Wonder Woman's outfit for the NBC's upcoming show.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Re: Wonder Woman's outfit for the NBC's upcoming show.

Post by lordofchange13 »

Darksider wrote:There have been two recent shows that use original superheroes.

One of them bombed completely (The Cape), and it's final episode won't even be shown on television. Not exactly encouraging results.
The cape was a superhero before? What was he/she called before?
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

lordofchange13 wrote:
Darksider wrote:There have been two recent shows that use original superheroes.
One of them bombed completely (The Cape), and it's final episode won't even be shown on television. Not exactly encouraging results.
The cape was a superhero before? What was he/she called before?
He wasn't. That's sort of the point. While the choice of word may have been a bit ambiguous Darksider clearly meant a new (hence, original) superhero rather than one of the first ones.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Darksider wrote:One of them bombed completely (The Cape), and it's final episode won't even be shown on television. Not exactly encouraging results.
Yeah, but it starred Summer Glau. Her shows never last more than a year or two.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
Darksider wrote:One of them bombed completely (The Cape), and it's final episode won't even be shown on television. Not exactly encouraging results.
Yeah, but it starred Summer Glau. Her shows never last more than a year or two.
Heh. :)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Recolored Xena armor would work better.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Okay, what the hell? Did anyone's anti-virus detect anything when the link in the OP was opened? Because my Avira just did.

Anyone have a pic not from that link. I don't want to take chances.

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Recolored Xena armor would work better.
That's actually what they effectively used in one of the more iconic story-lines, where Wonder Woman slays a recently revived Medusa.

She ended up having to blind herself to fight effectively --using the venom of one of Medusa's serpents she cut from the beast's head after her blindfold was destroyed.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Recolored Xena armor would work better.
There was a live-action version of a costume like that on Smallville. Lois Lane wore an "Amazonian" costume to a comic con while doing a report there. You can see a picture of it here (scroll down to the second one).
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Looking at that photo, I think that costume would really work.
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/13 ... ar-shorts/

Wonder Woman is going to wear shorts.
"Single-minded persistence in the face of futility is what humanity does best." Tim Ferguson
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

The hell? The sheer indecisiveness of this single issue makes me more wary of the final product than anything else has.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Why? It is the fatty nerd rage amongst people JUST LIKE IN THIS THREAD that is causing it. Shame on them for trying to make fans happy right? :roll:

Nobody can fucking win with you people. If they stick to their guns, they don't care what the fans think and the show will suck. They listen to the fans and they are indecisive and the show will suck.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

To be fair, I rather liked the second costume. It looked sensible. I just prefer the 'Xena style' version of the costume since its true to the source material, is practical, and can be drooled over by fans to appease executives.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I think it's a case of needing a sweet spot in the middle there, Hav; listening to fan input, but being willing to stick to your guns if you think the fans are wrong.

Especially since, really, you can't use the loudness of fan anger to determine actual volume, since it could just be a minority of perpetually unpleasable nutheads.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Havok wrote:Why? It is the fatty nerd rage amongst people JUST LIKE IN THIS THREAD that is causing it. Shame on them for trying to make fans happy right? :roll:
This degree of indecisiveness is a warning sign for future production problems in this series. I don't recall seeing any call for "She must wear shorts", infact, most of what I've seen was glad that "She at least has pants now".
Nobody can fucking win with you people. If they stick to their guns, they don't care what the fans think and the show will suck. They listen to the fans and they are indecisive and the show will suck.
There is a median in between, known when to listen and when to tell fans to sod off.
Browncoat

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Note though, that they don't necessarily say the shorts are going to be the *only* costume she wears-- only for certain that she'll be wearing them when she faces off against Veronica Cale in the season finale. So, there's still the possibility that we'll see more costume variants... but hopefully not so many that there's a different one each episode!
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Anyone want to make a joke about women and picking out what they wear? Come on, you know it's there, begging to be told.... 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Steve wrote:Anyone want to make a joke about women and picking out what they wear? Come on, you know it's there, begging to be told.... 8)
Nah; there are some picket lines even I won't cross... :wink:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Pretty sure Batman has more outfits than Wonder Woman does. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I have more visually different ones, that's for sure :D Armoured, non-armoured, power/diving/space/hazmat suits, yellow background vs all black chest symbol, yellow vs tan utility belt, various shades of blue/gray/black for the various suit elements...
I guess it's possible that Diana has dozens of identically looking outfits so she doesn't have to think about what to wear each morning :P
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Well, if anyone wanted to see this show, will be disappointed. NBC won't pick up the show.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Geez, Diana can't catch a break, can she?

She's supposed to be one of the Big 3 and they still haven't been able to establish a modern multimedia franchise.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Does NBC still own the rights to Wonder Woman or could they be held by the WB? I would like to see some Wonder Woman movies.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

JME2 wrote:Geez, Diana can't catch a break, can she?

She's supposed to be one of the Big 3 and they still haven't been able to establish a modern multimedia franchise.
As I recall, we had an entire thread once on the issue of Wonder Woman and these kinds of things.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Steve wrote:
JME2 wrote:Geez, Diana can't catch a break, can she?

As I recall, we had an entire thread once on the issue of Wonder Woman and these kinds of things.
Yes, courtesey of Megan Fox.

And I still maintain that Toon Zone's analysis is spot-on as to why Diana is the least-defined of the Big 3:
..in a way, Wonder Woman is DC Comics’ equivalent of the Barbie doll; as Diana’s appearance, values, and adventures have changed according to the eras in which she was published. Her persona constantly in a state of flux—from the submissive, lady-like heroine of the 1940s; to the feminist, “New Woman” character of the 1960s; to the aggressive, girl power champion of the 1990s; and to the politically-charged Ambassador and activist of today—Wonder Woman reflects the public’s attitudes towards women in society, feminism, and gender equality.