SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:That's cause Shroomania plays really nice and is Super Best Friends with everyone and don't go around annexing third world crapholes, in the Old Continent, Frequesue, and elsewhere, and neither does it do covert ops into neighboring nations to blow up rogue submarines that aren't there! :P
Dude, the way Shep is leading this, I would hesitate to say it wouldn't lead to problems.
What has happened to your submarine guys infiltrating Shroomanian territory? The Shroompeace sub isn't in Shroomania and the Zorians have already caught it. What will your guys do now?

Remember, the very same thing happened in the last game, with Byzantium guys dicking around in Shroomanian territory. You're lucky that Shroomanians are laxer than laxatives, since we didn't cry foul at that and make things difficult. Instead, we continued working on BAM and selling guns and strats and shit.
More so when I'm afraid someone might pull a Coilerburg on us.
Look at Shady, he's the most adventurous guy in our bunch. :P
Maybe we could work something out. But first, your observer status.
Besides, the CCCP is sort of just a formalization of processes that are working together. Shroomania and the CSR are working on cybernetic organisms and lasers, Shroomania and Byzantium are working on aerospace tech, Shroomania and PeZookia are working on submarines and cruise missiles, Shroomania is working with everyone on FASTA (and is a major contributor), and Shroomania is paying to watch you people make your nukes, and you dudes in the SNC are doing all these things together as well.

While Shroomania may be an "outsider" in regards to the SNC, we're pretty much similar in that we're all afraid of the Japanistanis ruining our shit. Come on, I'm just a skip across the pond away from those Goddamn Japanistanis. Shroomania, unlike the MESS nations, is also decisively neutral in all sorts of foreign conflicts.

The only cause of concern you may have is Shroomania's super(not hyper)capitalism. But as you've observed in Shepistan-OD, we haven't sold either side guns because we know how dangerous that is. Instead, we sold them steroids and expired medicines and mannequin legs as makeshift prosthetics. :)

Maybe Shroomania should do some more humanitarian projects to appease you guys.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:(Sorry Siege. I'll sell you shorter-ranged hypersonic cruise missiles instead!)
I'm not very interested in buying shorter-ranged missiles. Strictly OOC: the FTO's been working on a Moskit/BrahMos analogue for some time, and it shouldn't be too long before we get a prototype up. We'll just do it the hard way and scale up once we've got our own functional short(ish) ranged supersonic anti-ship missile.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:What has happened to your submarine guys infiltrating Shroomanian territory? The Shroompeace sub isn't in Shroomania and the Zorians have already caught it. What will your guys do now?
Erm.. they were awaiting orders to proceed.

Since the sub is gone, they go home.
Remember, the very same thing happened in the last game, with Byzantium guys dicking around in Shroomanian territory. You're lucky that Shroomanians are laxer than laxatives, since we didn't cry foul at that and make things difficult. Instead, we continued working on BAM and selling guns and strats and shit.
Ah.. they were a rogue faction.... and you didn't clamp down on your local crazies either.
Look at Shady, he's the most adventurous guy in our bunch. :P
Shady at least he's reliable.

I'm not sure about other nations.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

End of last page, I laid the specs of the missiles out. ;)

P.S. Let it be known that there's strong unofficial support towards allowing Shroomania observer status. ;) After all, cooperating with Shroom in bionics is important ;) so people can RP my Supreme Soviet narrowly accepting the measure. ;)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Stas Bush wrote:End of last page, I laid the specs of the missiles out. ;)

P.S. Let it be known that there's strong unofficial support towards allowing Shroomania observer status. ;) After all, cooperating with Shroom in bionics is important ;) so people can RP my Supreme Soviet narrowly accepting the measure. ;)
Where's the specs? Can't find it.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Where's the specs? Can't find it.
Stas Bush wrote:There are four parameters of a hypersonic cruise missile: altitude of cruise, cruise speed at given altitude, range and payload.

Typical altitudes are 7-20 km, highest cruise speeds for such heavy vessels currently attained at altitudes around such are 4-5 Mach, top speeds at Mach 6-7.

Down by the ground, in low flight (1-3 km alt), speeds for heavier supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles range from Mach 1+ to Mach 3-, general technology bracket (if I'm wrong, correct me).

Payloads range from ~300 kg to ~1000 kg.

Range for a heavy cruise missile should be relevant - over 1000 km. Over 2000 km is good, over 3000 very good, 5000 km is very, very good and somewhere on the border of becoming a mid-range strategic munition.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

By the way, SiegeTank, will President Hank receive the Exarch?
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:By the way, SiegeTank, will President Hank receive the Exarch?
Yes, he most certainly will. Like I said in OOC mode, I didn't want to start things off whilst Mr. Decius was still busy talking to Shroom's ambassador, but insofar as I'm concerned you can just begin the meeting whenever you feel.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Fingolfin, I know that the fourteen frigates I ordered won't be ready for another six months to a year, but what about the factory you said you were going to set up so I can buy my own Pumas and K2s? Has it already been set up, or are there still a few more months left until that's done?

Also, the completed K2s and Pumas you supposedly sent me. I probably got them a long time ago, it's just that neither of us really acknowledged it, right?
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Fingolfin, I know that the fourteen frigates I ordered won't be ready for another six months to a year, but what about the factory you said you were going to set up so I can buy my own Pumas and K2s? Has it already been set up, or are there still a few more months left until that's done?

Also, the completed K2s and Pumas you supposedly sent me. I probably got them a long time ago, it's just that neither of us really acknowledged it, right?
I think, let's just assume the factory began construction when the agreement made, and that test copies were sent.

Let's assume that the factory, on a fast build, could do a few lines within 6-12mths.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

There. That explains why Byzantium guys don't really like Shroomanians. You're a bunch of anti-Shroomites. :P

(and so are the Sargonians)

:lol:
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Antishroomitism, eh? :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think the Shadows should have "de-education" camps. They would be places where the Shadows turn undesirables into drooling morons that'll be used for manual labor or something. Lobotomies may be in order. Or not.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh God...I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes.

Antishroomitism?!?!

:lol:
I think the Shadows should have "de-education" camps. They would be places where the Shadows turn undesirables into drooling morons that'll be used for manual labor or something. Lobotomies may be in order. Or not.
I don't think so. A simpler solution is to just exile them.
Shady at least he's reliable.
Indeed. :wink:

P.S.

Good thing that the war is over.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

DarthShady wrote: I don't think so. A simpler solution is to just exile them.
Hey!

Do you think I want a bunch of tribalist assholes setting up show in my country? :P

And yeah, it's good the war is over. It's too bad we've seen tens of thousands of people die over bullshit.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

PeZook wrote:
DarthShady wrote: I don't think so. A simpler solution is to just exile them.
Hey!

Do you think I want a bunch of tribalist assholes setting up show in my country? :P
Nobody is stopping you from doing the same thing.:wink:

Send them to Shroomania, I'm sure they would fit right in. :lol:

Also: The PeZookian observers are about to have the tour of their lives.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

BTW will any of the refugees think of emigrating somewhere? Like say Astaria? I'm thinking of doing an immigration campaign.
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I'm inclined to think that Astaria's...somewhat tarnished reputation might discourage the sort of refugees you'd want from settling there.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well Indhopal has made its decision on the CSR's offer of aid. With Shady's annexation of neighboring countries making annexation a pattern for the CSR and its allies, that is simply not something Indhopal can be associated with given their political situation.

I am still interested in Strategic weapons talks and observer swaps though (Note those parts of the plan weren't condemned in the speech :wink: ) in order to make devastating miscommunications with the CSR less likely.

This is probably going to be about it for Indhopal for a couple of days as well. I have to go on a trip Friday Morning and should be coming back in on Monday.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Lonestar's trying to develop Skyshields on his own when I can simply sell completed systems to him. $15 million per system sold should sound reasonable enough.

The aftermath of the Shepistan-Old Dominion war in general could potentially mean big business for Morgenroete, KyoAvi, and other companies in Langley. A decent selection of weapons at decent prices for both of their militaries. What more could they want? :D
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Norseman wrote:BTW will any of the refugees think of emigrating somewhere? Like say Astaria? I'm thinking of doing an immigration campaign.
You know I'm supposed to hate these guys(incharacter), but even I don't want them to become slaves.

Besides what the hell are you going to do with terrorists, criminals and other outcasts?

Are you scheming against me? :lol:
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

So, it appears both Baerne and I are timing the consolidation of our ends of the Broken up CFR quite nicely.

It is almost as if we planned it.

Edit: Shady, if you are willing to help ship them out, the Kingdom of Earles could always use more citizens to tax and build a nation out of.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Almost...But not quite. I actually didn't know you'd posted; You entered it while I was typing mine.

What exactly is the Kingdom of Earles?
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Master_Baerne wrote:Almost...But not quite. I actually didn't know you'd posted; You entered it while I was typing mine.

What exactly is the Kingdom of Earles?
Exactly.

The Kingdom of Earles is the official name of my project in the Untamed Wilderness, since the coup by Joshua Earles. Before that it was known as 'The Settlement Project," then just 'the Settlement'
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Ahhh...And why are you allowing them to their own country, as opposed to a suburb of the Vineyards?
Conversion Table: