Michael Keaton is in talks to return as Batman in upcoming Flash film.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Michael Keaton is in talks to return as Batman in upcoming Flash film.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

https://theguardian.com/film/2020/jun/2 ... alks-movie
Michael Keaton is in talks to return to the DC universe as Batman.

According to The Wrap, the Oscar-nominated actor is in the early stages of conversations with DC over reprising the role he last played in 1992’s Batman Returns. The Birdman star would appear in The Flash, a solo outing for Ezra Miller’s character who was introduced in Batman v Superman before also starring in Justice League. It’s not yet clear how big or small the role would be.

The Flash is set to be directed by It film-maker Andy Muschietti after Dope’s Rick Famuyiwa left the project in 2016. The plot will allegedly ignore the two Joel Schumacher Batman films and continue on after Batman Returns. It’s based on 2011 comic Flashpoint which sees The Flash travel back in time to save his mother.

After Ben Affleck retired from playing the caped crusader, Robert Pattinson will officially take on the role in The Batman, a noirish take on the character from Cloverfield director Matt Reeves.

The news comes just weeks after Zack Snyder announced that he is working on a longer cut of Justice League to premiere on HBO Max while Henry Cavill may return as Superman in sequels to Aquaman and Shazam. The next dated DC film is Wonder Woman 1984 which is set to be released in October.

Keaton was last seen in Tim Burton’s Dumbo and his upcoming projects include 9/11 drama Worth and Aaron Sorkin’s The Trial of the Chicago 7. He is also rumoured to be returning as Spider-Man villain Vulture in Sony’s Morbius.

I admit, I did not see this coming.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: Michael Keaton is in talks to return as Batman in upcoming Flash film.

Post by Lonestar »

You Bastards Think you want Mike Keaton as Batman, but what you really want is him as a old Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Either that or 'comes out of retirement' Me from DKR/DKSA. Keaton's simply too 'old' for a prime timeline Batman unless you want to go with the DCEU old disillusioned version.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

It'll probably be a fairly small role, since its a Flash film not a Batman film. But maybe if its well-received, they'll greenlight a Batman Beyond movie or something?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Personally, I'm just excited to see Ezra Miller as Flash. Especially since I want to see the other side of this conversation:

Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

In Flashpoint, wasn't Batman Thomas Wayne, and Bruce was the one killed?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Lost Soal wrote: 2020-06-26 04:54am In Flashpoint, wasn't Batman Thomas Wayne, and Bruce was the one killed?
Yes. Thomas Wayne was Batman, Martha Wayne was Joker.

That was one of the effects of Flash changing the timeline (others being western europe being a smoking ruin after a war between Atlantis and Themyscira, and Superman being a lab rat whilst Cyborg is the world's premier hero)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lonestar wrote: 2020-06-25 07:19pm You Bastards Think you want Mike Keaton as Batman, but what you really want is him as a old Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond.
I won't lie, I like that idea.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Why can't we want BOTH?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I'm just sad that Affleck hung up the cowl after Justice League (and a couple cameos, I think). Whedon trying to Buffy-ize him aside, he was the best part of BvS and JL. I was really interested in seeing more Batffleck because I honestly think that was an interesting take on the character.

A shame, really.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

RogueIce wrote: 2020-06-27 08:19am I'm just sad that Affleck hung up the cowl after Justice League (and a couple cameos, I think). Whedon trying to Buffy-ize him aside, he was the best part of BvS and JL. I was really interested in seeing more Batffleck because I honestly think that was an interesting take on the character.

A shame, really.
I thought he was a good Bruce Wayne but not a good Batman.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Affleck's acting was fine. It was the scripts that were the problem.