Andy Serkis reads The Hobbit for charity.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Andy Serkis reads The Hobbit for charity.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Andy Serkis is going to do a marathon live reading of the Hobbit-the entire thing-tomorrow for charity:

https://facebook.com/180115459433/photo ... =3&theater
Andy Serkis on Facebook wrote:So many of us are struggling in isolation during the lockdown. While times are tough, I want to take you on one of the greatest fantasy adventures ever written, a 12 hour armchair marathon reading of “The Hobbit” by yours truly - a journey across Middle Earth whilst raising money for two amazing charities which are doing extraordinary work right now to help those most in need - NHS Charities Together and Best Beginnings.

The live stream will start at 10am GMT (5am EST, 2am PST) Friday 8th May. The live-stream link will be posted on the GoFundMe page on Friday morning - and our team will post here as well.

@NHSuk @bestbeginnings #hobbitathon
I'll probably catch the beginning and ending, and sleep through the middle.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Andy Serkis reads The Hobbit for charity.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Well, its over. I caught most of the last couple hours or so, with the Battle of Five Armies, and it was pretty good. Serkis apparently raised over 270,000 pounds as of half an hour ago.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.