Do hyperdrives emit high-energy cosmic rays?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Maximum7
Youngling

Do hyperdrives emit high-energy cosmic rays?

Post by Maximum7 »

I know hyperdrives emit Cronau radiation but do they also emit cosmic rays? I ask because recently it was announced that scientists detected high energy cosmic rays with a ton of power. They are calling it the Amarestu particle (after the Japanese sun god) and it’s origin is a mystery. Some people joked that it’s given off from the engine of a warp drive; and it’s far-fetch’d but who knows?!

Is there any mention in Legends or Canon of a hyperdrive doing this, or is that not how hyperdrives work?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Do hyperdrives emit high-energy cosmic rays?

Post by Solauren »

I don't recall any mention of that.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

There's nothing about 'cosmic radiation' that distinguishes it from generic particle radiation. it's just called that because it comes from 'everywhere' in the cosmos, that's just how incredibly common it is.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Maximum7
Youngling

Post by Maximum7 »

So Cronau radiation could be a form of ultra-high energy comic rays?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Cronau radiation could be anything from radiaoctive gummy bears moving at the speed of lolipops to phase-shifted aircraft carriers made of dinosaur poop sitting still because it's completely made up.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'