Michael Brown Case

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Michael Brown Case

Post by Thanas »

Patroklos wrote:
Thanas wrote:Ah, so you see no problem with the way the DA presented the case?

What is your legal expertise?

@Thanas.

No. And as much expertise as the average poster here.
I'll interpret the latter as meaning "none whatsoever".

Patrokles, have you ever heard cross-examinations in court? I have. I have even prepared cross-examinations. And the interplay between the prosecutor and Wilson's statement does not match any cross examination I have ever heard in the US. There wasn't one serious attempt to even find out if he was lying. There wasn't even a single critical question asked. No alternate version of events was even attempted.

It just doesn't pass the smell test. Let me put it this way: If I wanted to throw a case, I couldn't have done a better job. Well, maybe I would have mixed in a few more theories as not to blatantly throw it as this team did.

As an aside, not even in the relatively tame German system where police are trusted a lot more than they are in the US have I ever heard such a softball.

I really can't see how any sane person can read the transcripts and not go "Huh. Kinda went easy on him, didn't they?".
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Re: Michael Brown Case

Post by Terralthra »

Like I said, the clearest evidence at all - even more than suborning perjury, in my opinion - that McCullough committed severe misconduct is that Wilson himself, at the end of his testimony before the grand jury when asked if he had anything to add, pointed out that no one had asked him why or how Brown was a threat when he was running away. Almost like he really wanted it to be on the record that he had some justification, even when no one had actually asked the obvious question.