Star Wars: Steampunk

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Kolinar Romanov
Youngling

Star Wars: Steampunk

Post by Kolinar Romanov »

before I start my first piece of fan fic here at these boards (not my first time doing fan fic, though), i must confess that I have a liking for advanced steam technology, or 'steampunk' as it's so crudely known. I have read William Gibson's "The Difference ENgine", and marvelled at the technology (though the idea of the amiable Charles Babbage wresting control of England sounded laughable to me), and one of my fave. games is Sierra's Arcanum: of Steamworks, and Magicks obscura, by Troika, which combines Victorian steampunk and Tolkienesque fantasy ine one, nice, tidy, package.

And so, it was on one odd day that, upon playing Arcanum, an idea came to me: what if Star Wars had gone STeampunk ?

The idea, as you can see, led to this story. it's not that good, but, I'll try my best.

Here goes.......

~

Foreword

~

The Stonehenge.

Of all the areas in Englan, perhaps this was the mysterious.

AFter all, why would a group of ancient people build these 'wards' of stone, that seemed crude to the unkeen eye, but geometrically and spiritually correct ?

And that was the question one explorer asked, as he came to the centre of the stonehenge.

After walking round the circle for about 20 times, oddly, an opening in the earth occured, forming a sort of descending stairway.

The explorer then stepped down the staircase.........

~
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Romanov, I knew I'd find you here.

Your initials ARE C.D.L., right?
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Falkenhorst
Jedi Knight

Post by Falkenhorst »

cool start, where are you going with this fic? I'd like to see more.
Falkenhorst

BOTM 15.Nov.02

Post #114 @ Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:44 pm

"I've had all that I wanted of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad"

-Johnny Cash, "Wanted Man"

UPF: CARNIVAL OF RETARDS