SDN Usergroup Entry Requirements

Board policy, rules, etc. (newbies please read before posting).

Moderator: Moderators

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

SDN Usergroup Entry Requirements

Post by Dalton »

This is a list of all the usergroups members can join and what their entry requirements are. Generally, these rules are not negotiable.

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Send a private message to one of the group moderators expressing your interest. Applicants must have a minimum of 500 posts, have been on the board 3 months and be 18 or over.

Heavy Armor Brigade: 200 posts minimum and a requirement for the person to have a demonstrated interest in military history and technology. That can come either from posts they've made, or questioning by The Great Leader. Contact: Sea Skimmer

The Mess: Must be a current or former member of the armed forces. Prospective members will be invited to join if they can prove their military experience (The "Challenge of Doom"). Additionally, prospective members should be an active member of the board in good standing for at least three months. Contacts: Rob Wilson, Coyote, RogueIce (Temporary group moderator)

SoS:NBA: Society of Sisters (No Boys Allowed). Applicants for the SoS:NBA must have at least 100 posts and have been a member of the board in good standing for at least three months before access to the forum will be considered. No exceptions will be made. (Obviously, applicants must be female (the group welcomes transwomen too) as well) Contacts: Broomstick, Cairber

GALE Force: The applicant must be gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, or curious/confused. The applicant must also have been a member of StarDestroyer.Net for at least a month with a post count of at least 100; a SDN member in good standing vouching for a prospective GALE Force member can make that requirement redundant, however. Contact: Frank Hipper

Mecha Maniacs: Interest in scifi/anime technology, usually but not entirely limited to walker-style machines; must have spent at least 3 months on the board and must not have earned a derogative title (Village Idiot, for example). The moderator's gut feelings on a person might lead him to accept them earlier or not accept them later, though. Contact: Kuja

Cybertron: Transformers fan group. Must have fifty posts and no history of trollish behavior. Contact: Sir Nitram

Writer's Guild: Must have samples of writing. Membership determined by group vote. Contact: RedImperator

Justice League: Comic books fan group. Must have around 100 posts and have been a member for three months. Must have a relevant interest in comics. Contact: Steve

Keepers of the Lore: Devoted to researching the history of bbs.stardestroyer.net. Applicants must be board members for at least 2 months, have at least 100 posts, and have a general knowledge of how the board works. Not being a troll or a moron is a must. Contact: fgalkin

Knights Astrum Clades: This is the Christian usergroup, a place for the Christians on the board to discuss religion without disruption. Applicants must have been a member of SDnet for at least 3 months, and in good standing. Christians of all denominations are welcome, even if you're lapsed or questioning your faith. Contact: Lady Tevar
Last edited by Dalton on 2007-05-03 03:44pm, edited 3 times in total.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Added 'member in good standing' bit onto The Mess' entry at the request of RogueIce.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Please add the Knights Astrum Clades to the usergroups. This is the Christian usergroup, a place for the Christians on the board to discuss religion without disruption.

Applicants must have been a member of SDnet for at least 3 months, and in good standing. Christians of all denominations are welcome, even if you're lapsed or questioning your faith..
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Added, and contact.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Amended GALE Force requirements.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Added requirements for Supporters of Chris.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Re: SDN Usergroup Entry Requirements

Post by Dalton »

General upkeep, maintenance, etc.
To Absent Friends