Conspiracy theory on Tucson Shooting.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Conspiracy theory on Tucson Shooting.

Post by Broomstick »

LaCroix wrote:The weapon has an extremely bad public image here, so noone thought logically. If you were to use a lever action Shotgun (Winchester style), it would be ok. For some reason, the 'Pumpgun' falls under the category of weapons that are looking very menacing or something like that. (Bullshit, if you ask me, I'd be shitting my pants as hard if you point a .38 at my face...)
It's the sound of them. Pointing a .38 is a silent act. Pumping a shotgun makes a distinctive noise that says "I'm ready to shoot your ass".

The fact that some shotguns can shoot through a door, meaning you don't even have to open it and risk the Bad Guy getting closer, and that precise aim is not required, makes them a favorite for home defense in some areas. You can even get little devices that replicate this sound as a means of discouraging burglars and such without needing to own an actual gun, though of course if the would-be intruder decides to risk getting shot you may be screwed if you aren't actually armed.

Having either one up in your face is a brown trouser moment, but I'm more afraid of a shotgun than a .38 handgun any day.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

its more likely that someone is using MK-ULTRA on the shooter to kill the senator then the whole thing being a complete hoax. And on that note, this whole thing is real.
Life sucks and is probably meaningless, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to be good.

--- The Anti-Nihilist view in short.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Civil War Man wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about Loughner's deal in the courtroom claiming he killed Giffords and that there was a massive conspiracy on the part of the government, media, doctors, his defense attorneys, her husband, etc, to cover up her being dead.
That mistaken belief would have been way more understandable than the the actual conspiracy theory in the article, simply because you usually don't see people survive headshots anyway, and he (as a layman) probably underestimated the power of MEDICAL SCIENCE!!!!
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Wing Commander MAD
Jedi Knight

Post by Wing Commander MAD »

Broomstick wrote:
LaCroix wrote:The weapon has an extremely bad public image here, so noone thought logically. If you were to use a lever action Shotgun (Winchester style), it would be ok. For some reason, the 'Pumpgun' falls under the category of weapons that are looking very menacing or something like that. (Bullshit, if you ask me, I'd be shitting my pants as hard if you point a .38 at my face...)
It's the sound of them. Pointing a .38 is a silent act. Pumping a shotgun makes a distinctive noise that says "I'm ready to shoot your ass".

The fact that some shotguns can shoot through a door, meaning you don't even have to open it and risk the Bad Guy getting closer, and that precise aim is not required, makes them a favorite for home defense in some areas. You can even get little devices that replicate this sound as a means of discouraging burglars and such without needing to own an actual gun, though of course if the would-be intruder decides to risk getting shot you may be screwed if you aren't actually armed.

Having either one up in your face is a brown trouser moment, but I'm more afraid of a shotgun than a .38 handgun any day.
Shotguns are also preferable for home defense as you can vary the ammunition used (solid slugs, buckshot, birdshot, etc.), which has obvious benefits of preventing overpenatration when fired in the home.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

"Home defence" is itself a depreciated concept in a lot of Europe, however, for the quite sensible reason that a weapon that's easily grabbed in the event of a home-invasion robbery is also easily grabbed by someone breaking in while you're asleep or out of the house.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Zaune wrote:"Home defence" is itself a depreciated concept in a lot of Europe, however, for the quite sensible reason that a weapon that's easily grabbed in the event of a home-invasion robbery is also easily grabbed by someone breaking in while you're asleep or out of the house.
Keep the (home defense) weapon in the bedroom?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

SpaceMarine93 wrote:its more likely that someone is using MK-ULTRA on the shooter to kill the senator then the whole thing being a complete hoax. And on that note, this whole thing is real.
It's real and it also utterly failed to produce any results so yeah totally more believable mang!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

However, it's also the basis of many conspiracy theories out there about the Loughner shooting. A lot of the conspiracy world is convinced that any time any politician is killed, it's a false-flag operation involving either MKULTRA subjects (damn thing sticks in their heads like nothing else. You'd think every other guy was a Manchurian candidate secret assassin sex slave if you ever read up on the various conspiracy theories about the project.) or hired CIA goons.

In fact, I'd never actually heard one of it having never happened - the general conspiracy consensus is that it happened but it was a false flag, but that yes, real people did die. They happen to consider that proof in and of itself sometimes, since they've convinced themselves that the coming 'NWO' has absolutely no regard for human life and that they, the tinfoil hatters, are the good guys -- so clearly if someone like them snaps and kills someone, it must be to discredit them in some way.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Assassination in real life is far more mundane, though. You use professionals or people forced (alternative, convinced) into killing someone because you know how they'll react and what they'll do. People fucked up with psychoactive drugs would be completely unpredictable.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Re: Conspiracy theory on Tuscon Shooting.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Mr. Coffee wrote:The reason why I think such conspiracies are utter bullshit is that while such events cause short term boosts in sales, sometimes they also end up causing actual legislation restricting sales of certain types of firearms and accessories (think of the original NFA that was partially the result of all the gangsters in the prohibition era using a lot of automatic weapons or the Brady Bill that was one of the results of John Hinkly Jr. trying to cap President Reagan). The firearms industry, at least in the United States, has traditionally taken the long term view when doing things, so I really don't see them going for short term gains when in the long run they'll always make a profit since firearms are such a massively ingrained part of the American cultural identity. Them engineering stunts like the Loughner shooting would only result in shooting themselves in the foot over time (yes, pun fucking intended).

As far as the OP goes, shit like this is why if elected as your President one of the first things I will do is sign an executive order allowing rational citizens to beat conpiracy wonks with a length of garden hose until they stop spewing bullshit or they stop moving, which ever comes first.
Ok, just because some people are fucking retards...

I'm just going to put this back out there and further call every whining dick that posted in this thread a fucking moron unless you agreed with me off the bat. Rest of you, die now in a fire. Seriously, you fucks are keeping a thread that should have died open for no fucking reason. Go the fuck away now. Go now.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

The above goes tripple if your some mouth breathing shithead thta "thinks" that dipship was any more organized than anyother their shitbag that opened frir on a crowd. Fuck you and your idiot mother for not swallowing you when she had the chance.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

No, I am not kidding there. If the above applies to you (or you thik it does) then say something. Fuck you if you do because I'm going to make it a point of e-honor to make you my bitch just because I can. If you do though... I'll give you just slightly more respect for being able to stick to yoru guns then these other assholes. But I'll also give you that much more attention. Your choice, really.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

WTF, Coffee?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

That's not Coffee. That's his alter-ego, Booze.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Coffee, what did I tell you about PWI?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Lagmonster wrote:That's not Coffee. That's his alter-ego, Booze.
AKA: Irish Coffee?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

ahh yes, Jekle and Hyde just add alcohol.

hey, I tell people about my issues, and my meds, they say that I always seem so capable and I don't have any outbursts. I resppond that I play my video games to relieve tension, and I TAKE MY MEDS. My niece is a schitzophrenic and she's just got accepted to a magnet school, however she also takes her meds, and sees doctors on a regular basis. Of course I'm lucky in being employed and with medical benefits that include psyicatric care, Arizona has regularly cut it's psyicatric care and other medical services from it's budget, hopefully things will work out and we can have more of us get treatment, or accomodated in employment for our mental disabilities rather than having to cause a tragedy in order to qualify for a lifetime of medical treatment and food and housing.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

He's not wrong, mind you. The 9/11 Truthers had more of a coherent and plausible argument than these clowns.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:ahh yes, Jekle and Hyde just add alcohol.

hey, I tell people about my issues, and my meds, they say that I always seem so capable and I don't have any outbursts. I resppond that I play my video games to relieve tension, and I TAKE MY MEDS. My niece is a schitzophrenic and she's just got accepted to a magnet school, however she also takes her meds, and sees doctors on a regular basis. Of course I'm lucky in being employed and with medical benefits that include psyicatric care, Arizona has regularly cut it's psyicatric care and other medical services from it's budget, hopefully things will work out and we can have more of us get treatment, or accomodated in employment for our mental disabilities rather than having to cause a tragedy in order to qualify for a lifetime of medical treatment and food and housing.
Back on topic guys.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:ahh yes, Jekle and Hyde just add alcohol.

And the bigger tragedy is, they are too proud to admit that and do the right thing to increase the medical treatment budget for these people. Loughner killings could had been avoided. Seriously, after this and other issues, that's why I wouldn't recommend going to Arizona for any reason anymore.
Last edited by SpaceMarine93 on 2011-05-29 09:52pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life sucks and is probably meaningless, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to be good.

SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

Back to the point, there is no conspiracy. This everybody reasonable should know. The problem is, how are we going to convince those minority who is ABSOLUTELY certain that there is a conspiracy over the shooting, and is more than willing to brainwash other people with their propaganda into becoming just as irrationally convinced of this perspective? I mean, these guys are a disease! Is there no antibiotics?

Sute
Youngling

Post by Sute »

I doubt their ability to "brainwash" people on this topic. Sure, conspiracy theories always have an audience, but it isn't like that audience is really growing in size. If they are a disease, then I believe that most of the population is pretty resistant.

EDIT: On the off-chance that it isn't clear, I am referring to SpaceMarine93's suggestion that conspiracy theorists are a disease. People like Loughner should definitely get medical treatment.