Final Fantasy XIV

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-01-17 07:44pm
Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-17 06:30pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2023-01-17 05:49pm
I think I can un-spoiler this bit..
Are the shards Destroyed in the Calamities? I mean, the Ascians talk of 'rejoining', but do we see that some of the shards are truly gone-gone? 1st and 13th did not go full Calamity; the 1st because Minfillia and the rest prevented The Light from completely swallowing the world. The 13th was completely swallowed, but the Ascians themselves prevented Rejoining because it was too tainted.
They're effectively destroyed in that they no longer exist and there was never indication that effected the other shards.
I was wondering, because every image we've seen seemed to have all the shards still there.
But I am probably mistaken.
every time it's talked about in-game it's implied that the rejoined worlds are destroyed for all intents and purposes
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-17 09:00pm every time it's talked about in-game it's implied that the rejoined worlds are destroyed for all intents and purposes
Except for 1 and 13.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-01-18 12:45am
Lord Revan wrote: 2023-01-17 09:00pm every time it's talked about in-game it's implied that the rejoined worlds are destroyed for all intents and purposes
Except for 1 and 13.
Well those didn't rejoin they were just in the process (or failed in case of the 13th)
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

How long til 6.5?

This is the first time I've been "current" with releases. Endwalker dropped when I was in Shadowbringer, so I never had to wait for updates before :(

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-27 01:54pm How long til 6.5?

This is the first time I've been "current" with releases. Endwalker dropped when I was in Shadowbringer, so I never had to wait for updates before :(
How long until next major patch I dunno, though think it might be while until 6.5 since IIRC we're not even to 6.4 yet, the x.5 patches are the last major ones before a new expansion after all.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Here are the estimates based off the current schedule assuming they stick with the same number of weeks and there are now delays

Patch 6.35 release date: March, 2023
Patch 6.4 release date: June, 2023
Patch 6.5 release date: October, 2023

One assumes the next expansion will be teased come September 2023 for release in mid spring start of Summer because the team needs more time for the great reset and the visual upgrades.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-02-27 03:55pm Here are the estimates based off the current schedule assuming they stick with the same number of weeks and there are now delays

One assumes the next expansion will be teased come September 2023 for release in mid spring start of Summer because the team needs more time for the great reset and the visual upgrades.
Damn that's a long wait LOL!

I know that one of the updates will open up more dungeons for "Duty Support"/NPC-aid.

I guess I just need to sit back, work on my ALT that's still in the lull between HeavensWard and Stormbringer. Keep picking up other jobs on my Main.
Maybe start Racing Chocobos, that was always challenging.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-02-28 12:23pm
Mr Bean wrote: 2023-02-27 03:55pm Here are the estimates based off the current schedule assuming they stick with the same number of weeks and there are now delays

Damn that's a long wait LOL!

I know that one of the updates will open up more dungeons for "Duty Support"/NPC-aid.

I guess I just need to sit back, work on my ALT that's still in the lull between HeavensWard and Stormbringer. Keep picking up other jobs on my Main.
Maybe start Racing Chocobos, that was always challenging.
Stormbringer? When did Beta Ray Bill's hammer get mixed in with FFXIV expansions? :lol: 8)

But it makes some sense for a delay if they're doing upgrades to the graphics, plus however many resources got sucked in by FFXVI's development that have slowed FFXIV's progress. I would categorize 6.4 as May-June myself since 6.2 was like 4 months 1 week after 6.1, and the delay for 6.3 might've been the holidays as well as other factors.

I'd expect 6.55 and the final pre-7.0 MSQ to come up in December or Jan 2024 then.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote: 2023-02-28 01:16pm But it makes some sense for a delay if they're doing upgrades to the graphics, plus however many resources got sucked in by FFXVI's development that have slowed FFXIV's progress. I would categorize 6.4 as May-June myself since 6.2 was like 4 months 1 week after 6.1, and the delay for 6.3 might've been the holidays as well as other factors.

I'd expect 6.55 and the final pre-7.0 MSQ to come up in December or Jan 2024 then.
Well, Christmas is the best time to throw out new videos games.
I just hope they have enough servers, so we don't get a repeat of Endbringer + WOW influx.

In other news, last night I was having with my FC co-head and helping another member with some dungeons, and we decided to waste time at the Golden Saucer. I mentioned that I'd probably just ride Chocobos as the other member got the pre-regs for the dungeon set up, and suddenly they both remembered "OH! I have a Racing Chocobo!"

Cue all three of us as a party queued for the Race, and suddenly it's like playing Mario Kart, trying to beat them to the winners circle :lol: :lol:
Out of 6 games, we all made it to the Top 3 at least twice, and Three of the Races we were a mix of First-Third. (I only got First once.)

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Mr Bean wrote: 2023-03-02 10:16am Surprise 6.35 next week
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/16 ... 1640386563
So the new Hand/Land stuff?

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Crafting tribal questline with the moon bunnies plus the new "relic tools".
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Steve wrote: 2023-03-07 10:57pm Crafting tribal questline with the moon bunnies plus the new "relic tools".
And a new HIldy story!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well. FC buddy on Sophia FINALLY got around to ending the DragonSong War.

I helped her run Hraesvelgr's Dungeon and then take down Nidhogg. Took us about 20min each time for the Queue to pop, so I not bad.

Now, we're running around picking up all the quests that just opened up in Foundation, and hopefully I can get her moving faster thru the next part. However... *sigh* ... she's found BLU. She's totally in the "Gotta get them all!" phase right now.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Per Reddit news and the top comment who did the Math /SummoningStuff

Live Letter on March 31

Next Live Letter usually 6 weeks later -> May 12

Patch usually happens 10/11 days after that

Patch 6.4 on May 23?

News

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

That would be about right for the 4-4.5 month timing of patches.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Big update coming this weekend April 3-4.
There's a US Server-wide Maintenance, sounds like they're migrating and updating the servers.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

It's MOOGLE TOMESTONE TIME AGAIN!

Which means 6.4 will be out within a few weeks, and Tomestones of Astronomy will be replaced by the Tomestones of Causality and a new Tomestone released to buy better gear with. Which means farming them to get the better gear in a continuing RatRace of BEST GEAR. :(

But hey, 3 good Mounts and 2 nice minions are among the Moogle Prizes.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Next live letter May 12th

Patch on the 23rd which gives me almost two weeks to enjoy Zelda

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

New Patch Notes. New Patch THE DARK THRONE out "Late May"

New to Patch 6.4
Main Scenario Quests - The Dark Throne

New Raid Dungeon - Pandæmonium: Anabaseios

New Instanced Dungeon - The Aetherfont

New Trial - The Voidcast Dais

New Variant Dungeon - Mount Rokkon (Patch 6.45)

New Criterion Dungeon - Another Mount Rokkon (Patch 6.45)

Blue Mage Update (Patch 6.45)

New Unreal Trial - Containment Bay Z1T9 (Unreal)

Additional Duty Support

Tataru's Grand Endeavor

Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.45)

Weapon Enhancement Quests - Manderville Weapons (Patch 6.45)

Tool Enhancement Quests - Splendorous Tools (Patch 6.45)

Island Sanctuary Updates

Ocean Fishing Update

Allagan Tomestones of Comedy

New Crafting Recipes

New Mounts, Minions, and Emotes

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

SO folks... post your thoughts on 6.4 Content here!

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-05-25 12:05am SO folks... post your thoughts on 6.4 Content here!
Was somewhat surprised it wasn't the conclusion as I imagined 6.5 would be setup for the next expansion, but I'm not against taking longer. Makes me wonder if 6.5 is going to be the conclusion or if they'll literally bring it to 6.55.

I think the trickiest thing is going to be handling the Unukalhai and Shadowkeeper elements from the First and their involvement with the Thirteenth, especially since all indications are we're going to the First in the finale.

Anyway, generally enjoyed it, fun little hints to what might be coming in the next expansion story. And the Pan finale gave us some interesting implications for a potential future threat with the revelations involving a certain plot device from ARR that made a surprising appearance in this story.
Spoiler
Hell, Lahabrea's boast about how the scholars of Allag didn't scratch what the Heart of Sabik could do has a whole new dimension now that we know even the Ancients weren't very sure about it. That it's a piece of auracite and explicitly stated to have extra-dimensional or extra-solar origin....

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Because you quoted me, your spoiler doesn't work.

But yes. That is an INTERESTING throwback to both ARR and to the Ivalice side quest. It will be interesting to see where that goes from there, as I'm pretty sure we'll see more of Pandemonium's storyline.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Forgot about that stupid bug.
Spoiler
Hell, Lahabrea's boast about how the scholars of Allag didn't scratch what the Heart of Sabik could do has a whole new dimension now that we know even the Ancients weren't very sure about it. That it's a piece of auracite and explicitly stated to have extra-dimensional or extra-solar origin....

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Spoiler
and we already know the High Seraph, Ultima, is from another dimension/extra-solar. I also always thought her name, the same as the Spell, was an odd coincidence.