SD.Net World(RAR!) MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

The delegation form Indhopal had an additional guest with it; Colonel Grau, commander of Alexandria's elite Iron Guard formation. MP Larsen introduced the Colonel, and said he was here to represent Alexander in the discussions. The Colonel interrupted at this point and disputed that the General's lands were dependent on Ramsley's militias. They now were able to meet there own needs, with help from their new international partners. He went on to say much of what the Pezookia said was true, and Alexander was willing to work with the international community to improve conditions for the people. On the front of commander's and militias he said the report was untrue. Alexander had very good control over his forces and other reports were merely vicious rumors.

MP Larsen went on to continue that he believed an international effort as outlined by Pezookia would be necessary and that Indhopal was willing to participate
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Atlantis, Bathroom

CONSPIRING WHISPERS IN BATHROOM STALLS
FROM PRIME MINISTER SHROOM OF SHROOMANIA
TO (IN NEIGHBORING AND ADJACENT STALLS, OR VIA ENCRYPTED CELLPHONE)
KING PAUL OF PEZOOKIA
EMPEROR HERACLIUS OF BYZANTIUM
KING ARIK OF CANISSIA

"We're here right now, so I can't really pass around letters written in blank ink on dark paper. So, we're gonna have to go with conspiring whispering and conniving scheming, instead.

"Things have been started, so we have to work fast. The PeZookians, hey Paul, are already talking really fast with the Technocrats and the Shinrans are going in on it as well. If we aren't quick, they'll be finished before we can say anything...

"I do think a lot of their points are agreeable, though. I'm afraid Shroomania still won't recognize the three warlords, but I think it'll give them some incentive. If PeZookia, Shinra and the Red Technocrats recognize the three stooges - then good for them. But, see, if everyone recognizes them, Ramsley, Alex, and Sultan I-bra will have everything on a silver platter.

"If we have those three tenors - Paul, Rufus, and Stas (and his hot wife) - recognize the three stooges but the rest of us tell them that we won't, and if we tell them that they have to earn our trust and our embassies, then that might convince them to actually try and do something.

"Paul can give them a nibble on the carrot, but me and Arik can dangle the carrot out of arms reach. Once they have a taste of that carrot, they're gonna want more and they're gonna reach for it and work for it. It'll be motivational. What do you guys think?

"Lastly, I think our multi-national and cross-alliance statement of protest should come soon. But, like, after a recess or something. Let Ania and Rufus and the lot of them have their say, so we won't be rude :)"

EDIT

"And, you know what? Goddamn the Super Saddam Special. Goddamn him. Screw him, man. He's not even here. Nuts to him. We DO have to do something about him. Flood his mailbox with an angry letter. Send an ISCA shipment full of BodyOil or magazines or calendars.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Atlantic Conference

King Arik Coyotus-I of Canissia left the restroom. Behind him there was a slight commotion--

"Officer! Officer!"
"No, you don't understand... I just have a wide stance!"

--but Arik ignored them.

He liked what Minister Shroom had to say, and he liked the immense amount of progress Paul was making with Rufus and Ania. Still, while he knew he was going to throw a wet blanket on the campfire of goodwill that was developing, he felt that important issues were being ignored. He sat down next to Miss Samira, who specialized in Arab-Muslim lands, and she got him caught up on what he missed.

"It is well known," Arik said, "That I find these warlords, all of them, to be of reprehensible reputations and character," he said. "It is also well known that I believe recognising them fully as sovereign states is giving too much.

"However, it is also well known-- I would hope-- that I, and the people of Canissia, always hold out hope for peace and negotiations... perhaps even when conventional wisdom dictates otherwise.

"I am willing to table a measure that would recognise the three competing factions as protectorates of the various patron alliances. The warlords themselves and whatever form of governing councils they decide will be caretaker governments, and they will be open for non-military aid. Their status will be open for review if there is violence."

Arik paused, frowning, clearly reluctant to mentioned the next. It was, in his point of view, a major concession.

"The Republic of Canissia is willing-- in the spirit of international cooperation-- to extend them the opportunity to gain some credibility, but the grading curve is high."

In other words, he thought to himself, I'm doing this for our allies and for international peace and cooperation... not because I give a damn about these rats.

"Meanwhile, I think it is important to set some ground rules for all the rest of us. It will be difficult for us to convince them to act like civilised human beings when we ourselves squabble like a council of tribal savages."

It became evident that Arik was experiencing a resurgence of the anger and indignant rage that had propelled him earlier as he got to the meat of his points.

"First of all, we must all agree that we are going to do this. We must agree to common goals, and most importantly of all, we must ALL agree to a single, unified command authority -- a sort of Allied Commission for Libertopia through which all military commands will be routed and ALL diplomatic overtures will be routed and agreed upon, with inter-alliance transparency. Because until we are all on the same sheet of music, Canissia will not send so much as one worn old Army boot to any mission that is going to devolve into interfactional bickering, backchannel negotiations, and one-up brinksmanship.

"We will also agree on what, if any, levels of force will be used in dealing with situations on Libertopia, we will agree to any economic or materiel restrictions or boons, and we will agree on responses to Saddamistan provokation.

"And make no mistake, Saddamistan, sooner or later, will have to be addressed. The longer we put it off, the greater it is going to be.

"As it is, I have assembled an informal coalition of states that have stated dismay at the recent events, and these states cross normal alliance boundaries. The People's Republic of Canissia, the Empire of Byzantium, and the Sovereignty of Shroomania are in agreement, with sympathetic agreement from other nations, that the recent out-of-control spiral of events in the Libertopia-Saddamistan war represent a reprehensible failure in responsible leadership by leaders who have enough power to be a danger to all civilization.

"Only a unified command, operarting in concert and with transparency, will prevent this from happening again."

And with that, Arik folded his papers, which he'd hardly even glanced at. He didn't have to-- his notes had just been what he felt, and he expressed his true opinions on the matter... tellingly, the only time he'd referred to his notes was his concession to give the warlords a sort of semi-recognition as the only real powers to deal with on the ground-- and stating a willingness to give them opportunity to prove themselves.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

[OOC: A bit un-chronological, but I had to point it out. Where are the Libertian representatives? Is Ramsley or Alexander or the Sultan here? I don't think they are...]

Atlantis, Conference Hall (fifteen minutes earlier, before the Prime Minister's bathroom break)

Like a school child, the Prime Minister raised his hand and, after a while, was noticed by President Rufus, King Paul, and Sky Marshall Ania. Man(g), she looked great.

The Prime Minister warned himself about the dangers of oogling too much at his powerful friend and ally's wife. It would not do to spark an international incident or a world war due to something as downright dumb as that.

Still, he wondered, what was the Sky Marshall doing here? She was, if he remembered correctly, the head of the Technocracy's aerospace forces (more than just an air force). Was it her Orthodox faith that made her so interested in the fate of Libertia and the Warrior-Patriarch Ramsley? Was it another cunning plan on part of Stas? Was it just humanitarian concern? All of the above?

"I would like to raise another important issue as well..." the Prime Minister stated. "Well, it's more of a question, anyway. Sorta."

The other world leaders looked at Shroom patiently. They knew their influential ally and/or counterpart was rather slow on the uptake, being slightly dim.

"Aside from Saddamistan's non-presence here, a fact that is not surprising but still nonetheless as disconcerting as usual, I would like to hear the thoughts of any of the Libertian representatives here with us today. Could we please have their input on the matter so far discussed? It would not do well to discuss that nation's future without anyone born from that land having a say on this discussion, or an ear in it either."

There were some rumblings from the gathered world leaders. The Prime Minister glanced at King Arik, Emperor Heraclius, and King Paul and nodded at them.

"Uhm, if all of you will excuse me, I must go to the washroom for just a moment," the Prime Minister excused himself as he rushed to the bathroom.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

A stir at the back of the hall announced the arrival of the head UKB delegation, Lord Robert Patrick head of the King's Government had be delayed an addition hour in a press conference answering PRAVDA, BBC and other media questions related to the Liberaltopia straits incident. With him came half a dozen obvious assistants and one other. The "other" was a tall dark skinned man in a well cut suit, at least 200 centimeters tall he towered over everyone else in the delegation and most of those he passed.

Those in the know identified him as Nassor Demir, the UKB's man on Terra Libertia and those rare few knew him to be the agent initially sent to negotiate with Supreme General Alexander over two years ago.

Lord Patrick motioned to King Paul, who saw and nodded to the nearby podium. To his and several others surprise it was the tall Nassor who took the podium. He took his time settling a few papers in front of him and looked over the crowd, delegations from a dozen countries looked on, wondering who this person was and why he was going to address them.

"Members of the Conference" he began, "My name is Nassor Demir, and I have been stationed in Terra Libertia for just under a year now." He paused then nodded towards the Indhopal delegation. "The good Colonel will remember me from our time when he showed me the border near the Sultanate." Eyes swung towards the Indhopal delegation and the Liberaltopia Colonel in their midsts, perhaps aware of the eyes on him, stood up and gave a small jerky half bow towards the man at the podium and sat back down.

Nassor continued, "There are several issues here that need clearing up, the first is the population issue." He shuffled his papers then looked towards King Paul. "At best estimates five years ago, there were roughly 43 million people in Terra Liberta. Now? Perhaps thirty six million at most." he paused looked at the crowd as that figure sank in. "It is not as bad as it sounds, most of those have no died but fled. However our best estimates and the people the BBC brought along to do a statical analysis did their best, but they could be off by as much as a million people. As near as we can tell, roughly two million people died in the civil war after President Volney Faaris was shot and General Torquemada and General Rais both tried to claim power. The resulting civil war broke what order the country had down when both Generals were killed in the fighting in 2002, it looked like total chaos. The emergence of the three Warlords in 2008 was unexpected but a short term welcome development."

He coughed slightly then continued. "Since then you all know the history, the initial fighting, the un-easy alliance, the three way split. The recent Liberaltopia Straits incident. The Saddamstain retaliation. The reason I bring up the old history is simple, in preparation for this conference my department has put togther the most through review of Liberaltopia lands yet compiled since fighting began."

He paused again looking directly at King Paul. "Most of what we have agrees in outline if not exact specifics with King's Paul's excellent summery, I will not take up this meeting's time with repeating what is already know for some slight corrections. Instead I will lay before you some specific facts that may have been overlooked by this council." he said.

"The first is a clear contradiction with General Alexander's report. That being of food shortages, General Alexander's troops or people do not lack for food, the reason being the Communes." he paued as a murmer ran through the crowd then contiuned. "These are easy to overlook, but for those who have been in Liberaltopia as long as I have you know of these. Small tightly contained farms in the Valley's and built into the sides of mountain's in General Alexander's territory. Before the civil war, Terra Libertia was held up as a strong symbol of independence and non-interference by government forces. This call attracted certain kind of people, including those who would form tight-nit self sustating colony's in the remote mountains. People with unique outlooks, Prophets, Dreamers, Hermits and Isolationists. They came for half a hundred reasons but their now exists in the mountains of Terra Libertia over a sixty nine know self sustaining communes of one type or another. Defending one such commune is how Supreme General Alexander got his start."

Nassor turned the page and continued. "Our best estimates is that seventy percent of all food production in the mountains is centralised in this communes. Since 2006 they have been expanding as the only way to ensure protection from bandits was through hiring a mercenary group, simple remoteness was no longer enough. I have seen full hydroponic setups good enough to feed fifty people year round, garden's built into cliff-sides. Terracing and large goat herds If you know where to look you can find farms all over the mountains. What you can not find however is a good distribution network.

The food is there, the ability to move it around is not. General Alexander's units are normaly stationed close to a commune because of this. Along the coast they can fish, if they are near a commune they can trade for food or join it themselves. And there are as many as one million people living as nomadic goat herders in those mountains. It is in the mines that food becomes an issue. Unless a commune is nearby and can help supply food, it must be walked in on foot, or hunted or farmed nearby. In these cases it is possible for starvation to occur. The IRT has done nothing to relieve these conditions since moving in and setting up mining operations in General Alexander's land."

There were grumblings at the back of the hall where the media was, Nassor ignored them. "The IRT for all intents and purposes sets up self contained operations inside Liberaltopia, ships the finished goods to the single shipping port in New Delphi and for the most part ignores the country" He broke off as as a question came in from King Arik Coyotus.

"And what exactly has the UKB been doing all this time in Terra Libertia?" the King asked bluntly, there were murmurs of agreement around the hall.

Nassor paused for a moment, looked up from his notes and seem to think for a moment. He finally stood up to his full height behind the podium and directly address King Coyotus. "Your Excellency, what we have been doing is building inroads in the country, sometimes literately."

King Paul broke in, "Exactly how many UKB citizens are in Terra Libertia now, building these... Inroads? "

"I do not have an exact count, but if you do not wish to count the BBC which can come and go as it pleases, I could only give you a guess." he paused, and at King Paul's nod went on. "At best guess I would say their were roughly eight hundred citizens in Terra Libertia."

The murmurings were back, louder than before, then a voice from the crowed shouted out, "800 spies you mean! I bet Saddamstain's so called "intelligence" came from the UKB!" The murmurings grew louder as the security in the rear of the hall worked their way towards the shouting man.

Nassor spoke over the growing din. "I can not tell you how many Agents are in Terra Libertia, that is not my area of responsibility, my 400 number reflects the number of trade officials, geological teams in General Alexander's land. The construction teams in Lord Ramsley's land helping him improve existing airstrips. Humanitarian officials from the International Red Cross trying to set up distribution networks in the Sultanate. How many agents of Director Granger's are in Terra Libertia I have no idea. The people I refer to are those who have traveled to the country to help rebuild the basic services in the country.

The media crowd at the back of the hall began to quiet as the shouting man who was now chanting anti-UKB slogans was dragged away.

King Paul broke in. "Do you have anything else for us Mr Demir?"
Nassor shook his head. "Aside from the food situation in Supreme General Alexander's land's not being as dire as your report was, and the fact those people in the mountains are not General Alexander's men, no your Grace."

King Paul blinked, "Excuse me, could you explain that? he asked.

Nassor glanaced down for a second then back up again. "The men in your report could not be General Alexander's, ask the Colonel to confirm this, but one can not leave the Iron General's service, and if you do break his rules you end up working in the mines... After a whipping of course, one does not betray the General's trust." he said simply, gathered in his notes and began walking back to the rest of the UKB delegation.

Eyes turned to the seated Colonel who was nodding empahitcly and seem pleased by the words offered by Nassor. Looks were exchanged and King Paul broke in. "If we could continue where we left off?"

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

[OOC: Okay, back to the "current" time.

This is in reply to Coyote's post, I started writing before Bean posted.]

Atlantis, Conference Hall (after bathroom break)

"I must agree with King Arik," the Prime Minister said. Now, he knew he must choose his words carefully. While he agreed with the King that the Libertian Lords of War were despicable douchefags, the Fungal Intelligence Agency Director... Baylor whatshisname, had told him that all three had purchased personal ShroomSatTV dishes and uplinks and sets. That meant that they would be watching him and the last thing he wanted would be a jihad or a fatwa or a crusade declared upon his fungal ass.

He took a sip of water and continued.

"From what I've read of the materials provided by Fungal personnel, basically a copy of what King Paul has right now, and from what the Secretary General has sent me, I now have some understanding of the situation in Libertia. Life must be very hard there, and I can only imagine what Libertians must experience in their daily lives.

"I can also only imagine what the leaders of Libertia must go through to ensure the survival of their people, and the continuation of what little semblance of order there is in that land. It is a hard place, and the situation is desperate. Desperate situations necessitate desperate means.

"I am certain that some of the Libertian leaders' more questionable actions were borne from hardship and a lack of choice. The rest of us in the FUN, the OMSK and the MESS, we have the commodity of choice. Those in Libertia do not. Those in Libertia often have no choice but to do regrettable things in order to survive.

"Sadly, this cannot excuse any of their actions. But the situation is nonetheless getting even worse, especially with the recent hostilities with Saddamistan - which resulted in incidents where innocent men, women and children in fishing communities were ruthlessly attacked without remorse. The situation is desperate, and the Libertians - the leaders and the people are desperate for help.

"Yet, we have failed them."

The Prime Minister paused and glanced at his surrounding world leaders.

"Like King Arik, the recent events have left me with a profound feeling of dismay and helplessness. I have felt hopeless at my own inability to help those suffering people, and I have felt frustration with the current state of international affairs and relations. As such, like King Arik, I must protest to the way certain members of the OMSK and the MESS interact with one another. The lack of communication between those groups, and the lack of communication within those groups, it is not conducive to progress and is, in fact, counter productive in many respects.

"I appreciate the effort each nation and each of my fellow leaders has put in furthering peace and prosperity through their own means, in my previous address shortly after King Paul's calls for an international conference, I extolled the virtues and achievements made by my fellow leaders and their nations.

"But if we cannot communicate properly, if we cannot cooperate properly, we are going to step on more than each others' toes. We are going to end up stepping on the little people, like those living in Libertia, in the Neverhood, and in other places all over the world, and our efforts will be in vain.

"The Sovereignty of Shroomania, on behalf of the Fungal Union of Nations, implores our fellow nations to put aside their minor differences. Trying to bring help to Libertia is but one of the issues we must confront. Another issue is Saddamistan. And yet another issue is the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. We must make the first steps to better international understanding so that, in the end, we can avoid these crises altogether rather than having to confront them and solve them after the fact. Prevention is better than the cure.

"In light of this, the Sovereignty of Shroomania expresses its total commitment to help all the people of Terra Libertia," the Prime Minister nodded at Nassor Demir, a man who he knew... just right now. "Terra Libertia is a land with many problems, but the solution to their problems does not come from merely landing in foreign aid packets and rations. The solutions can be found in Terra Libertia itself, all of us must work together to fix the problems inherent in the place itself.

"We are willing to work together with the leaders of Libertia and their people. We want to help solve their problems, we will assist them in humanitarian and non-military means. We will cooperate, we will listen, and we will communicate.

"However, the Sovereignty of Shroomania must be perfectly clear on one particular matter. While other nations may recognize the sovereignty and nation-status of the three dominant factions of Libertia, the Sovereignty of Shroomania chooses instead to follow Canissia's option. We will recognize the factions as protectorates adopted by the international community, and we will deal with them through diplomatic means. And, as I've already said, we will help them and assist them through humanitarian and non-military means.

"But we do not recognize them as nations. Not yet. To the leaders of Libertia, I understand your concerns and your dilemmas and of how your respective situations have forced you into less-than-ideal positions. This is why we are willing to work with you to bring order and stability to your lands, health and prosperity to your people, and peace between your factions.

"Some of us may choose to recognize you as fully-fledged nations, but there must be progress on your behalf so that the rest of us may accept that status. We want to help you in achieving that goal, we want to help you in becoming nations, but we all know that it will not be a quick and easy route. We must build trust before we can rebuild your land, and that will take time. Your cooperation will be as important as any multinational initiative, or inter-alliance agreement, if not more so.

"Like a tree, your lands must be nourished before they can grow into nations that will bear the fruits of freedom for your people."

[How is it?]
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Hughes Helocoptors more naval and military models.

Hughes venerable OH-6/HKH-500 "Huey Bird" observation, Transport hostpital aircraft is very much starting to show it's age.

however Commanche, & Apache attack Helos are currently available from HK, as well as Sea Kings.

However in light of current operations HK is still producing quality Helos, and they are gearing up their helocoptor productions. (Note in Bear Republic Timeline, Hughes Merged with Kaiser, becoming a paving, tools, aircraft, shipbuilding, medical (both kiaser and hughes owned their own medical devision/services), missile, helocoptor, airship, and Ground Effect Vehicle giant.)

Hughes-Kaiser Helocoptors would like to sell Hughes Kaiser-500s for competition to the hinds as the Hueys are not primarilly civilian models anyways, and can be used in the same roles. (of course they are also useable as gunships too.)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

News in brief from the Qudlivun Free State

Government will not attend Atlantis Conference on Terra Libertia
It has been announced that the ongoing international conference on the territory of Terra Libertia will have no members of the Qudlivun Free State in attendance. The absence of any representatives from the Arab Socialist Ba'ath Empire of Saddamistan in addition to our own government's opinion that international recognition of statehood must be earned not given were the stated reasons. Our allies in the Fungal Union of Nations can easily act in our place.

"They're free to run their little part of the world any way they choose," the Grand Duke is quoted as saying, "We can still choose not to engage them nor treat them as a state until they begin acting like one." The Prime Minister expressed a similar opinion.

MSDF considering another fleet expansion, opposition expected
The Rear Admiral in command of the Maritime Self-Defense Force has expressed interest in acquiring two new ships with the express mission of countering naval mines and other dangerous munitions that may be laid in our waters by hostile forces. Although the Qudlivun Free State has unopposed control to its waters and doesn't anticipate any foreign attempt to lay munitions in an attempt to restrict freedom of movement the MSDF is nonetheless concerned that the possibility

Parliament, in light of the ever growing expense of developing the newly named Freyr-class frigate, has indicated that the MSDF make seek more information and obtain bids but approval is not guaranteed at this stage. High level members of the Parliament have indicated that the expense, while reasonable given the current tensions, may not be justifiable given our defensive situation.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Ania's private quarters, Atlantis, deep night

- So you decline to speak any further? - the videophone, coated in red, glossy plastic, was the only link to home right now.

- I see no reason, - she was angry. - This whole thing is going nowhere. How do you "deal" or "make agreements" with someone you don't even recognize as a government? Agreements with people you don't recognize? That is just a path to another scandal with "paramilitary backing", "official government assists un-recognized terrorists" and other things like that.

- What else? - the Secretary General was getting ready to sleep, but needed a full report before switching off.

- Fuck Saddamistan. I want to erase, utterly eradicate, devastate, annihilate it.

- Well, good you vented it now. What about the others?

- Pathetic, weak-minded softies! At least Canissia, those polyamorous weaklings, support "dealing" with Saddamistan before working on Libertia. It would be nice if they just nuked the hell out of Saddam, removing a huge lot of problems for us all.

- You're being in a Sheppard mood, right?

- Quite so. I am outraged.

- I know. Bear with it. Meanwhile, as we're recalling Saddamistan... how are things going?

- Pretty fine. I have given all necessary orders.

- In that case, we shall continue tomorrow. Report all progress to me immediately. The ECSOC will provide you with data and extrapolations via a secure datalink, should it be required. Also, try to be a little... softer to the others.

- I only value you and you alone. All others are nothing but means to achieve our goal, which is greater peace and communism. Thus I see no reason to sympathize with them.

- Not a Jesus attitude. You really are ruthless, aren't you?

- Who cares. Without my power, those clerical idiots would've been nowhere. Now, let's sleep.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

The Emperor watched the speeches with both consternation and impatience.
"Something is up with Alexander and I don't know what. All the secrecy and what not. Damnation."

"We know sir, that from the reports, Alexander employs companies to mine his mineral resources and has ProTec to do his 'dirty work'" said one advisor.

"Yes indeed, that's as far as I know. But a read on this man I do no. I know he obviously doesn't fancy any of us, and is taking full advantage of this recognition." grumbled the Emperor.

"It would seem so, sire."

The Emperor thought it over for a while, then told the advisor, "Send word to ProTec, I want them to tell me what the hell is going on there now and what their relationship with Alexander is like now. Also, find out what the hell this IRT is and find out what they are doing. We may have to impose regulation on IRT if they are doing something bordering on illegality."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear

purhaps hearts and minds, purhaps something else.

Hughes/Kaiser opens Hospitals in Libertopia.
"Lack of roads not a problem, we sell hovercraft and Helocoptors Too!"
The Bear Republic's Largest medical Propvider, Airship giant Hughes/Kaiser has began opening hospitals, in beleagured Libertopia, and have made a point of hiring locals as nurses, training them to become future Nurse Practicionares. The airships had barely offloaded the buildings, when the nurses and Doctors were inundated with patients. Currently dealing with casualties from a mining accident Head Surgeon Dr. Nanthiel Bumppo refused to comment, as he's busy with Triage, and will talk sometime when someone's life isn't at stake.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

[It's about time I met him.]

Atlantis, the Prime Minister's quarters

The Prime Minister sighed and plopped himself on a couch. He sighed and muttered something indecipherable. From a pocket, he pulled out a small bottle of pills given to him by his Prime Ministerial Psychiatrist.

"Goddamn New Worlders..." the Prime Minister muttered, this time something decipherable (only to himself).

Atlantis had ShroomSatTV, and that was a relief. He needed to watch some gore and guts, and hopefully that would influence his policy making.

The WHORES. The World Humanistic Order of Respect and Equality. They were protesting outside the Shroomanian capitol building in Fabranti. Pissed off at those killed CLITS in PeZookia. Pissed off at the Prime Minister being buddy buddy with a King who killed CLITS, or so they said.

Goddamn WHORES.

"Goddamn WHORES."

It wasn't easy being the Prime Minister of Shroomania. It wasn't easy being a world leader, period. Shroom wondered what his peers were experiencing, what his peers thought of each other and what they thought of him. Sure, he tried his best to present an amicable front for everyone - that was key in winning the elections. Nice speeches that made people feel good, but words that nonetheless... didn't hold any meaning? Was that why he was so good? Because he was able to say things that sounded good but meant nothing at all? Was that, and his friendly facade, what made forming the FUNGAL AXIS and later on, the FUN, so successful?

Politics. You lie to your constituents, because not all of them would support you for what you are. You lie to your allies, just a bit. And you lied to yourself too, though just a little. That's how you got them to work with you and live with you, and that's how you got to live with yourself. That's how you get to sleep at night.

The Prime Minister looked at those pills.

Paul and Arik and Heraclius, Rufus and Bear, Shady and Baerne and Decue, they were cool with him. He was great with them.

Now, how about Secretary General Stas? His Sky Marshall? That cold glare looked like it could see right through him...

Unbeknown to most of the world leaders lodging in Atlantis right now, and perhaps they probably didn't really care about it either, was that in Shroomania, the Prime Minister's state of sanity was a really contentious manner. It was a nation-wide contention that the Prime Minister was nuts. In an affable way, that's what they thought then... but now, the people were beginning to worry (Perhaps the Technocratic Supercomputer could see just how nuts he was, too. Being psychoanalyzed a thousand miles away by an Artificial Intelligence).

It was easy sailing, from the Shadow-Shroom War to Syndromia, to even the beginning of the OMSK-MESS. But now, was the pressure finally making him crack?

Was neurosis finally causing him an untimely indecision that would damn him in front of the whole world?

"Goddamn it all..." goddamn it, he sounded like a drunk.

"Ah, The Melancholy of Shroom the Seven Hundred Seventy Seventh. You're not as strong as the others... it's rather disappointing, but oh so much more interesting."

"Who the..."

"I've met Paul, had a picnic with 'Bear', said hello to Fox, but my favorite was Arik. He was so interesting. They all were. Strong, decisive, so quick to tell me to... "fuck off", I believe that's how you would put it."

"Fuck off," that's how Shroom placed it.

"Look at you, you're a wreck. That is understandable, though. Arik was a soldier who went from one battlefield to the other, a warrior, a fighter. A man who's seen things you couldn't even begin to comprehend. Paul, well, he is happily married to his wife, his Queen. He's actually a responsible adult. And I believe the Secretary General, your friend Stas, was somewhere 'round there too. He actually got married in this world, though I wasn't the best man, sadly..."

"What the hell are you talking about?! Why are you here? What do you want?"

"...but you, you're just a spoiled little child. Barely out of your teens. Still in school. Studying to be a... nurse. Then I plucked you and placed you here, in charge of your own nation, turning you into "Prime Minister Shroom".... well, you did it by yourself. Built a little castle in the sand... now watching it all crumble apart slowly, ever so slowly. It's rather different from all the others, but not by much."

"You fucker... leave me the hell alone!"

"I can't blame you, though. And you can't blame you. Your friends are really rather helpful in making sure everything crumbles to dust. Why, I don't even have to talk to Skimmer... he's taking this all to heart. He loves it. Don't you?"

"No!" the slumped man croaked. "I hate every second of it."

"Then why don't you step out? Free yourself, go back to the 'real world'? Or is the 'real world' not much different from this one?"

"I can't... I have responsi-"

"Do you even know what that word means?"

The Prime Minister looked. There was no bottle, there were no pills. There was no Q.

He was all by himself.

Goddamn.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

[Location classified, early morning]

A black figure walked past the guards and into a deep tonnel which led into some underground facilities. The complex seemed to be enormous.

- Is everything complete?

- Pretty much so.

- I hope at least some of them survive, - the voice was cold as steel. - Mix them with the normals. And I need a reporter there... give one of them a camera.

- We already have.

- Very well. I hope everything is arranged.

- Yes, but it would take a few days until Operation Deadman will start. We are also unsure the equipment link would be strong enough.

- It better be, - the figure hissed. - Or you will be transferred to Arzamas-23, and no one will ever see you again.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The High Seas

The ships were favored classes of the King himself. They were the Anuket class, the first small batch, and they'd been put to sea in a quiet, low-key ceremony after being loaded with TLAMS cross-loaded from the RMS Pegasus.

The Defense Department breathed a sigh of relief at that-- each Anuket could only carry six of the missiles, but at least the small groups of tactical nuclear missiles were farmed out, rather than kept all in one place. Now, the loss of any one ship did not mean th etotal loss of the entire nuclear inventory of the People's Republic of Canissia.

NOw, the vessels slid out into international waters, to the edge of the 500-nautical-mile "exclusion zone" declared by the King against Saddamistan vessels. It was a purely political maneuver, really-- the 500-nm zone went way beyond even Red Technocracy shores, and so there was no way to know for sure --beyond pre-approved docking plans and schedules-- if an approaching Saddamistan ship was actually headed towards Canissia or not.

But it did mean that a Saddamistan vessel could expect to be watched carefully as soon as it came in the zone, and if it became clear that they were not heading towards a Canissian neighbor but Canissia itself, then "action" could be taken.

Arik had angrily announced at first that any Saddamistan vessel would be "sent to the bottom", but expanded on that later by saying that Saddamistan ships would be stopped, boarded, inspoected, and possibly turned around or sunk.

But even then, there wa svirtually no traffic between Saddamistan and Canissia, or even Canissia's neighbors-- so in truth, the declaration was an excersize in shadow-boxing. But Saddamistan, regardless of the empty nature of the rhetoric exchanged, was going to be watched.

Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Atlantis, International Conference on Terra Libertia

"The Incorporated Republic strongly protests the United Kingdom's assertions that Tonkin-based corporations have done nothing for the plight of the persons in General Alexander's holdings. Mining corporations have greatly improved the transportation infrastructure between major townships, mining regions and the port. Biomedical companies have been opening clinics to improve the health of the local populace; private firms conduct courses to improve education.

"As for the communes: such facilities are intended to be relatively self-sufficient. They are deliberately placed so that high volumes of traffic are infeasible and any net food exports from them are generally in high-value, low-volume products. We have been sending continuous corporate-based food aid into the region to help relieve the suffering near our operations, but the region simply was never intended to house this many people.

"Finally, our energy partners have been working tirelessly to improve general infrastructure. It is true that these improvements have been primarily concerned with corporate interests in the area. However, this is based on economies of scale as well as protective interests. Rogues can and have attacked our forces: unlike most nations, the IRT does not have a large standing army and cannot field units there. We rely on corporate defense organizations there: thus, we have secured areas with rapidly-improving assets. Many locals have emigrated to these regions in search of work and are benefiting from all our corporations have to offer.

"The Incorporated Republic's primary goal is to improve the economic stability and livelihood of the region invested in. A rising tide lifts all boats: once economically secure, many problems plaguing the area should disappear.

"Our secondary goal is to ensure the general stability of the region. We believe the Sultanate, under Islamic law, represents a dangerous and expansionist threat to the whole region. While we have no issues with the Diocese and hope to persuade General Alexander to resume trade with Lord Ramsley, the situation between the three power blocs remain dire. To this extent, we have been training General Alexander's military forces along the Western model, which improves discipline, reduces corruption and will ensure greater peace and security for his region."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS MARCH IN CANISSIAN CAPITOL

Citizens and political leaders alike were surprised to find traffic blocked for miles throughout the city by a very well-planned, simultaneous animal-rights activist group called GENITAL.

The group --GENeral Intention To Abolish Labtesting-- has declared an information and propaganda-activist war against animal testing in laboratories, not just in Canmissia but around the world as well.

"Nations all around the world are hailing their scientific 'achievements', said group spokeswoman Myra Foxglove, "But these achievements are created in cruel labs where innocent, helpless animals are tortured with chemicals and injections. It's inhumane!"

While GENITAL insists that it is concerned primarily with ending scientific lab tests, critics of the movement aren't sure.

"Remember, GENITAL started off as an offshoot of the LABIA-- Liberate Apes Before Imprisoning Apes," said research scientist Alan Hames. "Remember, very few lab monkeys were actually used here on Canissia, and what few were used were used only for vaccines just on the cusp of approval for human testing. We've switched to voluntary human testing, mostly on incarcerated priosners with no chance of parole-- so I say that re-forming their defunct movement into a new, larger organization, the GENITAL, is really a step in escalating radicalism."

Researcher Hames refused to speculate on what the animal rights organization might be aiming for, but he noted that according to the literature they are using to recruit on campus, they are a strictly vegetarian organization-- and that the highest level cadre proudly boasts of their strict vegan-only diet.

GENITAL pamphlets handed out at the University of Neve Tikveh promote a "healthy, animal and cruelty-free diet plan" and decry the "slavery" of animals being raised in "concentration-camp-like conditions on industrial farms" to sate human appetites.

Image from a recent animal-rights/pro-vegetarian demonstration in Tauron Province.

Myra Foxglove, however, insists that their GENITALs are non-violent.

"We would never attack anyone, much less any animal, with the GENITALs," she said, "We are above such pettiness. It is the meat-eaters of the world who are cruel, and callous, and show their willingness to attack GENITALs-- and I say, we may be harmless now, but if you build up sufficient pressure, the GENITALs will stiffen, and strike back-- this I promise."

WesFox13
Padawan Learner

Post by WesFox13 »

*Lord Wesley Montgomery arrives at Atlantis and sits down at the conference table, apologizing for being late. He then says his points about the Libertopian nations.*

1. Vulpesia reconizes all three of the libertian nations as legitimate nations.
2. Vulpesia will try to encourage more democratic and a more secular government in all three Libertian nations.
3. Vulpesia asks the Sultanate to stop this "Jihad" aginst the rest of the nations of Nova Terra.
4. We also would like all three of the Libertian nations to declare a cease-fire and stop the hostilities in those nations.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

Designation: Libertarian Left (Social Democrat/Democratic Socialist)
Alignment: Chaotic-Good
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Atlantis Conference

The Red Technocracy representative, Ania, was on her way to the next morning's meetings, her uniform crisp and pressed and her eyes alert from a good night's sleep. She had her laptop carried by an aide, a stern-looking, square-jawed security service officer who needed no weapons to kill someone-- hands were sufficient. Ania was mentally steeping herself for the day's arguments, and her poker face had already settled over her visage as she went down the hall towards the wide double-doors of the conference area.

"Privyetz," a woman said, off to the side. "Excuse me," the woman said, and it was evident she was addressing Ania. The RT woman-- and Stas's wife-- stopped and looked at her, eyes cold and appraising.

Oh, how wonderful, she realized, One of good ol' King Arik's... little friends. She kept her face neutral, and offered no hand.
"Yes?" she asked in Russian. Miss Katerin replied likewise, a strong hint of St. Petersburg in her own words.

"His Excellency the King asked me to pass on a message," Katerin said, "He noticed quite keenly that the Red Technocracy may have... concerns about Saddamistan vis-a-vis events in Libertopia."

"Not exactly a state secret," Ania said.
"Nonetheless, our governments have shown willingness to work together before; it can be again."

"What does 'His Excellency' have in mind?"
"We're interested in how you feel about the half-measure of recognising the warlords as 'protectorates' of the various alliances, and Canissia is willing to keep the door open for eventually upgrading this recognition."

"And...?"
"Back us on the insitence for a unified, inter-alliance command team for dealing with Libertopia."

"Don't ask much, do you?" Ania asked. "In return...?"
"And we'll gladly assist in any efforts to contain or monitor Saddamistan, and share resources and intelligence to that end."

Ania looked at her for a moment, saying nothing, giving away nothing, and contemplating.
"I have a meeting to be at."

"Good day," Katerin said, and went to go get coffee.

The Yosemite Bear

San Simeon, Bear Republic

Though Waves had damaged the Late Mogul's castle the place was still impressive. While closed off due to the public due to the disaster, it made for an excellent meeting place.

Colin: Greetings Brother Little, I am in need your services in Terra Libertopia, and to deal with Saddam.

Isahia Elliot Little: and What services would you want of me, a humble Muslim merchant, hopefully you don't expect me to attack my own faith.

C: Certinlly Not Brother Little, I'm well aware of your other businesses, like how the Syndromian Refugees were able to find thier own protection. Or how certain Drug Dealers, and liquor merchants have had the fruits of their cruelty being distributed to local communities.

I: So what is this?

C: you and your friends believe in violence only in the name of self defense or defense of your community. I would like you to travel to the Sultanate, and begin practicing your combination of free enterprise, and faith, making sure that those factions that attack others and defame your faith, are brought to see the error of their ways, just as certain vice lords have learned in our own state.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

New Airline to Begin Operations in Libertopia
The new airline goes by the name of Libertia Air, and is plans to run scheduled flights into Alexandria and hopes to get agreements to send flights to Lord Ramsley's territory and the North eventually. The Red Technocracy is the main source for aircraft, with a major deal expected later this week. The airline is expected to help aleviate transport difficulties throughout the rugged mountainous interier of Libertopia.

Meanwhile at the conference:
Colonel Grau had taken his turn to speak again stating his position that Alexandria was a state now, but at its infantcy. It deserved all the rights of a state, inluding the right to purchase arms, but they also a bit of assistance to get started. The transportation and medical sectors were seen as the most pressing issues.

When MP larsen spoke he said that the best strategy for dealing with the Sultan was that of engagement. He had already rescinded the call for Jihad and apeared ready to at least listen to the international community. His rivals for power on the other hand, wished to continue the Jihad.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Industrial Physicist Quarterly
Tokamak at FIRE site operational.
The Mark One Tokamak, the first stage for the FIRE project, has been operational for several weeks and is being rigorously tested.

"The design is actually fairly conservative, we will build a more capable one based upon the results of our experiments with the Mark One" Program Lead Joon Lee from the University of Houston said.

Fort Worth Star Telegram
Minesweeping operations begin in JTF-3 area of operations

Minesweeping operations began in the Eastern Terra Libertia Strait today, in the JTF-3 area of operaions.

"The mines laid by Saddamistan constitute a threat to coalition forces and a hazard to navigation, especially considering the proximity to Adrianopolis. The haphazard laying of mines is a menace to seaborne commerce." A DoN spokesman said. She went on to stress that this is not an offensive operation against Saddamistan, nor is it a prelude to one.

Secretary of State Evan Mironov turns up at Atlantis conference.
After disappearing with much of the rest of the government, Secretary Mironov appeared at the Atlantis conference unexpectedly. El Presidente's whereabouts are still unknown.

Atlantis Conference
Vadim, one of the General-Secretary's numerous aides and hangers-on, scowled as the crowd of egos clashed, each trying to be diplomatic and combative. He especially scowled at the LSR delegation. The dog Lonestar was clearly still sequestered in a bunker somewhere, although no one in the Red Technocracy had yet to figure out where.

One of the LSR delegation, a short, squat, redhaired man with pale complexion ambled over. He held out his hand. "Good day!" He said, his voice was shrill, and, Vadim thought, somewhat effiminate. But he had bothered to greet in Russian, so politeness dictated he respond.

"And Good Day to you. You are...?"

"Ah, of course! I am Vladimir Berman, a member of Secretary Mironov's staff."

"Vladimir Berman? An odd combination of names."

"My family," Vladimir nodded "Were Volga Germans. Many deported during the Great Patriotic War. Many Dead, so sad." Vladimir sighed.

Much of what Vladimir had just said was meaningless to Vadim. Volga Germans? Great Patriotic War? What war? Even worse was the Russian. The man was fluent, perhaps was even speaking it natively, but there was an accent there he couldn't place.

"Where did you learn your Russian?"

"At home." Vladimir said cheerfully. Vadim fought down the urge to strangle him.

"I meant..."

"I know what you meant. My family emigrated from the Ukraine in the early '90s."

Another meaningless term. Vadim decided not to press home the point.

"Well, how can I help Vladimir of the Ukraine?"

"Vladimir of Sausalito would perhaps be a better term." He chortled, and the multiple chins waggled. "Could you pass on a message to the Secretary General? He is not here at the moment, otherwise Secretary Mironov would speak with him personally."

"Of course."

"We notice that you have refurbished the old LSR embassy building, tell me, is this an invitation for us to move back in?"

"I would think that would be obvious."

"So true, so true." Vladimir nodded. "But in Diplomacy, things should be made very clear, yes?"

"I will pass on the message."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

New Patria hereby announces recognition and aid in the form of energy assistance to Lord Ramsey.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Zubrin Launch Facility
There had been great debate as to whether or not the test should be lifted on one of Tian Xia's Delta IV+s, or on the untested Ares IV. Either one would work, but the NAC had resisted using the Ares IV until several tests launch were complete.

El Presidente vetoed that. "The Lone Star Republic" he said "Must show the others that we have the finest space program in the world. The Ares IV will show that, as well as the precious cargo it will launch."

The cargo, of course, was a lunar probe. At least, that was the official title. In reality, the probe would just blast by the first moon on the way to outer space. The Ares IV rocket would make it easier to push it out before the Van Allen belts.

The Ares IV lifted off, and angled East....

Fort Worth Star Telegram
Nuclear rocket tested in space!
A banner day for MESS Scientists, the Aries IV Heavy Lift was successfully tested, putting a device of great scientific interest past the Van Allen belts. Once the Luna I probe was at a safe altitude, the nuclear saltwater rocket onboard began ignition, pushing the probe out towards our closest moon. Already we are recieving stunning pictures of our closest neighbor, and proof that LSR Scientists are just as skilled as those the the Shepnukistanis.

"Unlike the Shepnukistanis," said NAC Director Jim Hickam "We opt to test our nuclear rocket where the potential for fallout was at a minimal.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
The Yosemite Bear

Arms for Ostriges

after mining company employees blockaded entry into competing Hughes/Kaiser medical facility The facility began flying in and out all supplies. However aid did come to the hospital in the form of a local rancher Ryan Spickard exchanged his pack birds for a prostetic limbs for the people at his ranch, including a son who is missing a leg due to a land mine.
(artists rendering of what the adults may look lkie)

Picture of the baby "Chicks" sent from the "Atomik Chicken Ranch" (we swear it's not a brothel)

The Sultanate of Libertopia
Bear Republic "Robin Hoods" begin protecting pilgrims from civil war factions.

A former Pirate's Bay resident watches over and protects civilians in the Sultanate.

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Aboard Radiation Scow, Self Propelled No.1, 3,500 miles west of lands end, Saddamistan

The storm had been building rapidly, rocking the former Abdullahi and her crew like few of the commandoes and even the naval engine room gang had ever experienced. Lighting strikes came every few seconds, growing ever closer to the vessel and her. On the bridge Major Al Raja struggle to remain in his seat, standing wasn’t barely an option, while he listened to low moans from the Colonel, sick in the captains sea cabin with what the medic thought could be a gallstone attack. Unfortunately, the Colonel was still conscious and refused to yield command.

A massive lighting bolt struck the ships foremast, partly stunning and surprising Al Raja. “This is insane,” he muttered, before picking up the mike to his PRC-148 handheld radio. “Dregama three to Polock,” he said. No reply came. “This is Dregama three to Polock,” repeated Al Raja. “You can pick up a radio while taking a crap Abdulaziz, unless you want us all to be blown up.” A second later the radio responded

“Polock reporting,” said lieutenant Abdulaziz. “Whose being blown up?”
“All of us,” said Al Raja, he would have yelled, if not for the risk of the Colonel hearing. “We’ve just been struck by lighting, and its going to happen again, I want to you go into the cargo holds and unwire all those damned explosives before a strike sets one off.”
“Right sir,” replied Abdulaziz. “It will be….”

…some of the men on the former Abdullahi heard the lightening that was the ships doom, all of them heard the detonation of the port cargo hold scuttling charges. At once the ship began flooding asymmetrically, the charges that would have pierced the centerline bulkheads had been wired separately and hadn’t gone off. The alarm klaxon sounded, and within minutes the crew had assembled in the superstructure dispite the growing list.

“Its no good,” said Abdulaziz. “The all access to the starboard cargo holds is either flooded or mined. We can’t reach the charges to correct the list before she loses all buoyancy.”
“Then we abandon ship,” groaned the Colonel-Captain. “Major, ensure that all men are accounted for… set timers on the engine room charges.”
“Shall we prepare the liferafts and the beacon?” asked Al Raja.
“Yes Major, save the men, this dreadful weather will make it almost impossible for the submarines to pick us up but we cannot risk being spotted listing on a satellite.
“Yes sir,” said Al Raja. He took a quick glance at the chart, the water was over twenty eight hundred fathoms deep. Not as deep as orders called for, but hopefully it would be good enough.

Twenty minutes later Radiation Scow, Self Propelled No.1 capsized, spilling her deck cargo of empty shipping containers into the sea, some of which remained easily afloat. Unseen was the fate of the ships many radiation vats, some remained slotted into the hull, but with the ship inverted most fell away, to scatter across miles of the deep ocean floor.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956