SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread III

Post by PeZook »

Actually, I personally think most sub captains would either go into steel-faced "Make the attack" mode or "RAR REVENGE THE HOMELAND" homicidal rage due to systematic conditioning, but you can expect at least one sub to surrender. It probably wouldn't happen with nuclear bombers, since their crews are conditioned with constant drills where they don't know whats going on ; But these subs are in a completely different situation. They are told to wait a year after signals from Shepistan cease: they have a crapload of time to think things through, it's not a sudden "Motherland is under attack! Fire at once!" situation.

Of course, since Wilkens is taking the (rational) course of action of "do not allow the subs to come near the surface", this point is moot.

And yeah, if you look closely at a 200 BM attack against four continents (at least two of which are tightly integrated air defence-wise), it doesn't look that bad. Hell, the OC is riddled with hundreds of lasers bought after two years of participation in the Canissian program.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Wow, Shep is a fucking baby.

Good riddance I say, now lets continue with the game.

Also: Poor kittens. :(
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

PeZook wrote:And yeah, if you look closely at a 200 BM attack against four continents (at least two of which are tightly integrated air defence-wise), it doesn't look that bad. Hell, the OC is riddled with hundreds of lasers bought after two years of participation in the Canissian program.
The OC and Messica should be okay; Frequesue would be in slightly worse shape; the FTO has a more or less integrated air defence network under JNAC, but it doesn't cover nearly the entire continent. Still, it's got it where it counts (over the member states and their surroundings) - so a lethal missile could come down in (A) a random patch of jungle, where it'll kill a few monkeys and parrots and that's it, or (B) some god-forsaken shithole like the CFR heartland, which means people there will die of some Shepistani disease instead of naturally-occurring gholera, and the plague'll still be contained because, guess what, it's the middle of the boonies.

All things considered I would say we can say there'll be a few outbreaks here and there, which'll be contained by the FTO and local forces, and that's the end of that. Hell, I'd argue the net result for Frequesue is positive, since it'll allow us to pass off te FTO as a force of good on the continent, which will probably warm those nations that didn't like us before.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

I have a hundred over of S-300VM batteries, along with a hundred THAAD batteries, hundreds SM-3 missiles and what not like THEL batteries by the masses, and Shep launches that? I say we either continue from this point, or just revert to the start of the year.

And yeah... I'm going to say Shroomania and Byzantium organise joint patrols of the Mediterranean.. yah.. sub shooting will take place.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well, now I can pull through with that Runaway Defense Budget. Subs, bombers, nukes, ABM... the Old Continent is going to be a super fortress!

Oh, and...
Stanislav, on Shep wrote:Don't know, - Stanislav started smoking his pipe, regardless of the safety regime on the plane. - Maybe kids punched him with sticks when he was in kindergarten..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Awwww, Sheppie poo didicated some of his hate to me forgetting that I am probably covered by CSR, Peezoka and the USSR on top of my own basic defences and subs. Its not like I am a first world nation that would probably shut its borders off if massivly hit either.

God, he is like one of those whiny players that in RPG's that goes "well your all dead *hmph*
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Bluewolf wrote:Awwww, Sheppie poo didicated some of his hate to me forgetting that I am probably covered by CSR, Peezoka and the USSR on top of my own basic defences and subs. Its not like I am a first world nation that would probably shut its borders off if massivly hit either.

God, he is like one of those whiny players that in RPG's that goes "well your all dead *hmph*
Eh? Over PM?
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I can't believe how happy everyone is over Shep leaving the game! :lol:

We are such assholes. :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:Awwww, Sheppie poo didicated some of his hate to me forgetting that I am probably covered by CSR, Peezoka and the USSR on top of my own basic defences and subs. Its not like I am a first world nation that would probably shut its borders off if massivly hit either.

Eh? Over PM?
What do you mean?
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I think Fingolfin is wondering what you mean by Shep directing "some of his hate to [you]"; he may have missed the paragraph in Shep's long-winded muderdeathkill diatribe where Cialan is targeted as part of the DF-25 strike-from-beyond-the-grave (which I assume is what you mean).
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Sheppie woo wrote:Vulpesia, Cialan, Khitan, the USSR, etc had special attention paid to them.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Looks like he can dish it out but he can't take it himself! You know I honestly think that he didn't think anyone would hit him back, that he could just launch this attack and no one could retaliate. Mainly because people tend to just take his shit out of fear for what he'll do next.

Anyhoot it seems to me that either his attack is so dispersed that most of it won't even hit Astaria (e.g. it's launched from 60K feet), or else its so concentrated that it can be easily contained. I'm not sure if either of those make for superheavy casualties in Astaria proper, but I'd like to have Stas' opinion on the issue.

Also if we go with Steve's idea that Q intervenes that could also have an effect.
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Bluewolf wrote:
Sheppie woo wrote:Vulpesia, Cialan, Khitan, the USSR, etc had special attention paid to them.
Shep spreading the love. :lol:

Too bad for him he doesn't have a chance of doing any damage with that attack.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom, The "Jack" is commanded by Ramius, I think. Of course, it's fitting that Ramius should surrender his boat :P

EDIT:
Coyote wrote: "I don't know who the smart-ass was that decided to put a copy of the move On the Beach in the sub's library," the Captain said, "But I want to shake his hand."
Holy shit, this is awesome :D

EDIT2: Especially since you just know that our 'On The Beach' involves bioweapons rather than nukes :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shut up. I want my Crimson Tide.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Stas Bush wrote:The fun part would be helping the Old Dominion to machinegun Shepistani refugees. The mere thought about it is satisfying.

And here I was setting up for a Landgrab of EAST Shepistan, looks like I got the whole Continent!(eventually)

MWAHAHAAHAHAHA!

*Colonel Jones prepares expedition for Shepistani Ruins* :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Can we get rights to extract minerals and shit from that ruined wasteland?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

I would like to have some parts of the ruined Shepstani, Shepistan, Shepishit, whatever maybe like an outpost.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Shut up. I want my Crimson Tide.
Then, uh...change the name of the boat? :)

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Bluewolf wrote:I would like to have some parts of the ruined Shepstani, Shepistan, Shepishit, whatever maybe like an outpost.
What for? The place is full of deadly bioagents now. I'm not setting foot in there until several years have passed, and even then strict quarantine measures will be observed.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Can we get rights to extract minerals and shit from that ruined wasteland?
Erm.. you will need a lot of work to clean up the wasteland, which .. has been contaminated with anthrax.

As for me, I think it's time for me to get imperialistic. I have held onto Arabia so long unofficially, it's time to make it official. :D
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Heh...and I thought it would become boring without Shep. Now apparently everybody wants to get some!

BTW, I need to figure out the economic damage that a month of martial law will cause. Which is a lot, most likely :)

EDIT: And BTW, Japanistan is still there, so I wouldn't go all crazy in Arabia.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:Heh...and I thought it would become boring without Shep. Now apparently everybody wants to get some!

BTW, I need to figure out the economic damage that a month of martial law will cause. Which is a lot, most likely :)

EDIT: And BTW, Japanistan is still there, so I wouldn't go all crazy in Arabia.
Skimmer quit the game. What's to stop me?

And the place makes for a great transhipment port. I already laid tonnes of infrastructure, rails and all.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

And... established. The new city of Arabiapolis welcomes foreign investors, aside from the usual local ones. You may all come to set up office in the city. :D
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Mmmm... need any help with Arabia? :)

Sure, you can own it, but can I make monies out of it also?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!