Cursed trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Cursed trailer

Post by mr friendly guy »

Looks interesting. I think I have a free Netflix trial offer somewhere. :D
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Re: Cursed trailer

Post by Knife »

Watched the first 4 episodes. It's ok. Production value is good, but the writing is a bit hamfisted. Acting is good. Story is pretty good, I'm assuming it's based off a book or graphic novel? I disagree with some of the stuff their doing but overall it's interesting.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Cursed trailer

Post by mr friendly guy »

Based on a graphic novel. Some of the reviews from channels I subscribe too haven't enthused me. Basically one of the main turn offs (from both reviews which were positive and negative) was that it sets things up, but then you have to wait for season 2 for the things you want to pay off.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.