You can now get a driver's lisence in Georgia without a road test.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

You can now get a driver's lisence in Georgia without a road test.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

In this week's edition of The State of Georgia Is Trying To Kill Its Own Residents:

https://cbsnews.com/news/georgia-driver ... ermission/
Georgia is now allowing people to get their drivers' licenses without having to take a driving test during the coronavirus pandemic. Qualifying teenagers in the state just need their parents' permission to get one.

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp signed an executive order last week that is still in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic.The road test requirement has been waived for teens applying for driver's licenses, but other requirements such as completing necessary driving hours with parents is still required, according to Georgia's Department of Driver Services.

"What the executive order does, it allows the teen driver to go to that next phase without having to take that road test because of social distancing problems, obviously, in trying to provide the test," Spencer Moore, the commissioner at the Department of Driver Services, told CBS affiliate WSB-TV.

More than 5,000 Georgia teens a week took the official road test to get their license before the virus, WSB-TV reported. There's a backup of 30,000 people who want to take the test, but they can now skip it.

Teens between 16 and 18 years old who have had learners permits for over a year – and no violations – can upgrade to a provisional license, according to the department. They'll have to provide affidavits that they have completed about 40 hours of driver training either by a parent or instructor.

Any driver over 17 years old without a permit or license has to schedule an appointment to take a knowledge exam, according to the department. Permission is required to complete an application for a driver's license for drivers under the age of 18.

Still, some parents are concerned about who will be on the road now.

"I have mixed feelings because I do feel we need to keep social distancing," Alicia Wiggins, a mother of a 15-year-old, told WSB-TV. "But I also feel nervous about having drivers on the road that haven't actually passed a road test."
Because Big Gubmint bad, I guess?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: You can now get a driver's lisence in Georgia without a road test.

I wonder how many Georgians will die this year who would have lived, if the Republicans hadn't succeeded in stealing the race from Stacey Abrams.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

whackadoodle
Padawan Learner

Post by whackadoodle »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-05-02 08:03pm I wonder how many Georgians will die this year who would have lived, if the Republicans hadn't succeeded in stealing the race from Stacey Abrams.
How many Constitutional rights would have been plowed under, had Stacey Abrams had been elected?

Bat-AIDS is bad. It is not the new Black Plague.
I have come to the conclusion that my subjective account of my motivation is largely mythical on almost all occasions. I don't know why I do things.
J.B.S. Haldane
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

whackadoodle wrote: 2020-05-03 06:24pm
The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-05-02 08:03pm I wonder how many Georgians will die this year who would have lived, if the Republicans hadn't succeeded in stealing the race from Stacey Abrams.
How many Constitutional rights would have been plowed under, had Stacey Abrams had been elected?
Probably zero.

Might have been some restrictions on guns, but since the Second Amendment does not, in fact, say "There may be no regulation on any kind of gun in any situation whatsoever", no problem.
Bat-AIDS is bad. It is not the new Black Plague.
It doesn't have to be to kill hundreds of thousands or millions of people, covidiot.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

What is this even supposed to accomplish? It doesn't matter a bucket of warm piss if a bunch of teenagers have to wait a few months to take their tests, there's nowhere to drive to.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Zaune wrote: 2020-05-03 06:46pm What is this even supposed to accomplish? It doesn't matter a bucket of warm piss if a bunch of teenagers have to wait a few months to take their tests, there's nowhere to drive to.
"But we're opening everything up because the Dear Leader told us to? Who cares if a few (thousand) people die? The economy is more important!"

More blood for the blood god Capitalism.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-05-03 06:49pm
Zaune wrote: 2020-05-03 06:46pm What is this even supposed to accomplish? It doesn't matter a bucket of warm piss if a bunch of teenagers have to wait a few months to take their tests, there's nowhere to drive to.
"But we're opening everything up because the Dear Leader told us to? Who cares if a few (thousand) people die? The economy is more important!"

More blood for the blood god Capitalism.
Own the libs by... ignoring pandemics?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

People after passing their road test are more likely to be in an accident anyway and let's be real, American road tests are a joke.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Aether
Youngling

Post by Aether »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-05-03 06:27pm

Might have been some restrictions on guns, but since the Second Amendment does not, in fact, say "There may be no regulation on any kind of gun in any situation whatsoever", no problem.
Yeah, good luck arguing that with gun nutters and their Liberty Machines.

I replied to a FB friend that raising the price of guns and ammo doesn't infringe on the 2nd Amendment. These people think any law or policy toward gun violence reduction is Literally Worse Than Hitler.

There is no reasoning with these people *at all*.