another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Re: another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

Post by Darksider »

you know, I could've sworn i've seen that exact same picture of the two soldiers before only with different text. How likely is it that the conservotard who drew it outright plagiarized the image?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

You know, for guys that love the military, they sure have a fucked up idea how things work.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

So many of them seem to forget that Jack Nicholson's character in A Few Good Men, the guy who said "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" was the villain of the story.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Darksider wrote:you know, I could've sworn i've seen that exact same picture of the two soldiers before only with different text. How likely is it that the conservotard who drew it outright plagiarized the image?
From what we've seen? Extremely.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

No, it's the same artist. The ones your thinking of are in this thread in the high teens and low twenties pages (there's more than one and quite a few are similar).
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The Spartan wrote:No, it's the same artist. The ones your thinking of are in this thread in the high teens and low twenties pages (there's more than one and quite a few are similar).

That is correct, AND all by the same artist. Back soon after Obama took office Ramierz did a total of about Seven Afghanistan 'cartoons, over about two months that were are visually similar to one another
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:A few predictable cartoons in response to Obama firing McCrystal.

I can't believe that I didn't notice this before, but is Ramirez advocating that the military should stage a coup if they don't like the sitting president? Image
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Probably not, more like implying "confusion" over whose leadership is responsible for the conditions of Afghanistan.

because Afghanistan has never really been a roblem for other countries in the past, and Obama has had over a year to figure it out which is plenty of time, he's probably responsible for troops getting killed.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Gosh, that's quite a vote of confidence-- that they expected Obama to figure it out in just a year. They gave the last guy 7 years to figure it out before they figured he wasn't up to the task. :wink:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Post by Alphawolf55 »

No see, "undermine our ability to win" means "Not doing exactly what a general wants" because we all know generals are 100% experts in their campaigns and never have bad ideas.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I guess by his standard Ike was a horrible, horrible president. I mean 90% taxes, hindering capitalism by restircting profits for the military industrialists, and then there was the firing of McCarther....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Post by Alphawolf55 »

Are you sure you don't mean Macarthur? Also that was Truman I believe.
The Yosemite Bear

your right it was Truman, and my spelling sucks. I forgot the incident where a bunch of corprate robber barons tried to oust FDR, and The General they tried to get to do it, turned them in to congress and then resigned.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Post by Alphawolf55 »

But yeah about Truman, conservatives have a weird view of him. Some of them like him because he dropped the atom-bomb, most though find him a pinko commie like FDR.
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to blame Obama for the extinction of the dinosaurs or something. They're just blaming everything on the guy.

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
The Yosemite Bear

no the extinction of the dinosaurs was all part of god's plan so that we could have cheap fuel for our SUVs.

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:no the extinction of the dinosaurs was all part of god's plan so that we could have cheap fuel for our SUVs.
Once again we see the dinosaurs = oil silliness. I hate to break it to you but oil is most likely created by the decomposition in low oxygen areas of the oceans of sea creatures and then mostly things like snails etc.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
open_sketchbook
Jedi Master

Post by open_sketchbook »

We know that. Idiot conservatives don't.
1980s Rock is to music what Giant Robot shows are to anime
Think about it.

Cruising low in my N-1 blasting phat beats,
showin' off my chrome on them Coruscant streets
Got my 'saber on my belt and my gat by side,
this here yellow plane makes for a sick ride
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:A few predictable cartoons in response to Obama firing McCrystal.

This cartoon implies that Petraus, aka- the guy who wrote the book on COIN, is incapable of doing a better job than McCrystal.

Image[/quote]

I immediately HATE the art in this cartoon especially because "McCystal" is labeled in that panel in a spot where his uniform would have a fucking nametag. Seriously, the artist can't integrate a fucking nametag into the comic"?
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

And why can't they get Obama's damn skin tone right? Again, he looks more like a fucking Grey.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

But if they did that, he would look human...
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
The Yosemite Bear

open_sketchbook wrote:We know that. Idiot conservatives don't.

And when I'm in a persona making sarcastic comments (I should have added tags) I will make jokes off something I know about, and know that it's wrong, but quite often reported.

Hell I grew up with the Dino in your tank gas commercials (was that Texico, Union, Exxon, or Mobil?) I also know that fossil fuel, is not dinosaurs, it's mostly plant life, algae, and nothing more advanced than invertabretes.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Hell I grew up with the Dino in your tank gas commercials (was that Texico, Union, Exxon, or Mobil?)
Sinclair. :wink:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Sme more new ones

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Sme more new ones

Where the hell were these guys during the last decade?