another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Re: another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Alphawolf55 wrote:The one thing that's hilarious if you think about it though is that it's obviously a Frankenstein commentary yet in many tellings of the story the monster created was merely misunderstood and gentle, it was the raving mobs that actually caused the damage.
Oh man, that's going to have me laughing all day. :lol:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Isil`Zha
Jedi Knight

Post by Isil`Zha »

Alphawolf55 wrote:What it's trying to say is that Obama's creating a frankenstein government thats composed and powered by all these liberal ideas, and that the angry tea partiers are coming to stop him.

But it's just so filled with pointless jargon and buzzwords that it seems like the author just decided to throw every pointless liberal strawman, I mean the only thing its missing is Professor and Hollywood Values. Plus you gotta love the fact that it has Mainstream Media then MSNBC next to it to say 'They're not mainstream news but they're still evil"

The one thing that's hilarious if you think about it though is that it's obviously a Frankenstein commentary yet in many tellings of the story the monster created was merely misunderstood and gentle, it was the raving mobs that actually caused the damage.
buhahaha, "oops, sent the wrong message."
Though we are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Wow, just, just wow....
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Crypto-racism, teetering on outright racism, against both Mexicans and Obama.

How... predictable.

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I actually did a google search for "Eric Holder" and "Cracker" and still can get what the hell is going on here.

Looks like Sharron Angle isn't the only one proposing "Second Amendment Remedies" these days.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I actually did a google search for "Eric Holder" and "Cracker" and still can get what the hell is going on here.
The evil racist black man is calling Lady Justice "cracker" and driving her away with the aid of a black thug. :roll: There might by just a tiny bit of projection going on. :wink:
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

OK, I know recently someone accused Al Gore of sexual misconduct... But SEX POODLE?
WTF?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:OK, I know recently someone accused Al Gore of sexual misconduct... But SEX POODLE?
WTF?
Also horrible: the implication that one's sex life affects the accuracy of one's claims. It doesn't matter if Al Gore is having BDSM orgies with transsexuals (not that there's anything wrong with that ANYWAY; who cares how he gets his rocks off, aside from his wife), as it has jack shit to do with global climate change.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The GOP tries to prop itself up as the party of "decency", "morality", and "family values". They assume that the Left/Democrats are trying to do the same, and so they revel in every Democrat sex scandal.

They don't realize that the Democrats are not playing by the same rules; they never said they were authorities on family values and never tried to claim as much. But the GOP hammers away on it, probably to distract from their multitude of sexcapades.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Gerald Tarrant
Jedi Knight

Post by Gerald Tarrant »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: I actually did a google search for "Eric Holder" and "Cracker" and still can get what the hell is going on here.
There were some Black Panthers that were caught on tape at a polling place, and the clips I saw made it look like they were trying to intimidate voters. So a voting rights investigation was started. It got quashed (or delayed or something, Republicans are saying it was dismissed). Republicans are claiming it was done for racial reasons on Holder's part. Try looking for that. I haven't followed it but I've seen complaints and hysterical conspiracy stuff about it crop up on a few Right leaning blogs.
The rain it falls on all alike
Upon the just and unjust fella'
But more upon the just one for
The Unjust hath the Just's Umbrella
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: OK, I know recently someone accused Al Gore of sexual misconduct... But SEX POODLE?
WTF?
If I remember right, the phrase "sex poodle" somehow came up during the alleged encounter.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:*Snip hilariously disgusting image*
OK, I know recently someone accused Al Gore of sexual misconduct... But SEX POODLE?
WTF?
That doesn't even look like gore, does it?

Would I be out of line if I said all this constant chattering about Gore's alleged sex offense is probably the result of some closeted gay Fox producer's vehemently denied man-crush on Al gore?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
kouchpotato
Youngling

Post by kouchpotato »

Uraniun235 wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote: OK, I know recently someone accused Al Gore of sexual misconduct... But SEX POODLE?
WTF?
If I remember right, the phrase "sex poodle" somehow came up during the alleged encounter.
The alleged victim described him as a 'crazed sex poodle'. Whatever that means. I, personally, have never heard that expression in my life.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Akhlut wrote:Also horrible: the implication that one's sex life affects the accuracy of one's claims. It doesn't matter if Al Gore is having BDSM orgies with transsexuals (not that there's anything wrong with that ANYWAY; who cares how he gets his rocks off, aside from his wife), as it has jack shit to do with global climate change.
On that note, both Einstein and Franklin (a published scientist in his own right) were both, let's say, fond of women. Einstein, as I recall, went through at least one divorce because of an affair (whom he later married, I think) and Franklin, even in his old age, was constantly flirting with women. I remember Jefferson having written something about that, though I can't remember what exactly he said. He also never married his second wife, they simply lived together in a sort of common-law marriage because she was technically already married, divorce laws being what they were in the 18th century. Is anyone here naive enough to think a national level politician would be able to get away with that today?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

The Spartan wrote:On that note, both Einstein and Franklin (a published scientist in his own right) were both, let's say, fond of women. Einstein, as I recall, went through at least one divorce because of an affair (whom he later married, I think) and Franklin, even in his old age, was constantly flirting with women. I remember Jefferson having written something about that, though I can't remember what exactly he said. He also never married his second wife, they simply lived together in a sort of common-law marriage because she was technically already married, divorce laws being what they were in the 18th century. Is anyone here naive enough to think a national level politician would be able to get away with that today?
I think it's pretty well established that men with the sort of personality to seek high levels in politics also have the sort of personality that leads them to not being able to keep it in their trousers, from Zeus on down. Ironically, most political science folks agree that it would be next to impossible for someone who isn't married with a family to seek higher offices, regardless of his or her talents.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Hmm, let's see:

Reagan: Faithful to Nancy; massive debt, bellicose foreign rhetoric.
Bush-I: Faithful to Barbara; recession, bellicose foreign rhetoric.
Clinton: Unfaithful to Hillary, balanced budget + surplus, overall favorable foreign reputation.
Bush-II: Faithful to Laura, economic meltdown, massive foreign wars and poor reputation.

We see what the Conservatives feel are priorities. Clearly, we need more philandering fools in office. Looks like Obama's marriage is pretty solid, so things are going to get worse ( :wink: ). Of course, I have a feeling Michelle would brace him against her knee and break him like a stick if he fooled around.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Looks like Sharron Angle isn't the only one proposing "Second Amendment Remedies" these days.[/quote]

I have absolutely no idea what is going on here. So the liberty bell has something to do with the second amendment? Which means ... people ... vote Republican? Huh?
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

It makes sense in 'Baggerland. Basically, the only way to make the bell of liberty toll is to, um, shoot your fellow citizens who happen to be ideologically opposed to you. Because that's what "family values" are all about.

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Coyote wrote:It makes sense in 'Baggerland. Basically, the only way to make the bell of liberty toll is to, um, shoot your fellow citizens who happen to be ideologically opposed to you. Because that's what "family values" are all about.
The thing that gets me is that if you cut out the second frame, it would actually be a "normal" right wing cartoon. You start with "It proclaims Liberty throughout the land!" and then you move straight to the "I can't wait for november!" and you get a relatively standard right wing message of "The people shall rise up and vote out the evil Liberals"

But tossing in the third frame with "Second Amendment" and THEN immediately going to "I can't wait for November" well, yeah, makes it seem much more of a "If we don't win in November, we have the second amendment to fall back on!" Lets hear id for hinting at armed uprising against government.

On another note, Ken Catalino continues to live in his own little fantasy world.
Note: Lazy artist is lazy, the group of terrorists is a direct copy from panel one, you can even see bits of the rope holding them up that weren't fully erased.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:But tossing in the third frame with "Second Amendment" and THEN immediately going to "I can't wait for November" well, yeah, makes it seem much more of a "If we don't win in November, we have the second amendment to fall back on!" Lets hear id for hinting at armed uprising against government.
The icing on the cake is when you remember that these were th epeople that were saying "you must support the President in times of war, even if you don't agree with him!" back in the W. Bush era.

Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

With the last one, what the fuck? I don't see a connection between Al-Qaeda and the oil spill.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Srelex wrote:With the last one, what the fuck? I don't see a connection between Al-Qaeda and the oil spill.

I think they are suggesting that you should plug the BP oil leak with the live bodies of the leaders of Al-Qaeda. This is naive and more so in that they are suggesting that people would be a good plug for a leaking oil well.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Zeond
Youngling

Post by Zeond »

Another wonderful installment from the all Muslims are suicide bombers school of cartooning.
Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy
55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Hamas did do sucide bombings (I think they stopped with the wall being put in place)... but they only target Israel. They don't hit the US because they are smart enough to realize "pissing Americans off" is a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, are there any Muslim astronauts? I know we sent an Israeli into space, but I don't know about about any other ethnicities- NASA has a very small pool that they use.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Samuel wrote:Out of curiosity, are there any Muslim astronauts? I know we sent an Israeli into space, but I don't know about about any other ethnicities- NASA has a very small pool that they use.
Yup! Wikipedia tells me that there have been a total of seven Muslim astronauts. Specifically with regard to NASA, Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud flew on STS-51-G, a Discovery flight that also had a French astronaut. In addition to being a practicing Muslim, he's also the only Saudi citizen to ever go into space.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him