Prannon's Art (Full Images)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Prannon
Jedi Knight

Prannon's Art (Full Images)

Post by Prannon »

I figured I'd just post up some stuff for people to look at if they wanted to. The ones I'm going to show you are a few years old, a few back from high school and a few from college. These days I just keep up with it as a hobby. More artwork is available here

This was my first cell phone. It was a summer sketchbook assignment for my advanced placement class in high school. Something about extreme perspective.

Another high school assignment for my AP Art Portfolio. I was focusing on faces and people, and contrasts between colors and not-colors.

More recent. I did this for my brother-in-law while I was in college. He asked me to draw his old Mustang, and told me to do whatever I wanted. I was still doing a lot of that contrast between colors and greyscale. However, I had shifted away from pastels to prismacolor pencils and was practicing mixing colors and layering. ^^

Something else I drew for a friend in college. I took a couple of reference photos of him, and I decided to use both of them. I ended up doing something rather...surreal? I dunno if that's the right term to describe it, but I was mostly focusing on movement, contrasts, and balance. When I finally gave it to him, he said that he'd have it up at his funeral. I'm kinda flattered thinking back to it now.

Something else I did for a friend. He asked me to draw him with his alter-ego. I was more than happy to, and after I linearted it I eventually got around to finishing it about a year after I started. The feathers on his dragon were kinda...intimidating. Still, I'm very proud of the work I put into it and he was very happy with it when I sent it to him. :D
salm
Rabid Monkey

Re: Prannon's Art (Full Images)

Post by salm »

Looks pretty damn good to me. :D
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Wow, these are pretty damn good. Kudos.

I especially like the detail on the dragon-thing (or what is that thing?).

Who's face did you use with the one with the car and the girl?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

Zixinus wrote:Wow, these are pretty damn good. Kudos.

I especially like the detail on the dragon-thing (or what is that thing?).

Who's face did you use with the one with the car and the girl?
It's a "feather dragon." It's kind of a hip, cool alternative to the more recognized scaled, lizard-like dragon that people are familiar with. It's particularly popular in the furry scene.

The girl is a friend of mine from college named Stacie. Link That's her on the left.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Pretty good work there.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sweet Jesus, that's almost friggin photorealistic! That's damn good! As in, like, SUPER good! Not just a bunch of lines, but stuff with DEPTH and light and shadows and stuff. Man!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I really like the first set of coloured pencile drawings. Kudoss
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Uh... OK.

Did you forget how to draw from the first group the second?

Comparatively, the second grouping sucks.

The anatomy is off, there is a complete lack of perspective... I mean... what gives?

I get that it is a tablet and they are hard to get the hang off, but the basics of drawing are still achievable.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And gawddamnit Orange... his post was in April. :roll:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

Havok wrote:Uh... OK.

Did you forget how to draw from the first group the second?

Comparatively, the second grouping sucks.

The anatomy is off, there is a complete lack of perspective... I mean... what gives?

I get that it is a tablet and they are hard to get the hang off, but the basics of drawing are still achievable.
Necro, I know, but I wanted to address this.

The first set of drawings, I used photo references on. The second, I didn't. And I suck at anatomy without precise photo references. :( The second set of drawings is part of my attempt to branch away from that with mixed success at best.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Havok wrote:And gawddamnit Orange... his post was in April. :roll:
It's been many months, but he's back now. :P

Anyway, Prannon, I like your photoshop image of Annubrius the best, your "Prannon Doodling" is alright, but his arms seem a bit too long.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

I'd downright forgotten about this thread. I posted the pics, didn't get any comments, and left it be. I just noticed earlier today that there were some new comments and I was all like "Woah, must check!" Then it was like, "Woah, criticism! Must respond!"

Some newer, better stuff since the last post. Actually took my time on these ones.

"Chasing Memories"

"Mountains Made of Steam"