Trump Dump: Internal Policy (Thread I)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: During Speech Trump Cites Imaginary Terrorist Attack on Sweden

Post by Flagg »

cosmicalstorm wrote:You guys are all pretending to be stupid. I warned this board a few years ago that Sweden would be used as a horror-example of what can go wrong with open borders.

Thats what he was talking about and I bet 100 % of his followers knew that right away, for all this pretended stupidity.

And you guys fell for it every time by the way: Now everyone will talk about Sweden and Swedens fuck up open border experiment.
Hi, my name is reality. We haven't spoken in awhile, but I think it's time we've caught up with each other... :wtf:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Dominus Atheos wrote:That's only the cartoonishly evil propaganda depictions of fascist leaders. In real life, Hitler and Mussolini were two of the most incompetent leaders of the 20th century. Hitler circa 1932-33 and Trump circa 2016-17 have disturbing similarities.
Me, I disagree, I say Mussolini.

About the only traits Trump and Hitler really have in common are:
1) Creepy personal lives, and
2) A knack for accomplishing things the experts said they weren't going to be able to pull off.

Hitler had an encyclopedic memory. Hitler had oratorical skill that motivated a frightening number of literate Germans to listen to him- he didn't coast into office purely on the strength of his personality or his 'brand.' And going a step down from the top to look at advisors, suffice to say that Steve Bannon is no Joseph Goebbels.

Now, there is one really BIG, super-consequential difference between Trump and Mussolini (or Hitler). Both Mussolini and Hitler organized paramilitary armies of party minions (the Black and Brown Shirts, respectively) to use organized violence against their political opponents before taking office.

Trump has done no such thing. I'm sure he could find a million people willing to act as Republican Party goons and headbreakers if he really wanted to- it's a big country. But he has no such organization now, nor can he construct one without people noticing.

This makes a huge difference in terms of what he can and cannot do to threaten democratic institutions.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

How many people die because of guns every year in the USA again? Thirty-thousand? That are 83 people every day. I don't know about you, but in other countries this would be called civil war. And the americans piss themselves about arabs and mexicans? Somebody needs to get his priorities right.
The optimist thinks, that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist is afraid, that this is true.

"Don't ask, what your country can do for you. Ask, what you can do for your country." Mao Tse-Tung.
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

I better be wrong. I see multiculture as the biggest betrayal of the working class in Swedens entire history. All of it a giant fraud, about to come tumbling down.
You guys were equally smugly assured Trump was never going to win.
He may be a narcissistic nut soon to be impeached, but his nose is correct: something is rotting inside of Sweden. Something for many years carefully concealed by cooperative journalists, politicians and malicious bureaucrats.
But something is rotting and it will come exploding out before your eyes.

List of Swedish dysfunction:
Migration: Hundreds of thousands of immigrants who rely on monthly welfare payments, no means of support if welfare was stopped for some reason.
Defense: No defense left, cannot defend Sweden for a week vs Russia.
Foodsupplies: No state emergency supplies. Citizens expected to supply themselves, no backup for more than 72 hours of trucks not coming
Hospitals: Locked doors at emergency wards, more guards, understaffed, panic reports every week for years.
Police: Understaffed, more officers quit than sign up.
Energy: Old powerplants, crazy energy tax system.
Finance: Exceptional amount of loans, for both state and citizens
Customs: Lol they did not stop cars on Öresundsbridge if there were too many men inside for a while.

It's about as stable as a pencil balanced on its sharp end.

Heres a pic from Rinkeby tonight, police had to shoot in the air to stop the riots
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

cosmicalstorm wrote:You guys are all pretending to be stupid. I warned this board a few years ago that Sweden would be used as a horror-example of what can go wrong with open borders.

Thats what he was talking about and I bet 100 % of his followers knew that right away, for all this pretended stupidity.

And you guys fell for it every time by the way: Now everyone will talk about Sweden and Swedens fuck up open border experiment.
I agree that a country should limit and choose the immigrants and make attempt to integrate them, something which I hear Sweden is failing with some Muslim immigrants. For example there are schools where Arabic is spoken but not Swedish (ideally kids can learn both languages).

However your spiel about Sweden's failings has got nothing to do with Trump's claim about a false terrorist attack on Sweden, and this is just blatant shifting the goalposts.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Edit: disregard post, I'm an idiot.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

Post by Dragon Angel »

cosmicalstorm wrote:I better be wrong. I see multiculture as the biggest betrayal of the working class in Swedens entire history. All of it a giant fraud, about to come tumbling down.
You guys were equally smugly assured Trump was never going to win.
He may be a narcissistic nut soon to be impeached, but his nose is correct: something is rotting inside of Sweden. Something for many years carefully concealed by cooperative journalists, politicians and malicious bureaucrats.
But something is rotting and it will come exploding out before your eyes.
Please tell us more of the impending threat of the Cultural Marxists and how white culture is being drowned out. I mean, that is where you're trying to go, right?
cosmicalstorm wrote:List of Swedish dysfunction:
Migration: Hundreds of thousands of immigrants who rely on monthly welfare payments, no means of support if welfare was stopped for some reason.
Defense: No defense left, cannot defend Sweden for a week vs Russia.
Foodsupplies: No state emergency supplies. Citizens expected to supply themselves, no backup for more than 72 hours of trucks not coming
Hospitals: Locked doors at emergency wards, more guards, understaffed, panic reports every week for years.
Police: Understaffed, more officers quit than sign up.
Energy: Old powerplants, crazy energy tax system.
Finance: Exceptional amount of loans, for both state and citizens
Customs: Lol they did not stop cars on Öresundsbridge if there were too many men inside for a while.

It's about as stable as a pencil balanced on its sharp end.
Evidence.
cosmicalstorm wrote:Heres a pic from Rinkeby tonight, police had to shoot in the air to stop the riots
Allow me to provide you picture of Sweden every day.

Looks apocalyptic.
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Okay, I retract the edited post I made.

It turns out that Sweden's crime rate has been declining for the past 12 years.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Simon_Jester wrote:Now, there is one really BIG, super-consequential difference between Trump and Mussolini (or Hitler). Both Mussolini and Hitler organized paramilitary armies of party minions (the Black and Brown Shirts, respectively) to use organized violence against their political opponents before taking office.

Trump has done no such thing. I'm sure he could find a million people willing to act as Republican Party goons and headbreakers if he really wanted to- it's a big country. But he has no such organization now, nor can he construct one without people noticing.

This makes a huge difference in terms of what he can and cannot do to threaten democratic institutions.
You could make a case that Trump doesn't have to create a paramilitary army of loyal minions because, like a number of things he claims credit for, it already existed without any effort being made on his part. Is this not the candidate endorsed by the United States of America's largest, oldest and most famous domestic terrorist organisation, the Ku Klux Klan? Not to mention every half-baked Patriotic Citizens Militia in the country.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Emphasis on 'half baked.' Compared to the Sturmabteilung and the MVSN, none of those groups are much of a threat, and that includes the modern incarnation of the KKK.

If the Klan could snap their fingers and turn back into the monster they were back in the Roaring Twenties, then they'd be something close to that level of organized, violent political ugliness. But that was ninety years ago; they haven't been the same since Superman got done trashing them.

Yes, I know, Superman is a fictional character. He kicked their asses anyway.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

comicalwhateverIcan'tbebotheredtorememberhisfuckingname is literally equating multiculturalism with terrorism. Does he give the Roman salute to his picture of Anders Breivik hung over his toilet whilst pissing or after taking a shit?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Flagg wrote:comicalwhateverIcan'tbebotheredtorememberhisfuckingname is literally equating multiculturalism with terrorism. Does he give the Roman salute to his picture of Anders Breivik hung over his toilet whilst pissing or after taking a shit?
I don't he's so much a dedicated racist as he's what Lenin called "useful idiots" though in his case it's for the right wing rather then left.

He takes what ever possibility to cry "wolf!" without checking if the canine in question was actually a wolf or a his neighbour's poodle, all that matters is that there's a canine there and it allows him to express his paranoid fantasies, honestly if some his "news sources"(read:xenophobic propaganda) wrote that Finland was gonna invade tomorrow he'd belive it without question regardless of fact there's been peace and friendship between Sweden and Finland for as long as Finland has existed and that Finnish Defense Force is literally incapable of invading any country at this point (there's neither the transport capacity nor the manpower for it).

Basically he's less of a neo-SS recruit and more like the crazy drunk homeless guy who rants in the street corner about what ever imagined threat that pops in his mind.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Simon_Jester wrote:Emphasis on 'half baked.' Compared to the Sturmabteilung and the MVSN, none of those groups are much of a threat, and that includes the modern incarnation of the KKK.

If the Klan could snap their fingers and turn back into the monster they were back in the Roaring Twenties, then they'd be something close to that level of organized, violent political ugliness. But that was ninety years ago; they haven't been the same since Superman got done trashing them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those right wing militias also practically as much "at war" with each other as they are with the goverment with only real thing they have in common being their hatred of the goverment?

So they might temporally unite to resist the goverment taking one of them down but they won't (and possibly even cannot) unite to challenge the goverment if one of their numbers isn't directly threatened.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

So they might temporally unite to resist the goverment taking one of them down but they won't (and possibly even cannot) unite to challenge the goverment if one of their numbers isn't directly threatened.
You know that without any context, this sounds almost word-for-word like many discussions had here in the last decade about Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria?

Lovely thought, isn't it?
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Dartzap wrote:
You know that without any context, this sounds almost word-for-word like many discussions had here in the last decade about Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria?

Lovely thought, isn't it?
That's why context is so import. We're not talking about random warlords in country that's dirt poor but rather we're talking about nutcases who resist the goverment for not being racist enough, in one wealthies countries on the planet.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Lord Revan wrote:
Flagg wrote:comicalwhateverIcan'tbebotheredtorememberhisfuckingname is literally equating multiculturalism with terrorism. Does he give the Roman salute to his picture of Anders Breivik hung over his toilet whilst pissing or after taking a shit?
I don't he's so much a dedicated racist as he's what Lenin called "useful idiots" though in his case it's for the right wing rather then left.

He takes what ever possibility to cry "wolf!" without checking if the canine in question was actually a wolf or a his neighbour's poodle, all that matters is that there's a canine there and it allows him to express his paranoid fantasies, honestly if some his "news sources"(read:xenophobic propaganda) wrote that Finland was gonna invade tomorrow he'd belive it without question regardless of fact there's been peace and friendship between Sweden and Finland for as long as Finland has existed and that Finnish Defense Force is literally incapable of invading any country at this point (there's neither the transport capacity nor the manpower for it).

Basically he's less of a neo-SS recruit and more like the crazy drunk homeless guy who rants in the street corner about what ever imagined threat that pops in his mind.
Honestly, and I'm not discounting your opinion, it's probably dead on, but at this point I'm sick of having to delineate the type, kind, and motivation, that whilst you say tomato...
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Flagg wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:

Honestly, and I'm not discounting your opinion, it's probably dead on, but at this point I'm sick of having to delineate the type, kind, and motivation, that whilst you say tomato...
I say what you're saying.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Lord Revan wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Lord Revan wrote: I don't he's so much a dedicated racist as he's what Lenin called "useful idiots" though in his case it's for the right wing rather then left.

Now let's get them FEMA Camps open, them black trains rolling, and scare the shit out of Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, and Sean Hannity! :twisted: :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Flagg wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:
Flagg wrote: Honestly, and I'm not discounting your opinion, it's probably dead on, but at this point I'm sick of having to delineate the type, kind, and motivation, that whilst you say tomato...
Now let's get them FEMA Camps open, them black trains rolling, and scare the shit out of Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, and Sean Hannity! :twisted: :lol:
That's your job, I'm natural born citizen of the Republic of Finland with no dual citizenship. That does give a certain degree of perspective on the actions of Donald Trump because it's not my cow that's in the ditch, I am an outsider when it comes to US internal politics and in fact only reason I take intrest on the current situation is how it affects me. The problem with Trump's goverment is that no-one seems to know how to react to them it creates uncertency here. That said there's a world of difference between "things are uncertain so we should prepare for the realistic worst case scenario" and "the sky is about to fall, we must slaughter slavs or brown people to stop it!"
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Lord Revan wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those right wing militias also practically as much "at war" with each other as they are with the goverment with only real thing they have in common being their hatred of the goverment?

I can't speak for militias but I have had my finger on the pulse of the alt-right occasionally and it seems there's quite some infighting.

Granted they share most goals (racism, appreciation of brutal dictatorships, free market fundamentalism), but there are some differences in opinion in the various cliques within the alt-reich movement.

It seems to be getting worse now that Milo Yianopolous is a known supporter of pedophilia.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Simon_Jester wrote:Emphasis on 'half baked.' Compared to the Sturmabteilung and the MVSN, none of those groups are much of a threat, and that includes the modern incarnation of the KKK.

They're still a potential source of heavies if Trump decides the uniformed services aren't politically reliable enough for him, though. Plus they have one thing going for them that the Brownshirts didn't; not being officially affiliated with the GOP, Trump can preserve a thin veneer of plausible deniability if they shoot up a BLM rally or something.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

FTeik wrote:How many people die because of guns every year in the USA again? Thirty-thousand? That are 83 people every day. I don't know about you, but in other countries this would be called civil war. And the americans piss themselves about arabs and mexicans? Somebody needs to get his priorities right.
That's a bit of a non-sequitur. Also, 2/3rds of deaths from firearms are due to suicide. Helping people with their mental health will do much more to assist in that than almost anything else. And we shouldn't get side tracked into a gun control discussion.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

FTeik wrote:How many people die because of guns every year in the USA again? Thirty-thousand? That are 83 people every day. I don't know about you, but in other countries this would be called civil war. And the americans piss themselves about arabs and mexicans? Somebody needs to get his priorities right.
But see, we need all those guns to protect us from the scary A-rabs and Mexicans. :roll:

That's pretty much the far Right's thinking. Those of them who aren't openly admitting that they want those guns to overthrow the government, though I expect their will be less of that now that their crowd is in the White House.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:But see, we need all those guns to protect us from the scary A-rabs and Mexicans. :roll:

That's pretty much the far Right's thinking. Those of them who aren't openly admitting that they want those guns to overthrow the government, though I expect their will be less of that now that their crowd is in the White House.
Indeed. The militia nuts seem to get unusually quiet when the president happens to be a Republican...

Also, history proves their interpretation of the Second Amendment wrong at any rate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shays%27_Rebellion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

So Trump has gone from mildly delusional to completely round the twist. I can't wait to see how his apologists handwave this one away...