Eddie Izzard - Death Star

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jason
Padawan Learner

Eddie Izzard - Death Star

Post by Jason »

Found this and thought it was hilarious. If this is in the wrong forum mods feel free to move it, but it is about Star Wars so here it goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH91s7_9kao
Jason B. Romano
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to AMP
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Brilliant!
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

I prefer the Dressed to Kill death star - full of British actors, opening doors and going

'oh, I'm...oh.'
'what is it, Lt. Sebastian?'
'Just the rebels, sir... they're here'
'My god, man. Do they want tea?'
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

"They have a flag! How dastardly cunning of them!"
JADAFETWA
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Removed due to terms of use violation. Bastards.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

is it available anywhere else? I missed it.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Found another link for it, enjoy
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

It would appear that the link I posted is to a different Eddie Izzard Star Wars inspired bit of comedy :oops: . It's still entertaining. I will continue to try and find the other one
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

Thankee' kindly.

I need amusement this weekend especially.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

avatarxprime wrote:It would appear that the link I posted is to a different Eddie Izzard Star Wars inspired bit of comedy
It is? What was in the OP video? Have I missed something? :shock:

Here's the British version of Star Wars, in which the dash cunning rebels have brought a flag (it's towards the end).
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Both the Sebastian and the flag parts are references to earlier parts of the show.

Honestly, just go out and buy 'Dressed to Kill' and watch the whole thing because otherwise you simply won't get half the stuff in the Death Star section.

Which is one of the reasons I love Eddie Izzard. He actually remembers stuff he's done earlier in the show, and drops references to it.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:Both the Sebastian and the flag parts are references to earlier parts of the show.
The Sebastian thing is actually in the clip I posted, though because of El Moose Monstero's comment I must conclude that this was not the clip that was in the OP.
Which is one of the reasons I love Eddie Izzard. He actually remembers stuff he's done earlier in the show, and drops references to it.
Eddie is very good at it, but it's a comedic technique that can become quite horrible when lesser comedians try it.

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

His bits are quite good. I've seen his stuff on star trek as well.

"Yes, now, the mission will be me, because I'm captain, Spock, and Anders from accounting. Hope he makes it."
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Dooey Jo wrote:
avatarxprime wrote:It would appear that the link I posted is to a different Eddie Izzard Star Wars inspired bit of comedy

Here's the British version of Star Wars, in which the dash cunning rebels have brought a flag (it's towards the end).
There's 2 things from "Dressed to Kill." The first is in the British Bad Guys section, the other is the Death Star Cantina. The OP linked to the British Bad Guys one, I linked to the Cantina one. You linked to the British Bad Guys one, so you're good, you've seen it all now :D
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Dooey Jo wrote:

There's 2 things from "Dressed to Kill." The first is in the British Bad Guys section, the other is the Death Star Cantina. The OP linked to the British Bad Guys one, I linked to the Cantina one. You linked to the British Bad Guys one, so you're good, you've seen it all now :D
Oh good, I was afraid I'd have missed an extra rare skit or something. :)
But the Death Star canteen is actually from Circle. I know, for I have the DVDs and have seen the alternate versions that were on TV a few years back, too 8)

Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Dooey Jo wrote:
Dooey Jo wrote: It is? What was in the OP video? Have I missed something? :shock:

Oh good, I was afraid I'd have missed an extra rare skit or something. :)
But the Death Star canteen is actually from Circle. I know, for I have the DVDs and have seen the alternate versions that were on TV a few years back, too 8)
Ah, I thought they were both from "Dressed to Kill," my mistake. As far as I know, after some Google-fu there are no other Star Wars skits, although there is a Star Trek one.
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Wingelbert Humptyback.

That is all.
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Dooey Jo wrote:Oh good, I was afraid I'd have missed an extra rare skit or something. :)
Ah, I thought they were both from "Dressed to Kill," my mistake. As far as I know, after some Google-fu there are no other Star Wars skits, although there is a Star Trek one.
And a Doctor Who one :D

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

There's an Eddie Izzard Doctor sketch? And you didn't provide a LINK?!

I'm starting to love Eddie. I watch his show on FX every week, and I scoped all of his stuff on YouTube. I doubt its a coincidence that on his show the youngest son is gender-fluid and handled with dignity.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Why have the Daleks got a plunger? jokes just aren't half as funny after you've seen them crush someone's skull.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:There's an Eddie Izzard Doctor sketch? And you didn't provide a LINK?!
Oh fine! :P
It's a load of Daleks...

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

. .. Where is his makeup? :shock:
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

He's wearing nail varnish if you watch carefully; as time goes on, presumably as being a transvestite became something that people were more prepared to deal with, he gets progressively more adventurous. If you look at Definite Article and Unrepeatable, there's very little - compare that to Dress to Kill, Circle and Sexie, and he's considerably more extravagant in his clothing. Especially in Sexie, when he spends half the show talking about his false breasts IIRC.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Ah, ok. Ive only seen him in Dressed to Kill, so was confused.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna