Well, We Finally Got That Firefly MMO...

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Well, We Finally Got That Firefly MMO...

Post by Zaune »

Are you sensing a "but" coming after the title?

You're absolutely right.
Firefly Online is a social role playing game (RPG) based on Firefly, Joss Whedon’s cult-hit television series. Firefly Online (FFO) is currently in development for iOS and Android, and may expand to include additional platforms.
It's a fucking mobile phone game.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Re: Well, We Finally Got That Firefly MMO...

Post by bilateralrope »

At least that means it should be different to all the WoW clones out there due to interface limitations. Unless they already exist on mobiles.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

First up, this is fucking weird as hell, I've known about this game for weeks and I was going to start a topic on it tonight, so there's that.
With regards to the platform limitations, it says on the site it may expand support to other platforms in the future, so eventually perhaps PC gamers will be able to play it. It's certainly better than nothing. What was spurring me to create a topic about it was the fact that a comic series set after Serenity is also being released, and I heard a rumour about a board game being developed. Which leads the truly desperate Browncoat in me to wonder...why all of this content now? Is Fox testing the waters to see how popular the series is nowadays...?
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

The Board game is already out. Or is within a week from the info I've heard.

I'm actually looking forward to this though I doubt it will really take off on phones. Now the iPad and Galaxy Tab/etc, it would probably be good, and should have the battery life for a good session.
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight

Post by InsaneTD »

Can't find the edit button...

Checked and can't find a release date for the boardgame but it can't be far off since various blogs are getting copies for review.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

bilateralrope wrote:At least that means it should be different to all the WoW clones out there due to interface limitations. Unless they already exist on mobiles.
There are already WoW clones on iOS (Gameloft owns the biggest player in that market, because of course they do). Fairly shameless ones, as I understand it, too.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.