OEEG Video: Silent Enemy

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

OEEG Video: Silent Enemy

Post by Sonnenburg »

Silent Enemy is the one that's half Best of Both Worlds, half towering idiocy. While Enterprise confronts an enemy that defeats them on every front, Archer assigns Hoshi the job of finding out Reed's favorite food.

Review
Chuck

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Re: OEEG Video: Silent Enemy

Post by Patrick Degan »

The Search For Pineapple Cake subplot is sort of like constructing the most elaborate wedding cake imaginable and topping it off with a huge dollop of dogshit.

But that's Boobyprise for you.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Anyone else notice that Trek really loves the black-and-glowing-green motiff for "powerful new threats"? There's the Borg, the Scimitar, the Narada, and those things.

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

ITT Muromets learns about 'audience association'

Pineapple Cake? Jesus, Reed's lucky he's not on Macross!
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Isn't Tucker's dad the same guy who turned up in Doctor Who's "Genesis of the Daleks" as a hot headed Kaled commander and played a fruity German Heer officer in 'Allo 'Allo!, the BBC equivalent Hogan's Heroes?
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

If that's a really roundabout way of asking if its Guy Siner, yes it is.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

And of course by Tucker he means Reed.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Juubi Karakuchi
Jedi Knight

Post by Juubi Karakuchi »

tim31 wrote:ITT Muromets learns about 'audience association'

Pineapple Cake? Jesus, Reed's lucky he's not on Macross!
At least he'd have a shot at Minmei!
Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Post by Swindle1984 »

Well who HASN'T had a shot at Minmei?
Your ad here.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I thought you were treating yourself to a good episode this time, chuck?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

Thanas wrote:I thought you were treating yourself to a good episode this time, chuck?
Unfortunately, good episodes take more work, so I didn't get it done in time. I'm hopeful for next weekend.

Just 'cause I have to share this with somebody, I got this today in response to this video. If this is my opposition it makes me feel even more secure in my position. :)

just wanted to ask one question
Why do you talk over the show oyu post why is your voice more important then that of the show you post?? Why do you not like this show?
[Note that's three questions in a message wanting to ask one question. It's the email trinity, three in one.] If you don't like it then why do you keep post it. [Because it's my post-it. Go buy your own!] I think and know that is one of those shows one can get away from one life. This show didn't sex sence not that much didn't the adurt talking (I am a bad speller). [And believe it or not, this is not an ESL either. Read on in your best Borat voice.] I write this not to make you mad but to see your point. I love story line of star trek. How they go up with this stuff we might never know. I wish that we could another startrek secne on tv. You it would be nice to watch something up lifting. I leave you this thouht these show help us dream and was up lifting. every week when the show would come every one knew that the good guys would win, you just had to see how. [And now comes...] please keep doing what you do. thank you [...further encouragement of my mockery?]

So I just got a very odd criticism or a very roundabout compliment, I still don't know. It's like some kind of art, like confusion was his medium he used to craft this.
Chuck

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

tim31 wrote:And of course by Tucker he means Reed.
The guy just said Allo Allo is the BBC's equivalent of Hogans Heroes. Getting Enterprise character names wrong is the least of his problems.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Somehow the aliens seemed entirely non threatening because Enterprise was a prequel show.

If they ran into some badass breen or something at least I'd kind of wonder what would happen. I couldn't get engaged in the story line knowing these aliens would obviously amount to nothing in the future, because not only would we never see THEM, but we never see their personal forcefields again either.

The subplot was just a waste of space and jarred any momentum the show had.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

I wonder why the hunt for the favorite food at all? At the start they talk to Reeds parents. My parents know what my favorite food is why don't Reed's?
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Isolder74 wrote:I wonder why the hunt for the favorite food at all? At the start they talk to Reeds parents. My parents know what my favorite food is why don't Reed's?
Because they were british. And we British are all withdrawn, unemotional and don't care about our children at all. :x
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

:lol: Your sarcasm is well noted.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Glom
Youngling

Post by Glom »

Does the lack of video last weekend mean that we're going to get a bumper show this weekend? Goody!