cough up $100 ordered by the court system why the FUCK would I trust you in some sort of private arrangement? Hey, I offered that deal already, you turned it down. You can't figure out why I'm pursuing you? You still don't know what you did wrong? Come here and I'll whisper it in your ear....

YOU DIDN'T FUCKING PAY ME MY WAGES, CUNT!

Now, is that really so hard to understand?

I think what triggered this was my going to the unemployment office - on Tuesday I turned over my documentation to the state auditor. It would be a little quick to get official notice of an audit, but it's possible... Either that, or this is just desperation from not having $100 to give me this month and when she gets the audit notice her head is going to explode.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ya know, all these emails and voice mails directly to you might be considered harrassment.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Yes.... :twisted:

Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

I get the feeling Pumpkin Harpy is going to get an object lesson on how a person operating entirely within the legal framework can utterly fuck you up beyond belief.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Well, hell, at this point I don't have to do anything, I can just sit back and watch.

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

What are the chances of Pumpkin Harpy being stupid enough to try violence ?
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Pretty low. Not the least because she physically has problems moving. However, there is always a possibility, even if remote.

InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

And if she is stupid enough to hire someone, all you have to do is tell them the truth and they'll stop coming after you.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

InsaneTD wrote:And if she is stupid enough to hire someone, all you have to do is tell them the truth and they'll stop coming after you.
If Hollywood is any judge, hitmen tend to ask for half up front anyway. :mrgreen:

Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

I always understood the whole "woman to woman" or "man to man" thing to imply settling things with violence. :?

I really wonder what she truly had in mind for the "woman to woman" meeting. Although (and now I go on about my latest favourite subject) maybe it's just that she can't stand not dealing with Broomstick directly, because it means she's not important enough to put up with. Maybe she just wants to scream and be screamed at to feel she's still the main character in this shitty movie.
unsigned