SD.Net World(RAR!) MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

News briefs from the Qudlivun Free State

Ruling party protests early opposition election ads
A spokesman for the current ruling Parliamentary party has chastised several opposition parties in the run-up to the coming Parliamentary elections. In advance of the traditional start date for advertisements several minor opposition parties have begun campaigning the election still months away. The date for the upcoming elections is set for 02 March, 2012 with the new members being seated one month later. The traditional election season begins in November.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

San Antonio Buisnessweek
As SWP&E revenues soar, pipeline expansion is the name of the game.

Things are busy in Fort Worth, as Gulf Oil, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Power & Electric, prepares to build a third PLUTO line, this time to the Bear Republic.

"Things are very exciting, and we've reached an agreement with the Baer Republic Senate to lay a PLUTO line into their country, to allow ease of transfer of petroleum products from the fields of the LSR to their country." VP of Infrastructure Roger Reynolds said.

"We'd originally approached the UKB for a line as well, but we recieved a cool reception. The intent was to establish a PLUTO line the same as the ones with Tian Xia and Wilkonia, but the UKB government was asking questions that seemed to lead to an assumption that the UKB would be he operator of the line. We've since dropped the project."

Oil production in the LSR has continued to soar, with an expectation to reach the 12mil barrels a day mark by the end of the year. But the phenomenal rise in production has not caused Gulf Oil(and SWP&E) to rest on their laurels.

"We've ordered two drillships for the purposes of conducting exploration of LSR coastal waters and the Sabine Sea[located between the LSR, Tian Xia, and Wilkonia]. These vessels will be exploring for 'shallow' deposits, that is, oil two miles or less from the surface. We also intend to order a jack-up oil rig for exploration purposes...the '
Tarzan' will be able to explore down to six miles underneath the surface."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constantinople Times

Constantinople Shipyards, Byzantine Heavy Industries and Kontos Munitions showcase "defence platform concept"

With tests of the nuclear reactor floating barge, the Constantinople Shipyards, Byzantine Heavy Industries and Kontos Munitions jointly showcased a defence platform concept which is reminscent of the old blockships but this time, these ships are equiped with the Aegis system along with a large complement of Standard Missiles and cruise missiles and anti-ship missiles. These ships are designed to defend coastal cities from missile attack. The Government is currently evaluating the concept and may or may not purchase it.

Government orders the laying of a sonar system to surround the nation.

The Government has ordered the laying of a sonar system around the nation. The system will monitor traffic towards Byzantium and monitor any submarine incursion. Constantinople Shipyards Subarmine division will be supervising the construction of the system.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Zablania, Dawn

The jungle chirped with life, and huge shapes moved in the pre-dawn darkness, some roaring out their dominance to the world. Alas, their reign over Zablania was soon to end...

Passing over the western coast of Saddamistan, the MGM-191C Land Attack Missile flew through the dawn sky at 2,773 miles per hour at 40,000 feet. Below it; it's TERCOM guidance system located it's position and began the dive down to attack speed and altitude.

Within five minutes, the huge missile was doing 2,656 MPH at a mere 1,000 feet and continuing to descend. As it crossed Zablania's coastline, it was doing 2,283 MPH at an eye blistering 100 feet; the huge shockwave from it's passage was enough to snap trees in half, and cause larger animals to drop over insensate, bleeding from orifices due to the overpressure. And that was before the radioactive exhaust from the ramjet engine began to drift down.

On this mission, the LAM was carrying no nuclear warheads -- it didn't need to. The guidance computer after recognizing it had overflown most of the island, commanded the missile to nose up slightly, before commanding a down angle action; causing the huge thirty-ton missile to slam into the ground at 2,200 MPH; unleashing 15,606 megajoules of energy, and sending a shockwave rippling through the jungle; along with a huge plume of radioactive materials from the drive section....

UAR Joint Press Office

"At 0761 Hours this morning, Operation STEEL BADGER was carried out, testing the effects of a MGM-191C land attack missile in it's unarmed configuration to destroy enemy targets. The former nation of Zablania was used as a testing range, due to it's devastation from the kill bot attack, and also to eliminate any lingering environmental activists on the island...Early indications show that the weapon effects exceeded our expectations..."

Path of LAM in Grey Line
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

The newly commissioned AWACS stratellite was over Byzantium undergoing testing and monitoring the radar traffic and beaming the signal down. On the ground, control stations were monitoring the data readings from the stratellite. Suddenly, they picked up a fast moving signal that quickly disappeared over the horizon. "What the fuck?! Didn't that come from Shepnukistan controlled Neverhood?" yelled one of the radar controllers.

The commanding officer looked at the radar track. Picking up a telephone, he called Imperial Byzantine Air Defence Command. "Sir, we picked up an anomaly that originated from Neverhood in the Shepnukistan controlled section. The anomaly has disappeared beyond the horizon."

"Hand the data to the analysis section."

"Yes sir, will do."
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Astoria, Royal Palace

When the news hit the assembled MESS and FUN leaders, it did so with about the force of the Shepnukistani missile strike.

It was a few hours after President Iler had left, and President Shinra and the others were enjoying a quiet moment in the garden. Naturally, the quiet didn't last long.

"They did what?" exclaimed King Paul.

The major, unhappily the bearer of bad news, repeated that a press release had been issued by the UAR that they had "tested" a new missile. Impact point: Zablania.

"Jesus Christ..." muttered President Shinra as he looked around at the others. "Those fuckers never learn, do they?"
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Presidential Palace, Austin
"Tell me, General Sharpe," Lonestar said in icy tones. "Just what is the use of having a very expensive spy satellite over the Island of Neverhhod if this kind of shit catches us off-guard?"

LTG Tim Sharpe, Director of the Bureau of Military Information, remained at rigid attention.

"Sir, it happened so fast that..."

"Secretary Chiu, including launche costs, how much did that DEADEYE we put up a few weeks ago cost? The ones with some of the best optics and radar in the world?"

"$3bil." Treasurer Chiu said.

"Christ. McFibblestein has a throbbing woody right now, I'm sure of it." Lonestar put his head in his hands.

"Sir..."

"You do realize all new Reecee satellite funding for the next couple of years has basically been killed, right? We'll have to rely on MSA assets for anything new."

"Sir..."

"Dismissed." Lonestar picked up the phone, and spoke to the switchboard operator. "I need to set up a secure VTC with MESS leadership, and major FUN nations."

[OOC: I'm going to bed guys, go ahead and start without me.]
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

MESS New Horizons project office

"So we got a solid track?"

"Completely through from when it shot out of neverhood and attained enough height for the test station to see it through terminal."

"Well I guess that is something"

"I'd say its more than something, we had the system on basically maintenance level powers and only ramped up when MESS Northern Command indicated unusual activity coming out of the weapons range"

"Did anybody get an efficiency report on the ramp up and the processing suite?"

"No, we'll be able to use the event loggin to get some but more than likely we will have to do a bunch of simulation runs to get a better idea of a realistic alert timeframe."

"Allright, given that we didn't expect to have an exercise like this I would say kudos to the guys on the rig but send the whole thing into a complete standdown so we can see if running it that hot did anything."

"But sir the data was streaming fine and if Shep is going to launch another it will be in the near future before the MESS and FUN council's can convene to denounce him."

"I know but we are still years from operational readiness and I will not break the first generation prototype on the off chance that we might get another launch picture like that."

"Aye, aye sir."

"Good, then if there is nothing else I assume I am probably going to have the MESS Joint Headquarters on the line soon and I need to head them off at the pass until we get a full technical report. Everyone else take your lunch and see about wringing the most amount of data we can possibly squueze out of this."
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Wilkonian Air Service Announces new purchases

The Wilkonian Air Service (WAS) today announced that it has concluded an agreement with the Republic of Orestias to purchase four more squdrons of F-22 fighter aircraft. Details of the deal have not yet been anounced however the WAS has already indicated that this is a multi-year contract that is designed to work in conjunction with the new National Security directives issued by the King.

As such the WAS has been working with various nations to explore routes towards increasing its land-based fighter defenses whle the Navy continues to morph into its role as the principal strike arm for the Ministry of Defense. Sources familair with the deal have indicated that the decision was made to go with Orestias both due to the need for rebuilding the naiton's economy after the upheavals of late last year and in order to create a balanced supply chain for fighter and support aircraft.

The WAS also announced that it is seeking funding in FY12 to expand its airborne refueling capability.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Astoria, Royal Palace

Prime Minister Shroom's groin-o-phone was buzzing and vibrating at the calls of half a dozen FUN and Shroomanian honchos all screaming bloody murder at what had just happened. The combined scrotal resonance was more than enough to send the world leader into a jerky gig of 'The Robot', but no one paid him any attention, as bothered as they were by their own communiques.

"Jesus Christ!" Shroom cried out in horror. "Goddamn it!"

The Shepnukistanis had nuked Zablania. Not nuked with an actual bomb, but hitting it with a nuclear-powered missile was practically the same. There was no initiation, but radiological alerts were off the roof.

The Byzantines had a communications line directly to the Mushroom Military's Aerospace Defense Over Command (MADOC) and had told them that, yes, in all likelihood the thing that hit Zablania was the same thing that just shot out of East Neverhood.

Shroom answered his phone.

"Goddamn," he replied to FIA Director Baylor over at his Refrigeron.

"Goddamn," he replied to Commander Cornelius Coot of the FUN Force.

"Goddamn," he replied to Emperor Shady - who was shrieking about how polluted air might end up blowing into the Shadow Empire.

"Goddamn," he went on until he had sufficiently answered everyone's queries, and then he turned off his phone's vibration and placed it back on its crotch holster.

"Goddamn." The FUN's Founder said in finality.

He faced his fellowmen, of the FUN and the MESS.

"Gentlemen," he began. "What the fuck?!"
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

The radar track and information was sent immediately to the Emperor's transport. Upon receiving it, the courier immediately sent the print outs to the Emperor. The courier arrived at the palace and hurried to the Emperor's room.

"What in all the... " the Emperor looked starkly at the radar feeds. "Are you certain?"

"Sire, we estimated the object travelled at at 2,773 miles per hour at 40,000 feet. Sir, the research team was just flying out from Zablania also reported an anomalous object heading towards Zablania."

"Damn those bastards. Looks like that Stratellite is going to be useful as I expected. We are going to meet Rufus now. Calisto, come with me."
Kreia
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Defense Support Program
Tracking Office

"Well, sir, you can see that we do have a complete IR track of the missile from when it took off in Nukistani Neverhood, to when it impacted in Zablania, including all the crazy maneuvers they had it take to completely overfly every part of Zablania. It's not very quick to turn at M3. You risk unstarting if you try to do it too fast. So it went over significant portions of the sea as well."
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Astoria, Royal Palace

"Fuck! Fuck Shep and his goddamned hard-on for his fucking missiles! Fuck his nukes and his attitude! God fucking dammit, and we seemed to have been doing so well...", it was the first time when King Paul actually cursed like that aloud. It was unsettling to other national leaders to see him like that.

But nobody could really blame him. He just got radiological estimates and wind patterns, and they didn't look very good.

"Well, gentlemen...Shep has managed to do it. Thanks to him, there is no chance for actual scientific study, a nature preserve or resource exploitation of Zablania. Some Christmas present he gave us...the fucker."

"Gentlemen, I think you need to consult your governments. I also have a few calls to make."

Paul went out to get his phone. He noticed that RogueIce and Shroom were already showed to the comms room. For a teleconference, probably.

Goddamn the fucking Nukistanis...
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSat/StratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
PEOPLE PROTEST

Today, thousands of Shroomanian citizens gathered to protest Shepnukistan's recent and unwarranted nuclear attack on Zablania. From Farbanti to North Point to St. Ark, men, women and children spoke out against the second Nukistani nuclear incident in less than two years.

One protester, out of many.

"They're doing it again," said protester Sally Slutters. "It's like clockwork, the exact same time last year, they're nuking everything again! This is why we can't have nice things!"

"We don't even know if there are people left in Zablania. Not survivors from the original crisis, but what about those soldiers and scientists from the FUN and the MESS who came after they rescued Miss Jia?"

"And what if the radiation spreads to the neighboring Central Sea nations?"
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Royal Palace, Ashford City

"The Shepnukistanis did WHAT?!" Lelouch screamed in his older sister's face.

"Calm yourself, little brother," Cornelia said as she backed away slightly from Lelouch. "Anyway, the intel we've received doesn't lie. The Shepnukistanis fired a nuclear-powered cruise missile at Zablania. From what we've heard, the missile didn't have an actual payload. However, you can probably guess that radiation readings in the area will be through the roof for quite a while."

"We're due south of those buggers, to boot," Lelouch said. "What do we do?"

"I don't know," Cornelia replied. "At this point, all we can do is wait and see what else happens."
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Press release by the Neverhoodian Testing Center

Today, UAR scientists released the first of several dozen prototype weather research balloons into the sky. They will cruise in the upper atmosphere for months on end, gathering vital information on Terra Nova's atmosphere.

Shepnukistani Presidental Residence

"So, how goes Project FLYING CLOUD?"

"Sir, we released the first prototypes for the WS-124A project earlier this morning at the NTC. We'll see if it's feasible to use balloons that fly at 100,000 feet as a Strategic Biological/Chemical Bombardment system."

"Cover story?"

"Sir, cover story is that they're weather balloons."

"Not UFOs?" replied Sheppard, disappointment evident in his voice.

"Sorry sir."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

+www.funforums.com.shrm/chat+

Username

Einhander_Sn0wman: mang, those shepnukistanis are so uncool

haas_mark: thats so true, boyfriend

Einhander_Sn0wman: we need to do something about this

haas_mark: yeah, like those protests over shroomania?

Einhander_Sn0wman: yup yup

haas_mark: it had a lot of girlies and DAETH took a lot of pics

Einhander_Sn0wman: too bad we don't like girlies

haas_mark: no, we like penis

+ace_pace has logged on+

ace_pace: hay guys!

Einhander_Sn0wman: hey cutie

haas_mark: hows lyf in da neverhoodie? :)

ace_pace: it sucks, mang.

Einhander_Sn0wman: how's yer mom?

ace_pace: she has the leukemia

Einhander_Sn0wman: ...sorry :(

ace_pace: goddamn shepnukistanis and their nuclears...

haas_mark: they're so gay, mang

Einhander_Sn0wman: but we're gay, mang!

haas_mark: oh yeah, sorry Einy

Einhander_Sn0wman: don't worry, mang. i love ya

haas_mark: i love ya too! *blows kiss*

ace_pace: hay guys, are we just gonna stand for this?

Einhander_Sn0wman: no wai!

haas_mark: sheppy-poo nuclear? do not want!

+DAETH has logged on+

DAETH: hay guys!

Einhander_Sn0wman: hay DAETH!

haas_mark: hay DAETH!

ace_pace: hay DAETH!

DAETH: whatcha think of mah leet photos? i think i got the depth of field rite, if you get what i mean!

DAETH: i mean boobies!

ace_pace: lol

Einhander_Sn0wman: needs moar penis

DAETH: O RLY?

haas_mark: ya rly!

DAETH: ok

ace_pace: shut ups, mangs! we have to make our stand for freedom! once more the new world is on the path of destruction...

ace_pace: we must make our time!

Einhander_Sn0wman: you launch ZIG?

ace_pace: no... worse than zig.

haas_mark: lyk those protests in shroomania? me and einy were talking about the protests in shroomania an'...

ace_pace: listens!

DAETH: whut?

ace_pace: i shall tells secrets

Einhander_Sn0wman: we know ur bi, kk thnx

haas_mark: and has a unibrow

ace_pace: shut up

DAETH: ok

ace_pace: last year during the nuclear new year nightmare, i was part of operation zirconium information gala - operation ZIG - and we broadcast in Radio Free Nukistan

DAETH: kewl

ace_pace: shut up

DAETH: mang!

ace_pace: we cause anonymous to gather and blow up vans

Einhander_Sn0wman: lyk hackers on steroids?!

ace_pace: lyk hackers on steroids

haas_mark: mah pants ah gettin' tight!

DAETH: kewl

Einhander_Sn0wman: HOT

ace_pace: we must organize a new ZIG, a bigger ZIG - longer, harder, and uncut!

ace_pace: DAETH

DAETH: whut?

ace_pace: you has friends who are journos, ryt?

DAETH: ya

ace_pace: einy

Einhander_Sn0wman: whut?

ace_pace: you has friends who are in WHORE an CLIT, ya?

Einhander_Sn0wman: ja

ace_pace: haas!

haas_mark: yes!

ace_pace: you has a boner, rite?

haas_mark: aye!

ace_pace: EXCELLENT

*ace_pace posts picture of green frog*

ace_pace: we shall begin the operation in two days

ace_pace: they will rue the day they uttered the word... boner.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Coilerburg receives first fixed-wing fighters

Somewhat behind schedule, Coilerburg has nonetheless received its first fixed-wing fighter planes in the form of six HAL Tejas fighters delivered today from New Patria.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

NMCC, The Trigon, Austin

Let the lunacy get well and truly underway. Lonestar thought. The bevy of VTC screens were popping up, and Rogue Ice, as presiding officer of the MESS, began.

"All right Matt, since you called the VTC, do you have anything to start off with?"

Lonestar coughed.

"Yes, I do. First of all, while the LSR will bring it's air defenses to heightened alert as well as it's special artillery battalions, we will not go to a warfooting. We have no plans to prepare for a general nuclear war with the UAR."

Lonestar paused, then continued.

"Second, it is the opinion of the LSR intelligence agencies that this is not a prelude to a nuclear attack on anyone, not the MESS, or FUN."

"He fired on FUN territory!" Shroom shouted. Lonestar ignored him and kept on speaking.

"Third, we have learned through our associates in the RON that the Shepnukistani State Department considered Zablania to be abandoned territory. I might add that the LSR considered it the same."

"TECHNICALITIES MANG! He may have killed FUN citizens, we're still fucking assessing the situation! Not to mention the fallout!" That was Shroom again. Lonestar paused, then continued.

"I, that is to say, the LSR, considers it an exercise in futility to seek restitution in regards to the fallout, due to the prior Precedents of no one reigning Shepnukistan in in the past. Even during the existence of the OMSK Pact. While we would support a bid for restitution for any dead citizens, the LSR notes that we have no treaty obligations with the FUN and we will not go to war over this."

The General Secretary of the RT jabbed a finger at Lonestar.

"You would be singing a different tune if it were MESS territory attacked!"

"Perhaps, but in this case, we don't have any islands that have been depopulated due to Killbots. The LSR will not go to war with the UAR over this."
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

East Faw Naval Complex, Eastern Saddamistan
Dry Dock Tunnel 2

For four years Saddamistan engineers had blasted into the solid rock of East Faw Point, a jagged five thousand foot tall outcropping near Zoria that had been a landmark for navigators for longer then history. From one end they had cut in tunnels for supplies, workshops and munitions, while on a sea face that canted back towards the shoreline other teams had excavated three huge chambers. Tunnels 1 and 2 held immense dry-docks, able to accept submarines of up to 120,000 tons on paper, while Tunnel 3 was a wet tunnel for the rearming and refueling of diesel boats, and the protected storage of coastal missile craft.

Tunnel 2 held the latest product of the Saddamistan engineering fresh from yards at New Basra, the Project Saddam submarine landing ship tank Arab Ziggurat. Four HEN-7 nuclear reactors provided a total of 80,000shp for the 30,000 ton submarine, which floated high in the water of the flooded dock. A quad 57mm gun turret was mounted at each end of the conning tower, and the boat was armed with four torpedo tubes but combat was not its primary mission.

Instead the outer casing of the bow opened as two pairs of clamshell doors, revealing parallel folding ramps which extended onto land. The submarine had two cargo pressure hulls, both parallel to the central pressure hull which held crew, engines and weapons, which could now be reached through enormous downward swinging cargo hatches.

It would take both Arab Ziggurat and her sister submarine Claw of Saddam to transport the first echelon of the 3rd Special Republican Guard Radiological Engineering Bridge. One by one the submarines hulls swallowed up massive 200 ton Saddam Super Dozer (SSD-9) nuclear powered armored bulldozers, alongside heavy duty articulating dump trucks and hydraulic excavators, all run off hydrogen, to be supplied by one of several embarked Arab Peoples Mobile Reactor Type 1 tracked mobile nuclear generator sets. Hundreds of Special Republican guardsmen marched aboard, each one hauling a 100lb weight lead lined protective suit as part of his luggage. Defensive armament was not neglected, and several Lion of Bablyon tanks rolled aboard last, allowing them to land first on the unknown beach of Zablania.

The second echelon would fly in, once as per plan both Saddamistani submarines made landfall by surprise and before a FUN reaction could be mounted, quickly bulldozed a crude airstrip. And after all, it was only a mission to clean up a mess.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Red Technocracy Supreme Council communique
Whilst expressing ire at the actions of UAR with the recent nuclear crash in Zablania, we are relieved to see that the UAR are willing to take steps for disaster mitigation.

In the spirit of good relations, our nation's leaders are willing to accept their aid in de-activating the contaminated regions in Zablania.

However, other FUN members are free to voice their own opinion on this diplomatic collision.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

"Calisto, send a message back. Tell them to go ahead with the Wrath of the Sun project."

Calisto gave the Emperor a stare, "Are you sure sire."

"Yes. I am sure. Tell them to work day and night and get it running in a few months. I understand that they spent the year fabricating the parts of the weapon. All they need is time to put it together, and then test it."

"Alright sire."

"And Callisto? Tell the Admirals to be prepared to surge all the carriers out in a week. Any heavy modification work can wait. Tell them to get the pilots ready and drilling at once."
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-30 02:01am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

PFL ILER DECLARES COILERBURG ALLY OF THE UAR

President for Life C. O. Iler has just declared Coilerburg an ally of the United Atomic Republic, claiming that their Zablania missile test marked their "commitment to righteous defiance of the tyrannical superpower alliances."

He has invited the UAR to base whatever forces they desire in and around his country.
Visitor of five museum ships.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:"Perhaps, but in this case, we don't have any islands that have been depopulated due to Killbots. The LSR will not go to war with the UAR over this."
"C'mon Matt, you should know me better by now. I'm the last to go looking for a war, no matter what anyone tries to say."

Rufus sighed. "Look, he fucked up, but I'm willing to let it go as a mistake. A pretty big one, but fine. It's done. I'm willing to work with reparations and a promise to aid in cleanup. Though we'll all pitch in on that."

He looked over at Stas. "I know your feelings on it. But preliminary data would indicate that fallout effects should be fairly minimal outside of Zablania itself. Hopefully the winds were to the south-southwest. Should be enough open ocean to minimize the effects."
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

RogueIce wrote:"C'mon Matt, you should know me better by now. I'm the last to go looking for a war, no matter what anyone tries to say."

Rufus sighed. "Look, he fucked up, but I'm willing to let it go as a mistake. A pretty big one, but fine. It's done. I'm willing to work with reparations and a promise to aid in cleanup. Though we'll all pitch in on that."

He looked over at Stas. "I know your feelings on it. But preliminary data would indicate that fallout effects should be fairly minimal outside of Zablania itself. Hopefully the winds were to the south-southwest. Should be enough open ocean to minimize the effects."
"My people barely got out there before that missile hit the place," the Emperor grumbled. "But if they are willing to clean up the mess, it's fine by me. Though it seems our dear Coilerburg decided to join hands with UAR, for God knows what reason. Seems that people who can't play by the rules, join hands together."
Kreia