Wildbow's PALE Discussion thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Wildbow's PALE Discussion thread

Post by madd0ct0r »

https://poofserial.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... -cold-0-0/

Pact discussion thread: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... &start=200

Yay! I did enjoy Pact. And it looks like wildbow is tackling the setting again, right down to small town Canada.

Anyone else sharpening their truth spinning, other sense, rules of three, their familiar, implement and demense?

Edited to Correct Name --LadyTevar
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: Wildbow's Poof! Discussion thread

Post by Raw Shark »

Ah, crap. That's two more years until I finish Ward, then.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Silver Jedi
Padawan Learner

Post by Silver Jedi »

After consideration of the title's history as a slur, the author has changed the name to Pale. The new url is:

https://palewebserial.wordpress.com/

New chapters Tuesday and Saturday, with supplemental material (maps, illustrations, notes) on Thursdays.

Pale is the story of three young witches. Newly awakened to the world of magic, they're tasked by the local monsters and spooky things with solving a mystery. The setup sounds like a tv supernatural drama ala Supernatural or Buffy; the execution is a bit more nuanced than that.

Pale is set in the same universe as Wldbow's previous story Pact, and short story Poke. However, Pale isn't a direct sequel, and you don't need to read the previous stories first.

Personally, in really excited about this one. The first arc stated a little rocky but ended with a bang. It's really interesting seeing this universe from such a different vantage point than Blake had.
Not a n00b, just a lurker

108th post on Wed Jun 28, 2006 A Whoop!

200th post on Fri Feb 3, 2012 Six months shy of a decade!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Silver Jedi wrote: 2020-06-19 06:55pm After consideration of the title's history as a slur, the author has changed the name to Pale. The new url is:

https://palewebserial.wordpress.com/

New chapters Tuesday and Saturday, with supplemental material (maps, illustrations, notes) on Thursdays.

Pale is the story of three young witches. Newly awakened to the world of magic, they're tasked by the local monsters and spooky things with solving a mystery. The setup sounds like a tv supernatural drama ala Supernatural or Buffy; the execution is a bit more nuanced than that.

Pale is set in the same universe as Wldbow's previous story Pact, and short story Poke. However, Pale isn't a direct sequel, and you don't need to read the previous stories first.

Personally, in really excited about this one. The first arc stated a little rocky but ended with a bang. It's really interesting seeing this universe from such a different vantage point than Blake had.
Probably worth starting a new thread with correct title.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Wildbow's PALE Discussion thread

Post by LadyTevar »

Title changed to reflect changed story name
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Re: Wildbow's PALE Discussion thread

Post by Darth Yan »

Being willing to change was good